InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ School Days ❯ Crushes ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
id:7754491

Hey everyone I so wanted to try this story out so I'm going to give it a shot. Hope you like it and if you do or have any other opinions NO FLAMING, please feel free to REVIEW.
Misaki: Stubborn, Hard working, Student Council, friendly and easily aggravated. MOMOKO AND KAEDE ARE STILL RELATED TO HER. Age 17
Kagome: WE ALL KNOW HOW SHE IS. Her and Misaki are friends. She is usually busy with her grandfathers shrine. Age 17
Bankotsu: Bad boy, bad student. Got by on D's and C's. Bully, loves fighting, ect. Age 17.
You'll see more characters.

It was 11:00 am. It was third period, Ancient History. Hojo, a boy with sandy brown hair and blue eyes, was sitting in class not paying the teacher any mind. He was to busy gazing at the girl sitting in front of him. The girl sitting in front of him was none other then Kagome Higurashi. His faced was flushed from just staring at her back. "Okay, class now is dismissed." He heard the teacher say.
Everyone in the class were already packed up, and left. Since Hojo wasn't paying attention he had to stay behind and pack. He was a bit upset about this because he wanted to catch up to Kagome. His two friends waited for him. One was short with huge glasses. The other was tall, and skinny with a bowl cut.
Once Hojo was finished he got up and left. His friends followed. Hojo walked with his head down. He heaved a heavy sigh. His friends could clearly see something was wrong with him. They suddenly walked in front of him; causing him to cease walking.
"What's wrong with you, Hojo?" The short one said.
Hojo blinked, he then sighed. "My parents said that they want me to bring a young lady home. They said it's about time I have a high school sweet heart. My family is big on marriage and stuff, so I guess that's the reason." He said sighing again.
His friends stared at each other confused. "Soooo, what's the problem? There's plenty of girls that like you." The tall one said.
Hojo leaned against the wall. "I'm not fond of those girls though," He said sighing and closing his eyes.
His friends looked at each other again. "We know who you are fond of." The said in unison grinning. Hojo opened his eyes. "KAGOME," they said again in unison.
Hojo blushed. He looked away from them and nodded. Maybe I can ask her out? He thought to himself. He then lifted himself off the wall. He began to walk again. "Where are you going? To the cafeteria?" His short friend ask.
"If Kagome's there then yes. I want to find her and ask her on a date." Hojo said.
Him and his friends continued their walk around the building. After a few minutes they finally spotted Kagome. She was exiting from one of the classrooms. She had a box lunch in hand. She was wearing the girls school uniform. It consist of a white button up, a blue bow, around the neck; a navy blue sweater; also a blue and white plaid skirt.
She noticed Hojo walking up to her. She waved and gave him a warm smile. "Hi, Hojo."
"Hey, Kagome. Sooooo how's it gong." He said.
"Fine, how about you?"
"Well I am-," suddenly footsteps could be heard. This disrupted Hojo from what he was about to say. Kagome and Hojo both looked to see who was coming. Once Hojo seen who it was he tried to go back to what he was saying, but Kagome's attention was on the said person walking by.
That said person was Kai. Kai was a real kind guy and was in good terms with just about everyone. He had dark brown eyes and hair, which was pulled into a ponytail. Kagome's eyes were glued to him. Hojo was speaking, but soon stopped realizing that she wasn't paying him any attention. Once Kai passed Kagome's attention went back to Hojo.
"Sorry, Hojo, what were you saying?"
"Ummm, nothing I was finished. Well I guess I'll catch you later." He then turned around and waved goodbye. She waved back and went on her way. Hojo's friends followed him
"Hey, why didn't you ask her out?" The tall one asked.
Hojo remained silent. "I think I know," the short one asked, "Is it because of Kai?"
Hojo gave a grunt, "She's obviously into him." He suddenly stopped walking. Ceasing his friends as well. "Well maybe you can ask out another girl. Even if the other girl may not be to your liking, at least it'll shut your parents up, right?" The skinny one asked.
"I don't want to ask out a girl I don't like, but Kagome isn't the only girl I like. Hojo said the last part in a whisper. His short friend with glasses had heard him.
"You like someone else?" He asked. Hojo nodded. His friends eyes widened. "Who?" They said in unison.
"Well, she's the only other girl I like. It's Misaki."
His friends gasped. "YOU LIKE WHO."
"Misaki," He repeated.
"You can't like her!" The short one said.
"Why not?"
"Why not, what do you mean why not! Are you trying to get it!"
"What are you talking about?" Hojo said furrowing his eyebrows.
"Well she's off limits." The short one said.
"What do you mean she's off limits, I've could have swore Misaki was single."
"Well she is, but she's still off limits. Bankotsu has a thing for her."
Hojo raised an eyebrow. Bankotsu hardly came to school, he is a delinquent. His short friend continued.
"I made a move on her once and Bankotsu noticed. He threw me against the wall. He told me not to do it again. We and our other friends try to stay away from her now."
"We believe they both have a thing for each other." The tall one said.
"I don't believe they both have a thing for each other. I can't blame him if he likes Misaki, but why would Misaki like him." Hojo said as he continued to walk. Hojo walked until he reached the roof. Once they got there his friends stepped back.
"What're you doing, Bankotsu's up here?" The tall one said in a whisper. Hojo ignored him and cracking the roof entrance door. He peeked through it. He could see Bankotsu sparing with some other delinquents.
The short one looked at his wrist watch. "We have to get to class." Hojo slowly shut the door, glancing at Bankotsu one last time. Hojo went to his next class. It was Calculus. Kai was in his class; he sat behind Hojo.
Hojo couldn't help but hear Kai's conversation with another male student. And what they were talking about got him quite interested. "So you like Misaki?" The other male ask.
"Shhh, keep quiet. I haven't even told her."
"Why not?"
"I don't think she likes me. We're good friends, but I doubt she has feelings for me."
"Well it's worth a shot. Even if you don't want to be so straight forward try to get her to at least go out with you."
"I'll think about it."
Great now Kai. He's a problem lots of girls like him; he is definitely a threat when it comes to Misaki. That Bankotsu crap I don't by at all. He thought to himself.

The rest of the day went by and it was a drag for Hojo. He had stayed a little after his last class for club. It wasn't really his club but his Tall friends. The three of them was walking down the hall. They stopped because they noticed Bankotsu leaning against the wall. He was just a little down the hall and was leaning against the wall near a classroom.
Bankotsu had his hands behind his back. After a couple of more minutes a girl walked out. She walked right pass Bankotsu not noticing him. "Took you long enough," He spoke, "Misaki."
The said girl turned around. She had long straight black hair that reached her bottom. It was pulled down into a ponytail, she also had a parted bang. Her eyes were big and dark blue. She gave him a warm smile, "Hey, Bankotsu, you were waiting for me?"
"We do walk home together, well at least most times." He responded.
She smiled again, "True. Hey, you better vote for me for school council president."
"I don't hardly be in school. Besides I don't care for that stuff."
She gave a sad smile. "Yes, sadly." He got off the wall and they walked off.
Hojo was still in the same spot. He had a sad expression on his face. It seems as if they're close. Sigh, maybe they do have a thing for each other. He thought.

"Thanks for walking me Bankotsu," Misaki said blushing.
"No problem," He said turning waving bye. Miskai took her key out and unlocked her door. Inside her home Misaki's mother was in the kitchen. Momoko was preparing dinner. Momoko looks like an older Misaki, aside from her longer hair; which reaches her knees. She wears blue eye shadow and red lip stick. Misaki walked into the kitchen without her mother noticing.
She crept up behind Momoko and jumped on her back, "MOM!" She yelled with her arms wrapped around her mother. Her mother smiled, "Good afternoon, Misaki."
Her mother turned around, "So how was school?" She asked her daughter.
"It was fine-" She was interrupted by her mothers coughing. "Are you alright, Mom?"
"I'm fine...Cough...Don't...Worry." Momoko said between coughs.
Miaki raised an eyebrow, "If you say so. You might have a cold. I'm going upstairs now."
Momoko smiled. Once Misaki was upstairs continued coughing. She got a napkin and wiped her mouth.

Hojo was walking home alone. He was walking with his head down. He sighed, So I like Misaki and Kagome, but there's a problem. Kagome just had to like Kai didn't she? And why is Misaki close to Bankotsu, UGH. He ceased walking. I got it. I'll make sure Kagome and Misaki isn't interested in anyone anymore. He then gave an evil laugh. "One of them will be mine...Soon."
It was Monday afternoon, and most students were enjoying their lunches with their friends. Hojo was sitting at a desk alone in a classroom. His two friends walked in. "So what's up, you texted us about some plan?" His tall friend had asked.
"Yeah, I think I know how I could get attention of Kagome and I think I know how to get Misaki's attention off of Bankotsu." He said grinning. His two friends stared at each other.
Kagome, Misaki and a couple of other girls were all sitting in a classroom eating. They were laughing and conversing. "So who do you think is the hottest guy; Bankotsu, Kai, or Hojo." A dark, red head asked. Kagome accidentally spit some food out and Misaki nearly choked.
"I say Hojo, he is soooooo cute." A brown hair girl said.
"But, Bankotsu's hot!" The red hair said.
"And, Kai...He's just so dreamy." A long brown haired girl said.
"What about you two. Kagome and Misaki!" They said in unison, looking at the two quiet girls. Their eyes widened and they looked at each other. "Ummmm" Misaki said blinking. Kagome held her mouth open, with her fork to it.
"Oh come on, Misaki, we all know who you like." The long haired girl said leaning closer. She put her chin in her palm, grinning.
"What are you talking about? I don't like anyone," She said taking in a spoonful of rice. She closed her eyes and furrowed her eyebrow as she chewed.
"Yes you do...You like Bankotsu." The brown haired girl said. Misaki nearly choked again. Kagome handed her a napkin. Misaki coughed in it and wiped her mouth. After she was finished she spoke, "You guys are delusional."
"No we're not, you so like him! Just admit it." The red head said.
"I do not! End of discussion!"
"Stop lying, Misaki, you're not fooling anyone." The red head said folding her arms.
Misaki stood up, "What ever." She started to walk out the class.
"Where are you going?" Kagome asked.
"Bathroom."
Misaki was walking in the empty hall. Then all of a sudden she was pulled around a corner. She was slammed against the wall. "Ahh," she looked up to see who had did it. "Damn it, Bankotsu, you didn't have to be so freaking rough." She said frowning. "I'm a bit surprised you're still in school."He grinned and placed both his hands on both sides of her head.
"So, you don't like me huh?" He said leaning his head a bit closer.
Misaki blushed, "You heard all that?" She said looking away from him.
"Yeah. I know you were lying, I know you like me." Her gaze returned to him. "I know you like me and you know I like you."
"So what." She whispered. It is true Misaki does like Bankotsu. She knew this ever since second year, when they first became friends. Misaki was Bankotsu's only good friend. All his other friends were bad just like him. He even stole her first kiss that year. That happened when he realized he liked her, but unlike him Misaki isn't open with her feelings (obviously).
"So you should stop with this and just become my girl. And I might just give you a ride on my motorcycle." Misaki gave him a small push.
"Shut up!" She said averting gaze once again. "Maybe I would if you changed."
He moved closer to her, pressing his body against hers. Misaki could feel her heart racing. He moved one of his hands off the wall and placed it on her waist. Using his other hand to move her gaze back to him. He then pressed his lips against hers. Misaki could feel her face become really hot.
He pulled away from the kiss, and whispered, "I might if you gave me a chance." With that he removed his body from hers and walked off. Once he was out of sight Misaki slid down the wall. She let out a sigh and gripped the side of her head. "He really knows how to get to me."
Maybe I could try it. She gave a smile, Me and Bankotsu huh? After a few more seconds of thinking she stood up and finally walked to the bathroom.

Kagome was walking to her Chemistry class. Hojo and his friends were walking the opposite direction. Hojo noticed kagome and stopped. "There's Kagome. You two know what to do when you see Misaki and Bankotsu right?" They nodded. "Good, I'll handle her. Catch you two later." they started to walk off. "Remember to keep me updated," and with that he walked over to Kagome.
"Hey, Kagome."
Kagome looked up, "Oh, hey Hojo."
"Where ya headed." He said smiling.
"I'm on my way to my Chemistry class."
"That's nice. I like Chemistry. Are you fond of the subject."
"Not really. I am not good in that subject, but Misaki is in that class with me and there's always..." She stopped what she was saying and blushed.
"Kagome, you're blushing." Hojo said tilting his head.
"What!" She waved her hands. "Um..I was..Hehehe...That's weird."
"It's ok. I do know you also have that class with Kai. I can tell that you like him."
Kagome could feel her face heating up. "Wh-What."
"You're making it more obvious, Kagome." Kagome put her head down. "But, not to be the barrer of bad news, I heard he liked Misaki."
Kagome's head shot up. "Misaki?" My friend Misaki. Oh god I hope not. I know they're friends, but that can't be true right.
"Yes. I over heard him last week."
"I see." Kagome waved bye and continued her walk to class. I hope it was just a misunderstanding, or a lie. But why would Hojo lie. She shook her head trying to get the heartbreaking thoughts out of her head.
Once she got to class she sat her self next to Misaki. "Why are you late?" Misaki asked. "Um..I got caught up in a hallway conversation." She replied. She looked at Kai, who was seated next to Misaki. Why is that bothering me? They're good friends, and it's normal for friends to sit next to each other. The teacher started to speak. Kagome had to push her thoughts aside.
After class Kagome rushed out. After hearing what Hojo told her she just couldn't be around them. "Kagome?" Misaki shouted, but Kagome was already down the hall. Oh well. I wonder if Bankotsu is still in school? She thought as she began to walk as well. I guess I could go find him.

Hojo's two friends were in an empty hall looking pass the corner. They watched to see if anyone was coming. The coast was clear. They turned around to a girl who was beside them. The short one pulled some money out of his pocket.
"Here's the money. You remember what to do once Bankotsu comes right?" He asked handing her the money.
She snatched it from him. "Hell yeah I know. This ought to be fun."
Good thing we got her to do this. She's one of the baddest and sluttiest girls, and on top of that she knew that Bankotsu would come down these halls! The tall one thought.
"He's coming," the short one said, "Remember to turn the flirting up a notch once you get around Misaki."
"With pleasure," She grinned and made her way to Bankotsu.
"Hey, Bankotsu!" The girl yelled as she waved her hand.
"Sup."
She stopped once she got in front of him. "Nothing just looking for you," She said winking.
Bankotsu raised an eyebrow, "And why is that."
She grabbed his arm, "Oh come on don't start playing shy now, Bankotsu." She squeezed his arm. She then noticed that Misaki was making her way down the hall. The girl smirked.
"Let go smut." Bankotsu spat. The lifted her head up to his face. "Why?" She said before placing a kiss on his lips.
Misaki was just several feet away, when she noticed another girl was kissing Bankotsu. She didn't bother to see what happens next. She turned around and stormed off. Tears threatening her eyes. How could he! I thought he liked me. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.
Bankotsu pushed the girl off of him. "What the hell is wrong with you!" The girl just smiled. "Do some shit like that again and you'll sure regret it."
He then walked pass the girl, bumping her in the process. She still carried a smirk on her face. Once Bankotsu was out of sight the two guys came out of hiding. They exchanged smiles with the girl.
"Time to text Hojo." The tall, skinny one said taking his phone out to do so.
Hojo was standing on a stairwell. He soon heard his phone beep. He checked it. Once he seen the text saying mission accomplished, he grinned.

It was the end of the school day, and everyone was preparing to leave. Misaki was on her way out of the building when Kai walked in front of her. "Hey, Misaki,why the long face? Is something the matter?" He asked with a concern look.
She shook her head, "Nothing, I'm alright."
Okay, Kai now's the time to get the courage to ask her out. He took a deep breath, "So, Misaki, I was wondering if you would like to go out with me this weekend?'
Misaki eyes widened. She wasn't expecting her friend to ask her that. "Ummm...Like a date?" She asked. He nodded while blushing. Misaki was quiet. She didn't know what to say. Suddenly she saw Bankotsu walking up.
The event,of Bankotsu and that girl, from earlier started to play in her mind. She frowned, "Actually I'd love that!"
Kai gave a wide smile. "Really?" He asked and she nodded with a smile. "Great! Well, would you also mind grabbing a cup of tea with me today?"
"Sure sounds cool." She said. Kai smiled again and gave her a hug; Misaki returned the hug. "I have to get my math book. Wait here I'll be right back." He then walked off.
After Kai left, Misaki felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to a not so happy Bankotsu.
"What the hell, Misaki! Is this some kind of joke? Since when do you become interested in Kai?"
She turned back around. "Answer me!" Her head snapped towards him, "What the hell do you care!"
"What do you mean, you know I like you and I thought-"
Misaki cut him off, "You're a big liar. I was stupid to think you cared! I was stupid to believe you...you SHIT FACE!" She then stormed off to go find Kai.
Bankotsu stood there shocked. What the hell just happened? Does she not like me? Why is she acting like this? He put his hands inside of his black school jacket and walked outside.
Unknown to the three of them, Kagome also saw the whole thing. So, Kai really does like her and now they're going to go on a date. She placed her hand in the center of her chest. She felt so upset that what Hojo had told her was true. She felt so...Jealous of Misaki at the moment.
Hojo suddenly appeared by Kagome's side. Damn! Couldn't get Misaki. Oh well there's still Kagome. "So you saw what just played out huh?" Kagome nodded. "I'm sorry, Kagome, I wish it weren't true."
Kagome sighed. Hojo smirked. "Maybe we could go on a date of our own sometime. It may help you feel better." Kagome looked up at him. "Yeah maybe. I'll think about. I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow." she waved bye and walked off. Hojo stood there smirking.

Kai and Misaki were finally leaving the building. "Tea will be my treat okay." He said giving Misaki a warm smile. She smiled and nodded. "Sadly I forgot my wallet at my dads place." He said scratching his head.
"Well then I'll treat." Misaki said.
"No no. I insist on treating. He doesn't live to far from the school and you never met my dad have you?"
Misaki shook her head, "Well if you insist. Lead the way."
Kai walked ahead and Misaki followed. Thewalked for about 7 minutes until they reached a home surrounded by bushes and trees. Kai turned around to Misaki, "Here we are." Misaki smiled.
Kai opened the gate to the front yard and they entered. They walked up the stairs and Kai knocked on the door. A few seconds some one came to open the door. A tall man with straight,shoulder length brown hair appeared. "Hello son." The man said.
"Hey dad. Oh this is my friend, Misaki."
His father looked at the said girl. "Hello I've heard plenty about you."
Misaki was quiet. Her eyes were wide and filled with fear. That's him. That's the man. No no no! She stepped back and shook her head.
"Misaki, what's wrong?" Kai asked.
"I gotta go!" With that she ran down the steps and left. Kai stood on his fathers porch confused.

Kagome was walking home alone. She held her head down, thinking about what she seen today. This really sucks! She thought. She wasn't really paying attention to her surroundings. So she didn't notice she crossed the street and a big, red truck was coming towards her. She snapped out of her thoughts once she heard the loud honks.
Her eyes widen in fright and she froze. The truck was so close. "Look out!" she heard someone yelling. Next thing she knew she was on the ground with a figure on top of her. The person on top of her sat up and looked at her. The person was a young man. He had very long and thick black hair; and had big brown eyes.
"What the hell! Where was your mind, you need to pay attention when crossing the street!"
She sat up as well, "I know I'm sorry. Thanks for saving me." She said.
He stood up and brushed himself off. "Well pay attention next time, geesh." He then walked away. Kagome stood up and dusted herself off as well. There was a few people standing around looking at her. Kagome blushed out of embarrassment. She bent over to pick up her bag and walked off.
BE MY INSPIRATION AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIKED.

Converting /tmp/phpN62PQ2 to /dev/stdout