InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome vs.Kikyou ❯ The Boy Is Mine ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is a song that I thought would make a great songfic; it fits well into the love triangle in the show! Read and you'll see!

I don't own the song `The Boy Is Mine' it was written by Brandy and she sang it with Monica, I had nothing to do with it.

_______________________________________________________________ _____

You need to give it up
Had about enough
It's not hard to see
The boy is mine
I'm sorry that you
Seem to be confused
He belongs to me
The boy is mine

~~~~~~~~
Kagome

`I know he thinks he still loves her, but it wasn't love to begin with fifty years ago. They were both lonely and needed someone to talk to, someone to understand what their lives were like. They both desired to be their own views of normal, for Kikyou it was to give up the life of a priestess and be a simple woman, for Inuyasha it was to become full demon so he could be strong and stopped being shunned by both humans and demons.

But what he doesn't understand is that he doesn't need to be one or the other because I love him just as he is. Kikyou couldn't accept him as a hanyou, that wouldn't be normal, she would be looked at differently for marrying a half-demon and normality is what the tragic priestess so desperately wanted. I know it's not like me and I know it's horrible to say but I hate her for hurting him, I hate her for not accepting him, and I hate her for not seeing how wonderful he his, like he is.'


I think it's time we got this straight
Let's sit and talk face to face
There is no way you could mistake
Him for your man, are you insane?
~~~~~~~~

Kikyou


`She's changing him, he's not like I remember him, now he's happier and has his own friends that care for him. I remember when he had only me and we were together, but he was never this happy with me. What is it about her that people are so drawn to? I'm more powerful and she hasn't even been trained, men remark on my beauty wherever I go.

Maybe it's because she is alive and I am not? Well that won't matter for much longer, Inuyasha has a promise to fulfill to me and I will make sure he never forgets it, he will come to hell with me away from her and it will be only he and I again.


You see I know that you may be
Just a bit jealous of me
But you're blind if you can't see
That his love is all in me
~~~~~~
Kagome

`I'll make him happy while he's with me and make sure he's never sad, I want to see him smile and laugh, and she would have him die and go to hell. How could I be the reincarnation of someone like that? I could never be that selfish and ask someone to give up their life. We're nothing alike but most people don't see that, some times I don't even think he sees it, but there are times when I know it's me he sees and wants more for us, but then the thought of her creeps up and he pulls back. But he is happier with me, he told me so himself that day at the well when I told him I'd stay by his side no matter what, and I will if she likes it or not.'


You see I tried to hesitate
I didn't wanna say what he told me
He said without me, he couldn't make
It trough the day, ain't that a shame
~~~~~~

Kikyou

`He always said he loved me, he told me he never stopped thinking about me, but why is it that when I see him with her smiling it doesn't look like he's thinking of me? But the look on her face when she heard him say that and the day she saw him embrace me, she knew that he was mine. So why doesn't she give up? Maybe the girl believes she can change his mind? I won't let that happen, his guilt will bring him to me. I don't care if he feels regret for making that promise me to me fifty years ago and is coming to me out guilt or duty just so long as he comes, but I know he loves me, it's in the way he takes my abuse but always comes back.'


Well, maybe you misunderstood
Cuz I can't see how he could
Wanna change something that's so good
All my love was all he took
~~~~~~~

You need to give it up
Had about enough
It's not hard to see
The boy is mine
I'm sorry that you
Seem to be confused
He belongs to me
The boy is mine

~~~~~~~

Kikyou

`She has tried save me many times, comes running to my aid even after I've tried to kill her. It made him angry when I told him that I did and yet he did nothing, that had to prove something to her, he would never harm me not even if I did succeed in getting rid of her, he would forgive me and come back to me.'


Must you do the things you do
Keep on acting like a fool
You need to know it's me not you
And if you didn't know it, girl it's true
~~~~~~~

Kagome

`He gets when other guys come around me; even try's to kill them. That must prove something to her. The well brought me back five hundred years in time to be with him, something the best scientist in my time can't figure out how to do. Why would the gods allow this to happen if he and I were not meant to be together? If I had never broke the jewel and started this whole quest then he and I wouldn't have had to spend so much time together and I would have never fell in love with him like I have.'


I think that you should realize
And try to understand why
He is a part of my life
I know it's killin' you inside
~~~~~~~

Kikyou

`I died and we were separated, but then I was brought back, it has to be to be with him or this wouldn't have happened, even if my body is only clay and I am dead, still I am here and he will come with me.


You can say what you wanna say
What we have you can't take
From the truth, you can't escape
I can tell the real from the fake
~~~~~~~

Kagome

`She was his past but she died, only brought back by some twist of fate but she's still dead. I did things for him that she never could have because my love him is real, I don't just see him as a way out like she did, he is so much more than that to me.'

When will you get the picture?
You're the past, I'm the future
Get away, it's my time to shine
If you didn't know, the boy is mine
~~~~~~
You need to give it up
Had about enough
It's not hard to see
The boy is mine
I'm sorry that you
Seem to be confused
He belongs to me
The boy is mine

You need to give it up
Had about enough
It's not hard to see
The boy is mine
I'm sorry that you
Seem to be confused
He belongs to me
The boy is mine

~~~~~~

Kagome

`She's tried to kill me and tried to kill him but we both survived her and that wouldn't have happened if we weren't meant to be together, I would be right now, but I'm still here with him. With me he made friends, and with her he was still alone. I would keep him the way he is and give him my all, I wonder if she can say that?


You can't destroy this love I found
Your silly games I won't allow
the boy is mine without a doubt
You might as well throw in the towel
What makes you think that he wants you?
When I'm the one that brought him to
This special place is in my heart
He was my love right from the start
~~~~~~
You need to give it up
Had about enough
It's not hard to see
The boy is mine
I'm sorry that you
Seem to be confused
He belongs to me
The boy is mine

You need to give it up
Had about enough
It's not hard to see
The boy is mine
I'm sorry that you
Seem to be confused
He belongs to me
The boy is mine

~~~~~~
Kikyou
The boy is mine
Not yours

~~~~~~
Kagome
But mine
~~~~~~

Kikyou
Not yours

~~~~~~
Kagome
But mine

~~~~~~
Kikyou
Not yours

~~~~~~
Kagome
But mine
~~~~~~
I'm sorry that you
Seem to be confused
He belongs to me
The boy is mine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

REVIEW! REVIEW!