InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Exploring the Sengoku Jidai ❯ Shippou's Birthday ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shippou was sad today. He realized that he didn't know when his birthday was. Mama used to cuddle him more on those days and papa would take him on some special trip -- just the two of them. Maybe he was already six and didn't even know it.
 
InuYasha strolled by just then.
 
“Hey, Shippou!” He seemed in an unusually good mood. “I'm going to find Kaede some medicinal water. Wanna' come?”
 
“Sure!” Shippou felt excited.
 
“Hop on!” Shippou scampered up onto his shoulder, his little paws twined tightly in the hanyou's silver mane. InuYasha took off into the tree tops. Shippou gulped at how high they were. Has InuYasha had ever fallen from up here? His grip tightened.
 
“Watch the ears,” the hanyou said, with no real irritation in his voice.
 
“Okay, sorry.”
 
Shippou played in the water while InuYasha napped on a rock.
 
“Let's go!” InuYasha stood patiently, waiting for Shippou to mount his shoulders.
 
Shippou relaxed on the way back. He was very happy.
 
They got home and Kagome immediately wrapped him in her arms.
 
“We missed you!” She said and gave him a kiss. He smiled and curled into her soft warmth.
 
Happy Sixth Birthday, Shippou!