Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Aodhfin ❯ Of Birthdays And Secrets ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
A/N: I'm posting another one so soon because of my wait with A Most Unexpected Happening, which I hope to be finished the next chapter soon. Aodhfin will just be a side story to fill my time with, since it's already so far ahead. Aodhfin is Gaelic for White Fire by the way -Odd h fin-, and I love that name. I plan on writting another story with that name in it soon. *Winky face here* If you notice any mistakes with names or hair colour or something tell me right away and I'll fix it. I had to type this up in non-Harry form so that my teacher didn't shoot me when she saw it. :Whoops: Feel free to email me any time with any questions at I'll try to answer your questions or comments as quickly as possible. *Grin* Now! Onto the story~

Last Time On Aodhfin: “Now son, you know that we are in hard times, the world is falling into a depression, and there isn't anything we can do to stop it. It wont effect us financially, but it will effect this town, small as it is.” He leveled a heavy stare at Harry. “There is something that we have not told you my son, and on your sixteenth birthday I will show you exactly what I mean.”

Chapter Two: Of Birthdays and Secrets

Harry awoke the day of his sixteenth birthday, and felt no different. He wasn't sure why he expected he would, but for some reason he hadn't been able to fall asleep last night, in anticipation of the up-coming morning.

“Hazz's finally sixteen.” He heard a sing song voice float through the hallway. Draco poked his head in, grinning. His hair was a lovely colour, a deeper gold than his father's fine platinum blonde hair; softer like wheat. His eyes too, were different from anyone's in the family; where Harry had big grassy green eyes, their father had steely silver, and their mother having beautiful warm chocolate brown eyes, Draco had blue eyes, a colour which reminded Harry of where the ocean met the sky on perfect days. They could be warm like his mother's, or cut you like that of his father's cold emeralds when he was angry.

“Yeah, so what of it? You only just turned 16 three months ago! ” Harry scoffed, Sometimes it seemed like he was the older brother.

Harry told him as such “It's not like you act any older than me half the time.” He twisted his mouth in a grin, looking over to his brother as he pulled his pants up over his hips.

“Well I say, it's not like I should, I'm young at heart, old at mind,” He posed dramatically, peeking over at his brother.

“Drake, you're so bloody weird. They should toss you into the muggle world, away from normal civilization.” He grinned, his voice muffled by the shirt he was pulling down over his head.

.§.

Far away, in a land that was warm, and just blossoming, a tall man paced the length of a hall, ignoring the warm food that the others were dining on. He growled deep in his chest, snarling at the woman that put her hand on his shoulder.

“My lord, you need to calm down. Stressing will only worry the students.” She urged in her gentle voice looking towards the small amount of students sitting at a large round table.

“Yes, I know. Perhaps I shall retire to my room.” He huffed slightly, and rubbed his brow. “I apologize Bellal, I did not mean to be rude, if you would excuse me.”

Bellatrix watched him go, a frown curling her lips. Something was wrong with Lord Riddle, she hoped a good nights sleep would help. Maybe a good glass of warm milk would too, she'd make sure to send someone up with it. Now, to start preparing for the new year, and the new semester at Keene, the most prestigious boarding school in the world.

.§.

“Hazz!” Draco shouted, skidding to said boy's door. “Dad wants you, says it's important.” He winked, teasing his younger brother.

“Shouldn't you be studying? You're not beating me you know. I've got the top grades at Durmstrang.” Harry threw a suggestive look towards Harry, tossing the notebook he had been writing in at him and interrupting the retort that his elder brother was going to throw back at him. “Hold onto that, I don't want mum to find it when she cleans my room.”

He walked quietly down the stairs, enjoying the beautiful manor in the July heat, the stain glass filtering the sun down onto the marble foyer floor, making a perfect replica of their family crest on the beautiful floor.

He slowed though as he neared the study. He could hear his father and mother speaking, and though he knew he shouldn't eavesdrop, he slowly crept and peered in the crack left by the open door.

A/N: How was that? Good enough? I don't know who I should pair Harry with yet, some suggestions would be nice *Wink wink* The next chapter might be up soon. *Grin* Ta'~