InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making History ❯ Girls in the Shadows ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Making History
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: Don't own Inuyasha… *sob*

Chapter Seven – Girls in the Shadows

I awoke the next morning and looked at my alarm clock. It was ten thirty. Great. I could've gotten an hour more! I sighed as I grabbed my clothes for the day: a pair of dark blue, blue jeans, and a long dark purple short sleeved t-shirt that went to mid-thigh, along with unmentionables. I went down the stairs, and into the bathroom, where I took a shower. Clenching tightly onto my towel since the evaporation from the warm shower water froze me, I got out, and put my hair up in a turban, then went off and did the rest of my morning routine, putting my necklace on last and hiding it under my shirt. I dried off the floor and threw the towel into the wash, then went into the kitchen.

"Oh! She's awake!" My mom said from the couch sarcastically. I sighed and looked around. There was something missing.

"Where's grandma?" I asked.

"Store." My mom replied. I looked at the television. As usual, 'Little House on the Prairie' was on. I had an idea. I should catch up with my friends! I went through my address book and grabbed the phone.

"What do you think your doing?" My mom asked, raising an eye brow.

"Calling up Lamar and Sam. We can hang out somewhere while we catch up." I replied. She nodded.

"Just be back by four to four thirty." My mom said, and went back to watching television. I called up Sammy first.

"Hello?" Someone answered.

"Is Sam there?" I asked.

"One sec." I was told. Then the phone went to someone.

"Hello?" Someone asked.

"Hi Sam! It's Andrea!! I'm back from Japan and I was wondering if you wanted to just hang out or something today...catch up...or something with Lamar?" I greeted.

"Hold on let me ask." She said, then paused. "I can...where do you want to meet? We can go and wait on the corner to Depeyster, then get Lamar together."

"Sure. I'll call him up and let him know. Bye." I said, she concluded and then I called up Lamar.

"Hello?" Someone answered. It sounded like Lamar.

"Lamar?" I asked.

"Andrea? Oh hey! You’re back from Japan! What's up?" He asked.

"Nothing much, but I was wondering if you, me and Sam can hang out...catch up or something. Ha-ha I miss America...in some cases." I said.

"Sure. Come down by my house, with Sam. I'm eating." Lamar said.

"If it's pop tarts, I'll hurt you. Bye." I said, he concluded, and then I grabbed by text book, and the jewels. I put the jewels in my pocket of my jeans, and then carried my book in a bag with other things I brought back from Japan.

I waved goodbye to my mom and ran off to the corner. Sam was running down there, waving to me the whole way. I laughed as we met.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yep. Let's go get Lamar." Sam said. We walked down and he walked out of his house with a pop tart.

"A pop tart? What the hell Lamar?!" I asked, and then punched him in the arm.

"Stop hurting me!!!" He whined, and we all laughed.

"Hey wait...is it blueberry?" Sam asked. I sighed with a sweat drop.

"Uh...yeah? Why?" Lamar asked.

"MY BLUEBERRY POPTART!!" Sam shouted, then tackled him. She grabbed it then stood back up and started eating it...lucky her Lamar never bit out of it. Lamar stood back up and we continued.

"So....how was your trip to Japan?" Sam started, munching into the pop tart all cheery like nothing happened.

"It was awesome! I got to stay at a shrine, just like in all those shows, and then there was this freaky well....the well..."I said, then sighed as I faded off into my own world. Zoned out more and more....then Lamar zoned me back by waving his hand in front of my face. I was thinking about Inuyasha.

"What about the well?" Lamar asked. "You zoned out on us."

"Oh, sorry, um...the cat went in there, and well...I kinda fell in. I was saved by this guy named Inuyasha, a half demon that wears a red hakama and haori, then he has silver hair, white and pointy dog ears on his head, and then fangs and claws...and he saved me from an evil full demon...and the next time I went there...I figured out that I had all these powers when I saved him from a different demon, like telekinetic, and then invisibility and all that, I have the book of them. I kinda hung out with him there for a while, along with his friends-" I said.

"WOAH!! Wait wait wait...hot guy...you have powers....friends?! What friends?!" Sam asked.

"Yeah, a cute little fox demon named Shippo, a demon exterminator named Sango, and then a monk named Miroku." I said.

"What does the Houshi look like?" Sam asked. It started to scare me.

"Well, he wears a black and purple monk's apparel, and he's tall, pretty hot, and then has dark hair pulled into a tiny bud of a ponytail." I said. Sam looked like she was about to drool.

"Okay....Sam likes Houshi-sama. Ha-ha! Well we went through...I spent three months with him.. Inuyasha, and he gave me this necklace to link to him from here in America, since I could only get there by a well, and then we sorta got in a bit of an argument...then we...." I started.

"You....? You what?" Sam asked...zoning back.

"Kissed..." I said...quirky and proud. I was so cheery after that. Sam and I talked about the two guys.

"So...I have a feeling he gave you more than a kiss and a necklace link." Sam said.

"He let me hold onto the Sacred Jewel Shards." I said, and I let her look at them in the tiny jar, while Lamar studied through the book of spells I had.

After a while more of talking about my Feudal Era experiences...Lamar pointed something out.

"Wait...Do you love him? And you left him to come here yesterday? And he left you with a link to go back?" Lamar asked.

"Uh...yes! Yes...and yes." I said. Then Lamar and Sam exchanged glances and looked at me with a glare.

"Well what are you waiting for?! GO VISIT! He’s probably worried sick! That’s not like your type Andrea, jeez!" They said in unison.

"Okay! Okay!" I said. I took the things I let them borrow, then motioned for them to come along. They did. I went of into the backyard.

"I'll go back from here. Oh, Lamar, here's a thing for you..." I said, giving him a keychain with his name in Japanese and then in English on the bottom. "And you." I said, giving Sam the same thing...only with her name. There was nothing else good for a gift, so they had to make due.

"You guys should go, just in case you accidentally get pulled back with me." I said, after I let my mom know what I was doing.

"Okay bye." The two said.

'Accidentally get pulled back with Andrea huh? Good thing I snuck out a jewel shard when she wasn't looking.' Sam thought. Lamar laughed and Sam pretended to leave. She did the motions, then snuck and hid...and with my back to her, she held onto the jewel shard, and came up from behind me, grabbing a small lock of hair, as I completed the motions for the linking, and then a flash of light went, and then we were off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You know the drill…. CHAPTAH SEVEN!