InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inu-Casefiles vol.1:The Case of the Blue-Haired Miko ❯ What the h*** is going on?!?!? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Book 1 of the Inu-Case Files

The Mystery of

TheBlue Miko

"Kagome! Remember to get your new shampoo from your bag!" Mrs.Hiragashi yelled to her daughter, Kagome. Today was a normal day. Mrs.Hiragashi was making breakfast, Grandpa was sweeping the temple to the Shikon no Tama, Sota was trying to annoy his sister, and Kagome was getting ready to go to the Sengoku Jidai…what, you don't know what the Sengoku Jidai is, do you? The Sengoku Jidai, or Warped Time Zone to some, is five hundred years before modern day Tokyo, where we now are. In this time, there exists demons, dragons, and magic. Kagome goes there to… well I won't tell you the whole story know, but before this story is over, you will know.

"Alright Mom!" Kagome yelled back to her mom. I can't wait to try this stuff out, Kagome said to herself. While she was washing her hair, she noticed something strange. The shampoo smelled very strange, almost like...tears? Kagome was very startled by this revelation, but she ignored it. Nothing would ruin her day today. Not even Inuyasha…well Inuyasha couldn't ruin her day. She loved him too much for that to happen.

"Bye Mom!"

"Goodbye, honey!"

Then Kagome leapt into the well that separated her from her next adventure, but little did she know that she would have the wildest day of her life in the first ever installment of the Inu-Case Files!

"Kagome, you can't go! We need to find more jewel-shards!" an indignant Inuyasha yelled after Kagome as she walked to the well.

"Is that all I am to you, Inuyasha?" Kagome yelled with tears in her eyes,"Is a jewel-shard detector all I am to you?"

Then the strangest thing happened. As Kagome shed the first tear that promised many more, her hair turned blue!

"Kagome…what's going on?" Miroku asked as he stared at her hair.

"What do you mean `What's going on?" Kagome asked strangely, momentarily forgetting her anger and sadness.

"I don't know how to tell you this but, your hair is blue!" Sango stated.
"What!?" Kagome screamed…then fainted, dead on the spot.

"Lady Kaede, do you know what happened to my hair?" Kagome said worriedly after she had recovered from her fainting spell.

"I am sorry Lady Kagome, but I don't. Maybe it will just go away" Kaede offered to soothe the worried girl.

"Maybe Bakkyo would know" said an emotionless, deep voice from behind them.

"Sesshoumaru, what are you doing here?" Sango asked before Inuyasha could anger his older, much more powerful, brother.

"Just as I said, maybe Bakkyo would know what is going on." Sesshoumaru answered, irritated.

"Bakkyo, you mean the magnolia tree spirit that lives in the fringes of Kayakazu?" Miroku asked, intrigued.

"Yes" Was Sesshoumaru's answer.

"How do you expect us go get there? Kayakazu is in Kyeseen, and Kyeseen is dragon-land!" Sango said slightly angered by him saying such a thing.

"The dragons care nothing for Kayakazu, you would be able to slip in easily" was Sesshoumaru's answer before he left, as mysteriously as he had appeared.

The next few days were hard on the Inu-gang as they traveled to Kayakazu but, as Sesshoumaru had said, getting past the dragons into Kyeseen was easy.

"Where is this Bakkyo, anyway?" Shippo asked bored.

"It depends, who are you and what do you want with him?" said a strange, disembodied voice.

"I am Inuyasha, second-born of Inutasho, and I look for Bakkyo to ask his assistance in matters that are my own" Inuyasha replied, startling everyone at his manners and how much he sounded like his brother, the taiyoukai, or great demon lord, of Kyoto.

"I am Bakkyo, what matters do you need assistance in, Inuyasha?" Bakkyo said, as his face appeared on the magnolia tree in front of them.

"My friend, Kagome, needs help in figuring out what turned her hair blue and how to change it back," Inuyasha said.

"Hm, blue you say? Have you done anything different with your hair recently?" Bakkyo said.

"I used a different shampoo, and, a few weeks ago, I washed my hair in a different stream. Would that cause it?" Kagome replied.

"What stream did you use?"

"The one north of the village, the one that smells like lemons."

"You washed your hair in a magic stream, then used a new shampoo…maybe if you…no, that won't work," after a few seconds of silence, Bakkyo said," Aha! I have it! Take one of my leaves and rub it into your hair."

"OK," Kagome said and proceeded to follow the instructions given to her. "Wow, it worked! Thank you!"

"I have found you! Now I can make Lord Sesshoumaru proud if me and steal the Tetsusaiga!" a small, frog demon squeaked from his place, about three foot high.

"Jakken, come try to get the Tetsusaiga you filthy toad!" Inuyasha said, provokingly.

As the toad neared Inuyasha, everyone was surprised when he didn't draw Tetsusaiga. When Jakken was one foot away from Inuyasha, the origins of football were revealed to be the game whack-a-Jakken as Inuyasha punted him all the way back to Kyoto!

"Inuyasha, I have to compliment you on something," Miroku said.

"What's that Miroku?"

"That was a great punt!"

They proceeded to laugh their heads off.

Elsewhere…

Jakken landed with a thud in…

This ends the first edition of Inu-Case Files. Please tune in next time for `Sesshoumaru's Bad Hair Day' on Inu-Case Files!

Book 1 in the Inu-Case Files

The Case of

The Blue Miko

Kagome-Miko, 15 years of age

Inuyasha-