InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Making History ❯ What Being a Friend...Or More....Means ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Making History
By Akira & Yuki

Disclaimer: We don't own Inuyasha.

Chapter Twelve – What Being a Friend… Or More… Means

After we made it to Kaede's she instructed us to just stay around and wait. I looked at my necklace and then at the others. Sam and Sango were glaring at each other, while Miroku walked away...Shippo, who hadn't been seen in a long time, was gathering herbs for Kaede.

"Have I been imagining it all? Was it all a dream? Has Inuyasha always been so rude and I've just ignored it and replaced it with a fantasy?" I asked myself in a light whisper. Shippo looked over at me curiously...and I blushed. Darn demon hearing messing up my outspoken thoughts.

Kaede walked out of the hut, and then walked off to someone else's hut. Sango went after Miroku...and Sam came over near me.

"Hello there...I so won that glaring war with Sango." She said as she sat down. I smirked. "Knew it would make you smile."

"Yeah yeah...but I don't understand it. The way Inuyasha's been since the Naraku battle...doesn't really make sense to me. He was fine and he cared before, but now....now he just scowls at my sight. I looked back at him, and he was looking at me, and then he scowled and looked away." I said.

"When? He's been in the hut the whole time." Sam asked.

"On our way here...It's as if.. as if he never really cared I existed at all." I said...unaware that someone was listening from the other side of the wall by the door of the hut.

"Are you sure that you're not making stuff up? I don't really think Inuyasha's all that bad...sure he called me a wench when he first laid eyes on me but...uh.....he's really a nice guy." Sam said.

"That's what you say. I know him better than you." I said.

"Ha-ha. Just by three months...Don't go so hard on him because he has an attitude problem." Sam said.

"Hm. He has more than that wrong with him." I said. "He probably hates me completely because I attacked Kikyo....He seriously likes her more than me...but what does he see in her?" I asked.

"Hurr that." Sam replied, in agreement. I sighed. I brought my knees to my chest and starred out. "Well, you can sigh alone in your nothingness bubble. I'm going after my Houshi-chan!"

"Gee you're nice." I said. She shrugged, and ran off after Miroku. I watched her, then rested my forehead on my knees and closed my eyes.

The person on the other side of the hut walked in and stood next to me. I ignored them.

"I do care. I just can't decide between you and Kikyo. It's a hard decision for someone like me." They said. It sounded like Inuyasha. My eyes shot open and I met his gaze. I stood up.

"Then why can't you stop being a jerk to me and tell me in the first place?" I asked. I turned and walked away. He followed after.

"It's just...too complicated...” He replied.

"How is complicated? A simple hug with your decision of Kikyo is all that I need to know that I'm not wanted." I said, not looking at him.

"Because...I care for both of you and I want to be with both of you. Can't you accept that?" Inuyasha asked.

"No, because I bet I'm speaking for Kikyo too when I say that I'm the type of girl that wants a guy to like her and only her. Heck, I'm probably speaking for every single woman on the planet in both of our eras." I said. I slapped him in the face, then ran off, leaving him standing there rubbing his cheek. That's when I heard him run up from behind me and turn me around. He looked into my eyes, then pulled my into a hugging embrace. A tight, yet loving one.

"Inu...yasha?" I asked.

"I was all over the place. I...was angry because I went in for Kikyo...I was...scared because you weren't there.. and angry too. I was nervous...because you with Naraku defenseless in his castle, and I couldn't do one thing about it. It's all because...because I...I care about you with all of my heart. Even though you might think I don't have one, I do, and it.. aches when you're upset or sad, or angry. Yet your smile makes it beat faster than ever. I don't just care about you. Because you mean more than that." Inuyasha whispered. I smile and started crying. That is what I've always wanted to hear.. though three more words could have been added...I'll settle with that. He pulled away and looked at me.

"Why...why are you crying?" He asked.

"Because....I'm happy." I said. He smiled lightly, and then leaned in for a kiss. I hugged him tightly as we did...because somehow.. he must've known he wanted to say that...just couldn't put it out in words. We broke the kiss and I hugged him tighter after wiping away my tears, and resting my head on his chest. If he was like this all the time...then I'd be happy.

---

Meanwhile, Miroku walked away from Sango...who was standing there glaring, then suddenly turned and walked down to the other end of the village, not even noticing Sam was there. Sam walked and watched as Miroku went up a grassy hill on the side of the trail, then sat down on the top. She sat down next to him.

"Hello there." She greeted. He gave a fake smile. "What's wrong Miroku?"

"Sango... She seems to think that I don't care about her...like I do with...eh...other women." Miroku said.

"Do you?" Sam asked, hopeful.

"Dearly no. My heart belongs to a woman that cannot possible return my feelings. Her fiery spirit got me, and her powers were a perfect match...and I care for Sango...but not the way in which she wishes..." Miroku said.

"Oh....what's this woman's name?" Sam asked, then added in her mind, 'That way I can track her down and kill her.'

"Oh...eh...her name...it's...eh...she has your name really, Samantha." Miroku said.

"Oh...okay..." Sam said, looking down in front of her. 'Great, what am I supposed to do now?'

"Miss, do you not know of the woman in which I speak?" Miroku asked. Sam solemnly shook her head. "Why it is you."

Sam gasped as she looked up at Miroku, and his smiling face. She smiled.

"Really." She asked, looking at him hopefully.

"Yes..." Miroku said....he darted out...and kissed her, and pressed in more as his heart pounded faster and she kissed back. He broke it, then looked at her.

"Though I doubt that you were believingly kissing I, a mere monk with numbered days to live. You were probably imagining it was a man in your era." Miroku said in a sigh. "A beautiful maiden such as yourself would never fall for myself."

"Then I guess I'm the first." Sam said...a smirk on her face. Miroku looked at her....hopeful. She smiled and they kissed again.....

---

After Miroku and Samantha had talked for a while....Sam went off. She had the pit in her stomach....and felt like she had to confront Sango. She spotted her and ran up.

"Sango?" Sam asked.

"Kirara, isn't that a butterfly?" Sango asked...paying no attention.

"Sango?" Sam asked.

"Did you hear something Kirara? Thought not." Sango said. Sam sighed and then smacked Sango in the head. Sango looked at her.

"Okay, I don't know what you have against me but get over it. You're supposed to be my friend, and right now you're being more of a foe then a friend. A friend is supposed to rescue you when you need it...along with giving you rides when you need a way of transportation...you haven't done any of that." Sam confronted. Sango stood and looked down and Sam.

"I don't care." Sango said, then walked away, making Sam watch her, an imaginary rain cloud above her head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Awww poor Sam! Sango needs a pimp slappin' XP R&R and read chapter 13!