InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ He Loves Me, She Loves Me Not ❯ Tears of the Broken Hearted, Kagome POV ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome lay on her bed in her baby blue pajamas crying softly into her pillow.
 
*~Flashback ~*
The wind blew slightly making her hair dance behind her softly.
Black met gold for a second, which felt like an eternity, before the gap between them was no longer there.
Inuyasha leaned into Kagome, sniffing her hair and memorizing her scent, before Kagome pulled back from the embrace.
"Inuyasha…" she whispered softly, searching for something in his eyes, he doing the same to hers,
"I have to leave."
He was taken back by that.
"Nande?" he asked, his doggy ears drooping low,
"Why do you have to leave?"
Kagome stared him straight in the eye now, stopping her search.
"Because I don't belong here," she said quietly and cast her eyes to the ground,
"And because… I don't love you anymore."
Inuyasha felt his heart being ripped in two.
"Nande? Itsu?" he asked, almost choking on his own words,
"How long?"
Kagome sighed and hugged herself, then raised her head to see Inuyasha on the brink of tears.
"Inuyasha…?" she whispered, worried about her friend and stepped closer, draping her arms around him,
"Gomen nasai. I'm so, so, so, so sorry."
Inuyasha held onto Kagome as if she was his lifeline.
"Kagome," he choked out, trying to fight back the sobs that were pushing to get out,
"Don't go! Don't leave me! Please don't leave me!"
Kagome stroked his hair, trying to reach for an ear, but it kept moving away from her touch, not accepting it anymore.
"Inuyasha," Kagome sighed and raised his chin so they were face to face,
"You were my first love and I will never forget you, but I believe this was never meant to be."
Then coldly she added,
"Not even with the miko Kikyo."
Kagome searched Inuyasha's eyes for a moment then stopped.
"I am really sorry Inuyasha, but I have to leave. My future mate is in my time and yours is right here," she said softly, then placed a kiss on his cheek,
"Thank you for being my friend."
With that she turned on her heels and ran towards the well.
"Sayonara Inu-kun!" she yelled, waving back at him as she ran.
Inuyasha snapped out of the trance he'd been in and sprang after her,
"KAGOME!!"
Before he reached the well, Kagome had already jumped in.
"SAYONARA KAGOME-CHAN!! AI'SHITERU!!!" he yelled after her, then sank to his knees and cried onto the cool surface of the well.
What went unnoticed by Inuyasha and Kagome herself was the tear that fell down her cheek, dropping onto the dry sand of the old well.
 
*~End Flashback~*
 
Raising her head slightly to search for the tissue box her mother had brought up to her last night. After finding it and grabbing a piece, Kagome blew her nose.
She'd tried everything to forget the hurtful things she'd said to Inuyasha. Forget the way Inuyasha's voice had gone higher as he'd whined for her to stay.
She knew she had hurt him deeply.
“Inuyasha, I'm sorry… “ Kagome cried, burying her head into her pillow again.
She hadn't meant those words she'd said to him. She had wanted to stay in the Feudal era, but she knew she couldn't. Her place was here in the future with her mama, Souta and Grandpa just like Inuyasha's was in the past.
“500 years is too much… Too long…” Kagome mumbled into her pillow between sobs,
“I'm not like you. You have demon blood flowing through your veins and I have none…”
Kagome blew her nose again and grabbed a clean tissue to wipe her eyes.
“I'd grow old and die before you even looked a day older…”
Suddenly there was a knock on Kagome's door and she could hear her mother's voice on the other side.
“Kagome, I've brought you breakfast.”
“Come in mama,” Kagome replied and got up to open the door for her mother though it wasn't locked.
“Arigato,” her mother said with a soft smile as she waltzed into the room with a tray filled with delicious looking dishes.
“Have something to eat, Kagome. You'll feel better.”
Kagome made a noise of acknowledgement, nodding her head and sitting slowly onto her bed again. Her mother placed the tray on Kagome's lap, and then took a seat beside Kagome.
They sat there in silence, the only sounds coming from the munching of Kagome chewing her breakfast.
Taking a sip of her orange juice, Kagome glanced at her mother.
“You must be worried, mama…”
Her mother smiled warmly at her daughter.
“Mama always worries about Kagome, but mama also knows that Kagome is old enough to take care of herself.”
Kagome nodded her head slightly, finishing what was left of her breakfast.
“I could've come down to eat with Grandpa, Souta and you-“
“Don't worry. Mama is happy to bring breakfast up for Kagome.”
Kagome smiled, hugging her mother. Tears started to form in her eyes and she couldn't fight them back.
“Mama… I said such horrible things to Inuyasha…” she started, her voice trembling,
“But I didn't mean them! I just said them so he wouldn't come dragging me back to the past! I still love him…”
Her mother hugged Kagome back, listening to her daughter's sobs and explanation.
“Does Kagome want to know what mama would do?”
Kagome nodded into her mother's chest, sniffling.
“Mama would go back and tell all those things Kagome just told mama.”
Kagome shook her head vigorously.
“He'll find me disgusting! I look ugly to him now!”
Mama smiled down at her daughter.
“Kagome has not one ugly speck on her. Kagome has always been perfect, even from the day Kagome was born.”
Kagome kept on weeping into her mother's chest and her mother held her until the crying girl fell asleep with tearstained cheeks.
~~~