InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ Eyes like Cyanide ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Shades of Gray ~<>~
 
 
~<>~ Chapter 4 ~<>~ eyes like cyanide
 
 
Kagome had believed her day couldn't really sink much lower then the point where InuYasha embarrassed her in the cafeteria. Walking away from the insufferable boy was hard enough, keeping her hands in tight fists the entire time, and her day hadn't really progressed deeper into the realm of darkness…until it was time for her Literature two class. Sure that she would know at least someone in the class, Kagome had been eager to get into the room and reunite with old friends. Bustling into the room nearly fifteen minutes early, she found her conclusion somewhat correct, only the person she knew was the last person on earth she wanted to see. The long black hair, pulled back into a ponytail at the base of his neck, was enough of an indicator of who the jerk was sitting in the middle row of the class, but the name on the back of his coat said it all. Stopping fully in the doorway, Kagome gawked for a minute then checked the room number, praying she had gone dyslexic for a moment and read the rooms wrong, but of course there was no such luck on her side. She let out a resigned sigh and continued her trek into the class, debating whether to sit in the back of the room or the front.
 
Violet eyes turned over broad shoulders and addressed the girl with mirth. The snide smile that graced his face was enough to want to make her hit him, but the arrogance in his voice made her wish far darker things onto the man in front of her. “I didn't know you even knew how to read, Kagome, let alone pass your W.P.E's.*”
 
Kagome dropped her book bag to the floor with a resonating thud, her eyes narrowing to tiny slits as her hands once again curled into dangerous fists. “Let's talk about passing classes, InuYasha. How many years have you been in college? Seven?”
 
InuYasha shrugged his shoulders casually then kicked off the ground and swiveled in his seat to face Kagome, propping his right elbow on his desk to balance his weight as he stared at her. The smile that seeped across his face was toxic. “What can I say; I'm going for the full college experience. And if you could count, which I know is beyond you, you would know it's only been five years I've been here.”
 
Kagome blinked twice before dropping into the chair next to him and leaning across the isle. Her brown eyes bore into his as she fumed in her own little world. How dare he mock her intelligence? The boy was a complete idiot when it came to anything to do with academics; with what room did he have to talk? “No, InuYasha…you're just enjoying being left behind because of how afraid you are of the real world. You're petty, and seriously immature.”
 
InuYasha reared back, hell brimming on the tip of his tongue. “Petty? You want to talk about petty? You're a fucking Higurashi! I think the name speaks for its own, but if not, then allow me to reminisce. You're too good for anyone; I think you'd sooner slit your throat then allow someone outside of your social circle of snobs touch you. You're a bitch…a fucking frigid one at that, and, oh yes…a bitch!”
 
Kagome chewed on her tongue, swallowing any insults her mind was screaming to be released. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of seeing her get riled up at his words, she had played his game far to long as it was. She raised a thin eyebrow and barked back at him, “and the name Taisho is any better? Please! You're father owns half the economy, your brother own the other half, and yet I'm the rich-bitch. I got you now. Thank you so much, Inu-kun, for clearing that up for me. My life is now complete. I am a bitch because parents are rich.”
 
InuYasha smirked and aimed below the belt, “no, because your father's family is rich…and you're mothers alimony just sucks it out of him. You're not even rich, Kagome; you're rich by association.”
 
Kagome's mouth dropped open as she heard all the conversations around the classroom die. Snapping her jaw closed, she quickly retorted, “Can you even hear yourself? God, Inu, you are such a bastard!”
 
“And you're a bitch!”
 
Kagome turned and faced the front of the room, intent on ignoring the boy to her right.
 
InuYasha's violet eyes stared at Kagome unabashed, seething in anger. Yeah, he had hit her below the belt but the bitch deserved it. Why did the Gods insist on punishing him? What had he done this time to deserve it? To deal with Kagome when he was with Kikyo was one thing…but to have the girl with him in class…
 
“Bastard.”
 
InuYasha spun to face her. “What was that, short bus? I'm sorry, I can't understand you muttering! If you have something to say bitch, then speak up!”
 
Kagome glanced at the boy next to him. “You are a bastard.” She didn't want to show how much his words tore into her about her father. So what if he was technically right? Her father's family was filthy rich, and her mother…well…the woman actually worked to earn her money, but it wasn't anything substantial. Her father had been her piggy-bank for her entire life…up until her folks got their divorce. Since then her father had been dead to her. For InuYasha to just about divulge her personal life to the class…god she hated the pompous ass.
 
Hearing the door click open, Kagome had never been more ready for a distraction. Praying it was the teacher, her eyes instead fell on a young girl, maybe a year younger then herself, of whom she had never seen before. The girl fell into the seat right behind Kagome and pulled a notebook from her blue backpack. Kagome turned to stare at the backpack then at the girl for a moment. No student in Monmouth really carried a backpack. It was seriously passé and taking a longer gander at her outfit, Kagome wondered for a moment if the girl realized how many snobs surrounded her at that very moment, criticizing every fade from wear, not fashion, which lined her pants or the way that the black in her shirt clashed with the silver in her shoes.
 
With a blink that was long coming, Kagome nearly smashed her hand over her mouth. By God did she sound just like her cousin! Her stomach churned as she shook her head slightly, trying to ward out all thoughts that echoed just like Kikyo in her brain. How could she, for one moment, debase herself to judging this girl by her outfit?
 
“Hi.”
 
Kagome blinked, realizing that this girl was addressing her, and must have noticed her blatant stare. Kagome thought about turning around out of sheer embarrassment. Here she had sat in total judgment of this girl and had been caught red handed doing so. She felt lower then pond scum at the current moment, and that itself was an accomplishment with the living personification of that level of being sitting directly to her right. “Hi,” Kagome addressed weakly, and then offered a sheepish smile. “Sorry…but I haven't seen you around campus before. Are you new?”
 
The girl's smile brightened as she bobbed her head. She was tinier then Kagome, probably a year or two younger as well. She seemed to hold no reverence to the critical eye bestowed upon her moments ago, waving it off as nothing of importance. Resting her pale chin on an up-propped fist, the girl shrugged her shoulders. “Yeah, this is my first semester here. I just transferred from Ocean County College. To be honest, this is my first class on campus, and I'm kind of nervous. I don't know anyone here!” she smiled and tilted her head, as if in reflection, “not that I knew anyone back there except for maybe a few who didn't really like me…” with a giggle, she shook her head and waved her free hand at the wall, “not that it matters…hey, I'm ranting aren't I?” The blush that adorned the girl's cheeks was slightly endearing. “I'm sorry…I do that. You can always tell me to shut up; I won't take offense to it!”
 
Kagome laughed out of jest, shaking her head at the girl's airiness. “Its okay, don't worry about it. I'm Kagome, by the way…Kagome Higurashi.” Extending her hand, Kagome waited for the girl's introduction
 
The girl eagerly took her hand, glancing once at the polished nails that were attached the girl's fingers as if the acrylic was made of gold. “Hi! I'm Rin…Rin Shinski. I really like that pattern…I never have the time to get my nails done, besides I'll only break them within an hour, and if I don't, the…”
 
To their right, another voice joined in their conversation. “And my name is Bond…James Bond. But you can call me Yash.”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes to stare at the boy next to her, a look of death on her face. “Listen you piece of…” She stopped dead when laugher hit her ears. Turning back to look in aghast at the girl, she was shocked to see the smile that covered Rin's face. Was this girl stupid? She was actually laughing at one of InuYasha's lame jokes?
 
“And you're humorous, also! You must be good to have around for a laugh. My name's Rin. Not that you weren't just eavesdropping on our conversation so you already know that but…” pausing, the girl pressed a finger to her mouth then laughed and scratched her head under the base of her ponytail. “Sorry.”
 
InuYasha winked at the girl and leaned back in his seat, and purred out in a voice that could have made Yura blush, “I'm good to have around for other things as well.” The tone changed like winds before a tornado, and a hellish condescension joined his lusty tone, “Just ask Kagome…oh wait, that's right, I don't touch things that I don't know where they've been.”
 
Kagome flipped InuYasha off with a smile, “then should I really ask how you dress yourself in the morning?”
 
InuYasha leaned into the verbal jibe, moving his face closer to Kagome, “I don't need to. You're cousin does it for me.”
 
Kagome lashed back with an abundant amount of venom, “again, I reiterate; no one knows where you've been…”
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow and sat back into his chair. Folding his hands behind his head, he cooed out, “I've been around the world, Kagome, around the world…”
 
Kagome smirked and shot back, “and you've picked up enough diseases to kill a small pony.”
 
InuYasha shrugged, “at least I've accomplished something in life. Unlike you, you damn shrew; I know how to have a good time.”
 
“…and give someone Chlamydia at the same time.” Cynicism poured from her words as she leaned towards the asshole. “Let me tell you Yash, I'm jealous. I wish I could infect some poor innocent drunken…”
 
“Shut up, Bitch.” Turning back to Rin, he quickly added, “I'd be careful how close you get to her. I'm pretty sure that in Kagome's case, her bitchiness could rub off. And you don't want to get infected by that…its life threatening; kills your social status in two seconds flat. Then you end up dying a virgin, like our dear Kagome will.”
 
Rin's smile, to Kagome's surprise, widened in InuYasha's direction while she simply stared at the asshole with a self-righteous indignation smeared across her face.
 
Rin inclined her head towards InuYasha. “It's a pleasure to meet you.”
 
Kagome tapped her nails on Rin's desk, taking back the girl's attention. Like hell she was going to let Rin think this boy was anything but a savage! Could she not hear their banter? Did she not get the point? InuYasha equaled a dirty infested gutter rat…did that equation only make sense in her mind? “Don't talk to…that…thing; you'll never get rid of it. I'm still trying, but he likes to cling on like a leach.”
 
InuYasha turned his face towards Kagome, spite darkening his violet orbs. His voice fell an octave and Kagome could swear she heard him growl. “Speaking of blood sucking little…”
 
The door opened again and another person entered. Looking up, their eyes fell upon their professor with stacks of paper in her hands. Kagome actually was relieved to see the teacher. At least she could save her from the insanity that was about to erupt between her and that asshole who didn't know when to shut up.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~
 
The sky was starless, the moon hidden by the looming clouds which hung over the city covering it like a veil of darkness. It was as if some Celestial painter had dabbed his brush in the colors of mourning and blotches out the sky. Walking down the streets, Kagome covered her face from the shifty winds that slithered their way down West 14th street, and assaulted the girl on her pilgrimage towards the one place that she sanctioned above all others. Walking down the narrow alley, the tiny snap of her stiletto heels pressing against the concrete echoed around her as she avoided the puddles of sewer water and residue from the filthy buildings. Coming to the large castle like doors, Kagome pushed past one and entered the dimly lit room, casting off her overly large trench coat and handing it to Carlisle, the resident coat check bitch. Smirking once at the girl, Kagome stole a glance of herself in the mirror that hung on the wall…one of the few that adorned the walls of the club.
 
“It's pretty busy in there tonight.”
 
Kagome shifted her eyes from her own reflection to the one of the pail blonde who stared back at her with hopeful eyes. Kagome sighed then reached over the counter and into the pocket of her coat that hung limply from the girl's arms. “Tell me something new, Carlisle.” Pulling out a tube of a deep satin red lipstick, she touched up her stellar makeup job before depositing the tube back and waving off the girl.
 
Gently touching the red streaks that ornamented her pigtails, she turned and batted her sky blue eyes at the girl then offered a smirk with a raised shoulder and trotted back into the club. Her stilettos quip was drowned out by the loud music that now filled her ears like the hymns of angels. Pushing past the velvet curtain, she only paused to kiss the cheek of the bouncer. “Bon Soir, Jacques. Comment vas-tu?” *
 
The bouncer returned the light peck, keeping his hands solely to himself though more then happy to ogle the goods displayed by the vixen in front of him. The flat of her exposed stomach called to him, daring him to defy the master of the club and just for once, to know what that milky white perfection felt like under his touch, under his mouth. Licking his dry and cracked lips, he responded rather huskily, “puisque vous êtes arrivé, mon chéri, la soirée est maintenant bon.**” Switching gears, the wolfish smile that was illuminated by the blood red lights of the club looked ravenous; “The night is never a night without a blessed visit by you.”
 
Kagome sprayed two fingers across the man's lips and smiled warmly at him, “hush, before my master believes that you are after what is his.”
 
Taking her hand in his, Jacques shot her a wicked grin, “may the Lord then never be able to read my mind, or I may face the gallows.”
 
Kagome pulled her hand from Jacques and proceeded into the club. Swaying towards the bar, she leaned over the bar and winked to the bartender who flocked to her side almost immediately. Being the owner's pet definitely had its ups. “Vodka with a splash of Red Bull, Envy. Merci beaucoup.”
 
The blond raised one plucked eyebrow before vanishing to gather the requested items. It was a good night when the mistress ordered a different drink. Something was in the mix with the minx.
 
Staring down at the dance floor, Kagome found herself wondering for a moment about that silver-haired Adonis. A part of her had wondered nearly all day, while she had packed her back and fled the dorms for the train, if she was going to see him again. The burning between her legs and in her heart prayed to whatever God existed that she would. But the more logical voice in her head forewarned her that such wishes were for fools; seeing that boy-toy could only lead to more confrontations with her master, confrontations that she was still healing from.
 
Classes had been in session for a week now, and that week had been particularly painful to sit against those hard metal chairs with the wounds that she possessed. Though they had all just about healed, Kagome could honestly admit she wasn't in a rush to gain more. Kagome bit her lip, wondering just why whenever she thought of her master, she saw a pair of molten demonic eyes staring back at her. Why was that stranger still on her brain?
 
A pair of claws wove their way across the back of the fishnet that covered her cami-shirt, leaving her stomach exposed for eyes from people like Jacques or the owner of the glistening ivory weapons. Warm lips pressed against her ear as a warm body pressed against her back, encaging her to the stool that she sat on. “I'm shocked, Milady; for a moment I thought you had been scared away. But a scent as sweet as yours…I had to come and see for myself if it were truly you.”
 
Kagome didn't turn to face the demon, yet smiled at the comment. She could feel Envy's eyes burning into the side of her face from across the bar, no doubt watching every move that she made. She wasn't above herself to think that she held any sway over a member of this staff; they would sell her out to her Master in a heartbeat if she stepped one foot out of line.
 
Apparently this Gold-eyed Adonis didn't take note of this. Maybe he was denser then she gave him accordance for.
 
Claws scraped lightly against her material, careful not to snag the thin wisp of cloth, and settled on her stomach under the veil of the bar. Her breath caught in her throat as his lips grazed down her slender neck, suckling for a moment on her pulse, and then rubbing one of his sharp canines over her vein. “Tell me why you are off bounds to me.”
 
Kagome swallowed what felt like a golf ball, an action that earned her a deep chuckle, and forced herself to remain calm against her traitorous body's reaction to this hanyou's touch. How did he not know who she belong to? Did not everyone in the dark state of New York know who her master was? She laughed lightly, her eyes glancing to the side to steal a glimpse of the man that had haunted her dreams for over a week.
 
“I am off bounds to you, demon, because my master wishes it.”
 
The smile that surfaced on the man's face was unsettling for the girl. Dark in nature and in glory, the man rejoiced in the answer. “Ah, so you belong to Oberon, then.”
 
“He calls you his Puck, did you know that?”
 
That seemed to flatter that egotistical smirk. Kagome nearly relished that moment as much as she would one when she wiped very similar smirks from that asshole's face.
 
“I belong to no one, least of all Oberon. That man has no power over who I do, and who I do not speak with.”
 
Kagome rolled her head back to her shoulders with a slight gasp as the man's hand slid south on her body. Staring at the silver mane that hung neatly by her eyes, she closed her eyes and basked in the feel of another man's hands on her. It had been so long…
 
“Tell me, where can we go to be alone?”
 
Though his words were hushed, there was no doubt to Kagome that Envy had overheard them. Sitting up right immediately, as if someone had lit a fire under her ass, she turned to the man. Standing up and smoothing out her long black skirt, she met his gaze from under her bangs and quickly replied, “There is no where, and to make such foolish requests is ill advised. I am another man's property, I beg of you to remember that.”
 
As she turned to leave, a hand wrapped around her wrist and tugged her back to that dangerous God. “Did I say you were excused? If you are a man's servant, then you should learn to obey.”
 
The sinfully delicious tone of the demon's voice shot through her to her core and lit her ablaze with desire. Desire aimed only towards the silver-haired God and no one else. “As you said, Sha…I am another man's servant. Now release me.”
 
Sha lowered his mouth to her ear as his hand released her wrist and came to settle on her hips, his fingers splayed across her taunt ass cheek. “You're words might say release you…but I think you are begging for a release of another kind.” Staring down into her eyes, he brought his hand to her long locks and twirled the blood red strands around his fingers. “Tell me Princess, tell me where I can take you and…release…you.”
 
Kagome turned her nose up to the demon and stepped out of his grasp. Her bravado that was encaged by the early night's transition between her daytime self and her nighttime vixen was beginning to make its escape into her vocabulary. “You wouldn't be able to tame me, Sha. You wouldn't know where to start.”
 
Sha's smile only grew. “I always know where to start when taming a wench. You on your knees in binding cuffs with my cock down your throat are the first of many images.” He stepped towards her only to find to his dismay the kitten was not up for the chase.
 
Kagome wagged her finger at the boy as she yet again eluded his grasp. “Bad puppy, I might have to put you in time out if you keep this up.”
 
The silver eyebrow that was raised couldn't have looked sexier. “So you like being in charge too, huh? We could work with that, as long as I get my lashes in. To find a woman who wouldn't mind to inflict pain as well…I am moved.”
 
Kagome snorted, “Yes, I supposed you would be moved. Moved out of my way, is more like it. Now, unless you wish to dance Puppy, I would suggest you walk away.”
 
InuYasha's eyes darkened as he stepped towards the girl, the molten amber a blaze with a need to settle this verbal banter that he was growing weary of. This girl was the reason he had returned to Oberon's club this evening. He had driven all the way up to the bus stop in Old Bridge to catch the 310 into Port Authority so he could possibly catch a glimpse of the vixen that had haunted his dreams…and his moments of time alone to…reflect…
 
“You should watch who you condescend to, Kitten, This puppy is a bit more of a pit-bull then you give him credit for.”
 
Kagome scoffed in jest. “So you presume yourself a `big dog' when even you find yourself to be the smallest of the breeds?”
 
With motion that Kagome couldn't track, InuYasha threw himself behind the girl and grabbed her by her arms. Pulling her into his chest and tilting her neck back, he shot back darkly as he ran his teeth down her neck, “unparalleled in fighting skills and an inability to loosen its bite, I think I can name some similarities between me and pit bulls.” Pressing his now hardened cock against the gentle curve of her ass, he whispered darkly, “but as I'm sure you can tell…the size analogy end there. The question, my hot little bitch, is what hole you want me to fill first.”
 
Kagome's throat ran dry as the Sahara, as the man began to run his hand along the curves of her hips, dipping down and tracing the crevice of her legs. She wanted to reply something witty, something sardonic even, but all words just died on her tongue as his teeth pricked at the sensitive skin of her throat.
 
“Haven't I told you in the past that you need to get yourself vaccinated, Sha? Going around infecting what is mine with rabies is not my idea of fun in games. Now please remove all of your…limbs…from my pet's orifices, before I rend them from your body.”
 
Sha lifted his eyes from his direct gaze down this lovely piece of ass's bra and met the bored eyes of the Lord of the facility. With a muted hiss, he released Kagome's hips and backed up a step in respect, yet refused to bow his head.
 
Oberon reached out and grasped Kagome's wrist in his hand. Pulling her to his side, he glanced down at the girl with a stoic countenance before looking back to the younger man in front of him. Tapping the golden end of the cane that he held in his right hand against the floor, Oberon looked over InuYasha with a rather distasteful glower. “Are you enjoying yourself, Puck? Besides for with what is mine, I do digress.”
 
Sha crossed his arms slowly, not impressed with the lackadaisical show of dominance. Cynically, he replied, “I do remind you, Oberon, that everything I stand on here in this facility is yours. But something tells me that fact hasn't slipped your mind.”
 
Oberon's smile was faint, and gone in the next wisp of a moment. Glancing down at the wooden cane that he embraced, he studied the wood, not bearing the boy a glance. His voice was filled with a heavy condensation that ran thicker then blood. “I am glad, Puck, that you are aware of that fact. Be not one to forget that…or your place amongst my hierarchy.”
 
InuYasha snorted indignantly, “as if I could. That pretty piece of flesh attached to your arm is a banner of your good name.”
 
Oberon smiled indulgently, as one would with a child, before casting his glance towards Kagome. “Yes, my prettiest pet by far, I do declare.” Letting go of her wrist, he brought his gloved left hand to her face to swipe some of the black hair from her eyes. “It makes me wonder why she is still on her feet, standing with men of business, when she should be on her knees, servicing me as a good whore would.”
 
Kagome's mouth fell open, a storm of anger brewing inside of her. It wouldn't be the first time that her lord had made such degrading remarks in her presence, demanding her to debase herself far worse then ever before, but this was the first time that she was willing to step forward and tell him exactly where she felt he could shove off to.
 
His dark glower stopped her before she could start. It was a look she had hardly ever seen overwhelm his normally jubilant features. His aqua-marine eyes were nearly a turquoise color sparkling with hints of promises of pain and horror if she didn't abide to his wishes. “Do as I command, wench.”
 
Kagome backed up a step from the man and bowed her head curtly. “If my lord wishes for such actions, a bed chamber would prove a better…more suitable, should I say, place to carry out those interactions.”
 
Oberon turned to stare at the girl, anger now festering where annoyance had previous presided. “Are you denying a direct order, bitch? Would you be so bold?”
 
InuYasha, feeling suddenly very uncomfortable with the ensuing actions, and the fact that he could not watch that girl actually bend to the will of that asshole, held up his hands to excuse himself. “I think I am going to go acquaint myself with the bar, if you do not mind. I will leave you two…”
 
Oberon turned his head with a whiplash effect, his long black hair crackling through the air like an electric charge. “You will do no such thing. I want you to understand that this girl is mine, and in being so, will do as I say. To your knees, your mouthy little witch, before I force you there!”
 
InuYasha couldn't explain why he wanted to beat that tone from his friend's voice, but the urge was burning in his blood, as he could feel red seeping into his vision. “It is fine, Oberon. I understand quite well. Consider your lesson preached.”
 
Oberon scoffed at his acclimation. “Hardly! Though you might understand the words, something tells me that my little cunt needs to be reminded of her place.” Stepping forward and grabbing Kagome's chin, he pulled her towards him, “do you think yourself proud for standing here in front of him with the guts to talk back to me? Keep using those guts, my dear, and I will show you what they look like! How dare you defy me!” Seeing the tears springing to life in her eyes, his voice only rose above the music, brining a hush over half the inhabitants of the bar who knew of Oberon's power. For someone to defy him would be a tremendous insult to the man himself, and would be dealt with accordingly. “You think he does not know you are already my whore? Do you think he does not know that you spend half of your night under me and the other half pleasuring me? Do you think he has not had similar whores who would bend over for him? Would it shock you to know that he has done far worse to debase a female then this? Do you think that you are proving a point, because if that is the reason for your outcry, then you are sorely mistaken.”
 
Kagome pulled herself from his grasp and stumbled backwards a step. Her breath coming in labored pants, she turned and fled into the hallway of the club away from all the eyes that had watched their ghastly argument. It would be the talk of the underground for months to come; Kagome just knew it as she fled to the corner of the club and pressed her back against the wall. This was not going to bode well for her. The cold cement wall felt oddly calming to her calamity-stricken aura. Closing her eyes, she relished in the solitude for but a moment before a hand crashed to the wall, a sparse inch from her face. Wincing, she waited for the blow to begin.
 
“What the hell were you thinking?”
 
Opening her eyes to meet those aqua-marine that she once upon a time fell in love with, she felt a foreboding flood into her blood and seize at her heart. She found herself speechless to her master's demand.
 
“Now you cannot even answer me? Are you going to cry? Are you afraid, Kagome?”
 
Snapping her eyes open, she glanced behind her master to see if anyone had heard the slip of her identity. It was odd how that mattered, she noted, while impending doom lay in wait upon her head to be delivered by a man who knew how to inflict pain. Seeing no one else in the hallway, she turned her eyes back to her lord only to be slapped hard across her cheek with by his right hand's palm. “You stupid bitch, how many times have I had to tell you not to speak back to me in front of my people?”
 
“You put yourself into that situation,” she muttered, holding her beaten cheek tenderly against her fingers, “I asked if we could take it…”
 
Silence! When I give an order, I expect it to be carried out! I do not care who the present company is, or what the details of the situation are. What I say is absolute in my kingdom.” Lowering his tone, he pushed away her hand from her bruised skin and he gently applied his fingers to the blushing mark, caressing it lovingly with his fingers. “I have allowed you to be the queen to my castle, the Titania of my forest…and yet you defy me. I do not understand what more you wish of me to give to you. I would give you the world, my queen, if you asked for it, and all I request in return is obedience.”
 
“You ask for slavery, Oberon…not obedience.”
 
Hushing Kagome by sliding his fingers over her lips, he pulled the girl's trembling form into his warm embrace. Petting her hair, he cooed, “Did I not explain all of the details of this arrangement when I took you under my wing? Did I not proclaim all that would be demanded of you in the private and in the public realms of our relationship, pertaining to your bondage as my servant? I gave you reign of this bar, I have given you fame in the dark realm of the night, and yet this is how you repay that.”
 
“No,” Kagome muttered from where she laid in that familiar embrace. How the man had the way of turning the worst of situations that were instigated by the lord himself into a situation that was all her fault was beyond her understanding. Yet here she sat, again, feeling like the worst of women for talking back to her master.
 
“Have I not given you everything that you need? Did I not save you from your depression? Was I not one who accepted you for who you were and what your life had become? Why, my dearest Kags, have you turned against me?”
 
Kagome inhaled sharply as his words dug more groves into her skin then the bullwhip in his chamber. “I would never turn against you, Oberon. I…I would never…could never…make up for the kindness you have shown me…or for the help that you offered me when I needed it.”
 
Oberon smiled as he tipped her chin up to face him. “Then, my pet, why do you defy me?”
 
“I didn't mean to,” she spoke softly, not liking the smile that shined down from his eyes. It was a smile that screamed `check mate'.
 
“Then it was a mistake? Is that what you are telling me?”
 
Knowing that it was anything but a mistake, she still found herself nodding. To disenchant her relationship with Oberon would mean being ostracized from the community that she lived off of. Living this double life was the only way she could put up with the bullshit she had to deal with day to day. “It was,” she managed to choke out.
 
Oberon lowered his lips against hers, pressing against those red vessels for but a moment. “And how,” he mumbled, “do you plan to make up for it?”
 
Kagome, lost in the poisonous kiss, closed her eyes and whispered, “Any way his lordship sees fit.”
 
Removing his mouth from hers without the satisfying indulgence of a kiss, he chastely pressed his lips to her forehead. “Then it shall be. Go to my chambers, my pet, and await your master's return. Do not plan on returning home tonight, my Titania…you will quite detained.”
 
Ambiguous words to the untrained ear, Kagome knew much different the insinuations that lay just behind the vocabulary. Bowing her head curtly, she made a bee line back into the club and towards the back corridors. But not before locking eyes with the Gold eyed Adonis that sat at the bar wearing a troubled expression. The two sets of eyes clashed for but a moment as Kagome sped her way through the people and out of the range of his amber stare. Tonight would be one of pain and or torture, she was sure of this fact…and she was wet between her legs with anticipation. Yet it was still those amber eyes that she wanted to be above her…around her…consuming her.
 
Kagome decided, as she pushed back the curtain of the hallway that led to the master chambers…and dungeons…that the silver haired hanyou had eyes like cyanide.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~
“Good evening, Jacques, how are you?”
“now that you have arrived, my lovely, the night is looking much better.”
 
::hides from everything being pelted:: I know, I know. it has been probably six months since I've done anything. I'm SORRY!!!! So much has been going on in life and hectic. I sat down today and wrote out eighteen pages in two hours randomly. Hopefully some of you are still out there who are left as loyal readers. I miss all of you so much!!!