InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ Bad Blood ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Shades of Gray ~<>~
 
 
~<>~ Chapter 19 ~<>~ Bad blood
 
 
To Miroku, it seemed as if the movie Clash of the Titans had slipped from the plate glass screen of his television and was being acted out live in front of his eyes. InuYasha stood with his arms crossed stubbornly across his chest, his amethyst eyes long turned to stone as he attempted to stare down his older brother. Sesshoumaru, the elusive elder brother, stood returning the glare with a frozen one of his own, his hands shoved into the pockets of his knee length duster. Neither party was about to relent, regardless of InuYasha's question that had been voiced well over five minutes prior. Miroku was beginning to wonder if there was any way he could shift the duo five feet to the left so he could finish the show he had been watching, before Sesshoumaru had so rudely interrupted.
 
Sesshoumaru lifted his chin slightly, his eyes narrowing as his lips twisted further into the dark scowl he always carried. With a derisive snort, he shot forward, walking around InuYasha while muttering, “This was a mistake.”
 
InuYasha wanted to count to ten, just to collect his patience, but he knew that by then his brother would be halfway to New York. Reaching out, he wrapped his right hand around Sesshoumaru's bicep. It could be argued that was the first physical contact they had had in over a year. “Sesshoumaru…what's going on?” His voice hardly broke the stoic mold that Sesshoumaru had once taught him to control. The flatness of his voice screamed that he really didn't care what was wrong, but was more annoyed that Sesshoumaru was wasting their time.
 
Sesshoumaru ripped his arm away instantly, the urge to throttle the whelp in front of him escalating to a tangible prospect. Rearing back, as if the hanyou's touch disgusted him, he eyed his younger brother with a look of deep-rooted mistrust. “Forget it. I was a fool to come here. You wouldn't comprehend the situation even if I were to spell it out for you.”
 
InuYasha would have hit the bastard if he hadn't been aware of Sesshoumaru's strength. Throwing up his hands he yelled, “How the fuck can I understand shit if all you're going to do is stare at me? I ain't a mind reader, Sesshoumaru; I don't know what the fuck is going on.”
 
Sesshoumaru stared down at InuYasha, his jaw firmly set. InuYasha was nearly sure he could hear his brother grinding his teeth together. After a moment, Sesshoumaru exhaled and averted his eyes.
 
InuYasha took an instinctive step back, his mouth falling open slightly. His brother never backed down, ever. To watch Sesshoumaru actually relinquish the argument to InuYasha; it was like watching a building crumble. There was definitely something seriously wrong and InuYasha could feel his heart rate increase. Nothing ever upset his brother. Whatever this was, it had to be important. “Sho, who died?” What had started off as a rough icebreaker was coming back to bite him in the ass. Was it his stepmother? Had his father finally shoved her into her early grave?
 
Sesshoumaru lifted his eyes, his brown orbs still lit with a fire built off abhorrence reserved only for his brother. His top lip pulled back to reveal his set of pearly white perfect teeth. “No one died, you insolent fool,” he hissed darkly, “had that happened, I would have called.”
 
InuYasha blinked. “Is the world ending? Because there ain't nothing else I can think of that would drag you out here to west bumblefuck. I know this ain't a social call, so spill.”
 
Sesshoumaru sighed under his breath, and glanced out the front door. He didn't need to be here; he could just as easily rent himself a hotel, or he could have bought one. But…for some reason, this was the first place his mind told him to go. Though InuYasha's reaction was exactly what he had expected, it still set something off inside of him. It was a self-defense mechanism that was installed by many conversations with his delinquent brother for so many years. He didn't exactly want to snap at InuYasha, he had already fought too many verbal battles that day, but he had forgotten just how belligerent his little brother truly was. `Why did I come here,' he kept wondering while InuYasha stared at him in confusion. “No, baka, the world is not ending nor is this a social call; you should know this Sesshoumaru makes no such visitations.”
 
Miroku slowly walked around the two brothers, his ears catching the entire conversation. His curiosity was piqued, but more so, his sense of self-preservation. He knew enough about Sesshoumaru to know that he had no interest in getting to know him. The man was cold, calculating and probably next in line to be found with over a hundred bodies in his possession, or in his backyard. They had grown up in the same town in New York State, and even attended the same private primary school. Miroku had known InuYasha for years and through him, he knew of Sesshoumaru. Sesshoumaru was a name that was muttered by scared shitless kids, even back then. The boy was hero to some and worst nightmare to others. Miroku had rarely ever come into contact with the legend himself, but the times he had, the mental scars still remained. Sesshoumaru was two years ahead of him and InuYasha and when the boys became friends in the third grade, Sesshoumaru was already moving on to a private secondary school. When InuYasha finished fifth grade, their father had them transferred to another, more prestigious private school in Deal, New Jersey. During the weeks they would live at a mansion on the beach in Deal and on the weekends, InuYasha and Launia would return to New York so he could spend time with his best friend. Their schooling had been slightly strange to the human, though Miroku never questioned it to their faces. Why their father insisted on a new school hadn't been something that Miroku had ever figured out, and was being added to the long list of questions that he had to consult InuYasha about.
 
Sesshoumaru's reputation was notorious, from the first day Miroku heard the name all the way until he graduated high school. As he got older, it was all Miroku heard. He was a cold, manipulating man with a heart of stone and an eye for business. Sesshoumaru was their father's golden child; revered by the businessman and set up for success in the company's name. InuYasha had been shoved off to the side as a black sheep. Miroku had always thought it was fucked up, but he knew InuYasha was better off. Spending that much time with Toga Taisho would have driven his friend to murder.
 
Watching the two now seemed intrusive but fascinating; it was like watching a lion stalk a wounded gazelle on the Serengeti, InuYasha being the prey. When Sesshoumaru had arrived at the apartment, he was abrasive, abrupt and down right disrespectful and he scared the hell out of Miroku. Sitting down on the couch, he watched the two with keen interest.
 
InuYasha's face darkened with each insult, his eyes narrowing with each jibe. “Well then tell me what the fuck you want with me? Did you come down here to make my life hell? Did you come here to piss me off? Cause let me tell you, you're doing a splendid job! But then again, those were always your strong points; being a douche and all…”
 
“This was a waste of my time.'
 
InuYasha scoffed, “Couldn't have said it better myself jackass.”
 
Miroku frowned sensing this was not going to be resolved. Sesshoumaru had come on a mission, there was something he seriously wanted to convey to his brother, but watching the stoic older man, Miroku could see that he was failing his internal battle to spit it out. “Hubris,” Miroku lectured suddenly, praying it wouldn't be the last thing he ever did; “is one of the seven deadly sins, Sesshoumaru.” Glancing to InuYasha he added, “and so is wrath. Might I suggest you two take a deep breath, collect yourselves, and then retry this? It's obvious that…”
 
Sesshoumaru's frigid voice stopped Miroku dead, “I do not believe that any one was speaking to you. Take yourself from this conversation before I remove you.”
 
“Who the hell do you think you are coming into this house and talking to the people who live here like that? Miroku, don't listen to his shit! It's your damn house; you go where the fuck you want to! Besides, this bitch was just leaving.”
 
Sesshoumaru's right eyebrow ticked as he pulled away from InuYasha and walked out the front door. “I knew it would be worthless come here; you are as cantankerous now as you ever were. It was a lapse in judgment that shall not happen again. Sayonara, InuYasha.” It was odd how his voice got louder as he walked away, InuYasha noted wryly; it was as if his brother actually gave a damn that he heard.
 
In retaliation, the younger Taisho shouted, “Don't let the door hit your fat ass on the way out!”
 
There was a stern cough issued from his direct left. Without turning his head, he knew the look that graced Miroku's face. No matter how rude or obnoxious his brother was to Miroku, the kid wouldn't give up. He had always attempted to be the voice of reason between the two Taisho boys, but he had always failed. Partially because he only spoke with InuYasha about his psychobabble, refusing to confront Sesshoumaru at all costs. InuYasha should have known that Miroku wouldn't give it up.
 
“InuYasha, he came here for a reason. I know you two don't get along but he came here to talk to you. He sought you out Yash; the least you can do is hear him out.”
 
InuYasha cast Miroku a glower over his left shoulder, like a whiney child about to argue with its parent. Seeing the stern features that had been cast over his friend, he knew that resistance was useless. With a rather heavy sigh, he pushed his way out the front door and jogged up to his brother's car. It was odd; he had nearly expected Sesshoumaru to be gone by time he made it out of the apartment, yet the older man was sitting in his car staring out the front windshield. InuYasha frowned, `what the hell is up with him? He seems…depressed.' That was a laugh; Sesshoumaru was never anything other than a huge pain in the ass. Seeing him out of sorts was like watching a mystery movie. He was overtly curious about the truth behind it all. “Wait up, you fucking bastard.” Reaching the car, he wasn't shocked when Sesshoumaru paid him no attention. “Look I know you came here to say something. What I don't know is what crawled up your ass, thinking you could come in here and talk to me and my roommate like that?” Seeing no change in his disposition, InuYasha relented. “You drove this far. Instead of wasting time and gas, the least you can do is to tell me what the hell's going on.”
 
Sesshoumaru tilted his head slowly to stare out the open window at his younger kin. “I told you I made a mistake.”
 
Sesshoumaru was starting to worry InuYasha. Never had he seen his brother so below par. It wasn't even fun to pick on the bastard; it was nearly that pathetic! It was as if the man had emotions, and that very well couldn't be true. It was Sesshoumaru! The guy who didn't break a sweat at his bachelor party, the man who didn't shed a tear at his wedding; hell, he hardly looked up from his lap top when he was told his daughter Aya was born and he was a father. What the hell could have him so wound now? “Well I'm making it my damn business. You said it yourself; you don't come here on social calls. Seriously, tell me what's going on?” Was that actually sincerity in his voice? He hoped Sesshoumaru had not picked up on it. Reaching through the car's open window, he placed his hand on Sesshoumaru's shoulder. Hate be damned. After all, it was his brother. When push comes to shove, he would always be there for the jerk, especially for the opportunity to mock him afterwards.
 
Sesshoumaru shifted his eyes down to stare at the offending limb that now rested on his person before slowly dragging them to meet his brother's eyes. “Why am I to believe that you actually would care?” A harsh bite of sarcasm tinged the older youkai's voice as he snapped, “You said yourself Yash, I'm just your bastard brother. Now let me go before I break your arm.”
 
Though he quickly removed his hand, he smirked. “Still violent as ever, huh? I don't know how Kagura puts up with you.”
 
The look that washed over Sesshoumaru nearly knocked InuYasha off his feet. He looked…lost, upset, and maybe even a little disappointed. Shifting his eyes to the wheel of the automobile, he muttered more to himself, “Nor do I, apparently.”
 
InuYasha's mouth opened slightly. So that's what this was all about. Something was wrong on the home front. Resting his elbow on the top of the silver Audi, he tilted his head to stare down through the window. He tried to keep humor in his voice; any serious conversations with his brother always gave him a bad case of indigestion. “Sesshoumaru, what happened? What did that wind bitch do now?”
 
Sesshoumaru took another deep breath, obviously struggling to control his emotions. Without turning his head, he mumbled, “Regardless of whatever was drilled into your head as a child, we Taisho's can make mistakes. Unfortunately father expects us to just lie in them, apart from whether we're happy or not.”
 
InuYasha bit his tongue for a moment, letting the words seep into his soul. It was as if his brother, the mighty and untouchable Sesshoumaru, was admitting he too was mortal. Never had Sesshoumaru or his father ever admitted to any sign of weakness and he wished to relish in the moment. “What mistake did you make, Sessh?”
 
Sesshoumaru stared for a long time at his dashboard. This probably was the hardest proclamation he would ever make. Did it matter anymore, though? Did anything really matter anymore? “Don't ever expect to hear this from my mouth again, InuYasha, but…” Taking another deep breath, he looked at his younger brother and nodded once. The words came out strained, forced. The youkai felt as if he was going to choke on them. “You were right.”
 
InuYasha balked for a moment, lost to the victory. `Hell yeah,' he thought with a smirk. `Dad would be shittin' kittens' right about now.' Deciding to run with a joke to try to wash that look of discontent off his brother's face, InuYasha prodded, “Contrary to popular notion that happens sometimes. Weird huh?” Waggling his eyebrows once, he let all joking slip to the wayside. Stepping away from the car door, he made room for Sesshoumaru to remove himself from the vehicle. “What was I right about, Sessh?”
 
After exiting his vehicle, Sesshoumaru turned to rest his elbows on the car, staring down the street in frustration. This wasn't easy for the young businessman. Relations between him and his younger brother were strained before he married Kagura, his father's pick of the litter. But when he told InuYasha he was actually going through with it, his younger brother had given him haunting advice; `make a pre-nup, because you'll need it in five years. Don't do it, Sho, you'll only fuck yourself in the end.' Shaking his head, he wondered why he didn't listen to his vulgar and yet worldly brother. “You told me not to marry her. You said it would only end in a divorce.”
 
All color washed from the younger brother's face as the severity of the situation hit him like a brick. “Shit, Sho, are you serious?” Seeing no change in his brother's demeanor, he sighed heavily. Ignoring the sincerity this time, he honestly lamented, “Dude, I'm sorry, I didn't know.”
 
Snapping his head to the right, he hissed in a sudden bout of anger, “You've mistaken me, Baka. I am the one who served her.”
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow. “Served her? You mean divorce papers?”
 
Pounding his fist into the top of his car, Sesshoumaru shoved off the vehicle and towered over his brother. Standing six foot three, he was only two shy of being the same height as his father, which still put him three inches over his little brother. “No, fucking breakfast in bed. Yes, you idiot, I'm the one who is ending this façade of a marriage. It has been one long joke that's gone on too long.”
 
InuYasha cringed. “A joke? I thought you two were all happy and shit in the Eww-land. I mean you looked all cheerful two Christmas' ago. What happened?”
 
Sesshoumaru snorted and walked away from his brother. Standing by the street, he shoved his hands into his coat pockets and waited for the younger boy to stand at his side. “Sometimes, InuYasha, looks can be deceiving. I'm sure you know all about that. We played the part to entertain father, an elaborate act if you would. Our marriage has been over the last two and a half years, we've just been refusing to see it that way.”
 
InuYasha nodded gravely. Didn't he know that all to well? `More lies, more facades. Does it ever end?' Dammit, the depression was starting to take to him now. “So what caused this sudden breakdown? You just get sick of it, or did she do you dirty?”
 
Sesshoumaru glanced at his brother, one slender eyebrow disappearing under his thick black bangs. The condescending tone to his voice was innate. “Do you dirty? Do people really say that?”
 
Why did he remember his father asking him the same thing? `I'm telling you, Sesshoumaru is your dad in disguise!' InuYasha grunted and shoved Sesshoumaru's shoulder in jest. “Yeah you prick. Maybe if you got your head out of your ass, you would know that. But then again, it's been stuck up there for some time now; this might require a massive surgery with anesthesia and shit to get it out.”
 
Choosing to ignore his brother's jest, he looked out to the road again. It was an overcast day with the sun hiding behind some looming clouds. No cars intruded on the peaceful serenity that hung between them. It was a perfect day to admit to any type of mortality in this world. It was the worst day, however, to have to ask for favors. “Obviously being that I am the one who served her, I'm not about to go back to the mansion.”
 
InuYasha felt as if he could have done a jig. His brother had come to him for help. It wasn't the other way around, it wasn't by a chance action; Sesshoumaru had sought him out for help. For the first time ever, he felt like he was king of the fucking world. “Finally, the truth comes out. You need a place to stay.” With a chuckle that wasn't meant to insult, he shook his head. “Why the fuck didn't you just go back to Dad's? He has more bedrooms than I do.”
 
Sesshoumaru shifted his weight on his feet. And it was time to deliver the punch line. “I don't want him to know.” Sesshoumaru knew he was risking a lot by telling InuYasha any of this. But by the strained relationship his younger kin had with his father, and the fact that the brothers had some resemblance of a relationship, he figured this was his safest option. Had he have gone to a hotel and his father, by way of chance, managed to trace his finances, he would have assumed the worst. Since he would be with InuYasha, he could claim he had grown a heart over night and wished to spread the warmth. Not that his father would believe him, but it was possible.
 
Snapping his head to the right, InuYasha's mouth dropped to the ground. “Whoa, slow down there, Sesshiles. Father doesn't know that you're getting a divorce? I thought you couldn't do anything against Dad's will without having orders signed by your secretaries, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in the ground for three months before being dug up and recycled to become fodder*.”
 
The glare that he received after that long joke was nearly deadly. “Do you want me to hurt you? You're making it all too easy of a decision to do so.”
 
With a slap of his arm, InuYasha's elation irritated the youkai even more. “As long as you're not reading any poetry, buddy, you can do whatever you want.”
 
Sesshoumaru glanced down to where his brother's hand had come in contact with his person and then dusted off the spot, as if his brother's impurity had left a stain upon his body. Lifting his eyes, he barely held tolerance for his brother's antics. “If you are quite done quoting Douglas Adams…?”
 
InuYasha smirked then shrugged his shoulders. “So, you're cutting out the tumor. That's great. Tell me though; what made you finally decide enough was enough?”
 
Sesshoumaru studied his brother before turning his back and began walking back towards his car. “She was having an affair.”
 
InuYasha's eyes widened. “Oh.” Something inside of his twisted at the thought of that. He was guilty of that as well, wasn't he? He had betrayed all the trust Kikyo had placed in him. How could he comment on Kagura's misdemeanors without reflecting inward first? With a heavy sigh, he chased after Sesshoumaru once again. “Are you sure?” that was a stupid question, being that both parties involved were youkai. Sesshoumaru barely wore his limiter in the house, and therefore could smell anything that was awry on his wife. `God to be able to do that with Kikyo,' he thought. He knew Kikyo was far from perfect, and he was well aware that she had cheated on him at least twice. But he'd done it as well; therefore it was hardly a relevant point. He wasn't about to call the kettle black, being nothing but a saucepot himself.
 
Sesshoumaru went into his car and dug out a duffle bag from the back seat. Lifting it to his shoulder, he responded coolly, “I am more than sure. I walked in on it.”
 
InuYasha grit his teeth. “Ouch. Sessh…I'm sorry…”
 
“It wasn't your cock she was sucking, so you shouldn't feel any remorse.”
 
InuYasha eyed the duffle bag for a moment before lifting his eyes to meet the nearly amber stare. “Sesshoumaru, are you seriously going to stay here?”
 
Sesshoumaru looked to the duffle bag as well before looking back at InuYasha. “These are either clothes or large quantities of illegal substances. You choose the obvious.”
 
InuYasha couldn't help but smirk. “You don't want me to do that.” Glancing into his back seat, InuYasha took note of the suits that hung neatly on the hooks in the back. `Miroku's gonna shit.' Chewing on his bottom lip, he turned slowly to Sesshoumaru. “Don't get me wrong, Sessh. You're family, even if you hate me. But…I mean…we have two bedrooms. You'd be on the couch.”
 
“It's a far better option than being in bed with a whore.”
 
InuYasha had to admit he had a point. Shifting his weight, he tilted his head to his right shoulder, “So…you really ready to deal with me and Miroku twenty-four seven?”
 
Sesshoumaru blinked once. “It's this or admit to Father that I am divorcing his client. He wouldn't be overly pleased. It was his idea for the marriage; we did it for capital gain. Now…” shutting his mouth wisely, he shook his head. “I will be out of you way, as much as I can.”
 
InuYasha slowly shook his head, leading Sesshoumaru back into the apartment. “I would say fuck him. I mean, honestly Sessh. He can't get pissed at you. You're the golden child. I mean, you've followed in dad's footsteps the entire way through life; you've taken over his financial empire, and you're next in line to become the Inu no Taisho when dad steps down. What more can you do? So your wife is a slut, you can't help that. You didn't force her onto that guy. He has to see it.”
 
Sesshoumaru grunted as they entered the apartment and took his place leaning against the far wall. Sweeping over the room to make sure Miroku had disappeared into his room or the bathroom, he added quickly; “He would say that I should drown her in alcohol. Leave her intoxicated so that she can't make any decisions.” After a weighty pause, he confirmed, “He'd want me to turn her into my mother.”
 
InuYasha cringed. “Launia…she misses you, you know? The alcohol has played with her mind too much, and it's not pretty. For a woman who withstood nearly six hundred years…”
 
Sesshoumaru hissed loudly, his eyes narrowing. Glaring around, he pushed off the wall and stalked towards InuYasha. “Remember your place, InuYasha. You have a human roommate…”
 
“Who knows the truth…”
 
Sesshoumaru's face darkened considerably. His voice grew raspy, filled with uncontrolled anger. “How?”
 
InuYasha cringed and shrank away from the dog demon. “Does it matter? It's Miroku! Not like someone I hardly know, or picked up for a one-night stand. He's family minus the blood. Get over it.”
 
Sesshoumaru was livid. His eyes flashed with that homicidal rage that he sometimes got around his brother, and he nearly wrung the boy's neck. “That's foolish, InuYasha! How could you let something this important slip through the cracks! You've jeopardized this family time after time…”
 
“Quit bitching,” a voice echoed from the right. Sesshoumaru snapped his head so fast; the air around his hair resonated with a sound like a whip. Miroku stood in the hallway, his head leaning on the wall. “I'm not going to tell anyone your secret. I wouldn't do that. Yash is my brother, and that means that you are too…in some weird way.” Not sensing the impending doom, Miroku kept ranting; “You're like the half brother that I pretend I don't know cause…well…you scare me. Or like the father's oldest son who's been twice removed.”
 
The glare that Sesshoumaru shot InuYasha was incredulous. It was as if a fire had ignited under the older youkai, burning on rage and indignation. He wasn't quite sure what pissed him off more; the fact that this human whelp had dared to insult him or the knowledge behind his pathetic simile.
 
InuYasha's eyes widened as he held up his hands, overtly aware of his brother's rising ire. “It's a metaphor, Sesshoumaru! He's talking out of his ass.” How could he say this without invoking the human's curiosity? Glaring back to Miroku, he nodded towards his room. “Miro, give us a minute?”
 
Miroku frowned pointedly before eyeing the duffle bag on Sesshoumaru's shoulder. “Wait a minute and back the truck up! Why is he carrying luggage? This better be for some Mary Kay shit `cause there ain't no way…”
 
“Miroku, please!”
 
Miroku growled lightly before turning on his feet and storming down the hallway, grumbling the entire time. He'd get to the bottom of all of the smoke and mirrors flashed about him today. And there was no way that he was going to sleep with Sesshoumaru in the house. With his luck, he'd wake up dead.
 
As soon as the human was out of earshot, Sesshoumaru lit into his little brother. “What else does he know? Is there anything sacred to our family that you haven't shared with your lover? He knows that we are youkai, a secret, might I remind you, that could ruin us all! He speaks of `Jiro…”
 
InuYasha shook his head. “No, he's not speaking of him. I told you, he was talking out of his ass. I never told him about `Jiro. How could I? I've known him for thirteen years and couldn't tell him about us being demons. He just found out a couple weeks ago. He doesn't even know dad's not really turning fifty-eight this year, rather then five hundred and eighty. Try explaining the existence of…”
 
Sesshoumaru cut him off. “All that matters is his knowledge on the subject. Does he know about Kagejiro**?”
 
With a sigh, InuYasha scratched his neck. “No, he doesn't know.” Silence ensued for a moment as Sesshoumaru attempted to read InuYasha's eyes to see if he was telling the truth. Grunting, InuYasha took a seat on the couch. “Why do you hate him, Sessh?”
 
“I do not hate your little friend, InuYasha, but you know my abhorrence of the human race.”
 
“I'm not talking about Miroku, Sho.” Leveling him with a glower, his eyes darkened a hue of indigo. “I'm talking about `Jiro. Why do you hate him so much?”
 
Sesshoumaru grunted and turned his back on the hanyou. Walking into the kitchen, the youkai ended the conversation. Kagejiro was hardly the person that he wished to think about at the present moment. He already had enough problems to confront; that bastard was the last person he wanted to add into the equation.
 
InuYasha stood up with a heavy sigh. “Fine, keep your secrets. You can't run from it forever though. One of these days, he'll surface again and you'll have to face him.” For a minute, InuYasha thought back to Rin and of her confession, or her attempt at a confession. Was she saying what he thought she was? It was possible, though highly improbable. He would talk to Sesshoumaru about that another day. Now was hardly the time, and Sesshoumaru had made it a point that he didn't wish to talk about their only other living sibling. “I'm gonna go break the news to Miroku that you're staying here for…” Raising an eyebrow, he scrunched up his nose. “How long are you going to be here?”
 
Sesshoumaru shrugged once as he prodded through the refrigerator with a wooden spoon. “Half of your food is growing mold, InuYasha. Soon enough, this cooling unit will be smarter than you. Might I suggest actually throwing something out instead of waiting for it to ask you personally?”
 
InuYasha barked out a callous laugh. “Oh, You're funny, Sesshiles. Can it or you'll sleep in there with the fungus.” Flipping Sesshoumaru's ass the bird, he walked down the hallway for yet another wonderful conversation. Miroku was going to kill him.
 
*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X**X*X
 
Sorry so short, but I really don't have anything to add to this chapter. I thought I did but…nah, I'm beat. LOL. more to come that isn't so confusing. It might pay to reread chapter two, BTW, just to reacquaint yourself with their backgrounds. I had to.
 
*- Amended from Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. An amazing piece of literature if you can tolerate strange!
 
**- Pronounced Ka-gee-hiro. The nickname, however, is phonetic. And no, I'm not telling anything more about him. Yet.
 
A big thank you to my new and huggable beta: Ninja teacher Jen!
A shout out:
 
Drake Clawfang: LMAO, I'm glad you enjoyed that line. LOL. Yup, I figured why not, let's change up a few details. So yes, Catherine is Rin. (it was that or Lauren. Rin is actually in Catherine though so it works). Yup, got some back ground (I might drown you in it later, just a heads up. LOL) but…after reading this, you might want to reconsider Inu's thoughts. Lol.
 
Moon_essence1- I'm hoping to shock the crap out of everyone with why Sesshoumaru is actually there. Who would have guessed; completely unrelated new plot line. WOOT! LMAO. >.<
 
Silveraloria: Hmm…was that what Rin was alluding to? You might want to recheck Inu's thought process. Don't worry…everyone is assuming. But…you know my habit of throwing someone new in every now and then. ~_^
 
Caitriona: Yesh, Rin will have a fleshy story by time I'm done with this. So will just about everyone else. You might want to reread chapter 7 when Rin explains why she doesn't talk to the father of her kid. She knew he had another family that was growing. She didn't want to be a problem, so she vanished. ^__^ that's why Sessh has no clue as to what's going on. no, Inu did not notice the scars on Kagome's back. It will be fun when he does though. ^__^ where's Kikyo…hmm…off with her boy toy undoubtedly. Oh, and congrats on the mod position on IYFG. ^__^ I lurk there some times.
 
Loulou4729- All of those extra ellipse statements will come in time. Lol. yeah, the cliffies and me are bad together. i'll update as fast as I can. Promise. ^__^ college is almost done.
 
Inukag_obsession: you bet he is. I keep him under my bed…or at least have attempted to. didn't work to well…kept tripping over his legs. ~_^ hope this is good. ^__^
 
Autumn_the_reviewer: ^__^ did you ever send that email? I'm looking back but I'm not sure. ^__^ anyway, I hear you about being tired. I'm two days late on writing a paper and I just can't. it's to late. LOL. opps? Glad that you enjoyed the last chapter. ^__^
 
TrinityK: you know, I didn't even consider that. LMAO. I was like, hey…that would have been interesting. Oh, I love that everyone else is thinking abstractly about this now. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. You know, honestly, I don't think Bankotsu could take InuYasha. It just can't see it happening. At least in this fic. But…now….he does have some muscle bound relations that we've yet to see…. ^__^ thanks girly!! Oh yeah, I love Hinder! You'll see that by time I'm done. LOL.
 
Toyas_gurl: yesh, my Sesshiles has returned. ^__^ oh I love my fluffy. That will be a bit slower of a story, being that no one even knows the truth yet. ^__^ woot, share the sugar girly!!!
 
Inu_inu_luvluv; thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed!
 
Langus: first and foremost, I want to say thank you! your review has honestly given me a lot to look back on. No, I've only read and done some research on BSDM, don't know anything first hand. ::blush:: LOL. I know, I don't' know what made me think to the Princess Bride but all that I could picture Miro in the pants and that line and I nearly cried. LOL. I enjoy Allusions, but I can get heavy handed with them as well. I'm sure you appreciated this one though. LOL. that's what got me laughing so hard when I read your fic was that I had already had this chapter to my beta and was like, wow….great minds think alike. I agree completely, Kouga would never be in the role of Oberon. He's to…nice, in some round about sort of way. But thank you so much, you really don't' know how much your review has inspired me! good luck with your fic! I'm looking forward to where you go with it! Anything Douglas Adam's related is amazing in my book.
 
BloodTaintedSoul: girly, I was wondering where you went. LOL. kind of different circumstances. LOL. clothing optional. LOl. yesh, Sango can be slightly domish…maybe she'll end up with the leather pants. LOL. nonononon…you can't kill my Bankie. Though he's bad …he's just…err…misunderstood, yeah that's it. NO!!!! ::pets Bankotsu:: Yeah, I want to work Jackie back in…I just need an opening. LOL. ….now considering who I'm talking about, that is so wrong…
 
Girl_X_16: I've always wanted to change up Rin's name. it's so…mundane. It's cute, don't get me wrong, but for a nickname. I think it fits. LOl. Yeah, Kaggie was kind of abandoned but hell, I'm sure she found some way to entertain herself. Nah, can't have to many….no, I take that back…but that wasn't bad. LOL. ^__^