InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ High School Haters Stories ❯ lunch... what could go wrong? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Um… sit down, please Mister Takashi.” Kaede said confused by the scene.
 
“Hello! We're trying to learn!” Kagura said to them as Inuyasha sat again.
 
“I thought it was pretty obvious,” he whispered lamely.
 
“I never suspected it, I thought you were very serious about you hatred towards me.” He shrug his shoulders, Kagome analyzed it for a second. “Okay, you loved me… but why were you always mean to Kouga?” Kagome hissed even lower the word loved.
 
“I thought that would make it clearer!” he chuckled embarrassed, “I thought you and Kouga were together and I was insanely jealous, you really have no idea how much I envied Kouga.”
 
“Sh! I can't listen!” Kagura nearly yelled, Kaede looked back at them.
 
“Kagome, Inuyasha stop talking; you are disturbing the class.” Kaede said angered, Kagome smiled apologetically.
 
“Sorry,” Kagome said lowly.
 
They didn't cross another word, Kagome was still thinking about the words that Inuyasha had said, `he said he loved me… what a weird way to show it, very childish too.' Kagome thought, she was staring straightly at the board and it seemed like she was paying attention but she was drowned in her own world. She thought about the countless times she found Inuyasha in her way and now things seemed to make sense., Inuyasha always followed her, he was always hiding on top of the trees where she sat with Kouga to talk. He seemed to be sitting behind all of her classes and was always trying to catch her attention. Her thoughts were interrupted by loud ringing of the bell, English class was over but now that her curiosity had awaken Kagome wanted more classes next to Inuyasha. She picked up her stuff and Inuyasha stood next to her, staring intensively as she packed her belongings. Kagome turned her eyes up to meet his and he quickly turned his head away avoiding for her to see the redness on his cheeks.
 
“Youwannalunchtogether?” He mumbled as he scratched the back of his head and picked up his bag, Kagome eyed him confused.
 
“What?” she asked and he sighed, Inuyasha kept his eyes down.
 
“I asked if you wanna lunch with me… do you?” he turned to look at him and she thought about it, it was a very tempting offer but she suddenly remembered the girl.
 
“What about your girl? I mean… I saw you with someone before coming to English class, your girlfriend I think.” Kagome said, she knew she sound as if she was jealous and it made Inuyasha smile.
 
“Yeah… she's making friend on her on or that's what she told me, I'll be alone during lunch time so what do you say?” Kagome bit her bottom lip gently as she thought about him, herself and Kouga sitting in the same table.
 
`I bet Kouga won't mind it… I hope we can always talk at home or by the phone.' Kagome said silently and nodded. “Okay, I'll meet you at the cafeteria door.”
 
“Great! I mean, cool; I'll see you later wen… Kagome.” She smiled softly at his correction.
 
Inuyasha kept his eyes on her as he walked away from her, making himself trip with the trash can which earned him a couple of giggles from Kagome and he then turned his attention to where he was walking. She waited until he was out of sight and went to her next class. Kagome anxiously waited for lunch time and when as soon as her classes ended and her bell rang announcing her break, she ran out to find her locker. Kagome searched for it but with the new information she had gained, she was too distracted like to pay attention but fortunately, she got to her locker. Kagome opened it and put her bag in and as she closed the door, Kouga appeared behind it.
 
“Kouga,” she said, her voice was a mixture of scared and surprised, she did her best to smile.
 
“Sorry about that I just thought I would find you here. So… I talked to everyone and they said that they would be busy doing some things because I wanted to tell you something really important so we will lunch alone,” he looked at her fake smile and he sighed heavily. “Unless, you had invited someone to join us.”
 
“You are not gonna like this,” Kagome started and he shook his head.
 
“Just say it already Kagome; if Rin or Sango is going to be there well, I guess I…”
 
“It's Inuyasha!” she nearly yelled and quickly covered her mouth and turned around to avoid seeing his expression, Kagome didn't hear anything and then she listened to his breathing speed.
 
“You… invited… the mutt face.” Kouga said surprised, he grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her around to see the horror in his face. “Are you insane?!”
 
“Chill, I told him he could join us at lunch because he was being really nice at English class.” Kouga nodded.
 
“Right, you forgot something.” he said.
 
“What?”
 
“He's a jerk.” Kagome sighed. “Seriously Kags, what were you thinking? The mutt face?!” Kouga said disgusted, she rolled her eyes. “Just tell me why on earth would you do that?”
 
“He asked me if he could have lunch with him and I thought he changed and I accepted his invitation… I thought you wouldn't mind, I'm sorry.” he shook his head and then started laughing, Kagome stared at him confused. “What?”
 
“I know this is a joke… hahaha, okay Kagome now I laughed now let's go to lunch…” she smiled and placed her arm around his waist.
 
“Don't worry, everything will be fine but just in case… behave.” Kouga nodded and rolled his eyes as he placed his arm around her shoulders and walked towards the cafeteria.
 
Kagome and Kouga walked to the cafeteria, she knew he was angry for ruining their alone time. Kouga was beyond angry, picking some time with Inuyasha rather than him made him despise him even more. `I thought this was my perfect chance… just the two of us, he just had to ruin it! Why now? Why did he want to be nice today? Did he just wake up and say “today's the day I'll stop being an ass and ruin everything!”? The exact day I wanted to ask her to be my girlfriend… perfect.' Kouga sighed heavily as he pushed the door open, Kagome quickly spotted Inuyasha in a table and they walked towards him.
 
“Hey Kagome… what is he doing here?” Inuyasha asked annoyed as soon as he saw Kouga.
 
“Mutt face, not glad you could join us!” Kouga answered back with the same annoyance
 
“Kagome I thought that we were having lunch together… alone.” Inuyasha pointed with his eyes at Kouga, he scoffed.
 
“Join the club, I asked Kagome first mutt face.” Inuyasha quickly got up from his chair and Kagome stood between the two of them.
 
“Okay guys, could you two stop fighting? Inuyasha, it's true… Kouga asked me first but Kouga, I told Inuyasha I would have lunch with him so we'll have lunch together. You know, just the three of us.” Kagome smiled and watched them as Inuyasha rolled his eyes and sat down, Kouga shrugged his shoulders and sat in front of him.
 
Kagome was about to stand up to grab her lunch when Inuyasha offered to do it for her, Kouga cursed him silently and went to grab his own food; she smiled and waited patiently for both of them to return. Today's lunch was hot dog, she was about to stand up again to grab some condiments when Kouga got up first and brought her ketchup and mustard. Kagome thought they were acting like little kinder garden kids trying to get the teacher's attention and giggled some before placing some mustard on her food.
 
“Thanks for bringing me lunch Inuyasha,” Kagome said before taking a bite.
 
“It was nothing.” Inuyasha smiled at her gently and she quickly smiled back, Kouga was jealous and let out an annoyed grunt before remembering his question.
 
“Kags, remember our small chat that was interrupted by… our intruder.” Kagome shot him a look and Kouga smiled “I was thinking that you and I could go to the movies tonight, just the two of us of course.”
 
“Really? I was about to tell you to come over tonight and watch a movie with me but I like your idea so much better…” Kagome grabbed his face affectionately and planted a kiss on his forehead.
 
“Get a room wench.” Kagome turned to Inuyasha and looked at him offended, Kouga took it more seriously.
 
“Stop it mutt face, didn't you say you wanted to change? Apologize to her.” He said and Inuyasha arched his brow before nodding smugly.
 
“You know what? I will… I'm sorry Kagome but this jackass is getting on my nerve. Why don't we go somewhere else Kagome?” Kouga laughed and Inuyasha's anger started to build up.
 
“You seriously think she'll leave me for you?! A year ago you didn't know her name! You always ignored her!” Kouga stood up furiously, Inuyasha kept his eyes on him.
 
“I did know her name! And I ignored her because with you around… who wouldn't?” Inuyasha stood up, both of them were shooting daggers at each other through their eyes and Kagome quickly placed herself between them.
 
“Whoa… guys, that's enough.” Kouga gently pushed her aside as he got closer to Inuyasha, people noticed their small quarrel and gathered around them.
 
“You know what mutt face? You never dared to get near to her because you have always been afraid of me haven't you?” Kouga teased with an arrogant smile, he softly pushed Inuyasha and he instantly clenched his fists.
 
“That's it!” Inuyasha yelled and punched Kouga.
 
“Oh my god!” Kagome said shocked, she knew they hated each other but she never thought their hate would get that far.
 
People in the cafeteria started yelling `fight'. Kouga got up and punched Inuyasha back, hitting him on the stomach. Inuyasha charged and kicked Kouga before punching him again, Kouga saw Inuyasha walking away and quickly pulled him by the legs and made him fall. They both were on the floor, they grabbed each other by the neck but Inuyasha punched Kouga on the face, which set him free from his grasp while Inuyasha started choking Kouga. He was lacking some air, so he punched him on the nose and Inuyasha started bleeding. Angrily, he punched Kouga back aiming for his lip which started draining out blood as well. Kagome looked at them shocked as they were hitting each other close enough to kill themselves. Inuyasha stood up, he kneed Kouga and grabbed him by the hair before repeatedly punching him; Kouga's mouth was drenched in blood and so was Inuyasha's fist. Kagome was trying to stop the fight but people were pushing her behind and she could hardly see what was happening, she soon saw her best friend on the floor bleeding and fear overwhelmed her.
 
“Stop!” Kagome yelled and everyone went silent.
 
Kagome pushed aside people and quickly got inside the small circle in which their quarrel was taking place. Inuyasha looked at her surprised; he had forgotten she was watching everything and quickly he let Kouga go. He groaned as he hit the floor and Kagome quickly went by his side. Inuyasha stared at Kagome as she gently helped Kouga to stand up, she turned her eyes towards his and looked at him furious; Inuyasha's mouth opened but no words came out.
 
“Kagome…I…” he started; she shook her head and closed her eyes tightly.
 
“Save it! I should have known this was a trap! You're never gonna change, are you?” Kagome opened them and a tear rolled down. “Poor Kouga,”
 
“But Kagome…” he tried to touch her but she jerked away from him.
 
“Just stay away from me!” Kagome said as she slowly walked away with Kouga injured by her side.
 
`You are an idiot Inuyasha Takashi… a big dumbass idiot!' Inuyasha thought as he saw Kagome taking Kouga to the nursery.
 
“What's going on in here?!” Miss Kaede asked furiously, everyone started walking away before she could blame it on them. “Inuyasha! You tell me what was going on in here this instant!”
 
“I just slipped and hit my nose with the table,” Inuyasha lied lamely as he held his nose up, trying to avoid more blood from pouring down. Kaede looked at him in the eyes and nodded, she still wasn't very convinced though.
 
“Okay… get yourself cleaned up, you look like someone had hit you.” Inuyasha nodded and half smiled as he walked away.
 
“Oh my god Inuyasha… what happened to you?!” a girl with long black hair asked as she touched his nose lightly.
 
“Nothing, I'm fine... ouch!” he said as he pushed her hand away.
 
“Inuyasha, don't lie to me.” his girlfriend replied as she crossed her arms.
 
“I'll tell you everything but can we go to the doctor first? My nose is bleeding really badly,” she placed her hands on her hips and he looked at her with a pleading look, she nodded.
 
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“Ouch! That hurts!” Kouga said as the nurse checked his mouth, he had a broken lip and due to the many punches Inuyasha had given him, his jaw hurt him.
 
“Stop moving Kouga,” Kagome commanded she let out heavy sigh; feeling somehow that it was her fault.
 
“Okay kid noting is broken… but you should go to the dentist and make him check your teeth, just in case.” the nurse said and heard someone coming in. “I'll leave you two alone for a second, a got another patient”
 
“Kouga… I'm reall…” Kouga covered her mouth his finger.
 
“Don't say it Kagome, it wasn't your fault… it wasn't mine either, the only one we should blame would be mutt face.” Kouga hissed with anger his nickname for him and Kagome sighed again.
 
“Okay kid, sit on the other chair, I got to check this kid.” the nurse ordered. Kouga moved and Kagome stood up, Inuyasha sat on the other chair.
 
“Mutt face!” Kouga yelled furious.
 
“Shut up Kouga, I'm here because of you.” Inuyasha as the nurse handed him some paper to clean his hand which was covered with blood.
 
“No, no, no, no! This is all your fault!” Kagome rolled her eyes.
 
“Hey! It doesn't matter whose fault is it! You two are here because you acted like little kids… violent, blood thirsty but kids in the end.” Kagome stated and both of them looked at the floor as if they were ashamed.
 
“I'll wait for you outside Inuyasha, okay?” Kagome looked back at the person who had pronounced that words, she knew it was the same girl she had seen earlier.
 
“Who are you?” Kagome asked and the girl giggled.
 
“Oh, sorry… I'm Kikyo, I'm Inuyasha's girlfriend.” She said with a smile.