InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ surprise ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

If there was something she would regret for the rest of her life, it was that moment. Kagome wanted to get back in time and not get inside her room at that exact instant. Kouga sighed heavily as he saw her sitting on the edge of the bed, Kagome just wanted to kill herself at that moment. Before her eyes there lay an image she would have liked to save for later and not at that exact moment, in which she had just ruin it.
 
“I didn't want you to see this… at least not yet.” Kouga said before helping her get up from the bed. “It was supposed to be a surprise.”
 
Kagome saw the tons of rose petals on top of her bed along with the thousands flower bouquets gathered around her room forming the perfect environment for a romantic couple. On her window there was a big graffiti that spelled `I love you', made on pieces of paper with some pictures of them together. Kouga half smiled before bringing her to his arms and softly kissing her cheek.
 
“I'm such an idiot.” She mumbled and let out a few giggles. “I thought…”
 
“I don't need to hear it Kagome, I love you with all my heart and I just wanted to make it up to you for all those times I left you behind…” Kagome smiled and hugged him tighter. “I can't wait to marry you Kagome; I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”
 
“It's just that… this could have been the most romantic and perfect moment I could have witnessed and I just ruin it.” Kouga laughed and pulled away from her arms.
 
“I'll try to make more of these, I promise.” Kagome smiled widely and kissed him lovingly.
 
“Gosh Kouga, I wouldn't know what I would be doing if I hadn't met you.” She mumbled once they pulled apart, he smiled proudly.
 
“Me neither babe.” Kouga whispered against her ear before grabbing her and throwing themselves on the bed, Kagome smiled and kissed him.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
The next morning the restaurant opened as usual, chefs were already there waiting for the exact time in which people would come inside. Inuyasha, on the other hand, was late as he had been several times before but not because he had over slept due to trying out a new recipe but because Kikyo had stayed at his apartment with him to watch movies. She had left the next morning early and he woke up at noon, the hour in which he was supposed to be working. Inuyasha ran to his shower and brushed his teeth while he tried to apply shampoo on his long silvery hair, he once messed up and placed shampoo on his mouth but immediately washed it up with some warm water; Inuyasha got out of the shower and went to his drawers to get on his clothes. He ran out of his apartment in a rush and soon entered his car just to realize he was still in his boxers, Inuyasha cursed himself and went back upstairs to dress completely. He checked his watch once he arrived at his restaurant to realize he was one hour and a half late. Inuyasha got out of his car when suddenly a black car appeared and a huge guy got out, he pushed Inuyasha inside and he saw Kagura there.
 
“What the fu…? Kagura! What do you think you're doing?” Inuyasha asked before she yawned.
 
“Remember what I told you about destroying you if my review wasn't a pleasant one? Well, I thought I should take that seriously.” She said as she took her scarlet eyes toward his golden ones.
 
“Right… and what are you planning to do? Slice my throat and throw me to the river?” Inuyasha laughed and the man beside him eyed him with a malicious smile and Inuyasha stopped laughing. “That's not going to happen… right?”
 
“Unfortunately no… but here is something that will happen, see this?” Kagura said as she showed Inuyasha a piece of paper, Inuyasha snatched it and looked at her dazed.
 
“This… this is… this is my restaurant's rent.” He said and Kagura nodded pleased.
 
“I'm glad you had learned how to read, I asked a friend to find it for me… between your brother's things. If you need someone to explain it to you I'll be happy to tell you, this is the rent your brother hasn't paid since he divorced me… you owe about 1.7 million dollars and that's not it, he hasn't been paying taxes either and all this together means that you two are about to get your asses in jail… unless…”
 
“Unless what?” Inuyasha snapped furiously.
 
“Unless you make your girlfriend write a positive review about my place, I'll pay for everything Inuyasha… just do me that favor.” She winked at him and the door swung open. “Will you?”
 
“I'll think about it.” he answered furiously and sighed annoyed.
 
Inuyasha was thrown out of the car right after he could whisper the last word. He stood up and found himself in front of his restaurant, he sighed heavily before cleaning his clothes and walking inside. Inuyasha quickly went to the kitchen before Sesshomaru could see him; he got his apron on and pushed the door open before searching for his older brother.
 
“I'm not dumb; I know you just got here.” Sesshomaru said once Inuyasha entered his office.
 
“I know that, I'm sorry it's just that…”
 
“I don't want to hear about how your life is perfect and mine is just falling apart, go back to the kitchen and start working.” Sesshomaru said before rubbing his eyes, Inuyasha looked at his brother with curiosity.
 
“Are you okay?” he asked and Sesshomaru shook his head.
 
“I wasn't able to sleep that much last night, I had many things to think about.” Inuyasha nodded not convinced completely.
 
“Sess, if there were something wrong with the restaurant… you would let me know, right?” Sesshomaru arched his brow and immediately nodded.
 
“Of course but before I can tell you anything you should start working… now go.” Inuyasha rolled his eyes and walked out of the kitchen.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Rin finally gathered the courage to enter the restaurant, her performance was always at 20 but she liked to be there half an hour early to be with Sesshomaru for a while but since their little fight she hasn't had enough bravery to face him. She had come early before she remembered what had happened between them, she stood out there for ten minutes deciding whether she should pretend nothing happened or if she should act offended. Rin was never good in forgetting stuff and she was sure she could not ignore Sesshomaru because that would just earn her a bigger title of how “immature” she was. Finally, she thought that she should talk to Sesshomaru but she could still prove him that she was angry at him for picking his ex wife before her. Rin walked inside the restaurant and waved friendly at Sesshomaru who was surprised by her gesture. She got inside the bathroom and changed her clothes; Rin was getting her lipstick on when she saw Sesshomaru coming inside.
 
“This is the ladies room.” Rin reminded him as she kept on putting her make up.
 
“I know… I…” he sighed and scratched the back of his head lazily. “This is a bit hard for me… I wanted to apologize, you're right.” Rin slowly let her lipstick inside her make up bag and turned to look at him.
 
“I'm right about what?” she asked, wanting him to admit his mistakes. Sesshomaru rolled his eyes and sighed once again.
 
“I'm the one who's being childish and I'm sorry about that, I really am.” He let out with sincerity; Rin let a small smile curve her lips before walking towards him and kissing his lips softly.
 
Rin walked out the ladies room followed shortly by Sesshomaru; he ran inside the kitchen and found everyone as he would have liked to see them always, working. Inuyasha looked at his older brother amazed by the look on his eyes; he smiled widely and stopped cooking before walking next to his brother.
 
“So you finally apologized to Rin?” Sesshomaru looked at him surprised and chuckled a bit nervous.
 
“What did she tell you?” he hissed and Inuyasha laughed.
 
“Nothing, it's just that the look on your face this morning was very different from the one now… I just thought it was that girl, she's a real miracle maker if she can make you smile.” Inuyasha patted his back softly and went back to work.
 
“Um… Sess?” Miroku said before he walked out of the kitchen, Sesshomaru turned to look back at him.
 
“What is it Miroku?”
 
“I was wondering if I could take 2 hours free, my girlfriend is coming tonight and I would like to spend some time with her.” Sesshomaru nodded and smiled for a millisecond. “Thank you so much.”
 
“So… who's the lucky girl?” Hojo asked as he elbowed him playfully, Miroku chuckled a bit embarrassed.
 
“A girl I met a few weeks ago… I started dating her just few days ago.” Sango looked at Kagome; she walked towards her and pulled her by the arm towards the closet.
 
“I can't do it… I thought it wouldn't last.” Sango admitted as she breathed heavily, Kagome grabbed her by the shoulders.
 
“Calm down Sango, Miroku is trying to move on and he invited her to make you jealous.” Kagome said relaxed and Sango looked at her confused.
 
“And what am I supposed to do? Just smile and make them a nice dinner?” she asked and Kagome shook her head with a smile.
 
“Girls hate indifference and men are driven crazy by jealousy… if he's playing the game backwards, you should too.” Sango looked at her even more confused.
 
“And what the hell does that mean?” Kagome giggled a little.
 
“Just pretend you don't even care.” Sango pressed her back against the wall.
 
“This is going to be hard.” Kagome smiled a little and Sango took a deep breath. “Thanks though, you have been such a…”
 
“What's that smell?” Kagome asked and Sango sniffed the air.
 
“Who is the fucker that let their meat burn? He or she better face me because I'll shove it down her or his throat!” Inuyasha yelled furiously, Kagome and Sango looked at each other scared but soon laughed before walking out of the closet.
 
Inuyasha gave a killer look at the ladies, Kagome and Sango simply kept laughing as they cleaned their respective pans and started over with their meals. Inuyasha let a soft smile slip his lips as he saw that now they didn't hate each other anymore. `Kagome means a lot to me and so does Sango… I never wanted them to hate each other, I'm glad they had finally settled their differences.' Inuyasha thought very shaking his head lightly and walking towards Miroku, Inuyasha spied over his shoulder to make sure Miroku was making a nice job with the broccoli soufflé. Miroku got nervous and stopped to look at him.
 
“What?” he asked annoyed as he dropped the bowl on the table, Inuyasha shook his head.
 
“Nothing, I'm just doing my job and making sure you are doing yours properly.” Inuyasha commented before patting his shoulder and walking away, Miroku followed him.
 
“No, I'm sure there is something you want to tell me.” Miroku dared him and Inuyasha chuckled.
 
“Nope but if you feel the necessity of listening to my glorious voice… alright, I'll say one thing without right of asking questions. What do you think you're doing?” Miroku stared at him speechless, knowing exactly what he was talking about. Inuyasha half smiled and walked away.
 
Miroku shook his head dismissing the ideas that Inuyasha had brought to his mind with that little remark. `Sango wants Inuyasha not me, I'm just… I was an idiot to get involved with her even when I knew she didn't love me.' Miroku sighed heavily before taking off his apron and walking out the kitchen; he immediately spotted Yuka and forced a smile upon his lips before kissing her lovingly on her cheek. Somehow, he was hoping Sango was spying on him at the kitchen's window.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
It was late and everyone was gone now, Sesshomaru had left early with Rin to take her out and make it up for that horrible night they had spent together. Miroku took Yuka out although it was late and she had begged him to let her sleep since she was leaving to Japan the next day for a trip of 2 weeks. Yura left quickly claiming she had something very important to do and Hojo followed her as usual. Kagome wanted to run out of the place but she thought she should do something for the restaurant she was working for; Kagome had been taking to many free days and didn't feel it was fair for all her coworkers. Inuyasha was there too since he didn't want to talk to Kikyo, he needed to think about what Kagura had told him and for him there was no other way than to be alone. It had been 5 agonizing hours since all their coworkers left and they were still cleaning, or better say she was. Kagome was washing the pots and Inuyasha was laying down on the kitchen table watching how she was cleaning.
 
“You missed a spot.” He said and Kagome turned to look at him incredulous. “Really, take a look and you'll see.”
 
“I think I would be able to clean this place faster if just there was someone else to help me in here.” Kagome said and Inuyasha nodded.
 
“Too bad we are alone here.” Kagome looked at him furious and he laughed. “I love it when you're angry, I'll help.”
 
“Thanks.” Kagome mumbled turning around and hoping her red tainted cheeks would change their color. “So why are you here when you can be with your marvelous girlfriend?”
 
“Believe it or not I needed to think… and when I'm around her I…”
 
“You look like an idiot around her.” Kagome finished and Inuyasha looked at her surprised.
 
“I was going to say I can't concentrate but thanks for the compliment.” Kagome giggled a little and opened the faucet to wet a piece of table cloth and clean the kitchen tables. “And why are you here? Kouga said he just had to jump off a cliff?”
 
“No.” Kagome answered a bit annoyed. “I thought that maybe I could stay some extra hours for taking so many free ones.”
 
“It had nothing to do with Mr. Perfect, huh?” Inuyasha asked interested and Kagome rolled her eyes before sighing.
 
“Why are you so eager about him making me miserable?” She asked with the same interest he showed, Inuyasha slightly shook his head as he took the dirty table cloth from her hands before tossing it to the kitchen sink.
 
“I'm not cheering for your relationship to break down… you could say that I'm… I'm jealous.” He admitted and walked away towards the closet. Kagome followed him closely, not believing what her ears had just heard.
 
“Excuse me?” she said with some nervous giggles accompanying her question, Inuyasha sighed frustrated and turned to look at her.
 
“You heard me Kagome, even though I'm trying to move on… I just can't help to feel this way towards you, I wish there was some way I could just push Kouga out of the picture and have you with me.” Inuyasha let out sincerely, Kagome sighed heavily and took her eyes off of him.
 
“I think I should go now… everything is cleaned and it's getting colder, good night.” Inuyasha watched her as she walked towards the door just to find it blocked by huge mountain of snow.
 
“What the…”
 
“What happened?” Kagome said and ran towards the front entrance; she looked at the windows which were just like the front door. Kagome sighed frustrated and dropped to her knees. “I'll die in here… I'm never going to get married.”
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I know… it has taken me a LONG time, between my usual problems add science fair and my horrible cold that has now been tormenting me. I hate freaking global warming! Okay, so I updated finally so that may have left some kindness in your heart to forgive me for the delay and I can't promise anything but I may update this weekend, I'll try though. Review please! =)