InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Gone ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]
Gone
By: InitialA/TuxedoUranus89
Disclaimer: I don’t own InuYasha!
Author’s Note: I’ve been listening to Rob Thomas too much (but God, his voice), and this popped into my head during ‘Her Diamonds’. And away we go!

Her skin was pale as the moonlight as she entered their hut, her eyes wide and staring at nothing. He started, not expecting her back for hours. “Kagome–”
“Gone--didn’t know--” She whispered, showing no signs of hearing him.
He stood, and grabbed her shoulders, forcing her to look at him. He barely noticed the tang of blood that still covered her hands and arms. “What happened?”
“She’s gone--couldn’t do--baby breeched--”
He wouldn’t slap her to wake her, but shook her slightly. “The baby? They lost the baby?”
She blinked finally. Her eyes filled with tears. “No. InuYasha, I saved the baby, but Sango--I couldn’t--there was so much blood--”
Numb, he released her. She stared at her hands. “I didn’t know what to do, I tried--Kaede didn’t teach me before she--and Rin didn’t know--” She hit the wall as she slid to the floor. “I killed my best friend,” She whispered.
He wanted to reassure her, tell her she did the best she could, it was a miracle the baby had survived, but the words wouldn’t come. A distant part of his mind saw her bury her face in her bloody hands, wailing her grief to the world. He left the hut abruptly. He had to leave, he could hear her crying still, and the wails of the newborn babe who would never know his mother. He couldn’t face Miroku, who had left his wife in his wife’s care…
Somewhere, deep in the forest, he stopped and stared at the stars until they became too blurred, and let his tears fall. Alone, he mourned the loss of a good friend, a good mother, and a good warrior.

((Everyone mourns differently. I don’t see InuYasha being confined in his mourning, no matter how much time has passed in his maturing. (only please, don’t mourn by killing yourself, like a rumored dozen of Michael Jackson’s fans have. I’m sad too, but…) And I’m not a Sango hater!! It’s feasible in the time period! *hides from rabid Sango fans* Review!))