InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Easy as 1, 2, 3... ❯ Full Moon ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't Inuyasha, but if nothing else I want his necklace. For what, you ask? Why, the fashion statement, of course! ^_~

.

.

Easy as 1, 2, 3…

Chapter Seven

.

.

.

"She hasn't come out of her room at all since yesterday!" Inuyasha growled the next morning, standing in the kitchen. "Not even to eat! Does she plan to starve herself to death?"

Sango knew better than to comment out loud, but her thoughts were somewhere along the lines of, 'Any woman kidnapped and forced to put up with a jerk like you probably would. I don't blame her at all.' As much as she cared for Inuyasha as a friend, his actions yesterday had been less than acceptable.

Miroku tried to offer his own form of help. "I could try my many charms on her. Surely if I go to her room and try to talk to her then-"

"SHUT UP!" His two friends chorused, giving him identical deadly glares.

"I was only trying to help!" He protested.

Inuyasha ignored him and snatched up a tray of food that had been fixed for Kagome. Without a backward glance, he left the room and headed for the stairs, determined to lure the girl out if it was the last thing he ever did.

.

.

~*~*~*~*~*~

.

.

Kagome stood at her bedroom door and listened carefully for any sounds that would indicate to her that someone was in the hallway. When after several minutes she heard nothing, the miko turned and headed for the bathroom door.

"If that stupid jerk has any sense at all, he would know better than to trust me and would have locked the door leading into his room." She muttered.

Thankfully she knew it to be unlocked, and crossing the bathroom to the door that lead into Inuyasha's room, she listened carefully before turning the knob. Deciding that all was clear, she quietly pulled open the door.

His room was shockingly neat and clean for someone who could be such a slob, but Kagome figured they could probably afford some maids with iron stomachs to clean up after him, with all the money they had.

Just at that moment, Kagome's stomach growled loudly, and she had to keep herself from groaning in misery at the empty feeling in her gut. She hadn't eaten anything since lunch yesterday, and it was really starting to take its toll on her.

'Oh, please not now! This is war, and things as petty as food will just have to come second. I don't have time to eat when there are other, much more productive things I can be doing to make sure he doesn't like me anymore.'

Steeling her resolve, Kagome headed straight for the bedroom closet, knowing exactly what she wanted to do. Her plan would start here…

.

.

~*~*~*~*~*~

.

.

'Whew, I am soooo glad that's over with!' Kagome sighed, knowing she was safely back in her room. 'I wonder how he'll react when he sees…'

*Knock, knock*

"Oi, Kagome! I brought you something to eat so open the door!"

"Go away!"

An angry growl sounded, before Inuyasha made a careful effort to stifle it. "You need to eat something soon ya know. You can't stay in there forever."

Kagome gave a nervous laugh. "Maybe not forever. A month is long enough!"

"Don't do this Kagome." Inuyasha argued. He ran a hand through his hair and tried his best not to sound so gruff. "I'm worried about you. I might not know you that well yet, but I care about you already more than you think."

This announcement gave her pause, and she glanced at the door in surprise. He really did sound sincere. A moment later though, her expression hardened. "If you really cared, then you would let me go home!"

Without even thinking about the answer, Inuyasha responded in a quiet tone. "If you went home I'd probably never see you again. I don't want to risk that. I don't want to lose you now that I've finally found you."

Kagome realized her hands were shaking and what he was saying was affecting her in a strong way. 'What's wrong with me? Why can't I bring myself to hate him like I want to?'

When she didn't respond to what he said, he finally placed the tray on the floor. "If it will make you feel better, I'll leave the tray here. You don't have to face me right now."

Turning and walking down the hall towards his room, he finally heard her speak.

"Thank you."

Those two quiet words made him smile. Maybe there really was some hope somewhere for them in all this mess.

.

.

~*~*~*~*~*~

.

.

After she was sure he was safely in his room, Kagome retrieved the tray from the floor outside her door. While she ate, he could be heard moving around his room and then the bathroom, obviously planning on getting his morning shower.

A sudden pang of unexpected guilt made the food she was eating stick in her throat. 'I forgot all about his clothes! And he was trying to be so nice to me a few minutes ago…No! I can't think like that! He kidnapped me! What I did doesn't even begin to compare to that!'

Deciding she had better hurry up, eat, and clear out of her room before he found what she did, Kagome swallowed all her food in record time! The next thing she did was head for the kitchen, knowing it would be a lot safer for her with Sango. If worse came to worst, at least she knew she would be well defended!

Inuyasha heard her leave, but didn't think anything of it. He figured she would probably take advantage of him being busy, and would roam free while she could. Deciding he would just try to catch her out, he went on with his shower.

The dog-eared boy had been so distracted with thoughts of her when he entered the room, he failed to notice her faint scent. As it was, even with his excellent sense of smell, he had no clue she had been there at all, and that was gonna cost him.

.

.

~*~*~*~*~*~

.

.

Kagome and Sango were talking quietly at the kitchen table. The old woman that cooked for the family was busy working on dinner, and let the two girls entertain her by listening in on their conversation.

All was peaceful for a while. That is, until Inuyasha got a clue.

"WHERE ARE MY CLOTHES!" a loud roar echoed throughout the house, and Sango noticed Kagome cringing with a look of guilt plastered all over her face. This did not bode well, and Sango knew she could do nothing but watch.

Moments later a dripping wet, mostly naked Inuyasha ran into the room. He had nothing but a fluffy white towel wrapped around his waist, and even it covered nothing but the barest of essentials! All three women stared at him in shock!

"Oh my…" The cook gasped, looking far too excited for a woman her age. Her eyes were scanning the figure in front of her, and it was obvious that she liked what she saw!

Kagome and Sango stared as well, both of them looking like they had died, but they didn't know if it was heaven or hell that they had ended up in! The room felt a lot hotter now than it had moments before.

"I'll say it again." Inuyasha seethed. "Where are my clothes, KAGOME?"

Her mouth opened and she was obviously trying to form an answer, but not much was coming out. "I…they…that is…"

"JUST SPIT IT OUT!"

"I dumped them in the bushes under your bedroom window!" She finally cried, covering her face with her hands. 'Oh God please let him go away! I'm sorry I thew his clothes out the window, but do I really deserve this torture?'

Inuyasha blinked, not having expected her to give in so easily. That's when he noticed the interesting effect his nearly bare body was having on everyone. Especially Kagome!

"In the bushes, huh?"He murmured, temper dying as quickly as it had flared. "Since I'm not dressed, I couldn't possibly go out there and get them myself. I guess that means someone else will, hmm?"

Kagome stiffened, not liking where this was going.

"And since you threw them there, you should be the one to go get them, right Kagome?"

"I…suppose…"

Inuyasha grinned. "And you can bring them to my room when you get done. My guess is you're going to be making several trips."

Kagome stared at him in horror till he turned to walk out of the room. The next thing he did though was enough to cause her to choke.

His back turned to all three women in the room, Inuyasha flipped the back of the towel up in a quick moment, and mooned them all!

With a loud moan, the cook passed out cold.

.

.

~*~*~*~*~*~

.

.

"Thank you for helping me pick up all the clothes, Sango." Kagome muttered. They were dragging the last two loads up the stairs, and she was still seeing that really nice butt in her mind. He just had to go and do that!

"It's really no problem Kagome." Sango replied. "In fact, we should have just left them there because the jerk deserved it anyway."

Kagome paled "NO! I don't think I could handle him walking around dressed like THAT anymore! Or undressed, as the case may be."

This got a curious look from her new friend. "So you ARE attracted to him."

"No way!" Kagome grunted as she got to the last step. She was carefully avoiding looking Sango in the eye. "I just…that is…" Her voice finally trailed off, not able to think of a good excuse.

"It's okay, I understand perfectly. Even I couldn't resist a butt like that one!" Sango laughed. "Let's get these clothes back to his room before he decides to give us another show. I don't think the cook's heart could take it!"

This got Kagome laughing as well, and the two girls headed for Inuyasha's room to finish their task.

.

.

.

.

Don't you just love the cook? LOL! Please, please read and review, I love hearing what you think! (Especially about what has to be by far my favorite moment in the whole story)