InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ getting even ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Forget it; I rather turn our restaurant into gigantic bathrooms than to sell it to Kagura… I won't Sess; I don't know why you even considered that possibility.” Sesshomaru sighed heavily before sitting on the couch.
 
“The way things are going it would be better for us to take care of our father's company again and maybe we could open the restaurant later on…” Inuyasha shook his head.
 
“And what? Work as your secretary for about 5 years and then start again? No, you're crazy… listen, I have an idea… how about we fire some of our staff?” Sesshomaru chucked.
 
“And what do you think I did? I let Hojo and Yura go because they weren't necessary… Kagome covers for both of them.” Inuyasha half smiled at the thought of his gorgeous coworker before replacing it with a frown.
 
“So, what are we going to do now?” Sesshomaru thought about it for a second and smiled.
 
“We have to get people inside our restaurant with new and innovative ways of cooking… and I know just the way.” Sesshomaru smiled mischievously and Inuyasha arched his brow a bit scared.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Inuyasha watched amused as several people came inside his restaurant carrying grills, Sesshomaru's idea was to let the chefs cook just as their clients waited for their meals sitting comfortably in front of them. Inuyasha had only agreed since he was desperate and because his brother wasn't planning on letting him rest until he said yes, the youngest brother was dragged by Sesshomaru to the restaurant and told him to wait for him there. More than 5 hours later Sesshomaru returned with his weird idea to save the restaurant. Inuyasha finally saw the people walk out and Sesshomaru thanking them for their help.
 
“So we are supposed to be broke but you bought this weird thing?” Inuyasha asked as he tapped the grill.
 
“I sold my furniture, I wasn't going to use them any way and I think that I should sleep on your couch until we get back on our feet.” Sesshomaru said and smiled proudly, “What do you think? Do you think now that this is a good idea?”
 
“Not really…” Sesshomaru looked at him annoyed and Inuyasha sighed. “But I guess we could give it a try.”
 
“That's the spirit… now I think we should do this every night along with Rin's lovely music, it should be the perfect environment.” Sesshomaru said looking around; the siblings heard the door open and looked back to see a very surprised Kagome.
 
“Wow.” Kagome uttered when she walked inside, Inuyasha sat on the grill and chuckled.
 
“Inuyasha, make sure that when your other coworkers arrive you will explain them what this surprise is about… I'll be in my office.”
 
Kagome felt air lacking, since she went home and tried to sleep the only thing roaming in her mind was Inuyasha and his breathtaking kiss. And now, there she saw him with his beautiful white silvery locks on over his muscular chest and wearing a smile that was directed to her. `Why is this happening to me? I can't and I won't allow myself to fall for him… I'm step away from marrying!' She panicked trying to catch the air that she needed, Inuyasha arched his brow and walked towards her; he grabbed her by the shoulder lightly.
 
“Are you okay Kagome? You look sort of pale.” He said concerned, Kagome pulled backwards and walked away from him.
 
“I'm fine, just don't touch me please.” She said and turned around with her whole face red out of embarrassment, Kagome immediately directed herself to the kitchen.
 
“What's up with her?” Inuyasha asked himself aloud and heard the main door slam, there he saw his other coworker who was very angry. “And what's up with you?”
 
“Nothing… can't a person just be angry because?” Miroku asked yelling and Inuyasha backed off.
 
“I didn't know you were on period.” Inuyasha mumbled and Miroku sighed heavily.
 
“Shut the fuck up for once okay!” Miroku yelled at him and Inuyasha's eyeballs were about to pop out of his head, no one had ever dared to talk to him like that. Suddenly Miroku plastered his hands on his face and let out a scream. “I'm really sorry Inuyasha, please don't fire me.”
 
“What the hell is your problem?” Inuyasha let out furiously, Miroku looked up at him with some water on his eyes.
 
“I screwed everything up; she's already dating someone else… I was an idiot to think she would care and wait for me to realize my mistake.” Miroku said at the edge of crying.
 
“Are we talking about Sango?” Inuyasha suddenly asked and Miroku looked at him as if he was strange.
 
“Well, why else would I be crying like a little girl?” Miroku yelled and heard the door open, Sango walked in and smiled at the boys.
 
“Good day, isn't it? Inuyasha, do you know if Kagome is already here?” Inuyasha nodded as he glanced at Miroku who was busy cleaning his eyes. “Great, I'll go get changed.”
 
Inuyasha and Miroku stared at Sango as she walked inside the kitchen, first she hated Kagome to death and now they were acting as if they were best friends. Miroku started weeping again and Inuyasha glared at him hopelessly, a grown up man crying like a child who got stolen his candy just made his insides twist. Inuyasha couldn't hold it anymore, it wasn't for any man nor woman to cry like this for someone else. He suddenly slapped Miroku's face and grabbed him by the shirt to make him look at him.
 
“You like Sango?” Miroku nodded and ceased his cries. “Then why don't you just say you're sorry and tell Sango you want her back? Act like a man you idiot!”
 
“Of course everything is so easy when you say it, she's… she's dating someone else and I didn't care too much until I saw this picture on this magazine.”
 
Miroku threw in front of Inuyasha a magazine he had been carrying under his jacket, Inuyasha arched his brow before opening it and looking around until he saw a picture of Sango and a man. He read the foot note aloud.
 
Well known chef of stars (and very handsome too!) Hiten Himura is seen to be dating a very young girl and unknown to the media. Let's cross our fingers for Hiten to stay single! Who is this guy? And how did Sango meet him?” Inuyasha asked looking at the picture curiously; Miroku soon snatched it away from him.
 
“Just look at them! They seem to want to eat each other up… do you think she likes him?” Miroku asked and Inuyasha thought up a little.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“I really like him, Kagome…” Sango said showing her the same picture Miroku had shown Inuyasha. Kagome stared at it surprised. “It's just that… there are two things I care about this relationship with him.”
 
As soon as Sango stepped into the kitchen she had been talking about her date last night which had been completely perfect except for the fact that a free bottle of champagne had ruined her chance to feel Hiten's lips against hers. Even though Sango had only had one date with him, she already knew that things might get serious between her and Hiten. Sango needed a good advice and since all her friends were males and the only girl she started trusting was Kagome, she thought that maybe it would be a good idea to tell her about what was going on in her personal life.
 
“He's cute, he's rich, famous and from all the things you have told me; a complete gentleman… what else could you ask for?” Kagome asked glaring at Sango, who was busy nibbling her bottom lip.
 
“How about having my life not being part of the media? I mean, I have enough looking at my brother's half naked pictures on every billboard I find on my way… now I have to look at myself on magazines too?”
 
“You can easily stop buying magazines and change to other kind of stuff… so what's the second part?” Kagome asked anxiously, Sango sighed and walked towards the kitchen's door and stared out the window for a moment before looking back at Kagome.
 
“I still love Miroku.” Sango let out and Kagome eyed her dazed.
 
“Are you serious?” Kagome asked and Sango pressed her back against the wall before slowing sitting down on the floor.
 
“I know! It's completely insane that I'm dating Hiten and that I love Miroku but… if you only saw the way he was with your friend, that Yuka girl… he seemed to be in love with her and I just can't ruin that for him. I already ruined my chance with him and I doubt he will take me back… haven't you ever being with someone even though you're in love with someone else?”
 
“Um…” Kagome uttered and Sango rolled her eyes.
 
“Of course you haven't, you're about to marry a wonderful and handsome man… how could I ask you such a stupid question?” Kagome shook her head and helped Sango stand up.
 
“Everyone has felt that way at least once and I think that it is completely normal, don't worry Sango… things will work out eventually.” Sango took a deep breath and saw the door fling and Miroku along with Inuyasha.
 
“Weren't you two ladies supposed to be ready?” Kagome and Sango stared at each other before Inuyasha chuckled. “Never mind, listen up everybody… Sesshomaru bought these new grills that are installed in the restaurant so at night we will be showing our costumers how we prepare their plates. At day, we will cook just as we have done always… with this we hope to get back on top and try to stay there, clear?” Everyone nodded at each other.
 
“I have a question…” Kagome said and Inuyasha stared at her waiting for her to say something. “Um, well… if we are supposed to cook for them in their tables, why are there only 2 grills and we are four chefs?” Inuyasha chuckled.
 
“Because we are going to work in pairs… as usual.” Kagome swallowed hard.
 
“You mean, pair me up with you and Sango with Miroku?” Kagome asked, Sango glanced at Miroku for a second before she looked back at Kagome. Inuyasha shrugged his shoulders.
 
“Whatever you like… I don't mind it; do you two have any problem with that?” Inuyasha asked Sango and Miroku who quickly shook their heads. “Great… do you have a problem with that Kagome?”
 
“I guess not.” She mumbled before gathering her hair and pulling it up in a pony tail like she always did, she walked towards the small window between the kitchen and the restaurant and grabbed the first order. “I believe it's time for us to work.”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
At night, there was a long line to ingress inside of Shikon cooking which was driving Sesshomaru mad of joy. Inuyasha and Kagome were going to work together just like Sango and Miroku, tables were full and people were waiting for them to show up and cook for them. Inuyasha was at the kitchen gathering all the ingredients necessary for him and his coworkers to cook. Sango was busy washing her hands, she didn't want people to find her hands dirty and screw up everything for her boss and her friends. Miroku was outside having a cigarette, he didn't really smoke but he needed something to help him release his stress. Kagome was sitting on a toilet inside the bathroom; she was too nervous to act like a compulsive cleaner and was too disgusted like to start smoking. `The only people I ever cooked in front of were Inuyasha, Kouga and my parents… I can't do it with so many costumers waiting for me to do everything perfect. What if I drop one of my ingredients? Or what if I burn with the grill and they start laughing? Oh my god… what if I accidentally crash against Inuyasha he fall against the grill, burns his chest, his t-shirt starts to catch fire and then the whole restaurant burns and we all die? I can't deal with pressure.' She thought as she tried to gather some air in her lungs, she quickly got out and walked out the bathroom just to crash with Inuyasha.
 
“Are you okay?” Inuyasha asked and she let out a small shriek.
 
“It's already happening… I have to go.” Kagome mumbled and hurriedly walked by him, Inuyasha suddenly caught her arm and pulled her back to face him.
 
“What's the matter with you? You've been acting this way since I saw you this morning.” Inuyasha asked concerned and Kagome let out a big sigh.
 
“I'm actually kind of scared about… cooking in front of other people, I've never been good with performances… when I was in fifth grade I threw up during a Cinderella representation.” Inuyasha nodded, trying to understand how she felt. “I'm sorry but I won't be able to help you.”
 
“Kagome, remember the time you were up on stage and sung that beautiful song?” She nodded and blushed lightly. “If you were able to let people hear you sing… what is it so hard to let them see you cook?”
 
“This is different, that time I was thinking about…” Kagome stopped, that night in which she had left her fears behind she was staring at Inuyasha. He was the reason she hadn't been afraid to sing in front of so many people. “I don't even remember!”
 
“Then remember this, I'll be by your side the whole night… and if you feel nervous, I'll hold your hand.” Kagome felt her heart beating faster, her hands started sweating again and her head was spinning.
 
“Thank you.” Kagome said in a squeaky voice before running back inside the bathroom, Inuyasha arched his brow confused before shaking his head and walking away.
 
Finally Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango and Miroku settled near the grills with the ingredients they needed. As soon as they were there, people started asking them for their respective plates. Sango and Miroku worked fast and in unison but neither of them let out a single word unless they felt it necessary, while Miroku was asking for what people wanted to eat Sango was already preparing their food. Inuyasha and Kagome weren't as lucky as them, she was too nervous so she simply did everything one step at the time which was taking her a lot. Inuyasha was very busy and tried to do everything as fast as he could, he would eventually check on what Kagome was doing, she was fine although she was breathing heavily and giving her costumers some fake smiles because she was too nervous to actually trying to do so. The stage for Rin's act was ready; she had told Sesshomaru that her invited musicians wouldn't be joining her so she only needed a chair and a mic stand. Rin finally settled herself on stage and looked over at the chefs, Inuyasha winked at her and Rin smiled.
 
“Hi guys… it's been a long time, sorry about that. But I'm here and that's what matters… I'll be singing for you an acoustic song since my guitar player reported in sick, anyways… this is “Must get out” by Maroon 5.” Rin said before she started singing.
 
I've been the needle and the thread
Weaving figure eights and circles round your head
I try to laugh but cry instead
patiently wait to hear the words you've never said
Fumbling through your dresser drawer
Forgot what I was looking for
Try to guide me in the right direction
making use of all this time
Keeping everything inside
Close my eyes and listen to you cry
 
The whole restaurant was quiet and dark, the only thing you could listen to was to Rin's marvelous voice echoing against the walls and you could barely see her thanks to a reflector pointed in her direction. She closed her eyes from part to part, trying to listen if her voice was in the right tune. Rin opened them up and looked over at Sesshomaru who was smiling at her sweetly, she started singing again.

I'm lifting you up
I'm letting you down
I'm dancing til dawn
I'm fooling around
I'm not giving up
I'm making your love
This city's made us crazy and we must get out
 
Rin was about to keep on going with the song when she suddenly hear the string of a guitar, following the song; she looked at the door and saw Kohaku coming up to the stage with his black acoustic guitar. Rin heard a few girls scream in joy as she saw him coming up to the stage, he kept his eyes fixated on her. She helped him get up and before she could keep on with the song, he had already begun.
 
This is not goodbye she said
It is just time for me to rest my head
She does not walk she runs instead
Down these jagged streets and into my bed
 
Rin had heard him sing once or twice, he had done that only for her because he didn't really like doing it. Kohaku kissed her cheek softly and Rin blushed a bit embarrassed, she closed her eyes trying to get concentrated but the soft humming of his guitar wasn't making the job easy. Finally, she was able to do so and kept on with the song. However, Rin had ignored the dangerous looks Sesshomaru was shooting at Kohaku.
 
Fumbling through your dresser drawer forgot what I was looking for
Try to guide me in the right direction
Making use of all this time
Keeping everything inside
Close my eyes and listen to you cry
 
Rin and Kohaku sang the chorus together, Sesshomaru who was only able to watch was green of envy; watching that brat play his moves on his girl was driving him crazy but it was worst since he couldn't even stop him. Kohaku pressed his forehead against Rin's, moving his lips and closely to hers before she desperately grabbed the microphone from the mic stand and walked away as she kept on singing.
 
There's only so much I can do for you
After all of the things you put me through
 
Kohaku followed her and placed his arms around her waist, Rin swallowed hard and tried not to look at Kohaku's deep dark eyes as they sang for the last time the chorus. She suddenly pulled away and walked off the stage towards were Sesshomaru was to finish the last part.
 
I'm not giving up
I'm making your love
This city's made us crazy and we must get out
 
Sesshomaru smiled at her warmly before kissing her lips lightly and embracing her, Kohaku got off of stage as the crowd clapped crazy for the duet the sexy model and the beautiful singer had just pulled off. Rin slowly got out of Sesshomaru's embrace before kissing Kohaku's cheek and giving him a surprised but grateful smile.
 
“How did you know I was going to sing today? And who told you I needed a back up guitar?” Rin asked as Sesshomaru grabbed her hand tightly.
 
“I have my ways; I just didn't know you were going to sing our favorite song.” Rin let out a few nervous giggles and nodded uncomfortably.
 
“Well, I… just forgot about it. It's been a long time since we broke up and I've always liked that song.” Kohaku laughed a bit.
 
“But how could you forget the meaning of it? It was the song we heard the first time we went out on a date and… it was also the same song you heard before I gave you your fist kiss.” Sesshomaru looked at Rin surprised.
 
“It's old stuff Kohaku… way, way, way old.” Kohaku nodded and looked at Sesshomaru.
 
“Yeah, just like your boyfriend.” He mumbled, Sesshomaru stared at him furiously; Rin held him by hand hardly before Sesshomaru did something he would regret. “Okay, I'll leave now gorgeous… you are a great singer, don't forget that.”
 
“I won't.” Kohaku kissed her cheek before grabbing his guitar and walking out of the restaurant followed by a huge crowd of girls.
 
Rin stared at Kohaku as he walked out, even before he begun his life as a successful model and now like an actor he had always managed to get things his way. In this case, he was able to help Rin, make her boyfriend jealous and have girls waiting for him outside. `He's such a player… he'll never change.' Rin thought before she felt Sesshomaru's hand move away and soon she saw him walking towards his office. Rin followed him and once she was inside she closed the door behind her. She saw him sitting on his chair and staring out the window, she slowly approached him before resting her head on top of his.
 
“I always thought I was your `mature' boyfriend not `old'” he said repeating the label Kohaku had granted him, Rin shook her head before sitting on his lap and placing her arms around his neck.
 
“Don't mind what he says… he's actually jealous, you have nothing to worry about.” Sesshomaru shook his head and kept his eyes on the window.
 
“I don't want people to see us and think I'm your father.” Rin grabbed him by the chin and forced him to look at her chocolate eyes.
 
“Listen to me; I don't care what everyone thinks… I just want to be with you because I love you and no one can change that.” Sesshomaru sighed and nodded, Rin let a smile slip her lips. “Besides I've heard that dating older guys is like so in…”
 
“Oh, really?” he asked as he moved his lips towards hers, Rin nodded.
 
“Yeah, you know… retro is the ultimate fashion.” Rin laughed as Sesshomaru's eyes widened before kissing her lovingly.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Kagura furiously closed her restaurant, watching how Sesshomaru managed to beat her in her own twisted game just made her enraged. She wanted to sleep and find a solution or a new plan the next morning, she was alone and somehow that made her scared although she knew that place was very safe. She closed the lock on her door and just when she was about to walk away from her restaurant she felt a hand on her shoulder. Kagura jumped a bit scared and looked back to see a girl with tremendous breast implants and a very short hair complimenting her style, she smiled at Kagura and she arched her brow.
 
“I'm sorry, I'm not into girls and I'm sure that I wouldn't pay for one either.” Yura looked at her confused but shook her head.
 
“I'm not a prostitute.” She said a bit offended. “I'm actually…”
 
“Oh, I know… listen sweetheart, I'm flattered but I already told you I'm not into girls.” Yura shook her head once again.
 
“You're Kagura, right? Owner of the Shichi'nintai?” Kagura nodded as she stared at the girl with awe.
 
“Yeah and who are you?” Yura smiled pleased.
 
“I'm Yura, I used to work for Sesshomaru but the bastard fired me… I was wondering if you were looking for a chef.” Kagura shook her head.
 
“I'm sorry but the positions are filled.” Kagura walked away until she heard her speak again.
 
“I can tell you all the secret dishes Inuyasha prepares and I have a recipe for lasagna that will make your mouth water.” Kagura looked at her over her shoulder and gave her a malicious smile.
 
“You're in.”
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I've been very distracted on my free time, mainly only videogames but I'm allowed to have some fun too right? I'll try to write the next chapter sooner, till then keep yourself busy by reviewing… it's a fun hobby lol =)