InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ On a Wing & a Prayer ❯ Returning Home ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[A/N: Hi there again. Oh, yeah. As I presumed you would be, a few of you were wondering if that was the ending. Of COURSE not! I KNOW you all want more Fluffy/Gina goodness. So, please enjoy. And as always, remember to review!! ^_^]

On a Wing & a Prayer

Part XIII: Returning Home

About five or six hours later, Sesshomaru's eyes slowly opened as he awoke. Light was streaming in through the cave's entrance, and the rain had since stopped. He hadn't even realized that he had drifted off to sleep. He smirked a bit, looking down at Gina, who was still asleep and cuddled up against him. He leaned down, gently kissing her on top of the head. He then shut his eyes, simply inhaling her scent, when she began to stir.

Gina opened her eyes about half way, taking a moment to remember where she was. When she did, she smiled big, sighing a little. "Oh, did I wake you?" Sesshomaru asked simply. "No," she replied tiredly, rubbing an eye, "How long was I asleep?" He didn't give an answer, simply shrugging his shoulders. Gina snuggled against him, smiling. She felt so safe. She never wanted to leave his arms again.

As she began to doze off again, he shook her slightly. "Do you want to return t my castle or live out the rest of your life in this cave?" he asked, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. She faked a slight laugh. "Ha ha ha, you're so funny," she said, pulling herself away. She leaned over and lightly kissed him before standing. Not looking where she was going, Gina stepped in a large pile of ash, left behind by the fire that had since burnt out.

Gina giggled a little. Usually, her mother would make her take a bath and change her clothes if she had gotten ash on herself. But that was then, she thought, and this is now. And now…I'm with Sesshomaru. She returned from her wistful thoughts when she felt an arm slip around her waist. As she looked up, the demon protectively pulled her closer. She quickly looked at his expression, and was quite worried.

"Sesshomaru…what is it?" she asked, sounding quite worried. He looked down at her, and then back at the entrance of the cave. "Nothing…" he replied slowly, glancing down at her worried expression, "It was nothing." But he still sounded uneasy.

As the couple walked slowly from the cave and through the forest, Sesshomaru, with Gina cuddling him intently, carefully eyed the forest. As his amber eyes darted back and forth, he couldn't help but wonder. Was there something out there? He had picked up the scent of demon, but for such a deep forest, that was completely usual. But…it was almost as though he could feel something watching them like a hawk and its treasured meal. As Gina felt his grasp around her tighten, she looked up.

"Are you sure everything alright?" she asked again. He nodded simply. And just like that, the suspicion was gone. But Sesshomaru still felt quite uneasy. "Come," he said icily, quickly dragging her along. "Sesshomaru! What is it?" Gina asked, sounding a little panicky. He looked down at her, growling a little. "Just stay quiet!" he hissed. She looked hurt when he said this, but of course, that was typical of him.

Sensing an odd feeling of being watched yet again, Sesshomaru's grip around Gina tightened protectively, and then out of nowhere, he leapt up into the air, carrying her along. Not expecting this, Gina gave a small squeak. He glanced down at her, smirking. "Don't worry. We'll get to my castle quicker this way," he replied.

Gina looked down, feeling as though she pass out. "Uh…Sesshomaru…did I mention…that I was ah…a-afraid of heights?" she asked. "No," he replied simply. As Gina clung to him for dear life, Sesshomaru touched down on a treetop, and with a sly smirk on his face, he pretended to drop her. S he did this, Gina let out a large shriek, not realizing that he was still hanging onto her. When she discovered at she wasn't falling to her death, she looked up at him, glaring.

"Don't DO that!!!" she yelled. Sesshomaur pulled her back into his firm grasp, chuckling a bit. "Do you actually think I'd let you fall to your demise?" he asked with a hint of sarcasm. "W-well…no," she replied simply. Sesshomaru's smirk faded, and he pulled her into a kiss. As Gina melted against him, the proud demon lord pulled away, and leapt back into the air.