InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In Business ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

In Business
By: InitialA
Rating: PG
Genre: General/Comedy
Universe: AU
Word Count: 186
Summary: Sometimes it's hard to pay the bills. What's a couple to do?
Warnings: Language
Author's Note: In celebration that the InuYasha anime will begin its conclusion this fall! Hooray!
 
Kagome swore softly, drumming a beat against the table in annoyance. The bank statements and bills were spread before her, and it wasn't looking good. Odd jobs weren't going to cut it—they needed money and real jobs, and they needed it fast. “Oh hell…”
The door to their dingy apartment swung open, and her husband strolled in with a bouquet of flowers, humming to himself. Kagome scowled. “Have you seen our bank accounts, InuYasha? We can't afford flowers!”
“Oh, we can,” he said idly.
InuYasha handed her the flowers and picked her up bridal-style, kissing her deeply. She was still frowning when they broke. “And how, dear, can we afford it?”
“We have money.”
“I can't even finish the bills for the month!”
“We'll just ask for an advance. The studio won't argue,” he told her.
“I don't—wait, the studio?” Kagome asked, turning from angry to confused.
InuYasha spun her around in his arms. “They repealed the cancellation. We're finishing the series! We have jobs!”
Kagome gaped, then shrieked, throwing her arms around him. They would worry later, now was the time to celebrate.