InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ surprise, surprise ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagura invited Sesshomaru for lunch, he wanted to reject her but it was impossible for him whenever she used her begs. Whenever she used her sweet voice with him, Sesshomaru stopped listening to his brain and followed his senses. Although he knew that food wasn't good there, he had to give it a try since he was already there. Kagura greeted him with a kiss on a cheek and they sat down to order, Sesshomaru couldn't help to notice that her menu was a rip off of his. He didn't say anything; he wanted to try them first to know if they were as good as his. The waiter had their order immediately on their table and Sesshomaru only needed to have a first bite to know that had gotten a new chef.
“Okay, who did you hire?” He asked pushing his plate aside, Kagura pretended to be surprised.
“What are you talking about Sess?” She asked after she had chewed her food.
“Was it Hojo or Yura? Kagura, don't you dare to lie to me.” Sesshomaru warned and she sighed.
“Yura, she begged me for a job position… she said she had new recipes and I thought it was good, she has been working for me shortly after I got that very positive review from the newspaper… remind me to thank Inuyasha for that.” Sesshomaru was very angry but he didn't let it show.
“How long do you think this will go on?” he asked after a while, she stared at him with confusion in her eyes.
“What are you talking about?”
“This, this place is made only for your sick purposes of revenge… I just want to know, when will you be happy? When I'm miserable and without money? Something that is already done or… when I'm dead?” Sesshomaru inquired, she appeared to be very offended.
“Do you think that I want you dead?” He didn't even move, he just kept his eyes on her waiting for her to continue. “Sess, the reason I was doing this was because I… wanted you attention, I still love you and you broke my heart…”
“I broke your heart?” Sesshomaru asked hysterical. “You cheated on me!”
“Can we just skip that part?” Kagura begged and he let her continue. “I was very angry at myself for doing that to you and when you wanted the divorce, I was devastated. I needed it to explain it to you but you just didn't listen and then I thought that maybe if I tried this you would talk to me after all… and here you are, I was right although it brought you misery.”
“I don't know how you can tell me all this without regret, even worse… because I believe you.” Kagura smiled softly.
“You do?” She asked and he nodded. “Sess, there's a reason I gave you back your wedding ring… after all we've been together I think we should try it again.”
“Try it again?” He asked confused, Kagura nodded.
“Marry me Sesshomaru, again please.”
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Kagome returned to her house in Tokyo, her mother asked her several questions about what she was doing at Inuyasha's house. Her mother had gotten into quite a conversation with him, he told her his name and where he had met her daughter and after explaining to Mrs. Higurashi why Kagome had fallen asleep in his house, she had calmed down and decided to leave some other questions to Kagome. Her mother finished her questions after a while and Kagome went back to her room. She sat on the edge of her window, gazing at her beautiful city as she took deep sighs, analyzing everything that had happened to her lately. She thought to be in love when she met Kouga, when he asked her to marry him she thought it was her happy fairy tale. But when Kagome went to work in Shikon cooking, there was never a day in which she didn't think that maybe Kouga wasn't the right choice.
"You know what girl?"
 
"What?!"
 
"You have beautiful eyes.”
 
Kagome smiled at the memory of her first day in the restaurant, it had only been 5 minutes and Inuyasha was already driving her crazy. His sweet voice clearly boomed in her ears as she remembered how sweet he had been when he said those words. Kagome closed her eyes tightly as she tried to focus on her decision.
 
“What?”
“Nothing, for a moment I forgot how beautiful you are.”
She opened them again, thinking how much Kouga loved her and how she felt for him. Kagome remembered that when they started dating her days would brighten at the thought of going out with him. How a smile always seemed to make its way through her lips whenever Kouga was around. It was amazing the way she felt so calmed around him, maybe it was the fact that he was her security net and Inuyasha… he was…
“Am I making you uncomfortable?”
“If I kept on looking at you, you would feel the same.”
“If you kept on looking at me, I would feel lucky.”
Inuyasha was someone different to her, it was a person she was sure she would never forget because thanks to him she finally understood why everyone enjoyed how their hearts raced whenever they saw that special someone. Kagome placed a hand on her chest, making sure that the thought of him hadn't made her heart jump. She smiled when she was proved wrong, she felt the air that blew from her window get colder and she got back inside. Kagome closed the window and lay on her bed, staring at her wall.
“I know it's hard… and no matter who I pick, someone's gonna get hurt.” Kagome decided as she let a tear roll down her cheek. “I just hope it's the right choice.”
“Darling?” She heard her mother's voice from outside her door; Kagome quickly cleaned her face and went to open her door.
“Hey mom, what's up?” She asked as she smiled lightly, her mother returned the smile.
“Your brother has been asking me to take him downtown and I'm very tired and I have to take care of your grandpa and…”
“Okay mom, I'll take him.” Kagome interrupted her, her mother hugged her tightly.
“Thank you, Souta! Your sister will take you!” Her mother yelled after she got out of the embrace
Kagome quickly got out of her bed, grabbing her scarf and securely placing it around her neck before grabbing her coat and walking downstairs. Her brother was already waiting for her at the door, Kagome got on her shoes and they were on their way. They took the subway in silence; Souta was busy gazing out the window although there was nothing nice to look at. When they reached their destination, they quickly got out and started walking around the city. Souta spotted an arcade store; he pulled his sister inside with him and looked at the many games.
 
“This is why you wanted to come downtown?” Kagome asked a bit annoyed, Souta shook his head.
 
“No, I actually wanted to go to the movies but there's nothing good to watch… let's play.” Souta said and pulled his sister with him as he looked for a good game.
 
“Okay, I don't want to be here long so you'll have to pick only one game… just one, understood?” Kagome asked and he nodded, after a short moment he picked a shooting game.
 
After 15 minutes of watching her brother play, he finally lost and pouted. Kagome smiled lightly before walking out of the arcade. Souta convinced her to go and eat an ice cream, Kagome didn't want to since the thought of crashing with Inuyasha again was making her crazy. Souta begged her for such a long time that she finally accepted, her younger brother immediately pulled her inside a small ice cream parlor. Souta picked his favorite flavors; Kagome went for the plain vanilla and chocolate, she paid and kept on walking around Tokyo.
 
“I thought Kouga would be with you.” Souta said after a long silence, Kagome shook her head.
 
“I had a small vacation and Kouga didn't, he had to work and he thought it would be good for me if I came by myself.” Kagome lied, her brother nodded. She stared at her brother for a while. “Souta, what do you think about Kouga? Honestly.”
 
“He's a nice guy… mom always says that he's a perfect gentleman and that she couldn't be happier to know that you're marrying him.” Souta let out and Kagome sighed. “Why?”
 
“I just needed your opinion; do you think its right for me to marry him?” Kagome asked, Souta gazed at her a bit confused.
 
“Honestly?” Kagome nodded, “No, he seems nice but… I don't think he's the right guy for you, that's my opinion though… you don't need to listen to me.”
 
“That's okay Souta; I'm still giving it a thought to all the marriage deal. I think I'm a bit too young for that.” Her younger brother smirked.
 
“Too young? Couldn't you think of a better excuse?” Kagome giggled a little. “I mean, you are what? 107 years?”
 
“Souta!” Kagome said a bit angry.
 
“I'm just being honest.” Kagome laughed and hugged her brother.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Two long weeks elapsed and Inuyasha was sick of his vacation, he decided that it was time enough for Sesshomaru to learn how to stand up for himself. That morning, he took the first flight back to his home and after half a day of staying asleep, he went to the restaurant. Sesshomaru was surprised to see him but also very happy. He greeted his brother with a soft hug and immediately pulled him inside his office; Sesshomaru immediately started searching through his drawers for something. Inuyasha was sitting on a chair waiting for his brother; finally Sesshomaru took out a sheet of paper and placed it in front of Inuyasha. He looked at his brother with curiosity.
“What's this?” Inuyasha asked and Sesshomaru handed him a pen.
“Sign it.” He replied, Inuyasha shook his head.
“What? You think I'm dumb? I'm not signing it until you tell me what this is about.” Inuyasha said and Sesshomaru shook his head.
“Then read it.” Inuyasha arched his brow and rolled his eyes.
“I'm too lazy…” His brother replied and immediately signed. “There, I hope I didn't sell my soul there.”
“Thank you Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru replied before taking the paper back to a drawer, Inuyasha thought it was very strange and before he could ask his brother started speaking. “Have you seen Rin?”
“Oh, yeah… I saw her right after having lunch.” Inuyasha said sarcastically, Sesshomaru shook his head and threw a magazine in front of him. Rin was on the cover.
“Wow, I'm gone for a few weeks and she becomes the new teen idol?” Inuyasha let out amazed, Sesshomaru nodded.
“She won't return my calls and her new manager told me she quit, she doesn't need to sing in this place anymore.” Sesshomaru told him, Inuyasha tossed away the magazine.
“At least we still have our food… how are sales going?” Inuyasha asked with interest, Sesshomaru smiled a bit.
“Good, thanks to our very nice entertainment during night more people come and watch your coworkers cook. How's dad?” Sesshomaru asked with the same interest, Inuyasha rolled his eyes.
“He's fine, I saw him for half a minute… he and mom went out on a second honey moon, kind of creepy if you ask me.” Sesshomaru let out a few nervous chuckles. “What's wrong with you?”
“It's funny you mention a honey moon because… um, I…” Inuyasha arched his brow and stared at his brother suspiciously.
“Please Sess; please don't tell me you did something stupid.” He begged.
“No, he didn't.” Kagura replied, Inuyasha stared at her shooting daggers through his eyes. “Sess actually did something very good… for him and his restaurant.”
“Someone tell me this is a sick a joke, you did not just blend restaurants with her.” Kagura shook her head and Sesshomaru gulped.
“Not really… we…”
“We're engaged.” Kagura replied flashing him a diamond ring on her third finger.
 
A/N: Yeah, short sorry… hope you enjoyed it though! Review please!!! =)