InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Curse A Blessing A Destiny ❯ Cursed or Blessed ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: WAHHH!!! I don't own Inu Yasha! WAHHHH!!!!!!

An: Well here's the second chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed the last one!

Chpater 2: Cursed or Blessed


Kagome sighed. The three of them had been traveling for over a week now, relying on what shippo heard from the villages they passed. It had been hard on her to hold back from going to the many orphans that hung like ghosts about the villages and towns they passed.

Twitching her tail at a stupid fly who dared bite her she looked up at the beautiful sunrise. Shippo and Kirara had yet to waken, but she didn't mind. It gaver her time to contemplate her new form and its abilities. She noticed immediately that she glowed like a lightbulb in shadows and at night. She didn't need light to find her way for she saw everything as she did during the day. Her horn could kill as easily as heal as she had found out when a demon had attacked shippo and Kirara. Kirara hade been sick from getting poison in her wound had been unable to protect them. Kagome had wanted to flee but she knew that she had to protect her 'kit' and her friend. She had used her horn to kill the demon by piercing its thick hide and sending a very powerful blast of power into it. She had found that if she concentrated like she had on her Miko powers that her power and magic reacted. She had to concentrate and see in her mind what she wanted.

After the demon had been killed Kagome had walked over to Shippo and Kirara and she had forgotten about her horn. She had been too worried about Shippo and Kirara. It slipped and touched Shippo's wound and he yelped. To late hse couldn't call back the power that slipped from her and healed him. Startled she tapped Kirara's wound with her horn and willed it to heal. They had camped that night and all fell asleep within Kagome's barrier.

*If nothing else perhaps he can teach me about my new powers!* Kagome thought as she watched the sun rise up into the sky giving a desplay of colors that her time was sadly lacking.

"Kagome?" Shippo muttered when she changed into her Humanoid form to start breakfast.

Another gift she had found was that she could shrink the normaly combersom pack. During the day or whenever they traveled Kagome would shrink the pack into the size of a ring and shippo would pocket the thing while he rode on Kirara. He and Kirara would ride on Kagome only when they tired. None of them were comfortable when they were forced to ride on her back, it made Kagome feel incredibly wrong and it made shippo and kirara like they were defiling something.

"Just making breakfast kit," Kagome murmured as she touched the wood with her finger to start a fire. Another 'gift'.

In truth she wasn't sure what to make of her new form. It confused as well as enthralled her and it had many pros. The only problem was that she had a very strong aversion to Gold, she sensed that it could bind her in some way should some one place it upon her. She hated the aversion for she had a locket of her mom and dad and it was gold. It had been the last thing her father had given her. She wore it despite the shudders it caused.

"Yummy!" Shippo murmured as he hopped onto his food. Kirara purred and ate her own food. Kagome watched with a sigh. She had found out immediately that she couldn't eat 'normal' food anymore. It made her sick. She was forced instead to eat whatever fruit or even moss she could find. She missed the luxeries of food and other things she had had as a human.

"Ready?" She asked when Kirara and Shippo had finished their meal.

"Yeah," Shippo stated and handed his cleaned plate back to kagome.

She smiled and packed away the food and plates before shrinking the pack. Handing the mini pack to Shippo she waved a hand over the fire to extinguish it. Changing her form she tapped the ashes with her horn and they vanished into the earth nourishing it and letting new thing to grow.

"We should arrive on his lands today," Shippo murmured, "Mom what will we do if he won't help you?" Shippo asked quietly.

"I don't know," Kagome sighed, lets continue to follow this beach and we'll see when we get there," Kagome murmured. *I suppose we could continue wondering, but that is no life for a young kit. Nor is it what i want. I wish for a place to stay where none will bother me.... None but my friends, i'm becoming too much like my kind!*

"Kagome?" Shippo murmured when he saw his mother's horn dull visibly.

"Its nothing Shippo just a sad thought," Kagome murmured. Her eyes were incredibly sad and she looked visibly shaken.

"Mom?" but she didn't answer, only looked ahead with her head lowered in shame.

*Is she becoming like a REAL Unicorn?* Shippo wondered as he clung worriedly to Kirara.

They walked for the rest of the day, skirting one town visibly whe they saw the harbor. They were spotted however and the humans gave chase as the sun began to set. Kagome knew that Kirara and she could outrun the horses, but Shippo and Kirara were tiring.

"Get on my back you two, we're gonne lose them by running where they cannot follow!" Kagome ordered the two immediately complied.

Leaping from the path she ignored the wrongness of there presence and leapt into the ocean with a shrill cry. Galloping through the crashing waves she left the horses long behind. Surging through the surf she ignored its sting upon the wounds that the townsman's ropes had made. She shrilled in triumph as she left the foolish humans behind. She rounded a rugged cliffside and suddenly she came upon the object of her search with a sleeping Rin.

Kagome slowed to a trot and commanded Shippo and Kirara to stay on her back. Sesshomaru looked up when her scent reached him and blinked in bewilderment. Then he recognized Kagome's scent and froze. Once upon the beach once again Kagome ordered Shippo and Kirara off of her and gave a vicious shake once they were. She laid down and let shippo and Kirara remove the ropes the villagers had cast upon her. Standing once again she face Sesshomaru.

"Momma?" Shippo whimpered and clung to her leg as he staired at the Demon Lord.

Lowering her head she nuzzled Shippo affectionately and comforted him till he and Kirara were curled up asleep.

"Why are you here?" Sesshomaru demanded.

"I need your help," Kagome stated flatly but looked over at Rin when she whimpered in her sleep. Walking over to the child she lowered her horn to tap her lightly on the forehead. Sesshomaru watched with narrow eyes as Kagome healed Rin of what tensaiga could not, fear and pain from her past.

"Why do you need MY help unicorn!" he snarled.

"I was not born a Unicorn and YOU know it," Kagome replied and shifted into her humannoid shape. "I am Kagome, as i'm sure Rin has told you. I am the one who destroyed Naraku, though i was human at the time. I'm becoming more and more like a Unicorn and have no wish to do so."

"A curse?" he asked flatly.

"In a way, he had ment it so i would change into a Pheonix or Dragon, but that is not my nature, instead i changed into this. My souls truest form." Kagome stated, "And i have no wish to become a TRUE Unicorn. They are a sad ageless lot who know nothing of true happiness."

"So you have come to me for help, I faught at the battle of Naraku, but I have no wish to join up with my filthy half brother." Sesshomaru snarled.

"Nor do I wish you to," Kagome stated. "He has found his own happiness though Kikyo exists no more. I am on a quest of my own. I know i can never again be human, but i don't want my love for my friends to cease because of a Black Fae who cursed or blessed me, whatever you see fits."

"You are not traveling with my fool brother?" Sesshomaru asked startled. "Are you not his Mate?"

"Don't be foolish!" Kagome snapped, "You can smell me! Do I smell like anyone's mate to you?"

Sesshomaru had to admit that she didn't, and her new form only increased her scent.

"No you do not," he stated, "Why did you touch Rin?"

"Because my resolve against going near innocents weakened and she was available and no child should be possessed by the dreams she holds. I healed her of them, she will never again have her nightmares of that time and place." Kagome replied. "Will you help me?"

"What was the spell he cast?" he questioned.

"To make me into my truest form. My souls true form." Kagome stated simply. "He expected me to turn into a Dragon or Pheonix. I'm certain it was becuase of Shippo and that i was very passionate in my aurguments with Inu Yasha."

"The fool failed to notice your other aspects?" Sesshomaru asked.

"I'm unsure, he was using Kikyo as a spy." Kagome stated flatly. "When he changed my form he reunited my soul, probably thinking it would go to Kikyo."

"Hmm, vexing, alright i will help you." Sesshomaru stated.

"Thanks, is it alright if i leave Shippo and Kirara with you while i go eat?" Kagome asked.

"I am not a baby-sitter Jaken will watch them while i come with you." Kagome shrugged and returned to her Unicorn form.

Leaping up the cliff on her cloven hooves she searched for fruit and tuffs of grass that would satisfy her. She knew that she would be getting no moss so close to the cliffs. Sesshomaru ran alongside her as she used her knowledge of the earth to get her food.

"Why did you leave my brother?" Sesshomaru asked quietly.

"Hmm, I could feel my human self dying and did not wish for my emotions to be lost... I love my friends dearly and to loose my love for them would have killed me." Kagome replied as she found a batch of juicy grass to nibble. "Oh uhg!"

"What?" he demanded.

"Sea grass! Uhg! EEEWWW!" Kagome spat out the gunk shook her head, "I think I miss that the most! FOOD! Oh that was disgusting! Maybe i'll find some berries or something, YUCK!"

"You eat fruit?"

"Yeah, when i can get it, but scavanging for foods that everything else has already nabbed ain't easy. YUCK! I haven't eaten much since I left a weak ago. I got through the fruit in my bag the first two days. This form, if i use too much energy requires alot of nourishment. The first two days we were attacked. I still carry the Shikon and it STILL draws demons and greedy humans to me, though in this form its unlikely that they can touch me."

"Hmm, I have finished my patrol, we will return to the palace tomorrow, you can eat then." Sesshomaru pointed out.

"Yes but only if i can make it. I've used alot of energy today, trying to get away from those damned humans!"

Sesshomaru chuckled, "My thoughts exactly."

Kagome sighed and gave up her search and they returned. She found seaweed tolerable and ate a bit before falling asleep next to Shippo and Kirara. Sesshomaru watched with a curious gaze.

*****(Morning)*****

"A Unicorn!" Rin shrieked when she awoke and saw a sleeping Kagome.

"Rin quiet!" Sesshomaru commanded. his ward immediately silenced.

Kagome raised her head to look at the little girl as Shippo snuggled closer to her for warmth. She eyed the kit with sadness and nudged him awake. Kirara stood and stretched while Kagome tried to coax Shippo awake.

"Kirara he's not gonna wake, why don't hold him in that sling we made?" Kagome murmured and took the bag from Shippo's pocket and returned it to its proper size. Returning to her human form she rummaged through the bag until found the sling. Placing the kit in the sling she shrank the bag and put it in his pocket again, aware of Sesshomaru's watching eyes. Kirara grabbed a piece in her mouth and stood waiting.

"We're ready," Kagome murmured.

"Good." he eyed Kirara, "She'll keep up with us fine, but you are tired. Stay in your 'human' form and I will hold you as I hold Rin and we will go."

Kagome nodded tiredly and stepped into his embrace with Rin. His tail swept around them and Jaken summoned them into the air. Kagome fell asleep after only moments, her body finally succumbing to her exhaustion.

"Sesshomaru? Why is it that she has tired already?" Jaken questioned, "She is an immortal."

"Unicorns were created to be beautiful, nothing more. They are simple creatures, vain in their own right. They niether love nor hate or regret. They know only happiness and sadness. And sadness only through the Innocents they seak. They exist within their forests rarely ever seeking eachothers company. They are lonely creatures that are said to be born of the tears of the son and blood of the moons. And born from the womb of the star lit night." Sesshomaru answered, "They were never meant to be humans nor humans them. Kagome was made into a unicorn by her own nature, one of purity obviously. She has utilized her powers and abilities but has no forest to rejuvinate her. Nor has she had rest and food. I am surprised she had made it so long. She is very strong for a unicorn, they are normally a beautiful pure creaturethat is simply pleasant to look upon."

"Kagome's the Unicorn?" Rin asked.

"Yes Rin," Sesshomaru replied.

"Wow!" She stated her eyes wide with shock.

*Yes, this is quite amazing, but is it a curse or a blessing. If she looses her emotions as unicorns have none, will she loose her memories or be tormented by memories without feelings?* Sesshomaru wondered, *If so then she had been cursed with a fate even I shudder at, but should she keep her humanity then she would be blessed far more then any creature could possibly dream!*


Well That's the second chapter did you like? REVIEW!!!!