InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Another Time, Another Place ❯ Jinxes the Shape-Shifter ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

Jinxes the shape-shifter

Inuyasha was scanning the entire room in which he stood in listening for anything that would indicate they were being attacked by something, but he heard nothing not a thing. 'Ok, that's weird' Inuyasha thought to himself as he continued to scan the room it's self for anything out of the ordinary. Then he spotted it a huge creature of some sort not a yard away from Lady Nightshade.

"Look out!" Inuyasha yelled.

But it was to late the creature was already behind Lady Nightshade and had grabbed her holding her off the ground several feet in the air out of reach for Cyrus and Nave that is but not Inuyasha he could easily rescue her from whatever that thing that was holding her.

"Put me down, Jinxes." Nova commanded.

"But…" The creature, Jinxes, said with a pout.

"Jinxes?!" Nova scolded calmly.

"As you wish m' Lady." Jinxes said putting Nova down.

"Thank you." Nova said turned around to face Jinxes.

"I'm sorry, my Queen." Jinxes said bowing.

Jinxes sighed and turned back into a human again once that was done Inuyasha was even more confused then he was in the first place upon seeing this creature that was now a human. 'What is that thing?' Inuyasha asked himself really wanting to know 'Ah, what the heck I'll asked rudely' Inuyasha thought cockily.

"What are you?" Inuyasha demanded rudely.

"I could ask you the same thing, dog-boy." Jinxes said sarcastically.

"Jinxes, enough." Nova said sternly.

"Yes m' Lady." Jinxes said bowing.

"Jinxes is a shape-shifter." Nova said looking at Jinxes.

"And Inuyasha is a hanyou." Nova said now looking at Inuyasha who growled.

"Nice to met ya', dog-boy." Jinxes said smugly.

"Feh." Was Inuyasha's only response.

"Jinxes is one of my scouts." Nova said.

"Yes, I the great Jinxes, am the best." Jinxes said proudly.

Everyone, except Inuyasha, laughed at Jinxes display of what he considered his masculinity proving that he was the best above all the rest that was until Inuyasha arrived to assist in protecting Nova. Jinxes knew nothing of this Inuyasha character and wanted to know more, but that had to wait he had urgent news for Lady Nightshade.

"M' Lady, Balthazar and his minions are on the move." Jinxes informed everyone.

"What?!?!" Cyrus asked.

"You heard me Cyrus Balthazar is on the move." Jinxes said firmly.

"He must be searching for the well to the future." Nova said worry creeping into her voice.

Inuyasha's ears immediately swiveled in the direction of Nova's voice 'Kagome's world' was the only thing that he could think of, he had to admit that he missed Kagome and the others but he had to stay and protect Nova like his father did so long ago.

"Did you just say well to the Future?" Inuyasha asked wanting to confirm what he had heard.

"Yes, that is right." Nova said looking at Inuyasha.

"Do you know of the it?" Nave asked looking at him.

"Feh, yeah." Inuyasha stated.

Everyone was quiet including Jinxes whose mouth was wide open in utter surprise that the hanyou even knew of it in the first place. Nova had a suspicion that Inuyasha knew of the well since that same well was in his time as well as in the past and future.

"Where is the well in your time, Inuyasha?" Nova asked.

"In the forest I was sealed within for fifty years." Inuyasha said.

"And what is this forest called?" Cyrus asked.

"Uh, I don't know maybe Inuyasha's Forest, dumbass." Inuyasha snapped.

Everyone was surprised by Inuyasha's outburst that they just stared at him like he grew an extra head or something like that.

"What?!" Inuyasha yelled.

"Why are all ya staring at?" Inuyasha asked a little calmer.

"You were serious?" Nave asked.

"Yeah I was serious, wench." Inuyasha snapped at Nave.

"Inuyasha?!" Nova scolded.

"What now?" Inuyasha snapped forgetting to whom he was talking, too.

"You shall not talk to Lady Nightshade that way, dog-boy." Jinxes said glaring at Inuyasha.

"It's alright, Jinxes." Nova said gently.

"But, m' Lady?" Jinxes asked.

"I'm sorry, Nova." Inuyasha said slightly ashamed he snapped at her.

"It's alright Inuyasha." Nova said smiling at him.

With that said everyone fallowed Nova to the throne room to discuss plans to stop Balthazar from destroying the world and everything that lived on said world. Inuyasha was still a little surprise that Nova even accepted his apology in the first place if she were Kagome he would be meeting the ground with his face; which was very unpleasant but sometimes he had to admit he did deserve it.

End chapter 6