InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ End of the World (Complete with Little Green Men) ❯ Through Medicated Eyes ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I not no own Inuyasha, or the movie Signs(for which I got the main idea from). Or the aliens...They scare me...

A/N: This is just one of those fics I wrote in one of my wacked-out moods. So of course it's kinda/very weird, and theirs plenty of ooc. Of course that's half the fun ain't it?

~
It was official, the world was ending. Either that or he was going crazy. And a part of him really hoped it was the latter. Why? The idea of being analy probed by some weird ass creatures from another world was NOT one he liked.

He scowled. Stupid fucking aliens. That's right, aliens. Although the only thing 'alien' he'd seen so far was when he wandered outside to find Rin and Jaken sitting on the roof of his car. Holding a baby monitor between them. And the scary thing wasn't that they'd been listening to the clicks and snaps of nothing, but that for awhile, he'd believed it.

Oh yes, he'd climbed onto the roof of the old, crappy 'Stang sitting in their driveway next to the two baka's, and had listened, to nothing. As far as he was concerned, it would've been creepier if he'd been the one on the other end.

He smirked. Aliens indeed. True he was getting plenty weird ass warning signals from his brain, but considering the world he lived in, well, his senses weren't worth shit anymore.

Running a hand through his hair, he walked into his house, closing the door quietly behind him. The first oddity that hit him was the lack of noise. Usually Rin and Jaken were bickering, fighting, or full out brawling with one another. But not tonight.

Slapping away his thoughts of aliens, he took in the fact that the telivision was on. They rarely if ever watched the damn thing. But now it was on, and Rin and Jaken were quite. Oh yea, definatly the end of the world, because insanity was way crueler.

Padding lightly through the darkened house, he stopped in the doorway seperating the dining room from the living room. The scene that met his eyes dropped his jaw and blacked out all coherant thought. There on the couch, huddled together, were Rin and Jaken, watching t.v in silence. Together.

He mentally weighed the two posibilities, his insanity, and the end of the world(complete with little green men). Right now it was hard to say. Though insanity was winning out. Mainly due to the fact that both Rin and Jaken were both sporting the same head gear. And not one of Jaken's weird ass hat's either.

Hell, he would've been happy if they'd been wearing those weird beer helmets. Shit, he would've joined them. But no. Unfortunatly for him, there was no alchohol on their person's(as far as he could tell). Though their hats were kind of shiny like bear cans...But to the point. They were wearing, wait for it, tinfoil hats. Yep. Shiny, silvery, tinfoil. Greeeat.

"What are you doing?" Both visably jumped at the sound of his voice. Though that's about all he got out of them. Sighing, he sunk down next to Rin (as all the rest of the furniture had been shoved against many of the windows. Boy were they smart.)

Groaning, he rubbed his temples. Thank god the end of the world only happened once, cause it was giving him a migrain.

Grumbling under his breath, he leapt over the furniture blocking the bathroom (yes, their reasoning of were to blockade off was fucked up. Seriously, the bathroom? How the hell was he supposed to stay sane if he couldn't get to his fucking med's?!)

Once in (breaking only a coffee table in the process) he practicly ripped the door of his medicine cabnit off. Grabbing his various pill bottles filled with anti-psychotic drugs of all colors(skittles!) He hugged them to his chest. Ah sweet drugs. Even if they were for humans, he could still pretend right?

Grinning in what was definatly an off-kilter way, he picked out the pills that would make the evil man with the jackhammer in his head go away.

Making a face, he contemplated the whole taste the rainbow thing. If this is what a rainbow tasted like, then he'd rather go to the river on the other side of town and taste it's delacasies (3 eyed mutant fish and all.)

Growling at his reflection, he noticed something weird. Mainly the shadow lurking outside by the window. Turning, he watched as whatever it was moved away from the window to examine the rest of the house.

Growling, he leapt through his previously made hole and ran towards the front door. Was he paranoid? Afraid? Hell no. But it'd been an awfully long time since he got to rip something's head off. Smirking, he burst through the door. And stopped dead.

He gaped at it, his mind bickering with itself. Insanity, end of the world, effect of years of trying to fix his problem with drugs, a dream(him having passed out somewere or another). It stood there, staring at him. And boy was it ugly as fuck.
He growled all rabid dog like.

He snorted mentally. Maybe he DID have rabies. That'd explain the whole insanity bit. But illusion or not, there was no way in HELL this ugly ass thing was gonna come on HIS property. It just stared at him. He growled louder, enjoying the feel of letting out his suppressed youkai nature, if just a little.

It clicked and chirped at him, and his insides squirmed. Aparrently Rin and Jaken HADN'T been listening to nothing. Great. He hated being wrong. He raised a clawed hand up threateningly at it. It cocked it's bulgy head and clicked at him.

Without warning, he slashed his arm forward, summining his poison whip. It collided with the ground inches from the thing. Okay, so his aim was a bit rusty. Taking the hint, it fled in terror. Growling egotisticly, he marched back inside.

Of course the farther in he got, the more depressed he got. It was the end of the world. And how he'd so hoped to be insane...Scowling he made a mental note to sell his pills next chance he got. After all, he wasn't insane. Damn.

Snorting at his dumb thoughts, he collapsed onto the couch, Rin not even noticing her lord flopping around like a ragdoll. "Jaken, what the hell is going on?" He waited for an answer. Which never came.

Cracking open an eye, he glanced at the imp. Then at Rin. He moaned. Great. Freekin' great. Aliens AND zombies. And he wandered why he told them the t.v was a better chair than a sorce of entertainment. At least chairs didn't turn their users into brain dead zombies.

Grumbling, he grabbed Jaken by the skull, picked him up, and tossed him off somewere behind them. Thankfully there was a yelp of pain to accompany the sound of breaking wood.
"I'll ask you one more time. What the hell is going on?"
"Aliens me'lord!"
He snorted. "Obviously."

Jaken scrambled over the back of the couch. Grabbing the remote from Rin's lap, the imp turned the volume up and simply pointed. So he sat and watched. They showed a video showing an alien beating on some kid at his birthday party(at which point both Jaken and Rin had screamed, then leapt into his lap.)

Pushing them off (Throwing Jaken into the kitchen) He continued to watch non-plussed, Rin clutching painfully at his arm. "Lord Sesshomaru, are we gonna die?" The terror in the young girls voice astounded him. And they wondered why he disliked television.

"No you stupid girl, first they'll take their instraments and shove them-"
"Jaken!"
The imp stopped dead, halfway back onto the couch. "Sorry me'lord." With that he leapt from the couch bak into the kitchen, were he could be heard throwing himself into the table.

"Rin, how long have you been watching this?" She looked up at him with big eyes. "All day my Lord. Just like master Jaken said." He felt his eye twitch. "Really." She nodded. "Jaken." He heard the imp whimper.

"I don't like aliens my Lord. They scare me." He glanced down at the young girl who currently had his arm in a death grip. "Don't worry Rin, they are weak, ugly creatures. They will do you no harm." Rin giggled.
"Like master Jaken?"
"Yes Rin." She smiled at the laughter in his voice.

"Lord Sesshomaru?"
"Yes, Rin?"
Leaning over she reached around the couch, coming up with something silvery, shiny, and quite familiar. "Would you like a hat?"

He eyed up the so-called hat in her grasp. Why the hell not. The world was ending, so why not indulge her. Besides, he was still half convinced he was crazy. And maybe if he wore it, the aliens would leave his ass alone. "Alright Rin."

Grinning toothily, she placed it on his head as if it were a crown. At least she was happy. And that's all that mattered. After all, the world was ending, right?

A/N: This is just one of those fics I wrote in one of my wacked-out moods. So of course it's kinda/very weird, and theirs plenty of ooc. Of course that's half the fun ain't it?