InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Night Interruptions ( Chapter 38 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to At First Tweak on June 2, 2012 for Prompt #70 Midnight Snack.

Title: Night Interruptions
Author: ananova
Rating: K
Genre: Friendship
Universe: Canon
Word Count: 300
Summary: Kagome's sleep is interrupted. What does she find?

-------------------------


Crash!

Kago me jerked awake as the loud noise echoed through the house, reflexes honed traveling in the feudal era bringing her awake at the first unusual sound. Her eyes quickly scanned her nearly pitch-black room, only the light filtering in through her slightly ajar door providing any illumination. She frowned at her empty room. Another crash, though smaller, had her moving to the door and down the stairs to the kitchen.

Her hand found the switch and light flooded the room as quiet curses filled the air. As her eyes adjusted they took in the sight of Inuyasha standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by turned over pots and pans. “Inuyasha!” she hissed. “It's the middle of the night! You're lucky you didn't wake my family.”

Her anger passed as she took in his dejected expression and she sighed before moving to clean up the mess.

“Sorry,” he muttered quietly as he passed her a pot. “Just wanted a snack.” His ears drooped low on his head.

Kagome shook her head. “Why didn't you just ask?”

Inuyasha shrugged. “Didn't want to wake you up.” Not when she looked so peaceful sleeping there. “Thought I could do it myself after seeing your mom do it so many times. Didn't mean to make so much noise and wake you.” He turned away. “I should go.”

Kagome reached into the cabinet and pulled out a package of ramen. “Inuyasha,” she called. As he turned she filled the pot with water and his eyes widened slightly. “Stay.”

Soon Inuyasha was eating ramen with Kagome seated next to him, head resting on his shoulder. As she drifted off to sleep he reflected that the ramen was good but the company was even better.