InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Crossed Wires ❯ Prove it! ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I disclaim any ownership to RT's creations.

However, I reserve the right to bring them out and torture them at will.

Crossed Wires

Chapter Nine - Prove it!


"Um hm. Yup. Most definitely," the wind sorceress nodded energetically "Oh yes!" only to gag when Naraku closed his eyes in relief and drew a deep breath.

She straightened pretending to brush a loose strand of hair into the bun on the back of her head when his eyes opened and surveyed the woman in front of him, "so…."

"So?" she shrugged in confusion and blinked in her best deer in the headlights expression.

"So…" Naraku leaned toward her.

"So-o-o-o" she leaned toward him unsure what the hell he was asking.

"Well?" the hanyou frowned in irritation crossing his arms over his chest.

"Ummm" she struggled to get a grasp on where this was going, "..ah…" she scratched the back of her head, "a deep subject?"

"Kagura-a-a! Just say it damn it!"

She winced, "say it?" she raced through the thoughts scattered in her mind stalling as she watched the man snarling in front of her, "say it" she watched him clench his fists then a light bulb went off, "OH say IT! Right."

He fumed, "well?"

"He-He, ummm" she swallowed "your eye balls are sexy as hell?" She saw his expression lighten and his arms loosen to fall at his sides, "Yea and know what?" she pointed at him with her fan, bouncing on her feet, "You're sexy as hell! Yea!"

She smiled at the grin widening across his face.

"Prove it."

She stuttered to a stand still, "er, what?"

"Prove it," his arms folded across his chest again.

She swallowed past the vomit rising in her throat, "prove you're …"

"…sexy as hell." Naraku grinned maniacally.

She wrung the fabric of the fan, destroying it as she whispered, "oh hell".

"What?"

"Yes well," she backed up a space "I'd love to, but here?" she waved her arms frantically.

"What's wrong with here?" he cocked his head staring at her inquisitively.

"Too open" she struggled to think. She needed to think, "enemies. Right that's it, your enemies. Bad to do it in the open, bad, bad." she swallowed and whispered, "oh so fucking bad."

"Maybe you're right", he seemed to be considering.

She nodded, her expression pleading, wary, frightened, slightly sick, and frantic as she prayed. Oh yes, Kagura prayed, 'please, please, please, let him drop it, please, please, please.'

"Naraku!"

Startled, the hanyou and wind sorceress turned toward the shout. From behind a nearby huge oak the undead miko stepped, arrow notched, bow taunt.

"Kikyo."

The wind sorceress - back to Naraku - looked up to the heavens, 'thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, Thank You!'

"Kagura, we'll continue this later."

"He-he-he, umm, right" she pointed her wrecked fan at him and swinging her arms, backed away from the couple facing each other and whispered, "if you can find me."

He cocked an eyebrow at her in question.

"Don't mind me!" she feigned a grin and reaching up, grasped a feather . Within seconds she was aloft and zipping away as fast as eastern winds could take her to whatever remote, far away, uninhabitable, lonely, unmapped lands she could find!

Meanwhile Naraku smirked as he took in the clay priestess, "miss me, Kikyo?"

Bored, the miko pulled the bowstring tighter, her knuckles whitening, "hardly." With a twang the priestess released the arrow watching blue light engulfed the arrowhead as it sped toward it's target.

"NARAKU!" bellowed from behind the couple as a silver haired hanyou erupted through the bush followed quickly by a bedraggled monk. With a soft thud the hanyou landed in front of the undead miko his sword pulled and clasped between his hands.

Miroku pulled the beads partially away from his palm a single strand holding the soft leather against the black void that inhabited the hand facing the evil hanyou.

Kikyo rolled her eyes, "it's taken care of already."

"Huh?"

"Er?"

The monk and silver haired hanyou watched as Naraku's barrier failed to hold back the arrow while the man in question did a rather good imitation of a Mexican jumping bead as he tried to dodge the heat seeking blue glowing missile.

THWACK! The rod embedded itself into the eye thing in Naraku's chest.

Everyone outside of Kikyo watched as the quiver vibrated from the force of it's thwack.

"Ow" Naraku winced, as he grabbed the arrow shaft and pulled.

With a sickening slurp of metal slipping out of flesh, the embedded arrow released itself from inside the evil hanyou's chest and dropped from blood splattered fingers to the forest floor below.

"Didn't hurt" Naraku tried to say around the pain closing in on his throat.

Shrugging Kikyo notched another arrow, "Okay fine, maybe this one will" she released another arrow.

The silver haired hanyou and his monk traveling companion stood to the side and watched casually as another arrow embedded itself in the evil hanyou, this time in the eye on the back of his left hand.

"What the hell" Naraku grasped the second arrow and pulled it out. "What's with shooting the arrows at my eyes?"

Kikyo shrugged and notched another arrow.

"Maybe it's because they're disgusting" offered the monk, rather enjoying, along with his buddy Inuyasha, the evil hanyou being used as target practice.

Naraku's eyes narrowed, "that's not what the demon slayer said"

"Huh"

"Wha…?"

The monk and silver haired hanyou tensed, "You've seen Sango?" the monk managed to get past gritted teeth.

"Yup" Naraku smiled painfully after pulling the arrow from his hand, "she and that miko of yours, Inuyasha, seem to think I'm hot".

"WHAT?" the men growled once again settling into a fighting stance.

Naraku smirked, "how did they put it? Oh yea 'hot as hell in an evil super villain way' .."

"Well you are.." Kikyo notched another arrow and aimed at the evil hanyou, "if it weren't for those eye bally things."

Inuyasha and Miroku blinked in disbelief.

"Doesn't mean any of us wanna do the nasty with you though." Kikyo sneered and let the arrow fly toward it's target.

Inuyasha shook himself, "Hey Kikyo, look" the miko turned toward the silver haired half demon as her arrow thwack into the eyeball in Naraku's chest.

She arched her brow.

"Umm… this hell thing?" her eyes narrowed slightly and Inuyasha rushed on, "well you're a stone, and I'm a burr …"

"What are you gibbering about Inuyasha?"

Inuyasha pointed the tip of his sword toward Naraku, "If you want to take someone to hell what about him?"

Kikyo followed the path of the half-demon's sword till she faced Naraku, "hmmm.."

"You do have the hots for me" Kikyo murmured.

"Did" the evil hanyou pulled the arrow from his chest and dropped it beside it's companion on the forest floor "did have the hots for you"

"Oh, so you're saying you don't now?" the miko's face grew cold.

"Ummm…" Naraku scratched the back of his head, "well, if it means going to hell…"

"Yes?" the word dripped ice.

Inuyasha and Miroku stepped backward blending into the trees before turning and dashing off in the direction of the slayer's village.

"Kikyo you really don't want me to go to hell with you not when you can have Inu…." he frowned at the suddenly empty space where the half-demon had stood.

"INUYASHA!" the evil hanyou screamed before feeling a small palm touch his shoulder.

"You'll like hell Naraku" the miko cooed softly.

"No I won't" the evil half-demon pushed at the miko.

"Sure you will" she whispered in his ear drawing him close, "think what a sexy fashion statement your eyeballs will be"

The hanyou stilled, "you really think so?"

Red light surrounded the couple as the ground began to sink, "most definitely."

Naraku's face broke into a grin, "prove it.."

********************************

xx