InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ telling the truth ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Interesting… so what are you going to do?” his bigger brother asked.
 
“I don't know Sess! What the hell could a loser like him do in our restaurant?” Inuyasha asked.
 
After talking to Kouga, Inuyasha went back to his house only to find Sesshomaru inside eating his food. After yelling at him for eating his food, Inuyasha asked him if he remembered Kouga; his older brother started remembering many things in their days in high school but finally realized that he was talking about the idiot that they used to bother. Inuyasha explained to him that he was their new employee's fiancé and that he was looking for a job. He also told him that he had lied to Kagome when he said he was a successful business man and that he couldn't refuse when he had begged him for work.
 
“We could make him a waiter” Inuyasha shook his head.
 
“A waiter?! He couldn't even carry a book, what makes you think he will be able to take plates to their tables?” Sesshomaru shrugged his shoulders.
 
“That's really not my problem Inuyasha, you can either tell Kagome her fiancé wants to work for us and hire him or not tell her and reject him… so what are you going to do?” he asked again and Inuyasha groaned annoyed.
 
“I don't know… I need to rest” he said and rubbed his temples, Sesshomaru was still on his kitchen devouring whatever was inside his fridge. “I said I need to rest”
 
“I heard you… go to your bed” he lost his patience.
 
“Get out of my apartment idiot!” Sesshomaru rolled his eyes; he grabbed all the food inside the refrigerator and walked out of his place.
 
He threw his keys over his couch and walked lazily over to his bed, there was no way in which he could tell Kagome about her fiancé. He knew she was so proud of him; hell… she would talk about him always if she had the chance. Inuyasha sighed, he was trapped between the sword and the wall, between making Kagome happy or making her sad. `How is it possible to care about her feelings when I have only met her for three days?! This is stupid… I must be very confused, stupid girl… why did she have to show up now?' he thought and sighed. `Why didn't she show up earlier?' Inuyasha turned on his TV and changed to his favorite channel, the cooking channel. He hasn't had a girlfriend in more than 3 years, every girl he dated would consider he was too obsessed with the food and he knew that they were right. After a few minutes of watching TV, he felt sleepy and turned it off. Inuyasha turned around constantly in his bed as he tried to sleep but all he could think about was about how much Kouga meant to Kagome. `The perfect girl for me… has already found her match' he sighed heavily once again before finally closing his eyes for the last time.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“It's time to get up” she heard him mumble and she pouted.
 
“No, I don't want you to leave” he sighed and hugged her.
 
“I'm going to be late for the office, let me go Kagome” Kouga said as he pulled away his arms from his girlfriend.
 
“5 more minutes, please honey… stay with me” Kagome begged her boyfriend; he laughed as he tried to get lose from her grasp.
 
“I'm sorry darling; I have to be in the office to give my boss the reports from Tokyo… you know how angry he gets when I don't follow his orders” she let him go and he kissed her lips. “I'll try to meet you for lunch… don't you leave me waiting like yesterday”
 
“It was an accident… stupid Inuyasha made me eat the salad I made because he did the same one” Kouga rolled his eyes.
 
“Kagome, you don't have a cell phone just because they are a fashion” she giggled and he kissed her again. “Alright… I'm taking a shower”
 
Kagome watched him till he closed the bathroom door, one of the main reasons she loved Kouga was because he liked to do things right or according to her, perfect. He liked to be at work at the time his boss asked, he was always there when Kagome asked him to be home and he was always dressed for special parties they had to attend. She knew that many girls envy her due to the perfect man she found. Kagome got a smile upon her lips as she thought about him; she looked at her engagement ring. A sliver white ring with a pearl on top of it. `It resembles Inuyasha's hair' she thought and erased the smile on her face; she wouldn't let that happen to her.
 
“I'll be gone in a few minutes… I'll miss you” she heard her boyfriend say from the bathroom, she smiled and sighed.
 
“I'll make you coffee so you can drink it on the way, okay?” she heard him mumble something she thought it was a `yes' and walked to the kitchen.
 
She started boiling some water and as she waited for the water to warm up, she got out Kouga's thermos and the instant coffee. She could help to keep looking at her ring and thinking that her ring was exactly like Inuyasha's hair color. `You're getting married in like 2 month and here you are thinking about your stupid, annoying boss… what the hell is wrong with you?!' Kagome sighed and shook her head; it was a question that not even she had an answer for. As a result of focusing too much on her thoughts, Kagome grabbed the pot from the wrong part and burned her hand. She looked at it red and puffy; she cursed herself for not being more cautious and after grabbing her kitchen gloves to pour the water inside of the thermos. She went to the bathroom and got some ointment on her hand.
 
“What happened to your hand?” Kouga asked as he looked at it, she shook her head.
 
“I just burned… nothing serious though” he kissed her hand gently.
 
“Did that help?” she smiled and nodded.
 
“I feel better now” he went to the kitchen and once he poured some of the coffee inside the container, he shook it a few times. “Don't you want sugar?”
 
“No time for that… bye babe” he kissed her deeply and just when Kagome was starting to enjoy it, he pulled apart. “We'll continue when I come back”
 
“I can't wait” she smiled and he bit his bottom lip before walking out of their apartment.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“You missed me, didn't you Yash?” Yura asked as she got her arms around his neck, he pushed them away instantly.
 
“For the thousand time; no, I didn't so stop bothering me and go with your real boyfriend… I'm sure he did miss you” Yura looked back at Hojo who just entered through the kitchen door.
 
“Hey, I called you… were have you been?” he asked her and she rolled her eyes as she got her apron on.
 
“Away… sorry” she said and he kissed her cheek.
 
“I can tell the love between you two” Inuyasha said and Hojo shot him a glare. “Easy dense boy, you don't want to get fired now, do you?”
 
Hojo looked at him furious but just went to grab his apron and got water on a pot. Inuyasha heard the door opening again and saw Sango and Miroku walking in together, Sango immediately let Miroku's hand go when she saw Inuyasha's eyes on them.
 
“Oh, how cute” Inuyasha said and Sango scoffed.
 
“There's nothing cute in a man who grabs my ass” she said and went to grab her apron. “So… what's today special?”
 
“I got this recipe a few days before and I want you to do it perfectly” he got out a piece of paper from his pocket. “Alright, I'll leave you Melons and dense boy in charge of it… read the ingredients and try not to miss one, every single part of this recipe is essential for it's unique flavor”
 
“Good morning everyone” he heard Kagome say and immediately got her apron.
 
“Perverted asshole, AMP… you two get to cook soups today, start with…” he looked at one of the orders. “Tomato soup and now, you…”
 
“What?” Kagome asked as she waited for him to give her orders, he looked at her hand and grabbed it.
 
“What happened?” she shook her head and tried to get her hand away from him but he held it tighter.
 
“It's nothing” he looked at her worried.
 
“Nothing? You have almost your whole hand red… come here” Inuyasha pulled her to a closet, he got out some ointment and a bandage. He covered her hand with the ointment and after rubbing it on her hand for a few seconds; he covered her hand with the bandage. “Feel better now?”
 
“Yeah” he smiled and cleared his throat, realizing how close she was.
 
“Well, now that I have helped you… I would like you to give me back the favor” Kagome nodded.
 
Inuyasha started cooking and Kagome helped him with small things like pealing carrots or other vegetables. She was very impressed when she looked at him cook, his ability to cut at a very fast speed without even cutting himself left her with her mouth open. He prepared two or three dishes at the same time and not once did have trouble managing the three pans he had on the grill. Inuyasha asked her for an onion and it was Kagome's least thing to cut, she cut it and tried not to get that horrible smell in her nose or to get the intensity on her eyes but she failed, she started letting tears fall down her eyes and Inuyasha looked at her. Inuyasha cleaned her tears gently.
 
“I need this now” he said moving her apart and grabbing the knife, Kagome saw him cut it slowly and not let a tear fall once.
 
“How do you do it?” she asked curiously and he got the onion to the pan.
 
“What?” he asked as he moved towards the next plate. “I need green and yellow pepper”
 
“How can you cut onions and not cry?” she asked as she cut the two peppers in half, the first half she started cutting and the second half she got it back to the fridge for later.
 
“I love onions” he admitted and grabbed the peppers.
 
Kagome kept on following his orders, for today since she thought he had been so sweet by helping her heal her hand. She looked over at the others cook, Sango and Miroku helped each other out. They both cooked and cut, unlike what she was doing with Inuyasha. She looked over at Yura and Hojo; she noticed they were doing something Italian. She kept watching them as they prepared the sauce, milk cream, tomato sauce and onion she knew that recipe was hers. Kagome walked towards them and looked at her dish.
 
“This is my creation!” she said and Yura shrugged her shoulders.
 
“Inuyasha told us to prepare this, go yell at him” she walked next to him with her plate on her hands and tapped his shoulder.
 
“What's this?” she asked and he turned around to look at it.
 
“A lasagna?” she rolled her eyes.
 
“Why did you copy my recipe?” he arched his brow.
 
“I'm sorry; I didn't know you had the rights of lasagna… I'll pay for everything” she slapped him.
 
“Next time you plan on taking one of my dishes; you better ask me first” Kagome took off her apron and walked out of the restaurant.
 
Inuyasha didn't even move, he could still feel her hand against his cheek. Just as amazed as he was were his coworkers who looked at him shocked. Finally, when Inuyasha came back to his senses, he looked at everyone and they pretended nothing was wrong. He took a deep breath and walked out of the restaurant to find her sitting on the stairs of the back door. He sat next to her and she looked at him furious.
 
“I'll ask you next time” he mumbled and she rubbed her temples.
 
“I shouldn't have slapped you… I just…”
 
“Don't apologize, I should have asked you… it's your recipe after all” she sighed.
 
“You're not going to fire me, are you?” he chuckled.
 
“I'm thinking about it” she hit him softly on his shoulder. “No, I won't… but you know what I have done if it was anyone else?”
 
“What?” she asked curious and he whispered on her ear.
 
“He or she would be dead by now” she giggled and he smiled. “Get back to work”
 
“Right…” Kagome caressed his cheek. “I'm really sorry about hitting you so hard”
 
“Never mind, it hurts just a bit” she kissed his cheek.
 
“How about now?” she got her cheeks pink and he tried to hide his smile.
 
“I'm feeling much better now” she giggled again before going back to the kitchen.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Night arrived and it was time for live entertainment, Rin had her nice little outfit. A bright red dress with matching bronze high heels, her make up was of lighter colors and her hair was tied up with two flocks of her hair going down her face. She was finishing her last make up touches when she heard someone knock on the door, Rin got her lipstick on as fast as she could and went to open the door. Sesshomaru was there and looked at her amazed, she smiled a little and he shook his head before clearing his throat.
 
“You look nice” he said and she smiled bigger.
 
“Thanks… you're not here because I'm taking too long, right?” he shook his head again.
 
“No, I just wanted to ask you out… again and then to get rejected by you, again” she sighed.
 
“Listen, it's not that I don't like you… you're very handsome it's just that…” he held his hand up to her face.
 
“Don't worry; I don't want to hear your excuses… I'm just going to give up” he walked out of his own office and Rin closed her eyes, she couldn't believe she had let him slip from her own hands.
 
Rin tried to forget about that for a while; after all she had to sing right now. She sat for a while on his desk and noticed a picture of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha; she thought it might have been when they first opened the restaurant since it had different colors from the ones they had actually. A small smile formed on her lips as she saw Sesshomaru smile so widely. `Is it me or all of the sudden I feel I love him?' she asked herself and sighed. Rin walked out of the office and went up the small stage made up just for her; she grabbed the microphone.
 
“Hey everyone, I hope you are enjoying your dinner and I'll be singing you something… this is called `Game of Love' by Michelle Branch so… enjoy” she waited till the music started playing and let her fantastic voice out.
 
Tell me
Just what you want me to be,
One kiss
And boom you're the only one for me.
So please tell me why
Don't you come around no more?
'Cause right now I'm cryin'
Outside the door
Of the candy store
 
Rin saw Sesshomaru sitting on a table right in front of her; she did her best to keep her voice calm and appear as if nothing was wrong. Rin occasionally looked back at him who didn't seem to care about anything else that wasn't her. She looked at the other people in the restaurant, she blushed a little as she could feel Sesshomaru's gaze still on her, she pretended she didn't mind it and kept on singing.
 
It just takes a little bit of this, a little bit of that
It started with a kiss now we're up to bat
A little bit of laughs, a little bit of pain
I'm tellin' you my babe, its all in the game of love--
 
--Is
Whatever you make it to be
Sunshine
Instead of this cold, lonely sea
So please gimme a try
And you'll see for what I'm good for
It ain't sayin' goodbye
Its knockin' down the door
Of your candy store
 
As she repeated the chorus, she could feel Sesshomaru's eyes on hers; she tried not to look at him but it was inevitable. She found his amber eyes and she got locked with them, as much as she wanted to keep looking somewhere else, her eyes could not leave his.
 
You roll me, control me, console me
Please hold me!
You guide me; divide me into one--yeah!
 
So please tell me why
Don't you come around no more?
'Cause right now I'm dyin'
Outside the door
Of your lovin' store
 
It's all in this game of love, its all in the game of love.
 
People in the restaurant clapped as the song died, she blushed a little before getting off the stage and running to Sesshomaru's office. She felt her heart beat faster than ever and then she heard someone knock the door. It was him and he came in with a smile upon his lips. Rin tried not to blush and sat on his desk as he kept on looking at her.
 
“You were great” he said.
 
“Thanks… I wasn't going to sing that song, I just… felt like it” he nodded and sat next to her.
 
“And why is that?” she shrugged her shoulders.
 
“I don't know… I was thinking about you and that song just popped into my head” he smiled and looked away.
 
“So… will you give me a chance?” he asked when he turned back to look at her.
 
“You always had a chance with me, so… where are you taking me tonight?” he smiled.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“No, you don't have to cut it that fast… do it slowly, it helps the smell to come out slowly and you don't practically notice it” she nodded and listened to him.
 
Kagome wanted to know his secret, she hated those things and she couldn't understand how he could love them. She had practically begged him to teach her his secret to never cry around them. Inuyasha had no secret, he didn't know why he had always thought that it was because he spent too much time around them, but Kagome didn't know he was lying to her so it was a win-win situation. Kagome wept and tried to listen to his advices but none of them were very useful. When she finally got tired of cutting onions, she put the knife away and pushed the onions far away from her.
 
“I can't believe you love this” she said as she cleaned away her tears. “And I can't believe how you don't cry around them”
 
“You have to learn” he ate a few pieces of the chopped onion. “I love onions; to me… they are one of the most amazing vegetables that exist”
 
“And why is that?” he shrugged his shoulders.
 
“I don't know, maybe because whenever you do a dish with them… it never has the same flavor, onion soup doesn't taste like meat with onions… onion rings don't taste like onion salad… and they make a hell of a dressing, very delicious” she sighed.
 
“I'll never understand you” she mumbled.
 
“So you want to understand me, you feel the necessity of knowing me better” she scoffed.
 
“Yes, I do… but only because you are my boss and I don't want to screw things up always…” he nodded. “And because my fiancé told me that if I knew you better I wouldn't hate you that much…”
 
“Kouga… Kouga said?” he asked amazed and she nodded.
 
“It's unbelievable what you can learn for ma successful business man” he sighed.
 
“Kagome… there's something I want to tell you, about Kouga” she arched her brow.
 
“What?” she asked confused and he sighed.
 
`Do it moron!!! Tell her he is lying to her and that he is living from his grandfather's money!!! You have to tell her!!!' his inside yelled and he took a deep breath.
 
“Kouga… isn't really what you think” he looked at him more confused than ever.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“He asked me if he could work here because he told me that every time he goes to Japan is to ask for his grandfather money and that the entire time he has been lying to you” Kagome looked at him sad.
 
“Why…?”
 
“I don't know I just…”
 
“Why would you make up such a horrible lie?” he looked at her surprised.
 
“It's the truth! He told me it himself” she shook her head.
 
“I've been with Kouga to Japan and to his meetings, he was named in a magazine last year as one of the most important business men in the country… why did you do this?”
 
“But…” she looked at him furious.
 
“I can't believe you wanted me to break up with my fiancé, specially making up such a stupid lie like that one… I'm leaving” she saw her grab her purse.
 
“Kagome wait!” he heard the main door slam and sighed.
 
`Great… just when I thought I was making things right, it turns out to be the opposite… nice going, trying to get the girl and I just scare her away' he thought, he threw to the wall the onions and let out a furious groan.
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: it's been like a week since I updated… sorry about that, anyways I wanted you to know that I posted a new story, yeah… I haven't even finished one and I'm posting another but this is different since it's already written but has to go through revision… anyway, it's called `the two sides of a man' and it's about this priestess who grants anyone a wish but it's what his heart desires the most… so read my new story and review please!!! =)