InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Another Time, Another Place ❯ Simply Beautiful ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4

Simply Beautiful

Inuyasha fallowed Nova, Nave and Cyrus out to the garden instantly Inuyasha's senses were bombarded with new smells one in particular caught his attention it was different then the others, he smelled right now. Nova giggle at his reaction to the new smells she knew he cold smell Cold Inferno but she didn't want Inuyasha to know she knew what is was until just the right time and only then would she inform him of the Dragons that roamed the lands and sky's of her world. Nova looked up and saw Cold Inferno hovering overhead she had to smile at that, she was so use to seeing them around her castle and so use to seeing there young when they were teaching them to fly and hunt.

"I suggest we take a few steps back." Nova said eyeing the sky.

"Why for?" Inuyasha asked puzzled as to why.

"That is the reason." Nova said pointing to the sky.

Inuyasha jumped back as a huge lizard type looking thing landed in the garden right where he himself was standing just minutes ago.

"What is that thing?!" Inuyasha asked seeing Nova walk up the huge animal.

"This is a Dragon." Nova said petting the creature.

"You do know what a dragon is right?" Cyrus asked jokingly.

"NO! Dragons are not around where I'm from." Inuyasha snapped.

"Boys!!" Nova said irritated.

"Sorry, My Queen." Cyrus said bowing.

"Yeah sorry, Nova." Inuyasha said taking a step toward Nova and the Dragon.

The Dragon looked at Inuyasha and then at Nova as if asking 'can I set him on fire' Nova shook her head 'no that he was a friend'. The Dragon snorted at Inuyasha and Inuyasha took a step back away from the huge creature.

"It's alright Inuyasha, Cold Inferno will not hurt you." Nova said eying the dragon.

"Much." Cyrus added just to see Inuyasha's reaction.

"Cyrus!" Nova scolded.

"Lady Nova he is right you know." Nave stated.

"Yes I know Cold Inferno would kill anything or anyone who touches me." Nova said calmly.

"So let me guess it's dangerous." Inuyasha said walking around the dragon.

"Very." Nova said petting the dragon again.

"If it's so dangerous, then why are you so close to it?" Inuyasha asked just out curiosity.

"Because I trust her." Nova said wrapping her arms around the dragon's neck.

"You trust that creature?" Inuyasha asked shocked.

"Yes and I trust you as well, Inuyasha." Nova said unwrapping her arms from around the dragons' neck.

"You do?!" Inuyasha asked taken back by the fact that she trusted him.

"Lady Nova?!" Cyrus asked concerned about her state of mind.

"No Cyrus I'm not crazy." Nova said looking at him.

"But my Lady?" Cyrus said stunned to say the least.

"And yes Cyrus I trust you as well." Nova said reassuring him of that fact.

"As you wish my Lady." Cyrus said bowing to her, yet again.

Inuyasha just rolled his eyes at Cyrus 'Suck up!' Inuyasha thought but regretted it shortly after hearing Lady Nova and Lady Nave giggle and a low growl from Cyrus 'Damn can this people read minds or what?' Inuyasha asked himself hoping the answer was no, but it wasn't.

"Why yes Inuyasha we can read minds." Nova said still giggling.

"WHAT?!" Inuyasha barked in shock.

"Sorry I didn't tell you earlier." Nova said trying to control her giggles.

"So that means he heard me." Inuyasha asked smirking at Cyrus.

"Yes I heard you… You stupid half-breed demon!" Cyrus yelled getting angry.

"Good I'm glade you heard me!" Inuyasha said laughing.

"Now you two be nice." Said an unknown voice.

"Who said that?" Inuyasha said as he jumped to the side.

"Oh yeah and the Dragons' can also speak to you with there minds as well." Nave said with a giggle.

"What is the place?!" Inuyasha asked still looking around.

"Welcome to Undine, Inuyasha." Nova said with a proud smile on her face.

Inuyasha was shocked beyond belief that the people here could read minds and that the Dragon's could do the same. Nova had forgotten that her world was going to be totally new to Inuyasha and that she was regretting not telling him the details earlier, like she had originally planned to do when he arrived in her castle.

End chapter 4