InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mother Nature Rock ❯ MNR - Kouga ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Apology: Phil Collins who sings "You'll be in my Heart", and of course RT

Format: Song Lyrics – Bold

Format: Thoughts - Italics

Please insert Standard Disclaimer from Chapter 1 here.

Mother Nature Rock – 11 – Kouga

 

"Kagome?" the low rumble, softly called her from the lingering excitement of the dance, and she turned.

"Kouga!" she smiled brushing down her skirt and taking his hand. "Wasn't that fun, the dancing? Who knew Sesshoumaru could sing, did you?"

He grinned at her chatter as he led them to the rock and settled them a top it. "Nope, but then I didn't know you could move like that either.." His grin widened at the pink flushing her cheeks. "You're beautiful, " he whispered.

She glanced up at him from beneath her lashes and softly chided, " getting right to the wooing, huh?"

He took her small hand in his, "yea, but its true too. You are beautiful." Her hand trembled slightly in his as she shook her head in denial of his compliment her mouth opening to tell him why he had it wrong.

His fingers silenced her gently as he leaned close, "Kagome don't. I don't know what mutt-face has been saying to you but he couldn't be more wrong about this."

"But…?" she didn't have the opportunity to finish because he cut through what she meant to say.

"Kagome do you think that any of the guys who have sat where I am sitting now, and talked to you, danced with you, sang to you would have done so if they hadn't wanted to, wanted to be close to you, to have a moment with a very beautiful woman?"

She blinked in surprise.

His smile widened, "Never doubt it, you are beautiful." She blushed. Taking the opportunity he leaned close to draw in her scent and whisper in her ear "It's not going to be me is it?"

He felt her gasp and then the slow shake of her head. For a moment he felt his heart shatter and then he whispered "You know I am in love with you. Even though it all started out of a misplaced desire for power, I can admit that now. I still fell in love with you somewhere along the way. I want, wanted you to be my woman but I still knew as time went on that mutt face had captured you heart."

"Kouga.." she whispered.

He leaned closer his lips close to the tiny shell of her ear, "Let me finish." Kouga took a deep breath and continued to whisper "He doesn't deserve something as precious and as beautiful as you are. I'm not even sure I do, that any of us do. Still I can't help wishing it had been me who met you first, me who made you smile, me who protected you and kept you close, then maybe it would be me who got to belong to you now."

He heard her soft sob, and pulled her close to him "Don't, I'm not sad I don't regret it Kagome, not one minute of it. Come stop your crying it will be all right, just take my hand, hold it tight. "

He returned his lips to her ear "I will protect you from all around you I will be here don't you cry" he ran his claws softly through her ponytail, "For one so small, you seem so strong whenever you need me my arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm. This bond between us, can't be broken. I will be here don't you cry"

He pulled back and smiled at her the glow of love softening his eyes, 'Cause you'll be in my heart. Yes, you'll be in my heart, from this day on now and forever more.

He kissed her forehead, "You'll be in my heart no matter what they say. You'll be here in my heart always." then hugged her, "They won't understand the way we feel, they just don't trust what they can't explain. I know we're different but deep inside us we're not that different at all."

"We'll always be friends, Kagome, and you'll be in my heart. Yes, you'll be in my heart, from this day on now and forever more."

So soft he almost didn't hear "But Inuyasha and the others, Kouga they may not understand."

"Don't listen to them cause what do they know we need each other to have to hold, they'll see in time, I know. When destiny calls you, you must strong. I may not be with you. but you got to hold on."

"Don't worry Kagome, they'll see in time, I know, we'll show them together cause you'll be in my heart, believe me, you'll be in my heart. I'll be there from this day on now and forever more. You'll be in my heart, no matter what they say. You'll be here in my heart. Always.

"Always, I'll be with you. I'll be there for you always, always and always. Just look over your shoulder, Kagome, I'll be there always." He looked down at her and brushing her tears away, smiled.

Leaning down his lips close to her ears and he whispered. "This may not be the right time to tell you but I plan to mate Ayame."

Kagome burst out laughing, sniffling at the same time.

He grinned at her laughter and returned to whispering "Mutt face when he grows up will realize he loves you and when that happens he's never gonna let me have you, and well Ayame is one fine looking bitch. " He couldn't see it but instead felt Kagome's smile. "In time it'll be okay, little one, just know if you need me I will always be there"

Kagome threw her arms around Kouga and held him tightly, "Thank you Kouga."

The wolf prince lingered in her hug and whispered against her ear "You know dog boy hasn't been able to hear anything we've been discussing, besides I can't let him think he's won so easily so…."

Kouga pulled away enough to cup Kagome's cheek before slanting his lips over hers.

The kiss was sweet, lingering, and chaste but it was just about all Inuyasha could stand, "OI! Get your hands off her now, you scrawny wolf!"

Kouga smiled against Kagome's lips, pulled back then winking at her turned and gave the half demon a broad, satisfied, gloating grin before walking off in the direction of a fidgeting Ayame.

Inuyasha didn't notice. His eyes were locked on the kiss swollen lips of the girl that held his soul in her hands, finally it was his turn.

xx

x