InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha and Amimi: The Next Chapter ❯ Supplies and the Subdue Necklace ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Wow…” said Amimi in delight as she looked over Higashi's wing, feeling the cold, soft breeze touch her face. She smiled as she looked back over at Inuyasha.
 
“Hey Inuyasha,” she grinned as the giant bird descended lower down the mountain. “We're almost there!” The ground was only meters away, as the bird slowly landed on the green grass below. Inuyasha hopped off and helped Amimi get off as well. As her feet touched the ground, she looked at their surroundings.
 
Before them, was a dark cave. Large blades of grass grew from the ground, touching the entrance of the moist cave. A young lady stood next to the grass. She was the servant that Shinobu was talking to in the hall. The ningen lady smiled merrily as she went up to greet the two. As the servant came closer, she snapped her fingers. Higashi nodded her head and flew off, going to the peak of the mountain to meet Shinobu.
 
The lady turned to the two and bowed. “Welcome. My name is Yuzuki. Fujitaka-san told me to meet you down here.” Amimi nodded.
 
“He told us that we would meet someone at the bottom of this mountain, and I'm guessing that would be you.” Yuzuki smiled and nodded with agreement.
 
“Please follow me…Your supplies are in here,” she said as she entered the cave. Inuyasha crossed his arms and nudged Amimi in the arm, wanting her to go in first. The kitsune hanyou froze for a second and then entered the cave, regaining her strength. Inuyasha looked behind him and followed the two into the cave.
 
It was very cold and damp that it made the three shiver. Yuzuki lit a narrow, white candle and lead the hanyous deeper into the cave. A loud screeching noise came from deep inside the cave. The noise soon became louder and louder until-
 
“KYAAAA!” yelled Amimi as she ducked her head under her arms. A large bat flew over her head and headed towards the entrance of the cave. The kitsune pouted after she learned what the screeching noises came from. Inuyasha snickered to himself but was slapped in the face by the kitsune. She crossed her arms and followed the ningen servant. Inuyasha frowned as he rubbed the red mark on his face.
 
“Here…” said Yuzuki as she extended her arm so the candle's light would shine throughout the cave. It was a dead end. A large brown sack sat at the far wall of the cave, accompanied by two water jugs. The two went up to the supplies and rummaged through them, making sure everything they needed was in there. The sack looked as though it was about to explode, so the kitsune hanyou took some of the food and put it in her own sack.
 
Amimi noticed a beaded necklace next to the brown sack. A piece of paper was tied to it. It said:
 
Amimi,
If Inuyasha gives you any trouble, put this around his neck and you will have the power to subdue him. Don't worry. He can't take it off. Good luck with your journey.
Kaede
 
Amimi looked at the beaded necklace and turned to Inuyasha. She ripped off the piece of paper and put it around his neck.
 
“What the hell?!” he shouted feeling the necklace fall around his neck and onto his chest.
 
He noticed a small piece of paper on the ground and read it. “Subdue me? Does she think this thing can `subdue' me?”
 
Amimi thought for a second and looked at the inu hanyou.
 
“What?”
 
“Sit.”
 
A huge force made Inuyasha fall to the ground. He was silent, since he was surprised it actually worked. The inu tried to stand up, but he was paralyzed.
 
“Sit.”
 
THUMP! The inu's body fell deeper into the ground, shaking the cave a little.
 
“Sit.”
 
THUMP! Inuyasha was about half a foot into the ground. Once he was able to move his body, the inu stood up. “WHAT THE DAMN HELL WAS THAT FOR!?”
 
“I was testing it out…” she told him, smiling a bit. `This is fun…' she thought to herself.
 
Yuzuki smiled. “These are all donated by Fujitaka-san. Well…except for that,” Yuzuki told the hanyous as she set the candle in a lantern next to the supplies. “Oh! And Fujitaka-san wanted me to give Amimi-san this…”
 
“Don't you ever stop smiling…” mumbled Inuyasha, but he was nudged in the waist by the kitsune.
 
Amimi turned her head and looked at a large leather case. It was about 4 feet long and it was embedded with valuable jewels like the ones on Shinobu's cane. The kitsune opened it and found out that inside was a long, wooden staff. A small note stood next to it. She picked up both items and read the small piece of paper. She felt Inuyasha breathing on her back behind her. It read:
 
Amimi,
 
I kept this safe for you when you disappeared 50 years ago. This is the weapon you used to protect yourself. Its powers will soon be familiar to you. Good luck.
 
Fujitaka Shinobu
 
“How come I didn't get anything?” complained Inuyasha as he looked at the staff. Amimi frowned and pointed to the necklace.
 
Inuyasha pouted. “Let me rephrase that…How come I didn't get anything good…” Amimi nudged him in the arm and smiled. She held the staff in her hand and the bag in the other, but she struggled to even pick it up. Inuyasha decided to take the bag since it was heavier than it looked. Amimi grabbed the water jugs instead. Yuzuki smiled (which made Inuyasha pout even more) and they ventured out of the cave.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Amimi grasped her new/old staff in her hand as she waved good-bye to Yuzuki. Yuzuki smiled and disappeared in the large brush. Inuyasha just kept on walking. She frowned and walked next to him.
 
“That was rude Inuyasha.”
 
He looked away. Amimi glared at him.
 
“Sit.”
 
Inuyasha hit the cold, hard ground; the enormous bag crashing down on his back. The kitsune smiled and laughed merrily as she continued to walk.
 
“Damn you woman!” he shouted as he ran after her.
 
“Don't make me say it again!”