InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Escaped Again ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to At First Tweak on April 8, 2012 for Prompt #65 Spiderweb.

Title: Escaped Again
Author: ananova
Rating: Friendship
Genre: T
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 217
Summary: Inuyasha reassures Kagome after Naraku escapes again.

---------------------------


“Damn it!” Inuyasha growled as he punched the rock face beside him. “Bastard got away again. I had him this time!”

Kagome winced as she saw the cracks forming in the rock, spider-webbing across the hard surface from the force of the impact. “I'm sorry Inuyasha.” She knew it was her fault that Naraku escaped. Inuyasha was right, he had had him, at least until he had to leave the battle to rescue her. Again.

He turned to glare at her but bit back the angry comments as her tone and the look on her face registered. “It's not your fault,” he told her instead.

Kagome's head shot up at that. “Yes it is. I was careless. If I hadn't allowed myself to be drawn away from the others, you never would have had to leave the battle to rescue me from his tentacles.”

“Feh, Naraku probably had the whole thing planned. He was just luring us in, a spider luring it's prey into it's web. Don't worry, we'll get him next time.” He turned, offering her his back. “Come on, let's get back to others.”

She smiled at him. “Thank you,” she told him, giving his shoulders a light squeeze as she wrapped herself around him.

“Keh.”



Converting /tmp/phpfQcfth to /dev/stdout