InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Firebreather Trilogy: The First Generation ❯ Renah Hanako ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Renkotsu's presents were small drinking gourds for milk and water. Hayley and Grace's presents were clothes for the babies. Mine were green, and Alex's were teal. Bankotsu gave Alex 2 rosaries.
"My father gave them to me when I was 13. He told me to give them to 2 very special infants," Alex smiled.
"Oh, I also have something to give you, Hannah," Bankotsu continued. Then he handed me a figurine shaped like a horse. "It's a model of Tenchii, a famous warhorse."
"Hey, everybody, dinner's ready!" Jakotsu called out. Jakotsu came here 3 days ago.
For dinner we had ramen and Ramune. While we were eating, Alex felt a sting in the back of her throat.
"What's wrong, Alex?" Hayley asked her, who had two fingers on her neck.
"Oh, nothing. Just a little heartburn, and you know what that means--a full head of hair on the baby!" Alex answered.
"Wouldn't suprise me, the dad has a 4 ft. long braid," Grace commented.
"Weird. I haven't had any heartburn at all!" I exclaimed.
"That's because your baby daddy is as bald as an egg!" Alex responded. Then, all of us--even Renkotsu--started laughing out loud.
~~~~
After dinner I went to my room and listened to Evanescence music when Renkotsu walked in.
"I forgot to give you something at the baby shower," he said. Then he handed me a necklace with a fire-breathing dragon on it. "It's been passed down in my family for generations. My father gave it to me when I was your age and told me to give it to my first-born child."
I looked down at the necklace and smiled. "It's beautiful," then I hugged Renkotsu tightly.
November 21st, 2011 (6 months later)
Alex, Bankotsu, Renkotsu, and I were now back in the feudal era, fighting Inuyasha and his group. Alex and Bankotsu were fighting Inuyasha, while Renkotsu and I were battling Kagome.
"Fire, Ginkotsu!" Renkotsu yelled.
Ginkotsu aimed at Kagome and fired, but Kagome dodged the attack. Then she pulled back her arrow, aimed it at Renkotsu and I, and shot it.
The arrow whizzed between us, making it miss. Though neither Renkotsu nor I was hit, I yelped and fell to the ground in pain.
"Hannah! Are you alright?" Renkotsu asked me worriedly.
"I...I'm fine. It's just that, Renkotsu--it's time!"
Without hesitation, Renkotsu picked me up and carried me to a group of maids close by. "Take her to the birthing room--and fast!"
Though the maids were now carrying me, Renkotsu would not stop following them, because he did not want to leave me.
~~~~
Once the maids laid me down in the birthing room, Renkotsu rushed in there. He started to kneel beside me, then he looked down at me. The expression of fear and worry sweltered upon his face.
"Renkotsu," I whispered to him in pain. "I'll be alright."
~Renkotsu's POV~
A maid walked up to me and Hannah. She glared at me and said, "I'm afraid you'll have to leave. Men are forbidden in the birthing room,"
I looked at her in the eye and responded: "Tell me to leave all you want, but I refuse to,"
The maid sighed. "Very well, then," and left the room, with the midwife now entering.
Hannah looked at me and smiled. "Renkotsu, you can leave now,"

Converting /tmp/php2KQjqY to /dev/stdout