InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Caught in the past ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Caught in the past

Chapter 2

Kagome was bewildered as she followed Sesshoumaru down the never ending hallways.

`How is someone supposed to remember where everything is?! It's totally impossible!'

After what seemed like an hour, Sesshoumaru came to a stop at a couple of doors which

seemed to be a tad smaller but wider than the other doors. "These are the guest chambers,"

said Sesshoumaru. "You will be staying in that room," He indicated to a door on Kagome's

left. They went inside. Sesshoumaru pointed to a closet. "That closet have kimono's and

yukata's in them. They should fit you." Then he pointed to the futon on the floor. "I trust

you will be comfortable sleeping there." With that last comment, he left the room. "Wait,

Sesshoumaru-sama!" cried Kagome frantically. "How am I supposed to get around without

getting lost?" Sesshoumaru turned around, his face as emotionless as ever. "I have sent for a

servant to come around in the next half-hour. She will lead you to Rin. After that, she will

show you around the castle so you will not get lost." With that said, Sesshoumaru left.

Kagome sighed. This was going to be a long day.

"For the last time, LEAVE ME ALONE!"

"Come on Inuyasha, where's Kagome?!! What did you do to her?" cried Shippou.

"You made her upset again, didn't you?" questioned Miroku. "Kagome was right, you do

need to work on your people skills-."

"Would you two get off my back?!....Sesshoumaru has her." Inuyasha muttered the last three

words. "What?!" cried Sango, Miroku, and Shippou.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Get my mother back, Inuyasha!" said an annoyed Shippou.

Inuyasha rounded on Shippou. "Don't you think I tried? You think I don't care about

her?!...." Tears welled in his eyes. "Inuyasha, don't worry, we'll get Kagome-sama back."

Miroku lay a comforting hand on Inuyasha's shoulder. Inuyasha's eyes narrowed. "That's the

thing. If I try and get Kagome back..." He trailed off. "Go on," urged Sango, "Tell us."

"…He threatened to kill us, and lots of innocent people. And knowing my Sesshoumaru, he

wouldn't hesitate."

"Inuyasha, we'll get her back. No matter what it takes. She means a lot to us too."

"How is she?" Sesshoumaru inquired. Kagome looked up from Rin to look at Sesshoumaru.

"She just has a fever now. It'll go away as she sleeps." Kagome began to put her medicine

away.

"I see. I expect to see you at dinner in half-hour. If you do not show up, I will hunt you down myself." With one last sharp glance at Kagome, he left.

"What have I gotten myself into?" Kagome wondered out loud.

`And are Inuyasha and the others alright?'

Just before dinner, a servant appeared at the door. Kagome sighed. `Is Sesshoumaru actually

letting me stay here? He can't be thinking clearly.' When she arrived in the dinning area, Sesshoumaru was already there. He glared at her.

"You are late." He snapped. Kagome frowned. `The servant came to pick me up just a few minutes ago. It's not my fault." Kagome snapped back.

"Do not disrespect me, girl. Otherwise I will not hesitate to punish you."

Before Kagome could answer, the food arrived. When the servants finished putting the food on the table, Sesshoumaru barked, "Leave us."

The servants gave Sesshoumaru one last fearful look, bowed deeply, than hastily ran out of the room.

`They fear him?' Kagome wasn't surprised. She glared at Sesshoumaru, and was taken aback to see him looking straight at her, as if curious.

Kagome struggled to find her voice. "Was there something you wished to speak with me about, Sesshoumaru-sama?" She had almost forgotten to be formal, but managed just in time.

Sesshoumaru just kept staring straight at her, looking as though trying to read her thoughts. It went on for a few minutes. Kagome was just about to open her mouth to say something about leaving when,

"Miko, why did you jump into the well?" Kagome was caught completely off guard. If Sesshoumaru found out about her being for the future….well, he wouldn't be entirely surprised would he? People were questioning her clothes all the time….

"Are you mute? If not, answer me at once." Sesshoumaru was beginning to loose his patience.

Kagome decided to tell him the truth. `If he finds out I'm lying, who knows what he could do?'

"I-I'm from the future. I have to jump into the well to get back home. I live 500 years in the future." Kagome said nervously, hoping he would buy her story. Well, it wasn't much of a story, it was the truth. The actual truth, which she also kept secret of.

"The future? Indeed. I find that extremely unlikely." Sesshoumaru gave Kagome a very skeptical look.

"B-but it's true! I can prove it to you. Tomorrow, if you take me to the well, I'll jump in and…" Kagome trailed off, because while she had been talking, Sesshoumaru had oh-so-polietly stood up.

"Very well. If what you say is true, we shall go there first thing tomorrow morning. If you are lying, however, you shall suffer the consequences. I expect to see you in my study in the morning. You will not go on your own." With that, he left the room.

`Oh, shit. This is great, Kagome. You've really done it this time. You could have at least tried lying.'

Kagome eyed the forgotten food. `But as long I'm here, I might as well chow down!'