InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Reunion ❯ Chapter 42: The battle begins ( Chapter 42 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Chapter 42
 
A/N: Greetings, my friends. It is so good to be back. Thank you for the reviews for this story and for the others that I have started. And, to answer one reviewer, I haven't been able to write much on my novel. I lost everything that I had written when my computer crashed so I have to pretty much start over. Bites in a major way! I know that you folks are ready for me to get on with it, so on with the torture. As usual, I don't own Inuyasha.
 
Takara awoke slowly. The smells of where ever she was assaulted her nose before she opened her eyes. Damp, mildew, death, corruption, and the musk of lower demons nauseated her, almost causing her to gag.
 
“You're awake.” spoke a soft male voice. It was far from comforting, though. The softness could not hide the malice, the evil contained in the voice.
 
Takara opened her eyes to see a man before her with long, dark hair. The slight smile that he had on his face was disturbing and somehow familiar.
 
The man tilted his head to one side slightly as he examined her. “Astonishing!” he exclaimed, softly. “Except for the ears, you are her exact image.” He reached out and gently caressed her face, smiling as she jerked away from his hand.
 
“You have spirit. That is good.” The man looked eager. “It is always more satisfying to feel that kind of fire rage against you and be held in check by your own strength.”
 
Takara struggled against the bonds that held her.
 
“That's it. Struggle against your bonds. It makes your body do such interesting things.”
 
“I'll show you interesting things when I break free.” she spat at him.
 
The man chuckled at her. “That won't be happening anytime soon. Your bonds are a part of my body and I am much stronger than you.”
 
Takara quickly glanced up at her hands and saw that it wasn't ropes that held her, but some kind of pulsating mass. She shivered in disgust and tried to pull her hands out of the bonds again but failed. Panting, she glared at her captor. “I don't know who you are but when Lord Tanaka and Lord Sesshoumaru find out that you have me, they will come for me.”
 
“Indeed?” asked the man. Takara began to have some hope as the man looked slightly worried. “Perhaps it would be better to release you, then, and let you be on your way.”
 
Takara's rising hopes were quickly dashed as the man smiled at her wickedly. “Then again, I would hate to lose my new toy before I had a chance to play with it.” He reached out to touch her face again. As she turned her head from his touch, he hooked the neck of her garment and ripped it down, exposing her breasts and stomach, bringing a startled scream from her.
 
The man stepped back to admire his handiwork as Takara tried in vain to cover herself. She froze as the man reached out again and slowly ran his finger down her cleavage. “Such beauty.” he murmured. “And this time I don't have to share it.” Suddenly, his hand darted up to grab the hair on the back of her head. Painfully, he yanked her head back. Looking her in the eyes, he hissed. “My name is Naraku, bitch. And before this day is over, you will be screaming it. In pain or in pleasure matters not, but you will scream it.” That said he brought his face down to kiss her roughly, forcing his tongue into her mouth.
 
Takara did the one thing left open to her. She bit down, hard. Her gorge rose in protest as she felt her teeth cut through his tongue, but she was not going to let him do this to her without a fight!
 
With a muffled curse, Naraku jerked back, blood streaming from his mouth. Takara felt a moment of triumph as she spat out the piece of tongue that she had in her mouth. That moment quickly passed as the piece of tongue began to squirm across the floor until it reached Naraku's foot, where it merged with his body. As she watched, he spat a couple more times, and then stuck out the stump of his tongue. She watched in disgust as the flesh writhed and the tongue reformed itself. She barely had time to take this in before his arm began writhing and transformed into a tentacle that slashed out and backhanded her.
 
“I trust that this has shown you the futility of fighting me.” Naraku stated, calmly. “As you can see,” he stuck out his tongue, transformed it into a snakes tongue, and then pulled it back into his mouth, “you cannot harm me permanently. However,” he brought his tentacle back to slap her again, “I can do a great deal of damage to you. Behave and you might live through this day.”
 
Takara drew herself up as best she could. “You may be able to rape me but I will never submit to you.”
 
Naraku shrugged. “Have it your way. Personally, I like it better when you fight. It makes it that much sweeter when I break you.” He moved in and grabbed the ripped edges of her clothing, preparing to rip it the rest of the way off her when a massive explosion rocked the castle.
 
88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888888
 
Minutes before
 
“There's the castle.” Sesshoumaru stated to Inuyasha. He began to increase his speed.
 
“Slow down, Sesshoumaru. I've been thinking and I've got a plan.”
 
“What plan of yours could do us any good?” growled Sesshoumaru.
 
Inuyasha smirked. “Depends on what you can do.” At Sesshoumaru's raised eyebrow, Inuyasha explained his plan. Sesshoumaru's eyebrow went even higher. Slowly, he smiled a vicious smile.
 
“Outoto, I need to reevaluate my opinion of your intelligence.”
 
“Feh!” Inuyasha snorted, still smirking. “I've always said that I ain't stupid.”
 
“True.” conceded Sesshoumaru as he began to put Inuyasha's plan into action. “Just uncivilized, ill mannered, and rude.”
 
“A guys got to have some fun somehow.” Was all Inuyasha had time to retort, before the brothers began their attack.
 
88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888888
 
Naraku left Takara in the dungeons of his manor house as he raced out to see what had caused the explosion. He entered his courtyard to find it in a shambles, with one of the walls of his fortifications blown away. A massive, three legged dog stood in the gap were his wall had once stood and a familiar figure in red stood on its back with a huge sword.
 
His rage at being interrupted escalated as he saw who it was that had interrupted him. “Damn Inuyasha and his high and mighty brother!” He watched as his men rallied and formed ranks to try to repel the invaders. `Typical humans. Thinking they can fight those two. At least they will provide a distraction until my true forces come to my aid.” He smirked at the thought. `Soon, I will add the great dog lord to my substance, and then I will relish his anguish as I take his new woman.' This thought pleased him as he watched the soldiers begin to attack Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru.
 
88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888888
 
Inuyasha's plan had been simple. Sesshoumaru's dog form was damn near irresistible. He figured that a huge white dog dropping out of the sky would have an unnerving effect on the soldiers that inhabited the castle. Of course, unleashing a Kazi no Kizu at the same time as Sesshoumaru smashed into the wall didn't hurt. Sesshoumaru glared at the soldiers as they began to rally and growled.
 
“Don't kill them.” Inuyasha admonished.
 
`Do not presume to tell me who I may kill and who I may not kill. If they get in my way, they die.' Sesshoumaru growled in inuyoukai.
 
Inuyasha shook his head. “Growling like a dog and it still sounds like you've got a stick up your ass.”
 
`If you don't want any humans to die, get them out of my way.'
 
“I'm working on it!” Inuyasha snarled as he unleashed a Kazi no Kizu at the ground in front of the gathering soldiers. They were blasted back, some into unconsciousness, some with injuries that took them out of the fight. Inuyasha's hackles rose as he felt malevolent eyes on him. He scanned the courtyard and found the source of his unease. “Naraku! Sesshoumaru, there's the bastard!”
 
“ONIGUMO!” Sesshoumaru bellowed, understood even in his dog form. “Give me back my mate and I will give you a quick death. Hold her from me and I will make you pay for my first mate before I kill you!”
 
If Naraku was startled by the use of his human name, he did not show it. Instead, he smiled. “Such choices.” He shouted back. “As attractive as they sound, I believe I will go for a third choice.” With that, he snapped his fingers. Kagura rose from behind one of the remaining walls on her feather. Kanna stepped out of the doorway behind Naraku and focused her mirror on the remaining humans who could fight and took control of them. And, lastly, the gates to the castle opened and in ran a large pack of ookami, the remainder of Kouga's tribe. Naraku's smile grew wider at the looks of anger and grim determination that passed over the brothers faces. “I believe you recognize my associates. They will exercise my third option for me.” He turned his attention to his gathered forces. “Kill the hanyou; I have no use for him. But bring me the demon lord alive. His strength will add to my own. Besides,” he paused, “he wants to see his mate, so I will show her to him … from inside me!”
 
 
 
A/N: Next chapter, the brothers do what they were always meant to do. They kick ass! With a little help from their friends, of course. One other thing, I may be a couple of weeks getting this next chapter out. I am collaborating on a story with SimplyALady and I will be writing a chapter for it. It's called `Cat-alyst' and is my attempt at a more humorous story. Lady asked if she could help with it and, liking her work, I agreed. Hopefully it will turn out as good as it is going in my head. Until next time, Fyrloche.