InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ now for something completely different ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Shades of Gray ~<>~
 
 
 
~<>~ Chapter 6 ~<>~ now for something completely different….
 
 
Kagome reached over the glass counter at the student center café and took the Quesadilla from the cook with a smile. “Thanks Rich; have a good week.”
 
The smaller Spanish man smiled back at the girl and winked, “you too, sweetheart.”
 
Kagome beamed and walked across the floor towards the coolers. Pulling out a cherry Pepsi, she glided towards the cash registers and met back up with Rin. Rin had a slice of pizza and a bottle of water in her one hand and a messy wad of dollar bills in her other.
 
Presenting her meal to the cashier, she reached back and snagged Rin's pizza and drink and put them with hers. Hearing Rin begin to object, Kagome looked back as she handed the associate her student ID. “Don't worry, I have a declining bonus for a meal plan and I barely ever use it. Trust me, it's no big deal; save your money.”
 
Rin wrinkled her nose but thanked the girl regardless. Pocketing her cash, she took up her food and followed behind Kagome towards one of the tables towards the back of the center. Sitting down, Rin sighed and quickly added, “I honestly don't want to sound rude, I really don't, but please don't give me charity because I have a child. I'm not in the business of accepting it so easily.”
 
Kagome only waved her hand. She knew everything there was to know about stubborn pride; the Higurashi namesake revolved around the insufferable condition. “Don't be silly, I just think it's stupid for you to pay when I already have it included with my financial aid.”
 
Rin gauged Kagome's words for a moment, searching her friend's face to make sure she wasn't lying, then bit into her pizza. “So you don't come down here that often? Why?”
 
Kagome shrugged as she took a sip of soda. “Well, I come here…but I normally bring food from the refrigerator back at the dorm. I'm not really a grease loving person, ya know? I like to eat healthy.”
 
Rin laughed while eyeing the girl's Quesadilla. “Something tells me that isn't to healthy.”
 
Kagome smiled secretively, “yeah, well…can't eat healthy all the time, now can I? Where's the fun in that?”
 
Rin nodded. “Thanks for waiting for me to get off of work. I'm so hungry and it's nice to be able to eat before going home to the mess.”
 
“Don't worry, our schedules fit to well for me not to meet up with you. Besides, I don't know that many people on campus, so a friendship is definitely something I've been looking for.”
 
 
Rin smiled graciously. “I know what you mean. I don't know anyone here, besides for you and InuYasha.” Rin watched Kagome's roll of the eyes at the boys name and decided to press further. “So…about him; just what is the deal with you two?”
 
Kagome cocked an eyebrow, nearly dropping the Quesadilla. “Our…what? Oh honey, no! I don't share anything with that boy besides for a common disgust.”
 
Rin shifted her eyes with a disbelieving smile splayed across her lips, “oh, okay…it just seems that with the hatred that you two have, I'd only be to think you used to date, that's all.”
 
On that note, Kagome did drop her food, sputtering the entire time. She couldn't help the heat that flowed to her cheeks, tainting them pink. “I…what…no…eww! Never! He's dating my roommate and cousin, Kikyo. I would never give that scourge the time of day!”
 
“Scourge?” Rin's lips twitched towards a smile as she lifted her eyes to meet Kagome's, a whimsical smile dancing about her chocolate orbs, “sounds like you're pulling all sorts of fun names for him out of the blue. Pet names, maybe.” Seeing the darker flush overwhelm the girl and a fire light in her eyes, Rin quickly retracted her comment. “Not that I'm doubting you, I hardly know you enough to do that, and umm…not that I would!” she laughed nervously then rolled her eyes and leaned closer. “Because, you know…when people put those kinds of names to others, it's normally them just masking their hidden desires…savvy?”
 
Kagome pounded her hand down on the table, her face as bright as a tomato. She glared around, as if to see who was listening to their conversation turned ugly, then lowered her voice to a harsh whisper. “I do not! Don't insinuate anything about that, because it is so not true! I do not like that boy, nor would I ever give him that time of day!”
 
Rin lifted her pizza to her mouth, only pausing once to add, “You said that already.”
 
Kagome didn't think her blush could darken at all, yet was proven wrong again. Pushing one of the triangles around her plate for a minute, she savored the silence that ensued after the remark.
 
“So, he's dating your cousin then? That must suck, because you have to see him all the time, right?”
 
Kagome glanced up and nodded, “you don't know the half of it! Last night, I was in the shower and he just walked into the bathroom, knowing I was in there, and proceeded to tell me to stay in the shower because he had to pee and couldn't wait.” Leaning closer to Rin, she softened her voice from the harsh tones but kept it sparsely above a whisper, “who does that? I mean to announce that disgusting comment is one thing…but to walk in on me in the shower…”
 
Rin giggled and shook her head, “he sounds really arrogant.”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and sat back, “if you look up arrogance online, I swear wikipedia has a picture of InuYasha plastered next to it.” Huffing, she crossed her arms, “he's such a jerk. He thinks everyone wants him, that anyone will bend over for him, and that if he says something, then it has to be true. He's so…frustrating!”
 
Rin's smile only grew, “well then, sounds like your cousin is in for an interesting time. I feel bad for her,” licking her lips discretely, Rin glanced down at her plate. “I mean, for her cousin and roommate to be so…against…her boyfriend…”
 
Kagome stared at the girl for a moment, her tongue caught between her teeth. She could see it in Rin's smile; Rin didn't believe that Kagome had absolutely no interest in InuYasha. She would normally sit there and argue her point, force Rin to understand just how furious the man made her, but she realized just how futile that would be. Instead, she took a bite of her food and turned her attention to Rin. “So…how old is your son?”
 
Rin looked up and her smile grew soft, her eyes taking on a sparkle that could light up a room. “He's twenty-one months. I can't believe how big he's gotten in the last few months. He never really crawled; just one day, he stood up and started running, or at least that's how it felt. He climbs on everything and is starting to talk back. He thinks he knows everything, he even argues with me as best as a toddler can. I swear he's his father's son.” Her mouth sealed at that moment, as if she had let something slip that she hadn't meant to disclose. Suddenly her pizza became the most interesting thing in the room.
 
Kagome eyed Rin for a moment before carefully asking her next question. “So…is his father still in the picture?”
 
Rin licked her lips, refusing to look up from her food. “No, he never was allowed into the picture. He…doesn't…know about my son, and I plan on keeping it that way.”
 
Kagome blinked; that was not the answer she was expecting. “Oh…I'm sorry.”
 
Rin looked up suddenly, her eyes bright. “Oh don't be. It's not as bad as it sounds. His father isn't a dead beat…he's actually quite far from it. It's just…well…it's such a long story.” Bringing her hands together, she prodded her fingers against each other as she muttered, “I don't really ever talk about his father. He's something I just don't discuss.”
 
Kagome studied the girl for a moment. “Oh, I shouldn't have prodded. I didn't know…” falling into silence, it only took a moment for her to blurt out, “but don't you think the father deserves the right to see his son? Are you really going to keep the child a secret?”
 
Rin shook her head in the negative. “I don't plan on calling him to tell him, if that's what you're asking. I'm not going to out of my way to lie about Kenren…but I'm also not going to shove my child into his presence. He…has another life, another family really. I have no right to force mind on him.”
 
“Do you still talk to him?”
 
Rin's felt her lips twist down into a frown, an uncommon facial expression that marred her usually cheery features. “No, I haven't spoken to him for nearly two and a half years. We severed all connections after that summer that I became pregnant. He smoothed things over with his wife and I…well…I returned home and lived with my dad until I realized I was pregnant. My dad has been such a great support for me, but I refused to become a burden on him.” Blinking, it was as if she woke up from a dream. Waving both her hands in front of her face, she laughed a little too loudly, “wow, here I am pouring my heart out to you, and I hardly know you. I think I've told you more about Kenren's father then I have told the collected lot of my friends!” Chewing on her lip, she cringed, “I'm sorry, I shouldn't rattle on like that.”
 
Kagome dismissed the girl's unneeded apology. “Don't worry about it. It's fine. What are friends for?” she smiled and laughed lightly.
 
Rin shoved more of her pizza into her mouth and asked Kagome, “So, are you seeing anyone?”
 
Kagome blanched and snorted once, “Well…it's complicated.”
 
As the words left her mouth, a body fell into the seat next to Kagome, leaning across the table with speed that left Rin's mouth hanging open. Before she knew it, she was staring into a pair of blue eyes so dark, they were almost purple. Her eyes shifted back to Kagome, to try to see if the girl knew the man who had just joined their conversation. The look on Kagome's face was priceless, she quickly deduced. The girl's jaw was hanging open slightly, as if highly offended by the man's presence, and her eyes were wide with shock.
 
It took a moment for Rin to realize the man was talking to her. Rin blinked twice and quickly shook her head, only catching pieces of his words. “Wait…what?”
 
“So tomorrow night then?”
 
Rin's eyes bulged as she caught onto the gist of his words. Catching Kagome's motion of an X across her neck, Rin ran her mouth a few moments, no words coming out. “What…wait…huh…me…tomorrow? No…I don't…” sighing heavily, she leaned closer to the man and narrowed her eyes, “I'm sorry, just who are you?”
 
The man's luminous smile only grew wider. “Why, my beautiful girl, my name is…”
 
Kagome forced out a deep sigh and spoke over the man. “That's enough of that, Miroku!”
 
Miroku shut his mouth, momentarily turning his attention towards Kagome. “I'm not talking to you, Kikyo…stay out of this.”
 
Kagome's jaw dropped further towards her tray. “I am not Kikyo, you ass!”
 
Miroku raised a slender eyebrow, an air of boredom inflating his words. “Really? The world would never of known.” Turning back to Rin, his smile returned as he flashed a gleaming pearly white grin at the bedazzled girl. Reaching across the table, Miroku seized Rin's hands and nearly yanked her across the table. “See, I saw you from over yonder…and traveled over hill and dale to reach your side, lured by your radiant beauty! Tell me, my nymph, what spell hath you bewitched me by?”
 
Kagome huffed and quickly responded for Rin. “I think you'll get further with that Dale that you were just speaking of. So why don't you scamper off and go find him, and leave Rin alone. Miroku, she has eyes and you have skeezoid written across your forehead in neon lights.”
 
Rin's eyebrows rocketed up under her long bangs as she looked over the drooling man towards Kagome. `Is he serious,' she mouthed to her friend. Kagome simply rolled her eyes and reached down into her book bag. Rin turned her attention back towards Miroku, feeling her chest beginning to constrict. `Panic attack,' she thought dully as she glared around for a way to escape his hold. “Please…I'm sorry…I'm not…”
 
Miroku batted his eyes, taking on a look one would find on a beaten puppy. “Please, don't reject my offer, my fair and lustrous vixen. It would leave me so downtrodden that taking my own life might become a necessity.”
 
A rolled up paper came down against Miroku's forehead, breaking the husky aura that hung in the air. Miroku flinched, sending a scathing glower at Kagome and Rin used the distraction to pull her hands away and move out of his reach.
 
“My…you are a bit strange.”
 
Kagome snorted and rolled her eyes to stare at Rin, “what more do you expect from a man who has to live with InuYasha?”
 
Rin opened her mouth, and then nodded slowly in comprehension. It was as if InuYasha was the get-out-of-jail-free card towards Miroku's lecherous ways, his psychological scapegoat.
 
Miroku sighed dejectedly then turned on Kagome, eyeing the rolled up paper that resided in her right hand with contempt. “You wound me, Kikyo number two. Here I am trying to express my sentiment towards this beautiful representation of the God's divinity…”
 
Kagome scoffed, “stop calling me Kikyo!”
 
Miroku pursed his lips, failing to contain the disdain that filled his eyes. “I do humbly apologize, but my motive in life is to spread truth and you know…the truth hurts.”
 
Kagome felt her right eye twitch, “I'll show you what else hurts…”
 
Miroku dodged the rolled-up paper as if flew at his head. “I can't help it that you were spawned from Satan herself. You know what they say, a peach is a peach, is a peach. Or…in your case, Beelzebub and Charles Heston are both incarnates of the devil, just as you are one of…” Miroku yelped as Kagome's notebook made a grand entrance into the conversation by attempting to communicate directly with his face.
 
Kagome was on her feet in a second, her face nearly a fire-truck red. Sarcasm dripped off her words like poison, her eyes burning into Miroku's. “Real nice, Miroku, damn you and your insufferable wit; I might just go hang myself instead of sitting here and finishing this conversation.”
 
Rin licked her lips watching the battle between the two, who hardly seemed to really know each other, progress. “Umm…guys?”
 
Miroku shifted his eyes for a moment, completely losing his anger in the blink of an eye and shooting Rin a sickly sweet smile, “just one moment precious…”
 
Kagome gagged. “Oh that's great Miroku. I'm sure she'll believe you to be an angel after this. Go ahead, scare her some more. Do your Sméagol impression; maybe give her a glimpse of your obsessive schizophrenic tendencies!”
 
“Oh sweetheart, you really don't want to go there! Your cousin wrote the book on obsessive behavior!”
 
Kagome laughed in what sounded like a bitter harsh cough. “You're damn right she did!”
 
Miroku opened his mouth to retort, then paused, confounded that Kagome seemed to agree on his jibe at her family. “Yeah…well…” shutting his mouth, he was amazed that this brazen raven-haired girl had managed to stump him. He had expected the Higurashis' to stick together, stand up for each other. For the past six years, he had heard nothing else except how much of a bitch Kagome was, and Miroku could have agreed with that…until now.
 
Kagome's brown eyes smothered out the fire that was her anger as she watched Miroku back down. With a dramatic sigh, she waved her hand, dismissing the boy from their presence. “If you're quite done, can you go away? Besides, I'm sure Frodo's looking for you by now. You know you can't leave that boy alone for more then a moment by himself. He might eat the upholstery off the couch.”
 
Miroku cocked an eyebrow before realizing just how Kagome was insulting him. “Oi! You really didn't just equate me with Sam, did you! I am so not Sam! I am not the fat ass! If anyone is a fat ass, it's InuYasha! Damnit! If you're insisting on following your Lord of the Rings analogies, at least personify me as…”
 
Rin gasped as another body slipped into the only other empty chair at the table. Glancing to her left, she realized the shit was seriously about to hit the fan.
 
“Who's the fat ass, Miro?”
 
Miroku looked across the table, eyeing his roommate's plate of food: two slices of pizza, a Calzone, an order of fries and two bottles of Pepsi. Raising his eyes to meet the lavender pair, he retorted dryly, “I'm not sure Yash, why don't you read the label attached to your ass!”
 
InuYasha simply chuckled. “This ass, Miroku, get's more pussy then you could ever dream of.”
 
Kagome shifted her attention, and her point of ire, across the table. “Should you really be saying that with your girlfriend's cousin right next to you?”
 
InuYasha blinked, not shifting his gaze from Miroku and raised an eyebrow while biting into one of his pizza slices, “that was strange.”
 
Miroku looked nearly as puzzled as the rest of the others at the table. “What…was strange?”
 
InuYasha pursed his lips, wrinkled his nose, and then shook his head. “I could have sworn I heard Kikyo just a moment ago bitching in my ear.”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes, throwing herself back in her chair and stubbornly crossing her arms. “You know…you do not need to sit here! You can go away at any moment, leaving us to our peace.”
 
InuYasha paused mid bite and blinked a few times again, then slowly lowered the pizza from his mouth. Looking straight past Kagome, and then towards Rin, he flashed a quick smile then looked back to Miroku. “There it was again, did you hear it?”
 
Rin's amusement was the next to die at the table. Feeling the smile slip from her lips, she very quickly was growing to understand Kagome's frustration with this boy. “Oh, grow up.”
 
InuYasha ignored the jibe and looked back to Miroku. “I swear I heard her!”
 
Miroku seemed to be the only one amused at his roommate's antics. “Why, yes…I think I heard something. It sounded like whining.”
 
InuYasha nodded and took a swig of his coke. “I swear I heard something that sounded like `blah, blah, blah…I'm a cold frigid bitch, blah.'”
 
Kagome shot to her feet, grabbing her tray in one hand and her book bag in her other. “Of all the…”
 
InuYasha finally turned his gaze to the girl with a smirk the size of Texas. “Relax, Kagome; get your panties out of that damned knot. I'm just fucking with you.”
 
Kagome's eyes narrowed as she leaned over the table, “in your dreams, InuYasha. Cause I would never touch you out of them.”
 
InuYasha batted his eyes the looked back at Miroku. “Would Freud just say that she just told me that she wants to fuck me? Cause that's some psychoanalytic dream theory shit she just spat out, isn't it?”
 
Kagome groaned and yelled out, “of all the stupid interpretations, InuYasha. Is that all you think about? Sex, sex, sex, sex, and…oh yes, sex?”
 
InuYasha held a rather strong façade of looking quite stricken. “Have you met Miroku? I am not that bad!” stealing a glimpse at Rin, he added, “Am I?”
 
Rin shrugged while Miroku interjected with some type of verbal explanation of a family documentation of a rare type of disease that dated back to priests in dresses.
 
Kagome huffed and fell back into her seat with a defeated sigh. “You're insufferable.”
 
InuYasha shrugged and began wolfing down his Calzone. “Maybe…but you're still a bitch.” His eyes traveled down the neckline of her collared shirt, his eyes shifting to the peaking cleavage that she so vividly displayed.
 
Rin, by way of chance, glanced at InuYasha while his eyes were traveling for but a moment then smirked and looked across at Miroku. “I now understand just how you two fit together so well. I'm sure you have lots of fun keeping each other in line.”
 
Miroku shrugged with a smile. “In line? Hardly. You need to come to one of our parties to get the full experience.”
 
Rin winced in a pang of sympathy for just exactly what Kagome must have gone through every day with these two boys. Looking at Kagome, she nodded slowly, “I understand now.”
 
Kagome grinned and shook her head, finishing off her lunch, “I told you that you would.”
 
InuYasha grunted and swallowed a large bite of his meal. “You know, pertinaciousness is hereditary. Just how much of an ass is your father? Because that's how your future is looking.”
 
“Why do you always have to start a fight, InuYasha? Why can't you for once be a half way decent human being?”
 
InuYasha scoffed and answered mechanically without truly thinking out his words. “Because I'm not a human being!” Hearing all conversation die out at the table and feeling three sets of eyes staring him down, he finished his food and played off the line as best he could, “I'm InuYasha.”
 
Rin giggled and shook her head, “another mystery solved.”
 
Miroku matched Rin in her laugher. Putting on a bad English accent, he replied, “and I would have gotten away with it to, if it weren't for you darned kids…and that dog boy.”
 
Kagome laughed with the other two, throwing a bright smile at Miroku that stopped the boy mid-laugh. He stared at her for a moment, then shook his head and looked back at InuYasha. “So…man…what kind of trouble are we getting into today?”
 
InuYasha shrugged his shoulders lazily and finished off the calzone. “Don't matter. Oh, the frat across the street got kicked out of the townhouse. The new renter will be moving in two weeks from now. We're gonna have to pray to god it's college kids, or our parties might end up sucking.”
 
Miroku waved his hand, “fuck that, they're moving to a college town, they are bound to understand that we party long and hard.”
 
Rin held up her hand before InuYasha could retort. “Please don't make a `my dick' joke out of that.”
 
InuYasha stared at Rin for a moment then looked back at Miroku. “To quote Drew Carey; my dick is the walrus, coo-coo ca-choo.”
 
The boys erupted in laugher that wasn't universally understood by the girls. Staring at them for a few seconds, Kagome rolled her eyes. “Whatever. Look…I'm leaving. Rin?”
 
Rin smiled at the boys with a smile that could only be described as plastered onto her face half by fright half by exhaustion. “I think that's not a bad idea.”
 
Miroku fell out of laughter immediately. Reaching across the table, he made a mad dash to catch one of Rin's hands. “Don't leave, we're just having fun. Besides, if you leave me, my lady, you will all the light in my life with you. Please, for my sanity, stay.”
 
Rin rubbed her forehead while Kagome stood up to throw out their trash. “If I stay, I fear I will lose my sanity.”
 
InuYasha shook his head. “Nah, that's bullshit. Look at Kagome, she's put up with me for how long…and she still has some brain cells left.”
 
Kagome blinked in his direction, a baffled expression playing on her lips. “Somehow I feel like that was a back-handed compliment.”
 
InuYasha snorted and looked away quickly, gazing across the room to avoid the others, muttering, “don't read into things, you nosey wench.”
 
Kagome's jaw tightened as she leaned towards the man. “Then don't say things you don't mean.”
 
“I mean what I say, bitch!”
 
“Then why tell me not to read into things?”
 
“Because if that was what I was saying, I'd say it!”
 
“Something makes me doubt that!”
 
InuYasha clucked his tongue, “probably the same thing that rules your life; PMS…or that rogue dildo shoved up your ass that's been lodged for the last six years.”
 
Kagome's face darkened with malice as she turned on her heels and walked briskly away from the table to throw out her food. The last thing she wanted was another scene in the café.
 
Rin rolled her head from watching Kagome storm off to stare at InuYasha. “You know, if you were a little nicer, then maybe you would actually have real friends.” The odd part about her jibe that struck InuYasha first was that there was no malice or contempt in Rin's voice, just a level tone as if addressing a math problem to a child. If anything, he felt oddly gypped of a good argument.
 
“Well…” InuYasha put down his pizza and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, “…who are you again?”
 
“Rin.”
 
“Well Rin…if that bitch learned how to be nice to people…”
 
Miroku nodded vigorously in unison with his friend, “exactly! I just came over to talk to this beautiful specimen of female and Kagome was all over my shit like a fat kid on cake!”
 
Rin licked her lips and leaned towards the boys. “Maybe because she knew what you were going to say before you said it? Miroku, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you tried the same stunt with Kagome not to long ago?”
 
Miroku shifted uncomfortably in his seat at Rin's penetrating gaze. “Well…not the same thing, no…”
 
Rin lifted an eyebrow, the truth evident. Turning to look at InuYasha she sighed deeply. “And you.”
 
InuYasha felt the right side of his mouth twitch from his trademark scowl upwards into a lazy smirk. “Go ahead baby, fire away.”
 
“Have you ever once been civil to her?”
 
InuYasha snorted as if insulted. “To Elphaba, no, never. But ask me how many times…”
 
Rin rolled her eyes and held up her hand. “I don't want to hear justification. You answered my question.”
 
InuYasha sat up a little straighter in his chair, “hey now, wait a damn minute. If you're gonna interrogate me, then do it right, Damnit. You got to hear both sides!”
 
Rin blinked, looking slightly off set. “Why? You proved my point. That's all I care about.”
 
“You only have one of the sides of the story, Princess; you can't make a case out of just half the truth.” Shoving the crust of one piece of pizza into his mouth, he added, “I really hope you don't plan on being a lawyer, because you'll suck at it.”
 
Rin smiled patiently. “Actually I have two-thirds of the story.” Standing up, she turned to grab her tray.
 
InuYasha shot out his left hand, grabbing onto Rin's wrist. “How do you figure two-thirds? You a bit slow in your math, sweets?”
 
Rin yanked her hand out of his, but only after giving him a startled glance. “No…” she said carefully, “there are three sides to a story, InuYasha; your side, Kagome's side, and the invariable truth. I know the truth, I know what I've seen, and I know what Kagome's told me. That's all I need to know.”
 
InuYasha narrowed his eyes, sneering as he sat back in his seat. “I don't like your logic. It sounds like my brothers.”
 
Rin smiled brightly, “you have a brother? It sounds like he got the smart genes…”
InuYasha's mouth dropped open. “Wait a damned minute…”
 
Rin giggled and picked up her book bag. “Sorry, InuYasha, I'd love to sit here and debate…but, you know…”
 
As Kagome walked back to the table, InuYasha sat back in his chair, his lavender eyes following the sway of her hips for a moment before looking up to grace her face with the same attention. His world focused back to Rin's acclimation just moments ago; so Kagome was already bitching to a girl she hardly knew about him. That had to mean something, right? He wasn't sure why that kicked his libido in its ass, but it sure as hell did. “You hearing that, Babes? Rinnie here just admitted that you talk about me.” Leaning over the table, his smirk became ravenous, his eyes half lidded and his voice husky, and yet the tenacity couldn't be avoided. “Tell me, Kaggie…what do you say about me? Are you telling her how much you really want me? How quickly I can make you wet? How much you would want me to just throw you down here and…”
 
Kagome's face flushed bright red, her eyes dilating as she slammed her notebook onto the table. Storming around the table, she stood over the boy and pointed one finger in his face, while smoke just about poured out of her head. “Now you listen to me, you arrogant piece of …”
 
InuYasha stared at her finger as she ranted about his arrogance and self-dilution; he watched the slender digit wag in front of his face like a dog staring at a piece of meat. He wondered, not for the first time, how often she used that same finger to get herself off, and if she had ever done that with him in the same room. As the thought crossed his mind, he realized with an overwhelming sense of imminent disaster, that his pants had grown rather taunt. Unable to control himself any longer, as Kagome began to insult him, he reached out and captured that illustrious finger with his mouth, sucking on just the tip of it. Running his tongue along the pad of her finger, he enjoyed the stunned silence that both her, Miroku and Rin all fell into at once. And even more then that, he loved the way she tasted. Pushing her finger out of his mouth with his tongue to rest against his lips, he backed his head away slowly, enjoying the feel of her finger sliding over his moist lips. God he wanted to spread her across the table and fuck her six ways from Sunday, and if that was asking to much, he wanted to know how his cock would feel nestled in the back reaches of her throat.
 
Kagome's mouth was still hanging open, even as her hand fell limply to her side. “I…you…just…” her voice was hardly above the loud shrill of the café but InuYasha could hear her crystal clear. Her mouth moved some more, but even then, nothing would form for words.
 
`He just licked my finger! No, not licked…sucked…he just took my finger into his mouth and…' Kagome felt as if the heat had been turned up ten degrees under her sweater. Her cousin's boyfriend…no…boy toy, had just seriously come onto her, hadn't he? Was that considered flirting, Kagome wasn't sure. What the hell was he thinking? Glancing across the table at the flabbergasted and acutely smug looks on Rin and Miroku's faces, she realized that he had indeed just pushed the card on their `relationship'. Her heart hammered faster in her chest as she realized she was still staring at the man. `What do I say? What do I say!'
 
“So…toga parties, huh?”
 
All heads snapped to look at Rin, who smiled sheepishly and blushed delicately. Miroku began to laugh, loudly, while Kagome's entire body flushed crimson and she walked around the table away from the object of her frustration.
 
Miroku was the first to recover completely. “Wow, that was…hot and somewhat disturbing.” Cocking an eyebrow to InuYasha, he shook his head and looked at Rin. “Yes, togas. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking that this upcoming Saturday shall be the first official party of 2007 at Miroku's house of amazement. What do you say, ladies, are you up for some spirits?”
 
Rin smiled with a shake of her head in the negative, “I wish I could, but I would need a babysitter and to get one on Saturday nights is impossible.”
 
Miroku stared at her obliquely. “Well, I'm not sure if you would need a chaperone…but I'll be willing to baby-sit you any day. Just…how kinky are we talking?”
 
Rin rolled her eyes and shoved Miroku lightly. “I got to get going; Kagome, thank you so much for lunch. I will see you tomorrow...I work the desk everyday now apparently.” Waggling her fingers at the group, she grabbed her backpack and walked towards the exit.
 
Kagome grabbed her book bag, throwing InuYasha one more confused and slightly offset glower, then rushed after Rin. “Wait, I'll walk with you back. You're cars there, right? You might as well have some company for the walk.”
 
Leaving the building in a fit of giggles, it only took Rin a minute from being out the door to begin grilling a still blushing Kagome with questions Kagome was sure she would never be able to answer.
 
At least one thing was evident; this was going to be an interesting semester.
 
&X&X&X&X&X&XX&X&X&&X& X&X&X
Happy Halloween all!