InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Illustrious Beauty ❯ Illustrious Beauty ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer:
Everything that deals with Inuyasha belongs to Rumiko Takahashi, not me.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
Illustrious Beauty
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
I sit here waiting in my silent solitude of night…beckoning the next creature to come, enthralled by my mysterious beauty. They all watch me with hungry, lust-filled eyes as I glisten in the dark. Whether they are youkai, hanyou or ningen, all desire to wish upon my countenance. This simple shrine and golden stand cannot hide me from their gaze, but there is one who keeps me from their hands.
 
My miko, who uses her power to guard me and keep me pure. She alone can lay hands upon me; I shine with light and purity within her vicinity. For inside me doth my creator still battle, as I am her living spirit, and with light she begins to win. Demons strive to taint me, for with malice I become more enticing to their blackened souls. But all I can do is lay back and laugh at their futile efforts to seize me. With my new priestess at my side they can only touch me for a transitory moment before their life is destroyed.
 
My laughter slowly dies down as I hear the rustling of the grass just outside of my domain. That doltish Mistress Centipede comes my way, desiring to lay her filthy hands upon my entity. I listen to her scaly hide slither across the ground and then up the wooden steps that lead to my dwelling. Within two short moments her movements cease and my being emits a glow of pride and happiness.
 
Only two strikes with her bow and the youkai is cast away as dust. Well done my new faithful patron; well done my lady Kikyou. Your exorbitant spiritual powers remind me so much of my beloved creator, my Midoriko. Even you have a similar appearance to her, though you are much simpler. I smile down at your form guarding me acceptably and I know that I am well protected.
 
Once again a grin forms upon my visage, though invisible to night, and my mocking laughter rings out. Who will now dare to come and lay a hand on the illustrious Shikon no Tama with my miko standing near by?