InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birthday Wishes ❯ New Encounters ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Yes, I own InuYasha! *Looks at legal document* No, I don't own InuYasha.

Thanks to my lovely reviewers I decided to update this today. I love you all!

----------oOo-----------

"What is coming?"

"I can't tell yet. Hurry and get Rin inside!"

"Who are you to order us around wench!" Ryuji yelled at her. He'd be damned if he would be ordered around by a human woman and a priestess at that! Obviously his master had gone insane. There could be no other logical explanation.

Kagome turned to him and Sesshomaru gave a light sigh. He knew what was coming.

"What ailes you My Lord?" Kin whispered to Sesshomaru.

"You'll see." He answered turning his attention back to the priestess and his personal guard. He now knew to keep the dragon demon and priestess seperated. To his utter shock Kagome walked up to him and said something totally unpredictable.

"I'm going to let that pass." She then turned to Sesshomaru noticing his shocked expression and added, "For now." She gave a quick wink at him and headed back to where she was standing previously.

"Kiyoshi!"

"Yes M'Lord?"

"Take Rin inside. Jaken follow him and stand outside her door until Kagome arrives. Kiyoshi when Rin is put in her bed return here. Is that understood?"

"Yes M'Lord!" They yelped in unison. They lord was obviously alarmed by the approaching force and they all knew that the demons must be powerful to cause Sesshomaru to act so quickly.

Jaken started towards the castle while Kiyoshi picked up Rin and followed.

"Kagome are you still going to take care of me?"

"Of course Rin. Until I get up there I want you to stay in bed, but have Jaken bring you some water or tea to drink. I want you to drink plenty of liquids, okay?"

"Okay Kagome."

"My Lord what would you have us do?" Kin asked.

"Prepare yourselves. I smell them coming now. Kagome, can you tell how many are coming?"

"I think there are three and each one of them has a shard."

"How can you possibly know that?!" Ryuji exclaimed.

"I can sense sacred jewel shards."

"You're the priestess that can sense jewel shards?!"

"Yes, that's me." Kagome said smiling brightly.

Kin stepped forward and bowed again. "It is a great honor to meet you. I know I speak for Lord Sesshomaru also when I express my gratitude. You and your group have taken care of quite a lot of the troublesome demons in the area."

"Really? I'm glad that we were of some help."

Suddenly Kagome froze and started staring off in to space and whispered, "They're here." Out of no where an arrow whizzed by Kagome only missing her face by a centimeter.

"Battle stances!" Sesshomaru yelled just before he was run through with a sword.

"My Lord!" Kin and Ryuji yelled.

"Sesshomaru!" Kagome ran up to him and helped him kneel on the ground. "Why can't we see them?"

"These demons have attacked us before." Sesshomaru whispered.

"They have?! When?! How do we fight them?!"

"Stop your shrieking."

"I told you before, I'm yelling not shrieking! Besides I have every right to panic!" Another sword was run through Sesshomaru causing a vicious wound to appear on his left shoulder. "That's it!" Kagome yelled knocking an arrow.

"Whoever is fighting us ought to know that I may not be able to see your body, but I can see your jewel shards!" Kagome yelled pulling back the bow's string. Kagome searched out the nearest shard. 'Please, hit the mark!'

"Go!" Kagome screamed releasing the arrow. A bright pink light surrounded the arrow before screaching through the air towards its target.

A sickening screach was heard before the shard fell and landed in a pool of green blood.

"GROSS!" Kagome yelled. "Hey, they left. GET BACK HERE YOU COWARDS AND FIGHT ME!"

Sesshomaru, Kin, and Ryuji just stared at her as she waved a fist in the air. They watched as she walked over to the small pool of blood and bend down to pick up the shard.

"What do you think you're doing you fool?! That jewel is tainted. It's too late." Ryuji spat.

"Oh ye have little faith." Kagome said just loud enough for the demons.

"What do you mean?" Asked Kin.

Kagome bent down and gently touched the shard purifying the shard and the blood. The blood turned from a sickly green to the same color a mirro would be.

"Amazing." Kin whispered to himself.

"Lord Sesshomaru, it surely would be a wise decision to keep this girl out of the castle. She could purify all the men!" Ryuji yelled.

"Silence yourself." Kin ordered. "Lord Sesshomaru must first be taken to his chambers." Kin looked over to his lord to see the girl putting her arm around his waist assisting him to stand on his feet again.

'Lord Sesshomaru is allowing this girl to touch him? Truly that must be a dangerous idea. He is bleeding. She might purify him.'

Kin rushed over to Sesshomaru and wrapped an arm around his waist and inclined his head toward Kagome. "It's okay My Lady. I can assist Lod Sesshomaru."

"No, it's alright. It's my fault he's hurt. If I were faster he wouldn't have been injured." Kagome looked at Kin's shocked face and continued. "Besides, I can help him heal faster before I head to help Rin."

"But-"

"Kagome can assist me. I need to speak with her anyway." Sesshomaru said. He truly hated when his welfare was taken out of his hands.

"As you wish My Lord. At least allow me to help you to your chambers."

"Unnecessary." Sesshomaru said unraveling himself from their arms. He limped over to the gates and towards the doors of the castle. Kagome ran up beside him marveling at the old fashioned building.

Sesshomaru noticed with a smirk the awed look on Kagome's face. She was obviously impressed with his castle.

Kagome couldn't believe the size of Sesshomaru's castle. It was the typical castle that lords lived in only it was twenty times larger than any one she had seen throughout Japan or in her history books. Her history teacher would have had a heart attack had he seen the fantastic old building. She noticed the intricate designs carved into the doors and on the walls.

"Sesshomaru, is your room far away from Rin's?"

"No. Her room is down the hall. I will give you the room across from mine. It's to the right of Rin's." He walked up to the room and pointed to the right. "That room is Jaken's. Should you need anything during the night just knock."

"Alright. Now let's get you to bed."

"Unnecessary."

"No it is very necessary. You lost a lot of blood at you have two deep wounds from that sword. You need to rest. Now go to your room and change your clothes. I'll go check on Rin and then I'll come and help to dress your wounds."

"Unnec-"

"And if you say unnecessary one more time..."

"Yes I know. You'll purify my ass to hell in back."

"You got it! No get to bed. I'll be in in a minute."

"Hn."

Kagome walked in to Rin's room and noticed a young girl about thirteen years old sitting next to Rin talking.

"Exuse me, who are you?"

The girl turned around and Kagome got a good look at her face. Her face was small and round with big light purple eyes. She had flowing hair to match with a pink ribbon hold it out of her face. The few strands that escaped their prison were surrounding her young face, framing it. Her hair was straight and went to the middle of her back. She had a pink flower tucked behind her ear and when she stood to walk over to Kagome she noticed that she was about four inches shorter than herself. The girl gave a quick bow introduced herself.

"I am Kohana Miss."

"Kohana's my friend Kagome! She came to visit me."

Kagome flashed Kohana a bright smile and said, "Nice to meet you. If you like you can visit Rin tomorrow, but right now she needs to rest."

"Alright." Kohana turned to Rin. "I'll come by tomorrow and we can have lunch together."

"Okay!"

Kohana gave a quick bow to Kagome and exited the room.

"Well, Rin it's time for you to take some more medicince."

"Okay."

A knock at the door sounded just before Kagome could begin to look for her backpack.

"Exuse the intrusion My Lady, but I believe this is yours."

Kagome looked at the demon holding her pack and exclaimed, "Oh, thanks! I was wondering where that was! Thank you...ahhh..."

"I'm Sakurako."

"Thanks Sakurako."

"Lord Sesshomaru has asked me to see to you needs. I'll be your personal servent during your stay here."

"Okay. Could you please bring me a kettle of warm water and a teacup."

"Yes of course My Lady."

"You don't have to call me that. My name's Kagome."

"As you wish Lady Kagome."

"No I mean you can just call me Kagome."

Sakurako nodded and bowed then exited the room. Kagome couldn't help but notice the sweet scent of sakura petals that remained after the demon left. Her hair and eyes were that of sakura petals and she smiled at her name.

'Daughter of Sakura. It suits her perfectly.'



A/N: Well I hope you enjoyed chapter ten. Please check out my other stories!


-AnimeGurlie



Name Meanings:
Sakurako-Child of Sakura-female
Kohana-Little Flower-female