InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Offline Dates ❯ Damned Exes ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Heyo all my loyal readers n.n *giggles* I got lazy again XP I'll try update more often, okies? Okies.

InuYashasLoveLorn - Thanks a lot. I appreciate it n.n

Now, on to the ficage! *geegles*


Chapter 6 - Damned Exes


It was't long after Inu Yasha returned home that he realized the actually had a good time. Kagome's giggles were infectious and he even caught himself grinning once or twice. She was a really nice person, filled with laughter and good humour...

The boy flopped back onto his bed with a small grin, which was precisely when his fated half-brother swung the door open.

"Sesshoumaru! Don't you knock?!"

"You aren't worth knocking for."

"...Bastard..."

"Well, well...what has you in such a good mood?" The hanyou tugged his pillow over his face and growled.

"None of your damn buisness, now get out of my room."

"Sanuki wanted me to inform you that dinner was ready."

"Sess...why don't you just call her mom?"

"...Because she's not." With that, the older demon slid the door closed with a soft click. Inu Yasha climbed off his bed and padded to the door when it burst open and a tiny girl bounded into his arms. He smiled and ruffled her tangled mane.

"Hello Rin. What did you do today?"

"Rin braided Sesshoumaru-sama's hair." The teen choked back a snort of laughter before shaking his head.

"I don't see why he won't get within twenty feet of any other human, yet he lets you play with his hair..."

"Sesshoumaru-sama says Rin is special." Inu Yasha hefted her up bridal style and smiled down at her warmly.

"You sure are, Rin."

With that, brother and adopted sister traipsed down for dinner together.



"Sango...can we leave YET?" Kagome whimpered, glancing at the racks of clothing suspiciously. She hated shopping with her best friend, as said companion would insist on trying on every outfit in the store. A gleeful gurgle passed the girl's lips at the affirmative nod from the taijiya and she bounded from the pink-filled room. She immediately steered Sango to the arcade where pointless amusements were awaiting her and her coins.

As her eyes adjusted to the immediate dim interior of the arcade, she carefully waded through the sea of teens to reach her favourite racing game.

She pouted when she saw the gathering around the mechanical seats before seeing that one of the seats was free. She contentedly hopped into it and the crowd went silent. Galncing over, she gasped, almost seeing a mirrored image of herself, only older.

"I see I have a challenger..."

"You can take her Kikyo!" The woman glared at the child wrathfully.

"Didn't I tell you to be quiet, Kaede? I only brought you along because mother insisted. I never even wanted a sister." Kaede's large brown eyes misted over and she went silent. Kagome scowled and slid in her coins.

"This win will be for your sister. I doubt she's had anything dedicated to her before." Kikyo twitched and slid her money in as well. As both girls chose their cars and settings, the crowd began to push in on them. It was only moments later when the race began did the noise level rise again. Cheers and shouts rang out as the two girls fought for supremacy. Kikyo continually pummeled the side of Kagome's car, intent on knocking her off the road and giving her a nice lead, but Kagome fought back.

The crowd 'ooh'ed and 'ahh'ed at the tense race, drawing more onlookers to their not-so-little group. Kagome was in the lead, but not by much. Silently, Kikyo congradulated the girl on her handling with a glare and turned her wheel to ram her again. Kagome, having seen the movement from the corner of her eye, pressed on the brake and watched with satisfaction as Kikyo was thrown off the road by her own force. It was then that the younger of the two got the lead and easily took the win.

"Well, that was interesting...if you didn't try and cheat so much, you might have won." Kagome flashed a smile at Kaede, then left the simmering Kikyo in favour of a drink.


Inu Yasha and Miroku squinted as they stepped into the arcade, glancing around for anyone they knew. The hanyou was automatically assaulted by Kikyo; his ex-girlfriend. Miroku growled low and refused to look in her direction.

"Inu-poo, I lost at racing today..." The boy's ears didn't even flick towards her speech. He continued glancing around, seemingly unaware that he had a woman hanging off his arm. It was then that he saw Kagome. Smiling slightly, he moved towards her, only to stop in his tracks when another male with long dark hair tugged up into a neat ponytail and bright blue eyes moved beside her and wrapped an am around her waist. She turned, her features moving from his view, but he saw when she shoved furiously at the vice-like appendage.

No worhtless punk was going to get HIS Kagome... Golden optics narrowed and the boy moved forward with feline grace, getting ready to pounce on the demon...


Aeryn ~.^