InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ Of Beerpong and Wigwams ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Shades of Gray ~<>~
 
 
~<>~ Chapter 8 ~<>~ of beer pong and wigwams
 
 
 
“You look like someone killed your puppy. Did someone kill your puppy?”
 
Kagome turned as she entered the tiny restaurant and flashed a half hearted smile at the owner. As he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into an air-tight hug, she responded with one arm around his shoulders and a half hearted squeeze.
 
“What is this; Kagome Higurashi not up for hugs? Someone did kill you puppy, didn't they?”
 
Kagome felt her lips twitch slightly into a smile as she sighed heavily. “No…no one killed my puppy. I…don't…have a puppy, actually.”
 
The hand that came to grasp her bicep wasn't fully expected and made Kagome jump slightly. Her friend moved closer, his large doe like brown eyes, accented perfectly by a shade of plum eye shadow, moved closer, glazing over as he looked around the crowd. “Honey…we all have a puppy.” Waggling his eyebrows in a very suggestive manner, the man pulled back from Kagome and leaned forward and kissed her cheek.
 
Kagome raised an eyebrow and laughed lightly. “What is it with you and the dog analogies?” Staring around the room, she leaned back slowly until her back was pressed against her friend's chest. “Have you ever just felt so…blah?”
 
A hand with perfectly manicured nails dragged through her raven locks a few times, a disbelieving smile etched onto ruby red lips. “Umm….no…but the light of my life, the man of my dreams, the man who put `tablous' in fantablous walked in that door.” Jumping three times while attempting to walk forward, it was as if the man was walking on air.
 
Kagome smiled, amused at the energy that this fairy had in him. “All right Jak, spill it.” It was a new flavor of the day with Jak; every time she saw him, he was fawning over somebody different. She hadn't known this man to ever have a relationship that lasted for over two days…besides with his hallway mirror, that was.
 
Jak, known only by an elite few as Jakotsu, chewed on his bottom lip for a moment before whining like a little girl, pulling his right leg up off the ground and touching the heel of his boots to his butt. Squirming in his spot, he nodded over towards two men sitting at the bar. “He makes me want to be a bigger man.”
 
Kagome turned to cast a side glance at Jakotsu. “You mean a better man?”
 
Jakotsu shrugged, flashed Kagome a dazzling white smile, then skipped off behind the bar and walked towards the two patrons. “That too.”
 
Kagome sighed heavily and began following Jakotsu around the bar, hesitating as she got closer to the two patrons. She had always known Jakotsu had impeccable taste, and normally his gay-dar was right on level, but as she got a glimpse of Jak's new obsessions silhouette, she nearly fell over. Grabbing the left sleeve of Jak's Prada bright pink poplin shirt, she stopped him a few feet away from InuYasha. Pulling him backwards by his shirt until they were out of hearing range, she eyed him sternly. “No, Jacky, he doesn't speak fag.”
 
Jakotsu pulled his arm away from Kagome then brushed off his sleeve. “Don't touch the Prada, sista'.” Sticking his nose up just slightly at the girl, he retorted quickly with his right index finger flying at a mile a minute in front of his face, “What do you know about our language, you…you…woman!”
 
Kagome blinked slowly, “Last time I checked, your language was my language as well. Gay men and women speak the same language, just different dialects.”
 
Jakotsu covered his face with his hand and sighed loudly, then moved it down to rest a finger against his chin as he thought carefully. “'Gome…how can I put this delicately? You…speak straight…I'm fluent in Jakanese. We're world's apart, baby girl. But try back later, Muffin. I'm off to fetch my man.”
 
Kagome snapped her head around to stare back to where InuYasha was, and then looked back to Jakotsu. “Jak…he's straight! I'm talking straighter then a gay man's hard on at a Cher concert!”
 
Jakotsu laughed loudly, waving his hand at Kagome. “There is no such thing as a straight man, my dear; only men who haven't met me. You'll see…”
 
Kagome leaned across the bar and grabbed his hand. “Jak! He's dating my cousin!”
 
Jakotsu snapped his head around to stare at InuYasha, and then looked back to Kagome. It was impressive, in Kagome's opinion, that his dark tresses never shifted from the bun that he must have super-glued them into. “He's `teh InuYasha'? Kikyo's notorious T.O.Y?”
 
Kagome smirked slightly, shaking her head at Jakotsu's colorful comments. “Yes, Kikyo's boy toy. And I'm telling you, Jakotsu, he's so far from gay….he's in Antarctica.”
 
Jakotsu reared back as if she had slapped him then fell to the bar stool that was on his side of the bar. Pressing his left cheek to the surface, he looked up at Kagome with tear filled eyes. “But we were going to grow old together and have adopted poor Chinese orphans ….”
 
Kagome rubbed Jakotsu's arm as she stared back towards InuYasha and Miroku. Something struck her like a truck in that instant. Shooting to her feet, she pressed a kiss to Jakotsu's cheek and waved him off. “I'll be…right…back. I have to ask him something.”
 
Jakotsu lifted his head, a ray of hope glowing in his eyes. “While you're at it, ask him if he is interested in some bi-lingual lessons.”
 
Kagome simply waved her hand at her friend. She had known Jakotsu for about two years; he was in her design class when she was a freshman in Monmouth. They had hit it off immediately; ending the year with one of the best lines of fashion that class had ever seen. She had introduced him to Kikyo, but being that her cousin was the way she was, they didn't take to well to each other. Thinking back now, though, Jakotsu had never really `met' InuYasha. `Lucky bastard,' Kagome thought as she trudged towards the two men.
 
Slipping into the seat next to InuYasha, she placed both hands on the bar without looking at either man next to her. A smirk wormed its way onto her gloss covered lips as she stared at the bottles of Midori liquor and Tequila with the utmost fascination. “So…how was Mama Rosa's?”
 
InuYasha broke off his conversation about political warfare with Miroku to turn his full attention to the girl next to him. Shocked became a good adjective to describe his initial reaction. As her words unscrambled in his brain, he screwed up his face and shook his head. Shaking his head, his black ponytail flopped around his back like a lazy cow's tail. “What the hell are you talking about? Have you gone stupid? And besides…just how the hell did you get in here? It's after nine; only twenty-one and over get through the door now. What gives?”
 
Kagome waved her hand at him, turning her eyes slowly to focus her attention on the man beside her. “Pragmatics. But seriously, you're back early from your date.”
 
“What date?”
 
`Bingo,' thought Kagome as she rubbed the back of her neck, shifting her eyes to the floor. So not only did Kikyo take a low punch at Kagome at night, she lied to achieve it, which completely circumvented Kikyo's little tantrum. `Is she seriously seeing Naraku?' The thought sent chills up Kagome's back, a reaction she couldn't explain. Sure, Naraku wasn't that bad to look at, but there was something in his personality that left her hair on end. Not to mention, he and Kikyo did have a past, as insurmountable as it may be.
 
Feeling a light tug on the left side of her head, she turned and winced as InuYasha let go of a clump of her loose black hair. “You alive in that big world of nothing that is your mind, or should I call the cornier?”
 
Kagome slapped at his hand away before he could lower it and rolled her brown eyes. “Yes, I'm alive. I just thought that Kikyo had said that you two were going out?”
 
InuYasha cast her one very confused look then shook his head in the negative. Stealing her moment of confusion to glance over her attire, InuYasha couldn't help his direct stare that was focused solely on the amount of cleavage the girl was exhibiting. Her shirt, one that he couldn't recall her wearing over the day, was cut low, accenting the two mounds that peaked out from the top of the tight black fabric, begging to be caressed. Shaking his head to rid the thought, his eyes shot up to meet her bemused stare. “No, she was going out tonight with family.” Swiveling in his chair, he narrowed his eyes at the girl, hoping to gain back some ground. She could use his momentary lapse of…eye sight…against him if she chose to, and he knew she knew it. But something had sounded the warning bell behind his beautiful lavender eyes; `Kikyo told Kagome she was going out with me? But she said…no, that doesn't add up. It's not like Kagome would lie about it, either.' He felt his voice drop to more of a smooth baritone texture he had come to expect radiating from his brother, not from himself. “She told you she was…”
 
Kagome waved her hand, dismissing the idea that was forming in both their brains. She was not about to blurt this out at a bar, besides, she had already decided she was not getting into the middle of an argument between the two. If Kikyo was cheating on InuYasha, then she could do it without Kagome's intervention, and reap the consequences as her own. Kagome wanted no part in that mess. With a falsetto and a flutter of her long painted lashes, she shook her hair behind her head and smiled at InuYasha and Miroku. “I must have heard her wrong. She said she was going out, I just assumed it was with you.”
 
InuYasha studied her face for a moment then turned back to the southern comfort that was in front of him. Kagome wasn't stupid, and watching her trying to play the card he had come to know as the `insert-giggle-here' card churned his stomach more then the thought that Kikyo might have lied to him. `Another thought to discard quickly,' he thought as he swallowed thickly. So diving into a rather ambiguous and hardly concerned state of mind, he merely shrugged. “You should get your ears checked, wench.”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and leaned further up against the bar and waved to Miroku, intent on ignoring the man next to her. She was glad, in part, that he simply waved off the chance affair, instead of blowing up and storming from the facility, but his insults still rubbed her the wrong way. So she threw some of her own. “How are you doing, letch?”
 
Miroku smiled back patiently. He continued to sip his Millers while contemplating his response. He loved being that third wheel…the third source; the one that no one remembered was sitting there. He heard it all, and no one ever looked to him for advice. But when they did….when InuYasha would come to him and ask if he thought that lying slut was cheating on him, Miroku would have some great backers for his response. He loved that knowledge, and if it meant sitting out of the conversation and simply retaining what he heard, he didn't care. It would be well worth watching Kikyo's expression as he regurgitated it all to the bitch.
 
When Miroku started hating Kikyo was a by-gone fact to him, all he knew was that he wanted her out of his best friend's life. He had been InuYasha's side kick for nearly twenty years. He had been through it all with InuYasha, and the last thing he wanted to see was his friend hurt, but since Kikyo walked into the picture, that was all that Miroku saw in InuYasha's eyes. Not only had she ruined their plans to be able to go to bars and pick up girls, but she had ruined their teenage years of girl watching, drunken bachelor nights, and the right to call their apartment a `bachelor pad'. So yes…he'd admit it; his hatred for Kikyo was selfish, for she ruined things not only for InuYasha but him as well. But even beneath that selfish façade InuYasha understood, laid a much different reason.
 
Kikyo was a whore.
 
Miroku knew it…he excelled in knowing all about whores, being one himself. Kikyo lusted for power, she lusted for money, and InuYasha was all of that in a perfect eye-candy package. Men had trophy wives, but just as commonly, women had trophy husbands. That was their relationship in a nut shell; the other using the other for popularity, status and a good fuck. Could Miroku wrong InuYasha for this, no…but he didn't approve. From the first time Miroku had met Kikyo, he felt that the bitch was pulling away his best friend, and for what? If InuYasha would ride off into the sunset with the tramp, happy as a pig in shit, he'd let him go…but the vixen was really a succubus, drawing his life from his body. And InuYasha had made it clear that his father, and her father, intended for them to wed. As far as Miroku was concerned, each day InuYasha spent with Kikyo was another day he was an inch deeper into his grave.
 
Now there was Kagome. He…liked…Kagome. Not in the `I'd bang her in a second' way…well…he would, but that was besides the point. InuYasha was interested, and Miroku could tell it was an interest that had dark roots…lasting roots that InuYasha was scared of. And that had brought a ray of hope to the otherwise dim situation. If InuYasha would only act out on that feeling, those emotions, maybe they could be rid of Kikyo all together. Miroku…didn't mind Kagome; and though InuYasha said she was a clone of Kikyo, Miroku didn't see it. She was bitchy, but in a tasteful manner, and had enough flair to keep InuYasha in line.
 
With a smile, he leaned forward on the bar to and inclining his head just a degree, he responded politely. “Very well, Lady Kagome; InuYasha and I were just debating as to what fine young lady I would be taking home with me tonight.” And she got his humor, which was another plus to the girl. And…she could weasel her way into a bar and order drinks without getting busted for being a minor…man, she was racking up points in his book tonight, he could just taste it.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes with an exasperated sigh. Turning to look behind her, she caught sight of Jakotsu talking to a few men by the door with his back turned to the group. From behind, he looked like some sort of high class business lady; his back had no muscles to it, his ass was in perfect shape and pressing against the jeans that he was wearing that he so obviously bought from a Dolce and Gabbana outlet in the women's department. Top it off with the heels on his Prada boots, the man looked like one rich chick…and this couldn't play out any funnier.
 
“How about that Lady by the doorway,” Kagome suggested off handedly, the smile barely contained on her face. If Miroku actually got up to talk to Jakotsu, Kagome was sure that she would die of hysteria.
 
InuYasha and Miroku both turned to look, and Miroku tilted his head to his right, admiring the rear view of a person he obviously didn't know was a man. “Hmm…you might have a point, Kagome.”
 
“I'm sure that…she…does to.”
 
Miroku shook his head, grabbed his drink, and held up a finger towards the two. “I'll be right back.”
 
Kagome wrinkled her nose, her eyes ablaze with humor. “I'm sure you will be.”
 
InuYasha watched Miroku venture off into the crowd then turned to Kagome. “What…did you just do?” seeing Kagome's eyes unwavering from watching Miroku, he coughed once and shifted in his seat. “We weren't really talking about…”
 
Kagome waved her hand at InuYasha and put a finger to her lips. “Hush. This is going to be too good to miss.”
 
Miroku approached his target, his cockiest smile washed across his lips and his eyes sparkling in mischief. Looking back at Kagome, he gave her thumbs up and winked, remembering to pay homage to the girl later if this worked out. This new chick had some taste, he could give her that; but he wasn't all together interested in the rich bitch type of chick. Ignoring the cock-eyed stares from the two cornered men Jakotsu had been talking to; Miroku slung his arm around Jakotsu's shoulders and leaned his head to his right shoulder. “You know, I'm fighting the urge to make you the happiest woman on earth tonight…”
 
 
From the side lines, InuYasha rolled his eyes and turned in his seat. Tilting his head to his right, his eyes widened as the figure turned to face Miroku when he tapped her on the shoulder. InuYasha nearly pitched out of his seat. “Holy…”
 
Kagome reached over and slapped her hand against his mouth, covering the gaping cavern so that he couldn't warn Miroku. “Seriously…think about how much you can rag on him over this. Don't ruin the moment…it could be love.”
 
Jakotsu turned slowly, his eyes widened as he locked eyes with Miroku. The purple eye shadow rose with his eyebrows as he looked over Miroku a finger gently pressed to the side of his mouth taking in the boy's appearance. Jakotsu licked his lips and replied, “Oh honey, I don't know…you are cute, I'll give you that…and your offer sounds appealing…but something tells me that you don't travel the Hershey highway often.”
 
Off to the left, InuYasha narrowed his eyes, not liking the fact that Kagome had so gracefully covered his mouth, but he couldn't deny that she did have a point. He knew who Jakotsu was, everyone `knew' who Jakotsu was; with apparently the exception of Miroku, who was standing with his jaw hanging open gaping at the flamboyant cross dressing man. Oh what InuYasha wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall next to those two? He could see Miroku stammering like Porky Pig, probably coming up with something smart to say. Taking a glance at the appeased look on Kagome's face, he could only imagine this was payback for some crime that she imagined had been committed against her…or the female race. That had to be it. `Stupid feminist', InuYasha thought as he lazily ran his tongue down the center of her palm.
 
Kagome's reaction was nearly as priceless as Miroku's, but slightly more violent. She snapped her hand back with a completely dumbfounded look on her face before lashing out and slapping InuYasha across his left cheek with the wet hand. Of course the blow was light to the touch, with the position of their bodies turned sideward; there was little leverage for her to use to exert force…but all that mattered in InuYasha's mind was the fact that the bitch had struck him. InuYasha stared ahead for a moment, chewing on the inside of his cheek, before swiveling his barstool to face the girl.
 
“Why…you little….”
 
Across the room, a voice rang out rather loudly, “Umm…I'm sorry…I'm drunk, and this is irrational…completely impossible…actually, it's against my religion.* I'm…going over here now…” Turning away from Jakotsu, Miroku nearly ran back towards the pair. `Okay…she so just lost all her points,' he thought with a glare that could kill etched across his face. The world was going to be one Higurashi short when he was done with her.
 
Kagome, who was completely ignoring InuYasha, was laughing hysterically, so much in fact that tears were actually beginning to slip from her eyes. She could just about feel Miroku's eyes burning through her curtain of raven hair that covered her face and chose to keep buried for a moment longer. She was in what could be considered a bad situation at this point. InuYasha was ready to lunge at her from his chair for slapping him and Miroku, she was sure, wanted her dead.
 
InuYasha turned away from Kagome as the boy with a face the shade of some fire-hydrants returned from his adventure. InuYasha carefully evened out his expression and asked as calmly as he could, “so…did you get a number?”
 
Miroku reached out and shoved InuYasha off his barstool. “Can it, asshole. That is so not cool.”
 
Kagome threw her hair back out of her face and hid her smile behind a well placed hand. “So how'd it go?”
 
Miroku held out a threatening finger towards her, his entire body was nearly shaking. “That was so wrong; I don't know where to start!”
 
InuYasha was still laughing from his place on the floor. Grabbing the barstool with one hand, he attempted to pull himself up while responding wryly, “hey, I thought you were always up for trying something new?”
 
Miroku turned and kicked the stool over, sending both it and InuYasha back to the floor. “Shut up, you don't know how traumatizing that was!” Looking at Kagome, he narrowed his eyes, “you are a bad, bad, person!”
 
Kagome giggled then shook her head in a halfway meant apology. “I'm sorry Miroku…I couldn't help myself. Besides, after all the girls you go through in one night, I think you deserved that.”
 
InuYasha had finally righted his stool and was beginning to sit back down when Kagome's words filtered through his brain. “Keh,” he scoffed as he dropped into his chair, “you make it sound like you've never had a one night stand. Oh, wait, that's right, you're a virgin! What do you know about chicks who get picked up?”
 
Kagome swallowed dryly and slid her eyes from Miroku to InuYasha. “Are we really going to get started here, on this topic? I am well aware that a girl who falls for stupid lines from guys like you two, are asking for what you give them, and that's the one-night treatment, but not all girls want your bullshit. You are nothing but two horny guys coming here to try to find some poor virgin nun to take home and defile.”
 
Miroku cleared his throat, trying to look rather pious. “My dear Kagome, I do not look for nuns in a bar. If I want something that pure, I'll visit the local convent and sweet talk myself into the light of one of those wonderful, wonderful devoted members.”
 
InuYasha cracked a smile, “Sorry Miroku, priests only go for boys under the age of twelve.”
 
Miroku cast a dark glower at InuYasha. “That was so uncalled for.” Maybe tonight just wasn't his night after all.
 
Kagome felt her eyebrow twitch. “Something tells me that you know where the local `convent' is. Do you do this often?”
 
Miroku's lips twitched into a smile as he shifted his gaze towards Kagome. “My dear girl that is something you…will never know.”
 
InuYasha shook his head and ordered three red-headed sluts from the bar keep. Looking at Kagome, he made a face. “So, you gonna spill just how you got in here?”
 
Kagome laughed and turned and waved slightly at Jakotsu before looking back at InuYasha. “I have my connections, I told you not to worry about it.”
 
InuYasha followed her gaze then shivered slightly. “So…” extracting his eyes from Jakotsu, who's smiled widened greatly when seeing InuYasha staring at him, he looked back to Kagome, “how do you know Jakotsu?”
 
Kagome shrugged, “I've known Jak for about two years. We had a few classes in Monmouth together.” Turning to look at InuYasha, she tapped her chin, “But not many know him by his full name. How do you know him?”
 
Miroku's mouth was hanging open by this point in the conversation. Pulling his right hand back to his left shoulder, he let it hang there for a moment before thumping InuYasha across his chest with the back of his fist. “You knew that was a guy and you didn't even try to warn me? Thanks…and here I thought we were friends. What a douche…” he grumbled as he turned his back on InuYasha and Kagome.
 
InuYasha brushed Miroku's hand away and looked back at Kagome. “You know who my brother is…and of course I know who Jakotsu's cousin is.”
 
Kagome sat back in her chair and rolled her eyes, trying to make up for her suddenly shifting uncomfortably in her chair. This wasn't going nice places; anytime Bankotsu was mentioned, the conversation would seem to sprout wings and fly in directions that she could reach. “Oh…family wars, I'm sorry, I forgot.”
 
“It's Sesshoumaru versus Bankotsu for control of the eastern seaboard in profiteering. All of Bankotsu's companies have been the major competitors against Sesshoumaru for the last three years. They are the only ones who are holding Sesshoumaru back from total domination of industry.”
 
Miroku paid the bartender for the shots then distributed them out to his friends. “What about Kouga Watanabe? You're forgetting how much of an up and coming star he is to the business world.”
 
Kagome's nearly choked as she winced at the name. `Of all the people…why did they have to mention him?'
 
InuYasha noticed her discomfort immediately and his smile became nearly cynical. He wasn't all too pleased with the reminder of that flee bag, another creature that he loathed nearly as much as Naraku, or to the fact that he knew that Kouga and Kagome had a past. Leering at Kagome, just to make her uncomfortable, he jibed, “well, we all know someone who knows Kouga a little to well…don't we? Tell us Kagome, just how up and coming is he?”
 
Kagome batted her eyes for a moment, gritting her teeth at the back of her jaw. “You know, you can't insinuate that you think me a virgin one moment, and then make me into a slut the next. You really need to get your stories right.”
 
Miroku held up his shot, getting their attention for a moment. All three raised their glasses and took back the liquid with a grimace. The cranberry juice seemed to sedate some of the Jagermeister, but it was still very potent.
 
Miroku put his glass back to the table first, a smile etched across his face as he licked his lips twice. “Damn…that's good.” Flagging down the waiter, he ordered a round of Kamikazes. This was the game that he and InuYasha played; one would order the drinks, the other was forced to pay. They kept going until they either got sick, or were kicked out. Normally it was the latter. “So…you boned Kouga? Wow, Kagome…I didn't know you had it in you.”
 
Kagome growled at the insinuation, rolling her eyes and trying her best to advert the situation. “Look…I dated Kouga years ago…I was hardly out of high school. It was a mistake, it was a really bad relationship, we ended it within two months, and he's engaged now anyway, so what does it matter?”
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow, something deep inside of him pleased that she was so avidly against the thought of her and Kouga. He hated seeing them together, not that he would ever admit it. Kouga was far too overprotective and jealous of the girl to give her room to breathe. Sure, Kouga's family was rich, and by blood, so was he, but Kouga was an A-Class asshole.
 
Kouga had graduated a year above InuYasha, but the two were always rivals. Sesshoumaru had seen to that personally, before he graduated from school three years before InuYasha. He set the fire between the two boys with a girl named Aayme, a girl in InuYasha's grade. InuYasha never understood Sesshoumaru's game at that stage in life, or what he was thinking when he bade the two boys to fight over the girl. InuYasha had a crush on her, sure, she was pretty with a nice rack…but it never went anywhere other then for that. For some reason, Kouga took it as a personal challenge and had never stopped competing with InuYasha.
 
When InuYasha began dating Kikyo, Kouga dumped Aayme and began harassing Kagome to go out with him. Secretly, InuYasha was glad that Kagome never gave him the chance in hell…until she graduated. Kouga saw it as a personal victory over InuYasha, even all those years later.
 
It took some life experience to see exactly what Sesshoumaru had been thinking back then, and even now, InuYasha resented the bastard for it.
 
Sesshoumaru always knew what he wanted to do in life. He always knew he would follow in his father's footsteps and become a wealthy business tycoon. He also knew who his competition was; Kouga's family, however low on the chain of business command they were, was nevertheless competition. Sesshoumaru had been sounding out Kouga's integrity to see just how much of a competitor he would be when he was older, and he had gotten an accurate lead. Today, Kouga was right behind Bankotsu in the leading industrial tycoons. It could even be said that he was the next Sesshoumaru.
 
`Keh,' InuYasha thought idly while he eyed the shot set before him, `like he would ever take on my brother and win. No one will ever win against that dog…he'd kill and eat them first.'
 
Kagome picked up her shot, noticing how silent InuYasha had fallen at the mention of Kouga's name. With a nudge of her elbow, she toasted, “here's to an interesting school year. I'm sure it will be…something…else.”
 
InuYasha couldn't agree more.
 
The three rocketed off the shot, and as they finished, Miroku looked to InuYasha for the next order. Shots were great, gave new flavors over their normal intake of beer. After this, when they were disbarred from the bar, they would stumble home, crack open a twelve pack, and get completely shit faced. Oh, what lovely days Thirsty Thursdays truly were.
 
“Can I order us a shot?”
 
InuYasha looked to Kagome then chuckled under his breath. “Sorry wench, you need to know names of drinks here to actually get one. Besides, I don't drink prissy girly shit.”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and leaned closer to the bar tender. “Three rocky mountain bear fucks, please.”
 
The bartender's lips twitched up into a smile as he began work on the concoction.
Miroku shot InuYasha a confused look before looking back to Kagome. “A what now?”
 
Kagome wrinkled her nose and quickly listed off the ingredients. “Whiskey, SoCO, and Bacardi 151, mixed together to make one hair raising wonderful concoction.” Looking at InuYasha, she cocked an eyebrow, “I don't tend to like `girly shit' either. But it's good to know you don't pass judgment, Judy.”
 
InuYasha's eyes lit up as he sat back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest. “Hot damn, who would have thought you to be a little alcoholic, Kaggie? Drinking the real shit and stuff…I'm sort of impressed. And don't call me Judy, that's awful and that woman's a bitch.”
 
Kagome's dark eyes sparkled back at the disguised dog demon like diamonds shimmering through an abyss of nothing. “I know.”
 
InuYasha leaned closer to Kagome, his eyes narrowed, “Let's see if you can drink me under the table then?”
 
As the barkeep delivered the drinks in front of them, Kagome could only laugh in her head. `Oh, the battle he shall lose…”
 
*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*
 
 
Miroku grabbed the door as the three stumbled from the establishment, holding it open for the invisible couple behind them. Doubling over with his hand held out, Miroku called out in a rather airy high pitched tone, “After you!”
 
Kagome turned from where she and InuYasha stood ahead of the drunken fool, a smile plastered onto her face, only outdone in magnificence by the glaze that coated her eyes. “Why, thank you!” She giggled once; putting her hand to her mouth, then began to fall backwards into InuYasha's warm and welcoming chest.
 
InuYasha simply shoved her upright. “Damn, you really can't hold your liquor, bitch. Look at you, all fawning over Miroku and shit. Can't even stand on your own! Keh, you're a mess!”
 
Miroku stumbled up to the group, sticking out his chin with a façade of dignity being mustered up by the fool. “Don't be a douche, Yash. Just cause you don't stumble or slur doesn't mean you're not drunk. You just have an insane resistance to this mortal nectar of the gods!”
 
InuYasha wrapped his arm under Kagome's as she took to the curb to walk the `balance beam'. Shooting Miroku a scathing look, he nodded towards Kagome, “now what are we going to do with her? She can't drive, and I ain't walking to campus!”
 
Miroku waved his hand and began patting down his pockets, “I'll drive her.”
InuYasha scoffed louder, looking slightly offended. “The hell you will! Not in that state. Look…”
 
Miroku's smile grew in a split second; from actually concerned to a rather lecherous intent, “That's fine. She can sleep with me tonight. I always wanted to give a Higurashi a test drive…”
 
InuYasha's glower grew menacing.
 
Even in his drunken state, Miroku could sense the hostility. “Fine…I get it, she can sleep in your bed, and you get to fertilize the entire Higurashi blood line.” Shaking his mop of black hair, the drunken man sighed dejectedly and muttered; “Greedy bastard.”
 
InuYasha waved his hand to shut Miroku up. Ignoring the temptation to slap his age old friend across the back of his head, preferably with a two-by-four, InuYasha ran his hand down his face and groaned. “There will be no fertilizing of anything tonight! We are going home to a twelve pack of Coronas…then we are passing out. She can sleep on the couch.”
 
Kagome hopped off the curb and pulled away from InuYasha's hold. Turning to walk backwards, she clasped her hands in front of her, her eyes sparkling in the twilight. “I think we should go back to your place and throw a party. I'll call Rin…and you…can invite whoever, just not my cousin, and we'll party all night! Come on…it could be fun!” Her eyes widened as she got a better idea, or at least what seemed like a better idea at the time. “Or…we could play Parcheesi!”
 
InuYasha met her gaze, his eyes drifting down to her clasped hands, then a little further south towards her cleavage. He wondered briefly, as he lost himself in the glorious sight, how his dick would feel sliding through those two twin peaks, with her mouth waiting on the receiving end. Just the thought got him hard.
 
Shaking his head as hard as he could, his eyes widened as he raised his eyes to see Kagome's wicked smile. `Damn, damn, damn, shit! I can't…no…I won't…no…I…shit!' He hated his penis right now, and that was hard for him to admit. How dare it take over his thought progress in front of her; if she noticed he was leering, she would have ample ground to tease him on for the rest of his life. And letting Kagome hold something over his head was so not in the cards.
 
“Will you stop staring down my shirt, you pervert? I expected that from Miroku, not you!”
 
Miroku laughed loudly and nearly fell over his own two feet as he turned to stare at InuYasha. Holding out his arm, he flailed the limp around like a fish out of water. “Hah! And you yell at me! Well….take that and shove it…” blinking twice, he looked back at Kagome, “wait, why am I yelling at him? Shouldn't I be happy that something of mine is rubbing off on him?”
 
Kagome wrinkled her nose. “Better that then one of your collected STD's.”
 
Miroku hollered suddenly, and then ran forward, wrapping one arm around Kagome's shoulders and continued running forward, the drunken girl barreling down the road to keep up. “Oh…I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner…”
 
Kagome laughed as Miroku slowed down his pace, singing at an unruly loud voice, and horribly at that. Joining him in the abrupt outbreak of song, the two bellowed out, “That is what I truly want to be! And if I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner…”
 
InuYasha caught up to their sides, his eyes wide as he tried to pry the two apart, “Do you even know what you're yelling right now? Will you two shut up?”
 
Miroku looked at Kagome, who looked back at him and together they turned to InuYasha and screamed, “Everyone would be in love with me!”
 
InuYasha tried to hold a scowl on his face but it broke into a brash smile and a dark chuckle. “You two are so fucked up.”
 
Kagome rested her head against Miroku's shoulder and stared at InuYasha. “Let's go find some more liquor…please! Oh pretty please!”
 
InuYasha's smile turned into a rather wicked smirk as he took a step towards Kagome, his expression becoming that of a predator, hungry for its prey. “and here I thought,” he said while reaching out to trace her jaw with his index finger, “that the proud Kagome Higurashi doesn't beg.”
 
Kagome bit playfully at his finger, her eyes never leaving his. “Careful, Yasha-kun,” she said with a sickly sweetness that could only sound right coming from Kikyo, “I do bite.”
 
Miroku rolled his eyes, tugging Kagome away from InuYasha before this could escalate on the street. He knew that look in InuYasha's eyes; he was out for some ass. “And here I thought we learned our lesson from sticking fingers by people's mouths. Really, InuYasha…for shame!”
 
InuYasha chose to ignore Miroku at that moment and tried to move closer to Kagome, of whom Miroku kept at a safe distance. “Don't worry Kaggie, I bite back.”
 
Kagome whirled out of Miroku's grasp and sauntered towards InuYasha. Putting her hand on his chest, her eyes met his in a clash of perseverance. “Biting is the last of my worries.”
 
Raking her fingers against his hardened muscles under his shirt, her smile turned into something that left InuYasha speechless. It was a glaze that overtook her eyes, surrounded her aura and transcended the Kagome he had known into something else. The moonlight glistened through her black hair, coating the raven locks with an ethereal radiance. Her brown doe eyes turned to those of the Goddess Diana, fresh from the hunt. Her body besought temptation, her soul begged to be ravished. It was as if The Elixir of Life lay deep within the deepest chasm of her heart, whispering that immortality lay in her hands. Her voice may as well have been the song of the Sirens, lulling the qualms that plagued a man's soul; for all that InuYasha could hear or taste, was the beauty and rapture that was Kagome.
 
The brown eyes that were the bane of InuYasha's disposition darkened with an erotic countenance. “I can tolerate pain, InuYasha. Don't you worry about me. But what about you?” Licking her lips slowly, InuYasha's eyes watched every movement of the pink muscle as it darted about those two kissable… god he needed something to intervene right about now. Kagome pressed herself forward, her lips hardly a few inches away from his, and whispered what, unbeknownst to him, would later be marked as his undoing. “Can you handle me?”
 
InuYasha's eyes widened as he stared down at Kagome. This was a side of the girl had never seen. This was…this was…
 
“Hot damn, did someone turn on the heat in here or is it just me?”
 
Kagome pulled away from InuYasha as if he had slapped her. Blinking quickly, she swallowed dryly and whirled away from him. Walking up to Miroku, as if nothing had happened, and grabbed his arm. “You were saying…something about Parcheesi?”
 
Miroku laughed nervously, shooting a glance back at InuYasha, then looked back to Kagome. InuYasha was rooted in his spot, his eyes widened to a ridiculous extent, and Miroku couldn't blame him.
 
InuYasha tried to swallow the lump that had grown in his throat, threatening to choke him of what little life remained in his body. Hot in here, no…InuYasha was now positive that he was standing somewhere in the seventh layer of hell, underneath the ice, staring up at the tainted angel that just out of his reach. His body yearned to finish that conversation, to claim that welcoming pink orifice and defile it to no end. His breath was labored, as if he had just run a marathon (or thrown the said vixen up against a wall and banged her like a cheap gong*).
 
Not quite sure how much time he spent there, drooling in the ominous January breeze, all InuYasha knew was that when he was finally snapped out of his reverie, the other two had been engulfed in the darkness of the streets. With a swear under his breath and an adjustment to the tightened front of his jeans, InuYasha darted off down the roads hoping to reach the two before they did something stupid…like fornicate.
 
 
&X&X&X&X&X&X&X&X&X&XX& ;X&X&X&X&XX&X&
 
““New York's such a wonderful city. Although I was at the library today. The guy was very rude. I said, "I'd like a card." He says, "You have to prove you're a citizen of New York." So I stabbed him.*”
 
Kagome nearly fell off her seat, her laugher piercing the ears of the two other men by her side. Then she did fall off the couch. Somehow the intoxicated girl managed to keep her bottle of Coors upright as she landed, laughed a little bit more then took another lengthy sip.
 
Miroku pressed pause on the DVD player, and threw his head back, joining Kagome in her bubbling laugher. Even InuYasha joined in after a moment.
Kagome exhaled loudly and shifted her head back to stare up at the two men that were nearly as drunk as she was. Resting her head against the faded blue couch, she smiled up at Miroku. “And why have you…never…shown me this Emo guy before?”
 
Miroku stared at her for a moment, slowly pondering the answer to her question. One could nearly see the proverbial light bulb illuminate above his head. “Oh! Because we really just got acquainted with each other a few days ago.”
 
Kagome opened her mouth, as if all the logic of the world had been endowed upon on. Bobbling her head, she shifted her gaze to InuYasha. “Why haven't you?”
 
The black haired boy finished off the last of his can of Budweiser, then chucked it towards the recycling can, missing it completely and landing it in one of Miroku's shoes. Turning his gaze to Kagome, he snickered once. “Why haven't I what?”
 
Miroku shouted above Kagome, drowning out her question, “dumped Kikyo and started dating this fine piece of ass.”
 
InuYasha leaned across the couch and punched Miroku in the shoulder before collapsing on the two cushions, his head inches from Kagome's. “Fuck it; I just don't have the energy to argue with you.”
 
Miroku opened his mouth, and slowly nodded his head. “Wow…so this is what it feels like to be right. Wow…I think I'm going to get better acquainted with these feelings.”
 
Kagome shut her eyes slowly; her words slurred together by chance syllables. “What…feelings `re you talkin' `bout, Miroku?”
 
Miroku smiled resting his head on his left shoulder with a smile the size of Colorado etched across his face. “Why…the warm and fuzzy feelings this comedian has given me.”
 
InuYasha opened one eye, cracked a smirk and added dryly, “that's not from the Comedian, Miro…it's from your hand on your cock.”
 
Miroku glanced down into his lap, blinking twice and nodded. “Oh…hump….you're right.” Looking back at the two, he blinked, “you sure that's my hand?”
 
InuYasha grunted and nudged Kagome with his chin. “Hand check.”
 
Both InuYasha and Kagome held up their hands, stared at them for a moment, then attempted to glance in Miroku's direction. Kagome happened to fall over in the process.
 
InuYasha opened his mouth to report back to Miroku that it was, indeed, Miroku's own hand, when he heard Kagome hit the floor. Looking down at the girl, who appeared to be unconscious, he looked back up at Miroku. “Dibs.”
 
Miroku was still staring at his crotch. “You can't call Dibs, man…that's just…so not cool.” Shifting his gaze, his eyes shined under the florescent light. “I mean…she's out cold, and helpless, and you are a bad, bad person for wanting to take advantage of that…before me!”
 
InuYasha stared at Miroku for a moment, his eyebrows knitted together. “No man…Dibs…the ice cream. I want some. I think we have some or did your fat ass eat them all?”
 
Miroku gazed helplessly at InuYasha before struggling his way to his feet and extracting his hand from his pants. “I am so fucked up right now. Leave me a message and maybe I'll call you back.”
 
InuYasha glared at Miroku before turning his back and stumbling into the kitchen in search of desert. Stealing a glimpse at the clock, he was amazed, somehow, to find it three o'clock in the morning. Grabbing the orange container from their refrigerator, he turned to stare into the living room. “Yo, Miro…dude, it's…” Closing his eyes and reopening them, he came to realize Miroku had vanished. Walking back into the living room, his eyes latched onto those of Kagome, who had sat up and was rubbing her face.
 
“My hands are right here, I think…hey, where'd Miroku go?” Blinking, she glanced around, her mind in a daze. Hadn't InuYasha just been sitting behind her, Miroku as well? Where had they gone? Looking around, she nearly jumped out of her skin when InuYasha appeared in front of her.
 
InuYasha blinked down at the girl then offered her an ice cream ball. “Dib?”
 
Kagome waved it off and struggled to her feet. Stumbling towards the bathroom, she managed to work her way to the sink. Staring into the mirror, she was amazed at what stared back. Her makeup had worn off from the tears of laugher that had stained her face. Her eye makeup was a mess, and she looked more like Hydra than Helena. With a groan, she turned on the hot water to attempt to wash the caked on foundation from the rest of her face.
 
She hadn't been this drunk in ages, she reckoned while the warm water slid over her skin. Groaning lightly, she scrubbed half heartedly at the makeup on her face, making sure not to inhale the water as it fell from the tap. The last thing she wanted to do was drown in the sink. Was that even possible? Kagome shook her head, `I'm sure somebody drunk has done it before.' Standing up, she screamed outright upon catching InuYasha's reflection behind her.
 
Free of his container of Dibs, the man walked up behind Kagome, trapping her against the basin of the sink with his chest pressed firmly to her back. Reaching around her, he turned on the sink and proceeded to wash the sticky goodness of Vanilla ice cream coated in chocolate off his fingers, all the while his face buried in the vixen's hair. He took a moment to inhale deeply, relishing the scents of whatever shampoo she bathed herself in. The smell was elating, he noted with a sobriety that he couldn't fathom. She smelled of something…clean, something untainted; such a far off difference than Kikyo. InuYasha was nearly sure he could get lost in the smell.
 
“Do…you mind? Or did you fall asleep?”
 
InuYasha snapped his head up to catch Kagome's slightly offset expression in the mirror, staring back at him. Her beautiful brown eyes were piercing through his masked lavender orbs. For a moment, the two stood so close that their bodies were touching, but words played no part in the equation. InuYasha studied the beauty through the reflective glass, as if seeing her truly for the first time. It was as if this mirror, this slate of glass, stole away all the barriers he had cascaded around her person, the taboo and `do-not-enter' signs that he had decorated her with years before. He saw now the truth before him, and by the Gods did it hurt; he had chosen the wrong Higurashi.
 
As if gaining a mind of their own, InuYasha's fingers slipped from their place on the marble cabinet that held his sink to dance across her face, tracing ever so lightly the bruise that marred her right cheek. Feeling a sense of fierce anger and an even keener definition of protection welling inside of him, his eyes narrowed to slits. “All you have to give me is a name…they'll never touch you again.” His words were chiseled, filled with promise of endless pain to the one who dared lay a hand on his Kagome.
 
`My Kagome,' he thought with a start, knowing that by now he should have been halfway to the boarder of Mexico. This was so bad…so, so bad…he did not need to be this close. He shouldn't be this close to her, she was…she was…poison; a beautiful and alluring toxic means to the end of life. And he was all to willing to indulge.
 
Kagome closed her eyes as his fingers gently caressed the bruised skin, leaning ever so slightly into his touch. “InuYasha…I…” the words just didn't seem to come out right. What could she say; that it wasn't exactly anyone's fault? But it was…it was Oberon's. A morbid part of her brain chuckled at her current disposition; if she were to tell InuYasha exactly how she got the bruise, and then show him the matching set that scarred her back, she was sure he would go running for the hills. But what was the alternative? Tell him she tripped and hit a fist on her way down? She wasn't stupid, and he sure as hell was a lot smarter then she ever gave him credit for. Instead she wisely chose to keep her mouth shut. Besides, his hand felt oddly comforting against her bare skin. `Oh god, that is not a good thought! Do not pass Go Kagome; do not collect two hundred dollars! Bad girl….no, no, no!'
 
InuYasha careful watched Kagome press back against his hand, her cheek melting into his palm; by God he could so get used to this. Acting on impulse, thought having no relevance anymore, he leaned forward and pressed his lips to the girl's neck, right below her jugular. His lips lingered on the sweet spot of ecstasy, his brain going into overload. She honestly tasted as good as she smelled, and he wanted more.
 
Hearing her soft and delicate moan was all the goading he needed; putting more pressure on his lips, InuYasha very slowly began to trail a path up her neck and jaw line, saturating her skin with insistent kiss after kiss. His body was on fire, his length hardened to a painful extent; he wanted Kagome more then he wanted anything else in life, and she was reciprocating those emotions.
 
Kagome's eyes remained closed as InuYasha's lips tested the new ground that he was indulging in. Somewhere in the back of her mind, all that was left of her conscious was screaming for her to stop him, that he was still dating her cousin. But he felt perfect, and she wanted to know just how he would feel inside of her. As she regressed further into her indulgence, and as his feverish lips took the bottom lobe of her ear into his hot mouth, she couldn't deny the butterflies that pounded away at her stomach. Sure she knew the feeling all too well, of being hot and bothered, but man did InuYasha know how to bring it to a new extent. The right hand that had been so comforting to her cheek was slowly dipping down the front of her exposed neckline, its mission; cleavage or bust.
 
InuYasha smirked against the side of her head, inhaling once more the wonderful aroma that was Kagome. Sure, it was slightly permeated by the stench of liquor and beer…but beyond that, all he was seeing was sunshine and puppy dogs. His tongue lavished her ear with attention, tracing the contour of her outer lobe whilst his hand continued its descent.
 
Kagome moaned as his traced over her collarbone, and squirmed at the anticipation welling inside of her. Those damned butterflies were working overtime, shifting the comfortable feeling of being hot and bothered to a whole new level. It was as if she was almost…nauseous. `Oh…that's what that is?' Kagome's eyes hardly had time to widen as the feeling intensified. `Oh…shit.'
 
InuYasha hardly had time to back away.
 
And that, as they say…was the end of that.
 
 
*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X**X*X*X*X*X*
 
 
-Sorry it took so long to write. I knew what I wanted to do but the characters are escaping me right now. Don't worry, they will be detained and presenting another chapter hopefully before Christmas. >.< Thanks to all those who have reviewed; you guys fuel my fire to continue writing! You don't know how much it means to me. Thanks!
 
A thanks to the inspirations of comedy throughout this chapter; Jack from Will and Grace, Eddie Izzard, and my all time favorite comedian, Emo Phillips; all of which I obviously have no rights to.