InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ High School Haters Stories ❯ Sesshomaru's party ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“What do you mean?! Is he okay?!” Kagome asked, Kouga's mother didn't answer a thing, she sniffed.
 
“He was shopping for some things I needed for dinner at the grocery store, he was walking to cross the street and he dropped something bend to pick it up and…” Kouga's mother started crying again.
 
“And?” Kagome asked hiding her worry; she patted her back in an effort to calm her down. She took a deep breath and continued.
 
“A car hit him accidentally, he barely got a chance to stop… but it did hit Kouga and… broke his back.” Kagome's eyes widened.
 
“Oh my god!” she let out frightened.
 
“I told you because you are her best friend and you might want to visit him tomorrow, you have to understand that this is very hard for his family and… telling you this right now, is even harder.” Kagome nodded although the words couldn't be processed in her brain after the shocking news.
 
“I have to see him now.” She said but Kouga's mother stopped her and shook her head.
 
“It's too late for visits, you should rest and maybe go visit him tomorrow.” she let out a sigh, Kagome didn't want to obey her but she nodded.
 
“Okay,”
 
“Goodnight Kagome.” she said and walked away.
 
“Goodnight.” she mumbled as she stood in her door frame, watching her walk away.
 
Kagome closed the door, she couldn't believe what just happened, her best friend, got hit by a car? She went upstairs and locked in her room, she needed to think. Later that night, Kagome was trying to sleep but all she could think of was of…. Inuyasha. She was thinking about his feelings about her, `how can I be so careless? My best friend is at the hospital and I'm thinking about Inuyasha and the fact that he might be something more than a friend…' Kagome stopped her thoughts, she had been thinking about all the friends' thing and somehow she knew her inner self wasn't satisfied with his friendship. Of course, she knew that it had only been 3 days that he had been nice to her and maybe just maybe, he might be what she was looking for. Kagome shook her head and decided that it was her lack of sleep what was keeping these crazy thoughts in her head. `I should really try to sleep…' she told herself and soon after she had fallen asleep. The next morning she woke up and the thought her friend's health hit her, she immediately dialed Sango's number.
 
“Hey, may I speak to Sango please?” Kagome asked as soon as she heard someone picking up.
 
“Gee, Kagome… am I that unimportant?” Kohaku said; Sango's younger brother. “How about `hello' first?”
 
“Sorry Kohaku, hi… I'm on a hurry, please?” he groaned and soon, Kagome heard her best friend's voice.
 
“Hello?”
 
“I have to tell you something really important.” Sango squealed.
 
“I knew you and Kouga would get together!” Kagome sighed heavily and shook her head although she was aware Sango couldn't see her.
 
“No… I actually called you to tell you that… he got hit by a car yesterday.” She heard Sango gasp loudly.
 
“Oh my god! That's horrible! Is he okay?!”
 
“I don't know… I just wanted to know if you could join me to visit Kouga,” Kagome heard Sango groan.
 
“I'd love to but I promised my boyfriend that I…” Kagome half smiled and interrupted her.
 
“Well, I guess Miroku can come too…” Sango sighed.
 
“I'm so sorry; we are supposed to go out with Inuyasha and his girlfriend. Kags? Are you there?” Kagome didn't say anything, she just hung up.
 
`Inuyasha… he and his girl are still together, of course! How silly of me… they are a couple, that's what they do… even when they have their differences, apparently they love each other enough to forgive each other… it's… really good for them.' Kagome thought, however even to her seemed like she was jealous. She let out a giggle and shook her head, she wasn't jealous… never jealous about Inuyasha. She dressed up in a pink T-shirt; a color that she thought it looked great on her. Kagome had breakfast alone since her mother was out with her brother at his soccer practice; she grabbed a coat and walked out.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Miroku and Inuyasha were goofing around until they saw Sango coming their way; she opened her locker lazily with a saddened expression and closed the door lightly. She muttered what they both thought was a timid `hi' and walked away, Miroku stopped her and Sango let out a heavy sigh.
 
“What's wrong?” Miroku asked worried, Sango shook her head.
 
“Nothing, it's just that…I was hoping we could cancel our date.” he looked at her worried.
 
“Why? Is something wrong?” she nodded.
 
“There was this accident and… Kouga's in the hospital.” Sango said, trying to keep her voice from cracking.
 
“How did Kagome take it?” Miroku asked, Inuyasha sprung his head around as soon as he heard her name.
 
“What about Kagome?” Inuyasha asked but Sango simply shook her head, Miroku sighed.
 
“Kouga is in the hospital. Sango, do you want to visit him?” he asked to his girlfriend and she nodded.
 
“Yeah… so, can we change our plans for tomorrow night?” she asked to both of them, Miroku nodded and Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“Why not?” Inuyasha said and she smiled.
 
“Thanks Inuyasha, sorry about this… I'll see you later guys.” She kissed Miroku's cheek and waved at Inuyasha as she walked away.
 
“It's the perfect chance,” Miroku mumbled once his girlfriend was out of sight.
 
“What are you talking about? The perfect chance to kill Kouga? Look, I hate the guy but homicide is too much.” Miroku laughed and shook his head.
 
“Didn't you want to take Kagome out?” he nodded. “Then ask her out today,”
 
“Hell no! I'm still going out with Kikyo… I can't do this to Kagome. ” his friend rolled his eyes.
 
“Just break up with her,” Inuyasha sighed as he shook his head.
 
“I can't… it's our three month anniversary, how cruel is that?”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Classes ended really fast for Kagome, she didn't have her last class since her teacher was absent. Kagome took the bus to the hospital; she didn't want to go with her mother because she knew she will freak out. She got at the hospital and bought a dozen of flowers, asked the nurse were the room was and looked for the room; she finally found it and entered the room. When she first entered, she thought he was sleeping so she was going to leave the flowers she brought on a table but then she saw him move.
 
“Hey… how you doing?” Kagome said softly, placing her flowers on the table and looking at Kouga, he was laying on the bed.
 
“Kagome…” he said turning his head around, his couldn't move his body from his waist to his legs.
 
“I came to visit you,” she half whispered as she settled herself on a chair next to his bed.
 
“Thanks, I expected you first today though…” he half smiled.
 
“Someone came before me?” Kagome asked a bit surprised, he nodded.
 
“Miroku and Sango.”
 
“Oh,” she mumbled, she half smiled and reminded herself to thank Sango about that later.
 
“I'm very happy you came to see me Kagome, how was school today?” she shrugged her shoulders.
 
“It was okay, I guess… I don't want to ask this but are never going to walk again or…?” he laughed a little.
 
“This is temporally, the doctor said that I will be like this for three and a half months, he said that if I would have been hit harder I would have never walked again, actually know that I think it it's kind of funny.” he smiled at her and she sighed.
 
“It's nothing to laugh about Kouga, I think you are very lucky,” he nodded and then his smiled vanished.
 
“Kagome, can you make me a promise?” he asked and she nodded. “Promise me that you'll visit me every day.”
 
“Of course I will… you're my friend and I would be in here even if you had a very contagious disease that would kill us all.” they both smiled and Kagome gently grabbed his hand.
 
“Thanks Kagome,” he said.
 
“Sorry to interrupt you kids but visit's time is over” A nurse said on the frame of the door, Kagome nodded at her and kissed Kouga's forehead.
 
“I have to go… I'll see you tomorrow and that's a promise.” Kouga pulled her hand to his lips and planted a soft kiss, Kagome smiled and waved as she walked out of the room.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Time went by fast enough for Kagome not to notice, she and Inuyasha had become good friends and now, since Kouga wasn't around, they seemed to be spending more time together. December was just around the corner which meant that Sesshomaru would have another of his annual Christmas parties. Kagome had been invited during the last three years but she didn't want to go because she enjoyed more her slumber party with Sango, `I guess now I know the reason why I always got invited'. Kagome walked in silence to her home, she had been doing the same for the last months since her best friend wasn't there to join her. She heard someone call her name and when she turned around she found Inuyasha.
 
“Hey Kagome, how is the wo… Kouga?” Inuyasha asked as he matched her pace, Kagome smiled.
 
“He's fine, rehabilitation was good for him and now he's walking fine… he's out tomorrow.” Inuyasha nodded.
 
“That's great,” he cleared his throat and let out a deep breath. “I came here because I wanted to ask you if you want to go to my brother's party.”
 
“Sesshomaru's party? I'd love to but I don't know any of Sesshomaru's friends so I better not…” he rolled his eyes.
 
“C'mon… you know me,” he said and Kagome let out a giggle
 
“Fine, I guess I'll go…”
 
“Great, I'll see you there, bye.”
 
Inuyasha kept on looking at Kagome as he walked away, she was smiling and he almost fell on the street for watching her, she laughed and he turned around. Inuyasha smiled widely, the last three years he was such a coward that he used to send her an invitation by email, but not from his but from his brother's. He felt extremely relaxed, everyone he cared about was invited to the party but then he remembered what should have been more important than anything, his own girlfriend. Inuyasha tried to think of a good excuse as he made his way over there, `I know! I'll tell her that she doesn't need a reason to be invited since she's my girl… that's… what the…?' he thought as he saw Naraku outside her house with his girlfriend.
 
“Kikyo!” he said loudly to get her attention, she turned to look at him and rolled her eyes. “Can I talk to you? In private?”
 
“Sure honey… I'll be right back.” she said to Naraku and gave him a peck.
 
“Well you must have heard that Sess is throwing a party and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me.” she nodded.
 
“Is that it?” she asked and he felt his jealousy rising.
 
“I'm sorry; I didn't know that your conversation with Naraku was more important,” Kikyo giggled and kissed his lips.
 
“No silly, I mean that's all the school has been talking about lately… besides, I thought that since we are a couple I'm already invited. Don't get like that.” He sighed and smiled at her.
 
“So, I'll see you at my house?” she nodded.
 
“Sure, I'll just tell Naraku about your brother's party.” Kikyo was about to go when Inuyasha grabbed her hand and pulled her close to him.
 
“Yeah, about that…” Kikyo looked at him a bit confused. “My brother and Naraku don't like each other so… he's not and can't be invited.”
 
“But he's my friend,” Inuyasha nodded.
 
“I know, but its Sesshomaru's party… I just can't invite him.” Kikyo shrugged her shoulders.
 
“I understand… I'll see you at the party,” she kissed Inuyasha again and went back to Naraku.
 
Inuyasha looked at Kikyo and Naraku for a while, Naraku didn't take his eyes off of her not even for a second. Inuyasha immediately realized that he was seeking for more than a friendship with her. Naraku noticed Inuyasha's looks; he smiled at him for a second before kissing Kikyo's cheek and walking away. Inuyasha decided to go back home, it was useless for him to be jealous about Naraku when Kikyo loved him so much. He sighed heavily as he looked up at the sky; he felt someone tap his shoulder and rolled his eyes.
 
“Stop day dreaming about Kagome.” Miroku said as he softly punched Inuyasha on the arm, he s
 
“What?” Inuyasha asked and Miroku sighed annoyed.
 
“Did you invite her?”
 
“Yeah… I just hope she goes,” he sighed and Miroku grinned.
 
“I just hope she uses the same skirt she wore the time we followed her to the movies.” Inuyasha hit the back of his head.
 
“You fucking pervert, don't you ever talk like that about her.” Miroku looked at him surprised and shrugged.
 
“It was just a thought,” he whispered while Inuyasha still looked at him with anger. “Are you finally gonna break up with Kikyo tonight?”
 
“Yeah… tonight is the night, I'm gonna break up with her at the party… I'll make the first move with Kagome, nothing can be better.” Inuyasha smiled dreamily.
 
“How do you think she'll take it?” Miroku asked, he shrugged his shoulders.
 
“She might not even care, not when she has Naraku's shoulder to cry on.” Inuyasha grunted, his friend arched his brow.
 
“Do you think she likes him?” Miroku asked.
 
“Looks like it… I should go home; I have a few things to do before I go to the party,” Inuyasha said after a sad sigh.
 
Miroku patted his shoulder before walking away from him. Inuyasha was walking back to his home when he found Kagome walking in the same direction. He smiled and walked behind her.
 
“Hey,” he said, Kagome immediately turned around.
 
“Hi Inuyasha.” she responded as they walked together.
 
“Where are you going?” he asked curiously.
 
“I… I'm going to the hospital to visit Kouga,” He nodded apprehensively and she nodded sadly; Kagome decided to change from such a depressive subject. “So, you think the whole school is gonna be at your house tonight?”
 
“Not really, at least not Naraku and his relatives.” she sighed somehow relieved and smiled.
 
“Great… because for some reason Kagura hates me and I don't want to see her there and… well, Naraku sort of scares me,” Inuyasha chuckled.
 
“Well, you can sleep this night calmly because my brother hates Naraku and doesn't want him at his party,” she nodded and looked at her wrist; she noticed she didn't have a watch.
 
“Hey do you know what time is it?” he looked at the time.
 
“Yeah it's… 3.”
 
“Oh… I'm late! Visits end at 3:30, I should get going,” she got neat Inuyasha, kissed him on his left cheek and ran away. “I'll see you tonight!”
 
`Whoa! Was I dreaming or did she just kiss me?” Inuyasha thought amazed. `Whatever… so what if she kissed my cheek? Even my mother kisses my cheek and it means nothing… I shouldn't get all dreamy by a single kiss… Kikyo has also, Kikyo… I have to break up with her.' He thought the best way was to tell her straightly, without telling her stuff like `you are a wonderful person' or `I like you as a friend' or something like `is not you, it's me' he thought they were lame words used by players or just people without imagination. Once Inuyasha got home he noticed that Sesshomaru had arranged everything, as usual, and he left the hardest work for Inuyasha.
 
“Fuck no! I will not clean after the party is over, I rather been thrown off a building before cleaning the mess all those people will make!” Sesshomaru sighed.
 
“Even though that sounds like an astonishing idea, you have to clean because that's how we always do it… one of us arranges everything, the other one must clean.” Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
 
“I know! But you always beat me home because you have a car and I'm always stuck with the stupid cleaning the day after.” He crossed his arms like a little boy and Sesshomaru half smiled.
 
“Yeah… and by judging how unfair that sounds, it's fair to me… now you'll clean tomorrow morning.” Sesshomaru said as he walked up to his room, Inuyasha only grunted.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
Guests arrived late, as usual and instantly the party had begun. Music was loud but great, guests were annoying for Inuyasha but they were having fun and he was having a good time, the only thing missing was Kagome. Though, he wanted Kikyo to come first and then tell her that they were over, his heart only wanted for Kagome to arrive and spend time with him. Inuyasha waited patiently for the two girls to come, he was talking to some other people in the house when he felt someone patting his shoulder.
 
“Hey Miroku,” he said loudly, the music was very high and they could barely hear what they were saying. “Are you here with Sango?”
 
“No and I know that the only reason you ask is because you want your dear Kagome to be here.” Miroku faked some kissing noises and Inuyasha immediately covered his mouth.
 
“I told you not to say it!” he hissed, Miroku rolled his eyes and Inuyasha let his mouth go. “But yeah, she's coming… right?” Inuyasha asked curiously and his friend nodded.
 
“Yeah… later, when I talked to Sango she was just going to Kagome's house.” he answered . “So how did Kikyo take it?”
 
“I don't know because I haven't told her yet… and I haven't told her yet because she isn't here.” his friend nodded as he grabbed a drink from a near table.
 
“Are you really sure you'll break up with her? Because you said that a few months ago and you are still stuck with her.” Inuyasha sighed.
 
“I know what I said and I did it for the wrong reasons, this time I do want to break up with her but I'm just waiting for the right moment.” Miroku took a sip from his drink and rolled his eyes.
 
“You sound like a girl…” Inuyasha slightly punched his elbow and they both smiled. “Anyway, I'll leave you alone, I'll enjoy my free time before Sango arrives.” Inuyasha rolled his eyes at his friend when he saw him going next to a girl and flirting with her, he pulled him away from her.
 
“You know that if she finds out she will kick the crap out of you right?” he nodded.
 
“Sure, but if she doesn't finds out it won't be hurtful right?” Miroku said and continued with his business.
 
Inuyasha was alone again and then he went to the main door to wait for his girlfriend, when he saw her in, he wasn't that happy to see her.
 
“Ki…kyo” he said. “Naraku and Kagura, nice to see you here”