InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Gray ❯ My Black Dahlia ( Chapter 37 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Shades of Gray ~<>~
 
~<>~ Chapter 37 ~<>~ My Black Dahlia
 
 
 
Holding the pictures in his hands, only the dim yellow reflection of passing headlights illuminated the cab of InuYasha's Hummer. Red-rimmed desolate eyes stared listlessly at the photos before him. The tremble in his hand had subsided but the rapid pace of his heart remained consistent. The anger that coursed through his blood had mutated to pain and loathing. For three hours he sat parked in front of the Tau Kappa Epsilon house contemplating murder. The dark thoughts weren't in the nature of a joking fashion or the anger that caused brash ideas; it was the actual thoughts of tearing the bastard limb from limb. The darkness fed the thirst to feel the man's blood on his face, to see the terror in Naraku's eyes before he died in some of the most brutal ways possible. But it wasn't just Naraku that InuYasha's anger was directed at.
 
Crumpling the photo into a small ball, he lit up another cigarette and tossed the image onto the passenger seat. How could she do this? He couldn't bear to look at the photos for another minute. She brought this out in him; she led him to this dark place. He was willing to cast away his entire future to ensure that they had a chance. Everything he was willing to make for her, for them, was gone. It never mattered to her. All along, she was playing him like a fiddle. And for what; what did she gain out of this? Revenge? For what? InuYasha knew that she was mad at him, angry even, for the duplicity that he failed to mention, but this was so much worse.
Shaking his head, InuYasha knew something here was amiss. He didn't want to think rationally, he didn't want to think about how this could be a set up. Why would they mail him the photos? Nothing made sense beyond for the fact that Kagome was sleeping with Naraku. And this proved it. InuYasha simply wanted bloodshed. He wanted Kagome to hurt as much as he did, but something deep inside of him, beyond the pain and the rage was demanding a rational approach. Something was very much not right with the entire situation.
 
Lights reflected off his amethyst eyes as Naraku's Lexus entered the parking lot. A month ago InuYasha would have been out of the car and on top of Naraku's by this point, screaming and hollering. He would have broken the windshield to drag the demon out of the car by his hair. But what was the point? Naraku won, and proof of that was sitting in the passenger seat.
 
Heartbroken, InuYasha dug his fingernails into the arm rests of the chair as Naraku got out of the car and opened the door for Kagome. When had it come to this? Taking a deep breath, he attempted to control the monster raging inside of him. It would be easy to kill Naraku, he could do it. The beast within darkly whispered the ways.
 
Swallowing thickly, he watched with disgust as Kagome took Naraku's hand and walked towards his house. Would she sleep with him tonight? Would she do with him the things they had done? Would she scream for him? The thoughts made his stomach churn. She belonged in his bed. She belonged with him. `But she doesn't want me,' he reminded himself as a part of him died slowly.
 
Tapping his fingers along to Hollywood Undead, he debated what to do. Should he approach them and demand to know the truth? What right did he have to it? Should he wait for Naraku to be alone and rip out his heart? She would have to leave eventually; should he wait for her and approach the slut?
 
His world shifted at thinking of her in relation to that word. Kagome wasn't a slut, she was far from it. She didn't deserve this scrutiny. If he made her happy…. InuYasha knew what he should do. He should put the car in reverse and get the hell out of there. Kagejiro was right; Kagome didn't want to see him and it was only going to get worse when he rained on their parade. He could save face…salvage their relationship for the future…
 
Barking out a terse laugh, he shook his head. There was no future. He told himself he had a chance with her and that they had a chance together, to be able to sleep at night. And that sleep was always the same; dreams of him, dreams of her, dreams of them. Waking up was the hardest thing to do. He never wanted to leave that world where they could still be together, where there was still a chance. Watching Kagome now though, he knew the truth and it was a bitter and harsh reality.
Wringing his fingers around the steering wheel, he wished it was Naraku's neck. What should he do? The demon inside seethed one thing, his broken heart cried for another.
 
`If he touches her, I'm going,' he promised himself. There was no way he could sit by and watch that greasy bastard put his paws all over Kagome. Where he was going, though, was yet to be seen. He just needed a sign.
 
*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*
 
Kagome slowly trailed behind Naraku up towards the looming doors of the Tau Kappa Epsilon house in complete trepidation. What had she been thinking? The entire night the only thing she could look forward to was the date being over. Naraku was nice enough but she simply wasn't interested, and she knew that the moment he smiled at her. That had been nearly five hours previously.
 
Dinner was pleasant, conversation was light and airy, none of the getting-to-know-you bull shit. Nothing was worse than going on a date with a game of twenty questions, she firmly believed. Dinner was all well and good, but it was the movie afterwards where Kagome began to feel highly uncomfortable. She had chosen the heaviest action movie she could to avoid any sappy romance scenes of unbearable awkwardness, and yet the discomfited just wouldn't go away. Then he put his arm around her. She appreciated his straightforwardness of the gesture, there wasn't any phony stretch or awkward reach, but it just made everything that much more…intense; and that was the last thing she wanted.
 
Now it was the long walk to the door that had her hackles up. She had simply wanted to say goodnight at the car and make her way back to her Elantra and be done with the night but Naraku had insisted he walk her there. Instead of heading to the car, though, they were heading for the house. Kagome kept the same simple smile on her lips as they reached the front porch as she had all night. It was the smile of `let's be done with it'.
 
Kagome didn't want to be rude, it really was the last thing she wanted, but Naraku had to see through her. She was so uncomfortable that she was nearly sure it was radiating off her body. Her mother's words, however, was what stopped her from ending the preposterous evening. `Don't wait on life, Kagome,' her mother had said as Kagome walked out the door for her first evening out since moving home, `One day you wake up and you're forty, and you wonder where it went. Don't squander what you have now. Just be smart about it'.
 
Kagome didn't know what she wanted, let alone what this dark haired stranger needed. Well…she knew his motive; she could figure that out on her own. All men were the same, regardless of how they dressed themselves up. He wanted her, and that was the last way she wanted the evening to end.
Running her hands through her hair, she paused at the bottom of the steps while Naraku ascended. Shoving her hands into her pockets, she kicked at the ground lightly and made a face. This was ridiculous; she was well past the age to play games. With a light chuckle, she shook her head. A month ago she would have quickly gone to bed with the gorgeous piece of ass in front of her and rode him till the sun came up. A month ago she wouldn't have cared the ramifications it would have had on her life, on her emotions, on…. Kagome choked on his name. The last thing she wanted to do was mold her decisions based off what Taisho would want her to do. He didn't matter to her, she kept reminding herself.
 
Naraku hesitated, as if feeling her presence not directly behind him. Turning, he glanced down the steps and smiled softly. He could easily read the newsflash across her face. “Should I take it as this is good night?”
 
“Yes,” Kagome answered quickly, almost too quickly. “I mean no disrespect, Naraku,” she said after a moment, “it's just…I'm not…” faltering for words, she hesitated and then shrugged.
 
Naraku's smile weakened if only for a moment. “Kagome,” his words were like velvet; so smooth it was hard for Kagome not to fall for him. “I never expected…whatever…it is that you're afraid is going to happen, to happen. I simply wanted to take a friend out, who seemed to really need some time away.”
Kagome's smile returned and she sighed, as if some mystical weight was removed from her shoulders. Laughing self consciously, she shook her head. “It's not you, I'm still just...messed up. A lot going on, you know?”
 
Naraku lifted his eyebrows into his dark bangs. “I do. And I will say, as a friend, that I'm not happy with the way he treats you.”
 
Kagome blinked, confused for a moment. “Who?”
 
The glower she got in return was dark. “I'm being honest, Kagome, and I would appreciate the same in return. Taisho, that's who I am referring to,” Staring off into space for a moment, he sighed. “I thought, honestly, when I first met you that dating you would make him extremely jealous. I won't lie, I did have motive back then to try to dig under his skin, seeing how he…responded…to you. But I don't care about him anymore. I am very much interested in you and I'm willing to wait, as long as it takes.”
 
Kagome opened her mouth a few times, completely taken back by his unabashed response. “Oh…well…that is…” shutting her mouth, she placed her finger on her cheek and tapped it twice. “Naraku, I'm very busy with life and trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be doing and making up for it. I don't want you…waiting…for some mystical answer.” Kagome internally blinked, amazed at how this conversation had just went from calm to creepy. Not that he was totally creepy but….who says that?
 
Naraku nodded once. “I know and I fully understand that. I am here if you want to talk about it or simply just need someone to listen. I do like you, and quite honestly, I think you're wasting your time with Taisho.”
 
Kagome pursed her lips. “That's all well and good, but I didn't ask your opinion on it. I get that you and Yash have your problems, but don't put me in the middle of it and make this some self righteous campaign to steal my love.” She paused for a moment, wondering how many things she just confessed to in that sentence that she would later regret. Did she just admit she was still in love with InuYasha?
 
Apparently she had, because Naraku's mood suddenly soured. “That is not my intention,” he replied coldly.
 
The silence that lingered after that was nearly stifling. Kagome clapped her hands together once, and eyed her car. If she ran now, she could be there before Naraku could think of something stupid to further dig himself a grave.
 
Naraku cleared his throat and offered Kagome his hand. “I'm sorry,” he spoke softly, “I am out of my place. I meant no disrespect.”
Kagome stared at his hand before very slowly accepting it. “It's okay, I understand you two don't get along.”
 
Gently pulling her up the two steps, Naraku smiled. “That's putting it mildly.”
 
“I get that,” Kagome replied quickly. Eyeing the door, Kagome knew she had to put her foot down now before this was all too late. “Look, it's really late.”
“A cup of coffee before you go?”
 
Kagome's smile was forced. “No, thank you. I think it's time for me to be on my way.”
 
Naraku didn't release her hand. “I insist. You have a long drive home and it's nearly midnight.”
 
`Danger, danger Will Robinson,' her conscience screamed. Gritting her teeth, Kagome gently pulled her hand free. “Again, I appreciate the gesture, but…”
 
“What, so you can hide the Rohypnol in it? Let her go.”
 
The pair on the porch turned quickly to the figure that emerged from the darkness. Kagome's heart skipped a beat as InuYasha walked up to the porch, his eyes trained on the couple the entire time. For a moment, Kagome forgot how angry she was with him. Without question, Kagome would go home safe tonight; InuYasha would never let Naraku force her into his house. `Was that even a thought,' she wondered silently, appraising the situation. Would Naraku have taken no for an answer? Glancing once at the demon, his red eyes were glowing with rage. Maybe InuYasha had shown up at the right time….
 
Naraku bristled as he set his ruby eyes on InuYasha, hate seething from his body into the cold spring air. “What the hell are you doing here, Taisho?” He hissed angrily.
 
InuYasha eyed Kagome for a moment, wondering just what the hell was really going on. He had nearly been ready to leave when Kagome had taken the bastards hand but something inside of him told him to wait; something that sounded oddly like Kagome's voice. He could tell the minute that Kagome had wanted to leave and was out the door when he saw that Naraku had no intention of letting that happen.
 
“Returning these,” he barked back as he threw the folder at Naraku. Again, he had no idea what the fuck was going on but someone was going to give him answers. “What the fuck,” he asked, rounding on Kagome, “is going on?” He couldn't help the loathing that punctuated his sentence. He was angry and in his book, justly so. If she was really fucking them both, that was going to come out right here and now. He was done playing games; he was so tired of it all.
Kagome's relief was short lived; self righteous indignation very quickly took its place. “Who the hell do you think you are?” She shouted at him. “I'm out with a friend, what do you mean `what's going on'? Who the hell are you to be questioning me about anything? And what the hell are you doing here to begin with? Stalking me much?” Kagome knew that he had just saved her from something she wasn't sure was dangerous, but the reality of the situation was weighing in slowly. What was InuYasha doing across town at the frat house row? Kagome knew that Miroku partied with some of the guys here, but never InuYasha. The simple answer was he was following her, which considering who he had ties to, was not a good thing at all. Was Bankotsu tracking her movements through InuYasha? The old fears of the connection between the duo began to slowly creep into her brain.
 
InuYasha held up a hand to silence Kagome. “I get it, bitch; you're single and free to do whatever the fuck you want. But I mean this shit.” He kicked one of the photos that had fluttered to the ground from the folder, “if I had known you were whoring around, I wouldn't have felt bad about nailing you and your cousin. Maybe would tried for you both at once; you're into that shit, right? Too bad both of you ended up being sluts.” Damnit, he rationed a moment later, he hadn't meant to let his mouth get the better of him. He could already see the damage it had wreaked; Kagome's face turned red so quickly, he could tell magnitude of the hell storm that was about to erupt by the dilation of her pupils.
 
“Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? Fuck you, asshole! Like you weren't keeping your own god damned secrets!” Her eyes flashed the warning to the boy before her. She was not above divulging his secrets if he pushed her enough. “Keep it up; I'll lay all your shit out right here, right now.”

InuYasha's demon flared at the challenge. “Go ahead, bitch, I'll ruin you.” The anger was simply rolling off of him at this point. He hadn't wanted it to come to this, but she pushed him; she always found a way to push him out of control. There was something about her, something that just made him lose it. “I'm sure Daddy would love to know what his little girl does in the dressing rooms at the mall.”
 
As the world shrunk away from her, all that Kagome could see was InuYasha. That arrogant, self righteous asshole was really going to get it! “Oh don't talk to me about Daddy, InuYasha. The man who controls every aspect of your life; the one that you hate but are willing to throw everything away for to cover some really stupid lie? That daddy? Sure, I'm positive my father would only disown me further, your father would end you.”
 
InuYasha took a step closer to Kagome. “Keep your mouth shut, bitch. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about!”
 
“And you do? God, can you even hear yourself, InuYasha? What the hell are you doing here? Are you stalking me? That's a great way for me to think you're not in league with Oberon. Both of you are fucking nut cases and you deserve each other!” Kagome fisted her hair and pulled in anger. “God, just shut the fuck up! Why are you here?”
 
“What is this,” Naraku asked, suddenly breaking the duo's argument. Both heads turned to Itogowa; in his hand was the photo of the girl straddling his lap.
Kagome grabbed the photo and stared at it for a moment. Her eyes lifted with a new target. “What the fuck?”
 
InuYasha's dark chuckle ripped through the night air, a sordid boon to end the day with. “Guess I'm not the only one with a secret. To bad yours is in print.”
Naraku looked up at Kagome to catch the audacious glower on her face. “Hold on,” he said, as if reading her thoughts. Taking a step forward, he reached out to her. “Kagome, this isn't…”
 
InuYasha's fist interjected his approach. Cracking the man on the right side of his jaw, InuYasha sent Naraku stumbling backwards. “Back off, asshole,” InuYasha seethed. He wasn't sure who he was more mad at, however; Kagome for lying or Naraku for accomplishing to get Kagome in bed.
 
Naraku reared around with a hellfire burning in his eyes. The ruby orbs glowed dangerously in the night sky. Taking two steps towards InuYasha, he got into the younger half-breed's face. “You're going to regret that!”
 
“Bring it! I've been waiting a long time for this, Naraku!”
 
Naraku's swing was predictable and InuYasha easily evaded the blow. What he didn't counter on, however, was being shoved aside by one very pissed off female. Naraku, attempting to move in on InuYasha for his next blow, had to pull the emergency break as Kagome entered his path. He was ill-prepared, however, for her to slap him across the face.
 
“What the hell is this? You swore to me you weren't fucking Kikyo!”
 
Naraku turned with the blow, anger boiling over to a dangerous extent. Snapping back around, he was half a second away from belting Kagome. How dare she hit him? With the most feral growl possible, he seethed, “Now isn't the time…”
 
InuYasha grimaced as the first shockwave of miko power exploded from the young girl. Wearing his limiter, it was like encountering static electricity without the jolt. Naraku, however, was less fortunate. Thrown backwards nearly ten feet, Naraku slid across the pavement away from the house. Kagome whirled around on InuYasha, seemingly bristled that it hadn't affected him. Knowing that Naraku was predisposed, InuYasha tapped his ring once with a snide smirk on his face. That only seemed to piss off the female further. From the corner of his eye, InuYasha watched Naraku clamber up to his feet. Demonic energy was pouring off the asshole in waves of malicious intent. Now he was showing his true colors.
 
InuYasha took a step forward to make sure that Naraku wasn't going to attack Kagome; he looked damn well angry enough to. Planting himself between the two, He was ready for an attack on either end. Who knew that this was the way the night would turn out? At least he got to hit that smug son of a bitch. That brought a smile to his face. Turning to Kagome, InuYasha bit out, “yeah, thought you would like to see those. Sorry you got busted…”
 
Kagome snapped around to face InuYasha, her face a mask of anger that quickly gave way to confusion. “Me? InuYasha, that isn't me! That's Naraku and Kikyo!”
 
InuYasha balked for a moment, his brain trying to interpret her words. Not Kagome? But he was sure…
 
Kagome seemed almost hurt. Her eyes softened as her hand gently slid to the side of her body. Her words were hardly above a whisper. “My side; I have the scar on my side from the car accident when I was five.” Making a face, she yanked one of the images off the ground and shoved it in front of InuYasha. As she made her point, her words started to slowly pick up heat; she was getting angry all over again. What did InuYasha think she was? His words previously had said it all. He really thought she was capable of… `You were doing Bankotsu, anyone he said to as well, the guy you didn't know was InuYasha from the club and InuYasha. Of course he thought you were a whore, are you really that shocked? Wake up and smell the bacon, honey; you are one.' Making a fist, she tried to bit down her conscience. That would be dealt with later. “”No scar, and I do not have that big of an ass. Thank you for noticing! I can't believe you thought…”
 
The picture in her hand was snatched away by one very enraged demon. Holding it up to the light, Naraku's hands trembled. “That's not me,” he repeated slowly, “I never…”
 
InuYasha shoved Naraku back a step away from Kagome. Grabbing the picture from him, InuYasha inspected it closer. How had he made that mistake, he wondered as he very quickly assessed the validity of Kagome's claims. It was clear as day now; it was without a doubt Kikyo in the picture. He couldn't believe that he had missed that. Swallowing thickly, he glanced once at Kagome then back at the picture. Closing his eyes, he realized that he must have just pushed that final envelope. The things he had said…
 
“That's not me,” Naraku repeated as he inspected the picture.
 
InuYasha shoved the picture at Naraku and turned to face Kagome. Scratching behind his ear, he shook his head. “I…don't know what to say. Kagome I'm….”
 
Kagome's hand on his shoulder was the last thing he expected. Lifting his eyes to meet hers, Kagome actually smiled. “It's all right…” she spoke softly. Seeing him so worked up over the thought that she was with another man…seeing him care that damn much. Kagome could see everything now. She could see the pain, she could see the anger. She could see all those emotions she was trying to block out of her life. She could see that he loved her. And it scared the shit out of her. That was the problem all along, she gathered, as she rubbed the side of his face. She was scared of what he was doing to her; what good things he was bringing back into her life. There had to be a rational explanation for his ties to Bankotsu and maybe, when they sorted this mess out, she would be willing to listen.
 
Turning slowly to face Naraku, Kagome crossed her arms. If InuYasha's bizarre story panned out, maybe his would too. Maybe it was time to really start listening to what people had to say. Nodding to Naraku, she picked up another photo. “All right, if it's not you, who is it?”
 
“My cousin,” Naraku seethed. Angling the photo to the light, his scowl deepened, “he's up to something. And you better believe we're going to figure out what the hell it is.”
“You have a cousin who looks just like you?” InuYasha scoffed, taking his stand next to Kagome.
 
Naraku eyed Kagome for a moment, taking note to how the two stood shoulder to shoulder. He knew within that instant that he had lost. Her heart belonged to another all along. So was the story of his life.
 
“I know it's hard to believe,” seeing the roll of the eyes on Kagome's behalf, he smirked, “well, maybe not that hard to believe. What remains to be known is why Onigumo would attempt to imitate me and then mail you the photos.”
 
“I think I want a word with your cousin,” InuYasha growled.
 
Naraku's perfect eyebrow arched skyward. “I think that makes three of us. Let's see if he's home.”
 
*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X*X**X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*
 
Reaching the first door on the left, Naraku hesitated a split second before banging his fist against the door. “I can promise you that all of our answers lie behind this door.” Kagome could hear the indignant rage that hid behind the man's words. Whoever this Onigumo person was, he was in for some serious interrogation tonight. What Kagome couldn't fathom was why anyone would try to set her and Naraku up. What was the expected outcome of the event? Why would anyone line themselves up for that?
 
When no answer was given from inside, Naraku banged again. “I know you're in there, `gumo. You never go out. Open the door, there are things that need to be discussed.”
 
InuYasha cracked his knuckles, bouncing lightly on the balls of his feet. It was quite obvious that the hanyou was itching for a fight. Someone was going to get the beating of their life tonight. Flexing his hands a few times, InuYasha finally shoved Naraku aside. “Fuck this!” Rearing back, InuYasha kicked the door hard enough to splinter the wood around the hinges. Kicking it once again for good measure, the door gave way to the room.
 
“Smooth,” Naraku crooned as he pushed past InuYasha to enter the room. There had to be a logical answer to the photos that had been deposited in InuYasha's mailbox. Naraku was sure, however, that he would not appreciate said answer. Glancing around the pristine room, he found no trace of his cousin. Pursing his lips, he turned back to the others. “He will be home soon. I will question him then.”
“The hell you will,” InuYasha bellowed, “I want answers right fucking now. What the fuck is going on? Are you telling me Kikyo was cheating on me? You say that ain't you,” InuYasha pointed to the picture, “but it sure as fuck looks like you.”
“Not everything is as it seems,” Kagome replied as she brushed past the boys into the room.
 
“Fucking A, Kagome. Can't you wait in the god damned hall way? God only knows what's up this crazy mofo's sleeve. Don't go prancing around his room.”
 
Kagome waved him off as she reached his dresser. Picking up a photo of Onigumo and Naraku, she glanced at it a few times comparing it to the man before her. “He could be your twin,” she muttered, staring at the brown eyed man in the photo.
 
“He's not,” Naraku replied icily, “and whatever nefarious deed he's up to will be his last.”
 
InuYasha crossed his arms and leaned back against the door. “Trouble in paradise?”
 
Naraku eyed InuYasha before turning to Kagome to explain. “We both grew up in very well off families. My father, Diego, owned a very fortuitous company of which Onigumo's father, my mother's brother, invested all of his savings. He worked side by side with my father to build their empire. Shortly after I was born, Toga Taisho set his sights on the company.” Glowering at InuYasha, his hands balled into fists. “He bought out my father handsomely and even granted the man a position in his company to make up for the severance. My uncle, however, was not as lucky. My father, the greedy son of a bitch that he was, completely threw Onigumo's side of the family under the bus. He got a small pay off for his time and when he attempted to sue for his fair share, he was overpowered and outspent by the amassed wealth of my father and the Taisho corp. lawyers. In return, they cut all communications with our side of the family. I made amends with their oldest son, being that this had nothing to do with us personally. Onigumo has been as close as a brother to me since then. I do not understand why he would…” Naraku cut his talk short and made a face of disgust. “We will figure this out.”
 
“Damn straight,” InuYasha barked tersely.
 
Kagome reflected for a moment, considering her talks with Kikyo before they had their confrontation. “I wonder,” she said aloud after a moment. When she looked up to find both sets of dangerous eyes trained on her, she continued, “Kikyo said she was mixed up with someone…”
 
“What? What the fuck are you talking about? Are you fucking kidding me? And you never thought to tell me?” InuYasha stalked towards her from across the room. “You knew?”
 
“I know a whole lot of shit, InuYasha,” she yelled back dangerously. Watching him hesitate was a bittersweet victory for the petite girl. “She said that she was mixed up with someone and told them she wanted out. She was all sorts of messed up over him.” Opening her mouth and then closing it, she swung around to face Naraku. “That would explain why I thought I saw you in the dorm all those months ago. It wasn't you, it was your cousin!”
 
Naraku`s eyebrows dipped over his blood red eyes. “Though I will admit that we look similar, we differ greatly. I have demon blood in me,” he tapped his temple with one finger, “I get the red eyes. He is human; my father was the demon, my mother mortal; he is completely human. His eyes are shit brown. Our eyes are a dead giveaway to our identities.”
 
Kagome snapped her fingers and walked past the two men. “He could have easily picked up contacts. That's why I thought that you and Kikyo were dating. It wasn't you but your cousin. Of course she would never have dated you; you're demon and she knows it.” Her eyes shifted for the briefest of moments to InuYasha, “she hates all things demon.”
 
Naraku smiled without mirth. “She lacks your refinement.” Hearing the growl issued from InuYasha, Naraku swung around the face him. “If I didn't know better, I would say that you have demon blood within you too.”
 
InuYasha hiked an eyebrow. “That shit don't matter; I could kick your ass any day of the week!”

Naraku felt his lips twist into a sneer. “I would welcome that fight, whenever you aren't too busy licking daddy's shoes, that is.”
 
Kagome sighed in frustration and shoved her way between the boys. “Can we please get back on track? Your cousin was pretending to be you why? What did he get out of it? Why would he send pictures to InuYasha of him with Kikyo?”
 
“-- To destroy his relationship with that girl. I believe that if we ask her, she may hold the right answers to this puzzle.”
 
When neither InuYasha nor Kagome made motion to grab a cell phone, Naraku sighed heavily. “Is this a call that you would wish for me to make?”
 
Dejectedly, Kagome raised her hand. “All right, I'll do it. Don't expect me to get anywhere though. She hates me right now.”
 
Naraku nodded once. “Call her and see what she can tell you about their relationship.” Pacing the length of the room, Naraku ran his hands through his hair. “What would he get out of this?”
 
“A fight,” InuYasha replied after a moment. “He would expect an epic battle between me and you. He sent those six weeks ago, before Kikyo and I broke up. I'm betting he would have thought that to be enough ammo for me to attack you.”
 
Naraku pointed a finger at InuYasha, “You're onto something. Yes, that would make sense seeing our past…history…with one another.”
 
Kagome paused. “He probably would have wanted you two to kill each other.”
 
Naraku snorted once and shoved his hands into his pockets. “It would have been no contest; I would have slaughtered InuYasha and gone to jail for it.”
 
“As if you could,” InuYasha barked back tersely, “but there would go two of his most hated enemies' sons; effectively ruining my father's name and disgracing your lineage.” InuYasha cracked his knuckles, “That's so stupid that it makes sense.”
 
Kagome walked around the two, pacing slowly opposite of Naraku. “Do you really think he would have thought you to fight to the death? I mean, that's a little…”
 
“Demon honor,” both males repeated in unison. Naraku seemed a little taken back by InuYasha's understanding of the ritual but said nothing. InuYasha flushed in the ears.
Kagome rolled her eyes and stopped by Onigumo's closet. “You mean a pissing contest?”
 
InuYasha sneered, “Yeah, something like that.”
 
Kagome slowly opened up the closet door to peek inside. “You boys really never think straight, do you? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't kill each other over a girl.”
 
Naraku and InuYasha exchanged dark glowers. “I'd kill that dopey mother fucker over a bottle of booze,” lnuYasha replied hotly.
 
“If you think yourself capable, I'll see you outside.” Naraku responded evenly.
 
“…guys…” Kagome gulped audibly as both boys turned around. Standing in front of the missing cousins walk in closet, Kagome couldn't believe her eyes. “I think you should see this.” A very cold chill crept it way up Kagome's spine. Reaching out to grab the photo closest to her, she shoved it into her pocket before Naraku reached her side. InuYasha hurtled the bed and joined them a moment later.
 
“What…the fuck…is this?” InuYasha could feel the demon inside of him swelling up as he started at the collage of pictures before him. The wall seemed endless, covered with pictures that included time and date stamps, of him and Naraku; picture of them on campus, pictures of InuYasha's apartment and Kagome's dorm. There were traced driving routes for InuYasha and Naraku that seemed to be the places they traveled to most often. Detailed family trees hung on either side of the closet, outlining the lineage of both families; InuYasha's did not go past his father.
 
Naraku slowly walked into the closet and spun around. “It seems that my cousin has been quite busy.”
 
InuYasha growled something fierce and dark that promised pain. As it grew in his throat, the sound became more feral. “This motherfucker has better get some life insurance. He's dead when I find him.”
 
Naraku nodded slowly, eyeing the pictures of InuYasha on the left side of the closet. Walking to the wall slowly, he ran his fingers across the images. “He knew everything you did,” he spoke slowly, defining what needed not to be said. Onigumo knew about InuYasha's affair with Kagome. That explained the pictures. He knew InuYasha would have been bitter about Kikyo being involved; he would be inconsolable about the thought of it being Kagome. He had already nearly taken off Naraku's head, exposing his family lineage for what it was while doing so. Onigumo didn't plan on Naraku murdering InuYasha; he thought InuYasha would kill Naraku and expose his entire family for being demons while doing it.
“I don't like being fucked with,” InuYasha growled, “and I like it less when some little shit gets involved in my business. Fucking my girlfriend is bad enough, but stalking me and my friends out is completely unacceptable.”
 
Naraku seemed more troubled as the time marched on. After examining the photos for a few minutes, he turned to InuYasha. “Let me talk to him.”
 
“Oh, fuck that noise. I'm taking that mother fucker out the minute I see him! He ain't getting a free ride on this creepy stalker shit. This ends now.”
 
Naraku's ruby eyes glistened in the artificial lighting. “I could not agree more, however, as his family I would appreciate twenty-four hours to figure out exactly what is going on. If he is unwilling to cooperate after that time, he is all yours.”
 
“Absolutely not.” InuYasha took a step towards Naraku and threw his hand out to the wall. “In case you went blind, this shit drip is stalking us. Worse off, he's stalking Kagome.” Turning slowly, Kagome was shocked and deathly embarrassed to find a picture of herself decked out in a leather mini and fishnet, standing at the Long Branch Train station. “I will not have some psycho following her for another minute.”
 
Naraku nodded slowly, his eyes lingering on the picture of Kagome. “I'm worried too, but if he hasn't made any moves in six weeks, then maybe he has given up.”
 
“Bullshit, he's waiting for me to find those pictures. You saw…” frustrated, InuYasha ran his hands through his hair, “he knew that I was all sorts of fucked up over Kagome. Though he didn't plan it, he must have thought he hit the jackpot with me not finding the photos right away. Of course I would be more torn up over these now. He expected fireworks. He nearly got his wish.” Glancing at Kagome, he found that he could hardly hold her gaze. “I'd kill for her.”
 
Naraku shook his head thoroughly as they walked out of the closet. “I will find him within the day and beat the piss out of him until he tells me what his goal is. Once I know, I will inform authorities of his intent and have him arrested. I'll let you know when to file the restraining order.”
 
InuYasha shook his head. “That's not good enough. I don't want this mother fucker on the street a moment longer. I'm calling the cops.”
 
Grinding his teeth, Naraku hissed, “One day, InuYasha, that is all I ask for.”
 
“Go fuck yourself.”
 
“Yash.” InuYasha turned swiftly to the sound of Kagome's voice. Seeing her face, he knew he was screwed. “It's one day. Let him handle this if he can. It's family; he might be able to work this out.”
 
InuYasha opened his mouth to tell her no, that there was absolutely no way he was letting another psychopath into Kagome's life for a minute longer. This guy knew where she was, who she was, and the people she hung around with. She wasn't safe, and be damned if InuYasha wasn't going to do something about it. But seeing that look in her eyes stole his breath away. She could have asked for anything at that moment and he would have given her the world.
 
With a relenting sigh, InuYasha turned to Naraku. “Twenty four hours and not a fucking minute longer. You hear me, piss ant? And I get the feeling that he's sniffing around Kagome within that time, his ass is mine. I ain't fucking around; I'll beat the mofo into the ground with a nine iron.” Turning on Kagome in the same breath, he continued, “and you aren't to be alone at any point. You don't get to yell at me for twenty four hours. After that, fine, I'll fuck off and die if you want, but for this time, I don't want you by yourself.”
 
Kagome eyed the hanyou with mixed emotions. She was touched that he was so rabidly concerned about her safety but what about the past? He had seemed this lit when she first told him about Bankotsu. Was it possible that he wasn't connected to Bankotsu? It would explain why he got so angry, just like this, the last time she was threatened. The two angers seemed so similar; maybe she was wrong. But could she trust him? What if he broke her heart all over again? What if she wasn't wrong? There were so many what if's. “I won't be alone,” she said softly, “my mother and brother are home and I work tomorrow night.”
 
InuYasha shook his head. “Not good enough. Work, that`s fine but you're going to rely on your kid brother and mom to protect you at home? Look, I know I'm on your shit list, I get it; but I'll sit outside in the car all night. Let's just….get the fuck out of here.”
 
Kagome groaned and rubbed her head. “Look, I appreciate it and what not, but I don't need a baby sitter. I've done just fine on my own.”
 
InuYasha leveled her with a hard stare. “Have you, really?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes pointedly and turned to Naraku. “I know he's family but he's out to get you. I think you should call the cops but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you can get through to him. Be careful, please.” With a smile, she nodded towards the door. “I'm going to go home,” turning to InuYasha, she quickly added, “alone, and we'll deal with this tomorrow.”
 
“The hell you are,” InuYasha growled as he lunged for Kagome's hand. “If you think for one second…”
 
Her glower stopped him dead in his tracks. “Listen, I get it. You want to play superman. Listen here, Clark, You're not coming home with me, I am still angry with you and we will figure this out in the morning.”
 
Naraku cleared his throat, casting InuYasha a hard stare. “I hate to admit it, however, I do agree with InuYasha. You shouldn't be alone right now. Though I do not believe that you are the intended target, you have become a causality in this game. He may come after you…”
 
“Then let him!” Kagome exploded, “he won't be the first asshole to have it in for me. Yeah, big shock, I know!” Swinging her arms around madly, Kagome pointed at InuYasha. “You're not coming home with me, you're not sitting in front of my house and you are not following me! I already have one psycho stalker, and the possibility of another. Please don't make it three.”
 
Naraku's eyebrows dipped together. “Who's stalking you?”
 
Kagome turned back towards the demon. “That is none of your concern. Look, find your cousin, don't find your cousin; do whatever you please. Let me know how it turns out. I have to get home. I have work all night tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it.”
 
InuYasha fisted his hair and wanted to scream. Why was she so thick headed? “At least let me drive you home?”
“No, absolutely not.”
 
“Kagome!” InuYasha grunted the last bit of his patience away. Taking two steps forward, he shoved Kagome against the wall with his left hand and leaned in to her so that their noses were almost touching. “I. Am. Driving. You. Home.”
 
Kagome blinked, ready to blast the hanyou with a mouth full of vulgarities when the glimmer in his eyes caught her off guard. He looked desperate, worried. He actually believed that this jerk would be lying in wait for her. He was actually concerned. Letting out a deep sigh, Kagome relented. “I guess you can drive me home. Only, though, if you take me back here tomorrow night so I can get my car.”
 
Kagome expected him to smirk at her, needling that he won and she relented. Somehow she imagined clowns and streamers. What she got, however, was a very small smile and a almost relieved sigh. “Thank you,” he whispered softly. Pushing off the wall, InuYasha stood up and turned to Naraku. “I want answers, Naraku, and I'm not fucking around. If I don't have them by tomorrow night, I'm calling the cops myself.”
 
Naraku's eyes drifted past InuYasha to settle on Kagome. “I am deeply sorry that you were dragged into this, Kagome. Please understand that I intend to get to the bottom of this. In the mean time, please accept my deepest apologies. This will not happen again.”
 
Kagome smiled for a second. “You can't control the people around you, Naraku. You had no idea what he was doing. Don't worry; I trust that you'll figure this out. Just…be safe about it, okay?”
 
Naraku nodded once.
 
“Thank you for the date tonight, it was….well, it's been interesting,” Kagome waved once at the demon before turning to InuYasha. “And when I said you're taking me back here tomorrow, it doesn't mean you're staying over, got it?”
 
InuYasha simply smirked and shoved her lightly. “Come on, let's get the hell out of dodge.” As they walked out of the room, he glanced back once at Naraku. “Get him, or I will.” With a hard stare, he directed Kagome out the front door.
 
*X*X*X*X*X*X*XX**XX**X*XX**X*X*
 
Driving down the Garden State Parkway, InuYasha couldn't help but repeatedly glance over at Kagome. Though this was a short drive to Lakewood in theory, it seemed like an eternity damned by the insufferable silence that swallowed the air in the car. InuYasha could just about hear his digital clock ticking by minutes. Swallowing thickly, he gripped the wheel harder. He wanted to talk to her, they had a lot to discuss; but she had made it point blank clear the minute they entered the car that she hadn't a desire to speak with him. He had sworn to keep his mouth shut; in hindsight, not such a good idea, he kept repeating like a mantra in his head.
 
“How is your mother,” he asked after a moment. To hell with his promise, he couldn't take the quiet any more.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes, keeping her face towards her window. This was awkward enough without trying to hold conversation. Though Kagome understood that she could be wrong about InuYasha's intentions in regards to Bankotsu, she didn't want to consider it at the moment. There were far too many things happening for her to reconsider any prior assumptions. What if that psycho broke into her house? What if he went after Kikyo? Kagome's family wasn't safe, again, and it was all her fault…again. If that god damned hanyou hadn't been in the car with her at that moment, she would have cried. She wanted to cry but she just couldn't anymore; she was numb to the emotions and the crap that the world threw at her. First Bankotsu and his shitty games, then InuYasha's betrayal, Kikyo's dismissal of their friendship, balancing school and a full time job, and now some Creepy McCreeperson stalking her vicariously; what more could life shit on her with? She had prayed that this car ride would be silent; she had actually demanded it to be. `Don't look at me, don't talk to me, I'm still pissed as hell with you. This doesn't vindicate anything!' Had been her exact phrasing.
 
Kagome knew she was being a bitch too, and that sucked. Kagome knew that she didn't want to hurt herself nor InuYasha further but how do you stop it when you're not even sure if the person is your ally? She wouldn't apologize, that option was off the table. She wasn't wrong. He had lied to her face, he knew who she was and what was happening to her, and he did nothing to stop Bankotsu.
 
InuYasha clicked his tongue for a moment against the roof of his mouth and then licked his lips. “How's Souta?”
 
Silence was his response, once again.
 
InuYasha sighed heavily and grunted. Thousands of emotions were misfiring in his brain and he wasn't sure which one to grab onto. He was ecstatic that she was willing to even be remotely near him at the moment but livid that he was suddenly back to being the scum of the Earth. He was angry that she still believed he was in league with Bankotsu but relieved that she wasn't pretending that he didn't exist. “I'm not trying to torture you, ya know? You could be half a human being and answer one god damned question.” Fuck it, etiquette was never his strong suit.
 
“I told you my rules and you agreed.”
 
“All right, Trebek,” InuYasha bit back with frustration coloring his words, “I'm glad someone wrote out the rules to Life; I always hated driving around the board with no God damned direction.”
 
Kagome grunted at the bad joke. Spinning around in her seat, she pinned him with a glower. “Look, I just want to get home. That's all I really want. I really wish that you could just respect my decision and keep your mouth shut.”
 
“If wishes were horses, Kagome, we'd all be eating steak.”
 
“And you wouldn't be talking to me because your mouth would be full. Win,” she shot back hotly.
 
“Oh honey, if I got what I wanted, your mouth would be full of my cock,” he growled back dangerously.
 
Kagome scoffed loudly. Her eyes darkened as she replied; “oh, that's grown up Yash. Real grown up! You're such an asshole! Leave it to you to have to think with your dick, again! Isn't that what got us into this situation? You're inability to keep it in your pants? Yeah, I think it is.”
 
InuYasha snapped; he couldn't really recall slamming the Hummer across five lanes of traffic to hit the side of the road or could accurately remember shifting the car into park and unbuckling his seat belt. The next thing he was fully aware of was kneeling on Kagome's seat, one hand braced against the passenger window, the other an inch away from her head. His power limiter was still turning circles on the dashboard where it had landed after he had yanked it off. Leaning in so that their noses were touching, his amber eyes burned holes into hers. “You better learn to watch your mouth, little girl, because I'm done being mister nice guy. I've taken all of your shit for the last six weeks without a word; I've allowed you to be angry with me over shit that I have nothing to do with. I get it that I fucked up, I understand that, but I'm done being your target. I am done. Do you understand? Next time you open your mouth, it better be for something useful.”
 
Kagome's hands quivered in place as she leaned as far back as she could in her seat. The entire event had happened before she could blink; one moment they were driving, the next the driver was in her lap. And those eyes….God damn those eyes; the liquid gold could melt her soul. She swallowed audibly as his hot breath washed across her face. He was panting, his chest pressing lightly against hers. She could feel his pulse. Her mouth opened but nothing came out except for a tiny whimper. This was who InuYasha really was; he was Sha. He didn't scare her…that wasn't it…what it was….it was…. `Shit,' Kagome thought as her body responded to the close proximity of the hanyou. His silver tresses fell over his shoulder and mixed with hers as he held his place steadfast.
 
“Funny how you have nothing to say now, bitch,” he growled dangerously as he tilted his head slowly. A smirk spread across his face as he inhaled her scent. “And, as I quite remember, you never once had an issue with me keeping it in my pants. I am actually pretty sure you were the one yanking it out.”
 
`Damnit,' Kagome cursed her body silently, `don't let him know. Don't do this…' Swallowing thickly, Kagome attempted to come up with some rational answer, something that could make him back off if only for a moment. With him so close, she couldn't think straight. He oozed sex and he knew it. As angry as Kagome had been, it had simply slipped away as his eyes bore into hers. “You….wait…no….”
 
“No?” InuYasha growled as his right hand grabbed her hair and gently tugged her face towards his. “Something tells me that isn't at all what you want.”
 
Kagome could have died right there. He was all over her and she couldn't think of one reason why to stop him. She wanted this; she needed this, needed him. She had been so angry with him, so hurt and confused, and now she couldn't of why. “Yash…”
 
A pleased rumble seeped from his lips. “God I love the sound of my name on your lips. I want you screaming it.”
 
Kagome's leg began to tremble as he pushed his body closer to hers. Every muscle inside of her body was on fire with lust; she needed him inside of her. “I…”
 
“It's funny, Kagome, how you've always called me an asshole and a pig and a thousand other colorful names; but the minute I get near you,” he leaned his head in and gently brought his lips to her neck. Kagome's head fell to the side without needed prodding. Sucking gently against her pulse, InuYasha cheered inwardly as her scent spiked, “you turn into play-doh.”
 
Kagome tried to come up with a witty response, or any response for that matter, but with his lips wreaking havoc on her neck, she couldn't even formulate her own name. A moan slipped from her lips as his mouth traced her jaw line.
 
“What was that, Kagome, I didn't hear you,” he spoke dangerously. His tone screamed sex and his cognac eyes bled desire. His right knee pushed up against her crotch as he reached for the lever on the side of the seat. “It sounded oddly like you'll be taking me up on my request.”
 
“Request…?” Kagome repeated confused, but then again, she hadn't the ability to string together a sentence if she had wanted to. The seat slowly reclined and Kagome knew that she was doomed. There was no stopping him; she simply didn't want to. This just felt so right; it always felt so right. And seeing him now, seeing him for who he truly was, was…amazing. Looking into the amber eyes that she had fallen for months prior, she knew this was where she wanted to be.
 
“My cock…your mouth…or something of that nature,” he growled darkly as he came to straddle her legs. Thrusting his hips against hers, she could feel how much he wanted this. All of his glorious length and girth was pushing up against his pants, demanding the access it had been denied for so long.
 
Kagome nodded dumbly as his hands dipped under her shirt to remove the offending item from her body. His claws raked over the soft flesh of her exposed stomach as his hands came to mold against her breasts. Thrusting his hips against hers, he slammed his mouth over hers. He had wanted, one of these days, to take her softly and sweetly, but that wasn't today. Grabbing her hands in his, he pressed one back against the head rest and nipped at her wrist, warning her to keep it there. The other hand he brought down to his denim clad cock. “Fix this,” he growled, jostling her hand against his manhood.
 
Kagome's fingers flew right for the button of his jeans. She wasted no time in un-zippering the demon before her and palming his hardened length. He was larger than she remembered, and the danger that lurked in the cognac depths of his eyes was enough to intoxicate her. His breath hitched as she ran her tiny hand over the tip of his cock then down the length. All the thoughts and cares of the day bled away as his mouth crashed down on hers. This was where she belonged; beneath him. How could she have ever thought he could hurt her? How could she have cast him to that role?
 
As Kagome's hand rose and fell over his cock, InuYasha quickly made waste of her pants; choosing to claw the waist of the jeans and slid them off of her in one hard yank. Her underwear met the same tragic fate. Without hesitating, InuYasha grabbed Kagome's free hand and yanked it above her head, pinning both of her wrists with his left hand and wrapped his claws around the arm rest of the chair. With one solid thrust, he entered her like a harpoon. Pushing down on her hands, he pounded her with wild abandon. The truck shifted with each of his motions, synchronizing with their erotic dance.
 
Kagome's head snapped back as she rocked her hips against him. This wasn't exactly how she pictured the night ending, but it was a damn good night. As a matter of fact, she thought as she felt her orgasm welling within the depths of her body, if she died now, she would be happy. Feeling the tip of his claws bite into her wrists, the sadist within her awoke. It had been nearly two months since she had dared to even remember what it was like to be in the dominating situation. As InuYasha pounded her, thrust after thrust, that dark being in her soul awoke, and it was horny.
 
Kagome's eyes darkened as she brought her face up to his, her eyes nearly glowing in the darkness of the cab. “You call this fucking,” she hissed as he thrust against her core, “I could do better with a toy. Come on, Ass hole, fuck me God damnit.”
 
“You could do better,” he growled playfully as he smashed himself into her with enough force to shift the car, “Then fucking show me.” He hadn't had this with her yet; the wild unpredictable sex. The Kagome she always showcased was a vixen, that was true, but never the sexual deviant. He could grow accustomed to this easily.
 
Kagome shoved forward on her hands, breaking his hold on her. With flexibility she couldn't account for, InuYasha flipped the two of them so that she was on top of him. Grabbing her hips with his claws, he ground her against him. “Come on, Bitch,” he teased as his nails dug into her skin, “ride me like the whore you are. Use my dick to get yourself off.”
 
Kagome wasted no time getting herself positioned. Grabbing a hold of his arms, Kagome began to gyrate against his hips, grinding her clit against his pubic bone as she took his entire length within her. Screaming silently, her nails dug rivets into his shoulders.
 
“God I love a bitch on top,” he cooed as he pulled at her hips, urging her to ride him faster. “That's it, sweet heart, come all over my cock. I want to feel you get tight. That's it, baby doll, come on, cum for me.” Leaning forward, InuYasha slashed apart the front of her bra. Closing his mouth around one of her nipples, he sucked greedily as he felt her body tensing. Nipping the bud with his front canine, he groaned as he felt her body spasm.
 
Kagome saw stars; her entire body snapped backwards as her orgasm rushed through her body. Never had she come like she did now, mounted on top of the beautiful specimen of man. His nails embedded in her hips were the only thing that kept her from crashing backwards into the dash. Her mouth opened in the soundless O as she continued to gyrate her hips against him.
 
InuYasha smirked maliciously as he watched Kagome ascend her orgasm. He planned on making sure she had a lot more of those this night. Sliding her off of his dick, InuYasha wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her backwards into the back seat. It was the demon senses that kept him from bashing her around like a rag doll, but it sure as hell didn't contribute to him throwing her onto the seat with enough force, again, to shake the car. Throwing her legs onto his shoulders, he took action once again. Pressing into her with wild abandon, his hips made bruising contact with hers. He could hear her grunt with every thrust, the head of his cock pressing up against the back of her wall.
 
“That's it baby,” she cooed, “fuck me.”
 
InuYasha simply smirked. Letting one canine hang over his lip, he continued to thrust into her. Grabbing the `oh shit' bar on the ceiling, he continued thrust after thrust. Her cries of pleasure mixed with his as he found his way to the top of his exertion. With two more harsh thrusts, InuYasha emptied his seed into her. With a very stifled moan, he saw stars.
 
Kagome bucked beneath him, reaching a second (or third?) orgasm. Maybe it was her fourth. `Shit, he's good,' she thought as she attempted to catch her breath. God, he really had fucked it right out of her.
 
InuYasha slowly withdrew from her as he sat back on his knees, gazing down at the vixen covered in moonlight. Kagome's eyes sparkled against the dark interior of his car. `Fuck, did I just really fuck her in the backseat?' blinking twice, he glanced around, as if awaking from a daze. That was the first time his youkai had taken such a strong hold of his emotions. He didn't even remember reaching the back seat. Glancing around the cab wildly, he gawked. There were claw marks in the head rest of the passenger seat and along the leather upholstery in the back. The `oh shit' bar was hanging on one hinge. He had fucked up his car. While fucking her. Looking back down at Kagome, who slowly seemed to be taking notice as well, he decided without question, it was worth it.
 
Kagome blinked the sweat from her eyes as she struggled to sit up. Had that really just happened? Eyeing InuYasha, she knew it had. And it would again. Damn, she wanted it again. Taking a deep breath, she knew though that there was a lot that still needed to be said. Opening her mouth, she was about to say so when his lips pressed lightly against hers.
 
“Just…not right now, okay Princess? Tomorrow? I promise we can talk this out then.”
 
Dumbly Kagome nodded and began trying to locate her clothing.
 
InuYasha watched for a moment, as her naked ass swayed in front of him while she attempted to reach up front to grab her clothing. The urge to grab her and start round two was very tempting, and God he could have at that very moment. Reaching out with one hand, he slid his fingers down the naked flesh of her back, stopping his digits an inch before the swell of her ass. He watched her body ripple as she shivered in response.
 
Snatching her shirt from the front of the cab, she turned around to stare into those amber orbs. “Yash,” she warned softly.
 
“What?” He asked with all the male bravado he could muster.
 
She swallowed thickly as she pulled the shirt over her head. Grabbing the next item of clothing, her ruined bra, she stared at it and then him. “You owe me.”
 
“Actually, if I counted right,” he cooed, “you owe me. Two, I think is exact.”
 
`Well that answers that question,' she mused in her head. Eyeing the demon who sat naked against the door, basking in the moonlight, she could just about watch the sex appeal roll off of him. He was Adonis staring down at his world; the man was a God.
 
Snaking an arm around Kagome's waist, InuYasha pulled her between his propped up knees. Naked only from the waste down, Kagome stumbled into his arms.
 
InuYasha kissed the top of her head and wrapped his arms around her. They sat quietly, for only a moment, indulging in what they had missed and what they had had. There was so much to make up for, so much that needed to be said. However, as they sat there in the moonlight, the silence said it best.
 
“I don't have pants,” Kagome muttered after a moment.
 
“Don't worry,” InuYasha mused, “I like you this way.”
 
Kagome moaned as his hand slipped between her legs and into her folds. Her hand grabbed his wrist to stop the motion, one of the hardest decisions she had to make that night. “Yash, I need to get home.”
 
InuYasha smirked as she feebly attempted to keep his hand from pleasuring her. Letting his lips gently touch the side of her neck, he could just about feel her melt into him. “I'm in no rush to get you there.”
 
Kagome closed her eyes as he latched onto her pulse. His mouth put her in a stupor; only his lips could make her stop dead. How did he work this magic over her? “Yash…”
 
As he gently pulled his hand from hers, he once again began to rub his fingers against her. “Just relax, baby girl; let me take care of you.”
 
Kagome groaned in frustration as she arched her back against him. She needed to be somewhere…she needed to be….
 
InuYasha kissed the back of her neck, nipping lightly before retracting his hand. Nothing pleased him more then the sound of discontent that fumbled from her lips. “You're right,” he crooned, trying desperately to keep the cocky tone in his voice, “we should go.”
 
Kagome groaned louder and tried to move from his lap but her limbs just wouldn't work. What the hell did this guy to do her? He really was her fucking kryptonite.
 
InuYasha kissed her neck once more before lightly shoving her forward. “Come on, princess; you're in such a rush.”
 
“You're a tool!” Kagome shot back hotly, deeply frustrated and wanting more; “what the hell am I supposed to do now? I don't have pants.”
 
“Are we starting this one again?” InuYasha grabbed his jeans from the front. “I told you…”
 
“I need pants, InuYasha! I can't walk into my house without them!”
 
InuYasha eyed her for a moment and whistled. “I don't know, babe; you walked into my house like that, I'd be all over you. Probably would need to beat Miroku off with a bat, but I'm oddly all right with that.”
 
“Yash!”
 
With a smirk, InuYasha threw her his boxers. “These should fit. They'll have to do.”
 
Kagome stared at the material in abject horror. “Are you kidding me? That's…so not okay. My mom…”
 
“What do you want me to do, babe? I can't fix that,” he pointed to the shredded waist band of her jeans. “Put on the boxers and work what's left of those jeans. It's really just the top of them that sucks. You'll be fine.”
 
Kagome grunted noncommittally as she pulled on the jeans. Turning, she stopped dead as she watched the hanyou slide on his power limiter. Immediately, his gorgeous silver tresses turned ebony; those cognac eyes that she could so easily get drunk in turned amethyst. Amazed, she simply stared.
 
InuYasha glanced at her once as he pulled on his T-shirt. “What?”
 
Kagome's mouth moved but no words came out. The smirk that danced across his face was cocky as hell. Shaking her head, she suddenly remembered the picture. Grabbing her jacket, she pulled out the Polaroid she had ripped off the wall. “I thought you would want this.”
 
InuYasha turned on the overhead light and accepted the photo. Staring at the image, he rubbed his forehead and sighed heavily. Cringing, he balled up the image in his hand; a Polaroid of him entering his apartment at some ungodly hour decked out in leather and fishnet….as a hanyou. Thank God Kagome had grabbed this proof; but how many others were there? This was a serious problem that he was going to have to consult Kagejiro about when he got home.
Turning to Kagome, he offered her a smile. “Thank you, this could have been…”
 
“He knows.”
 
InuYasha made a face and pulled off the side of the road and merged into traffic. “Yeah, he knows.”
 
Kagome sat back and rubbed her temples. Clicking on her seatbelt, she rubbed her eyes. “Answer me this; who is your father?”
 
“Toga Taisho.” InuYasha responded without skipping a beat.
 
“No, who is he? He's important, isn't he? That's why he's got so much money? And your brother is really old, which makes your dad even older.”
 
InuYasha nodded solemnly. “My dad's old. Real old; five centuries old.”
 
“But who….”
 
InuYasha grunted; “It's complicated. I can't….explain it.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Because, I just can't.”
 
“Why?”
 
InuYasha tightened his fists around the steering wheel, speeding up ever so slightly. “I….can't…tell you. I want to, but it's to….”

“I already know you're a demon, InuYasha. What more can there be?”
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes and stole a glance at Kagome. She seemed genuinely interested, and that hurt more. “I….”
 
“What are you, the royal family?” Kagome giggled but cut off abruptly when he didn't respond. “Holy shit, are you?”
 
“Something like that. Look…my dad is important to the demon community. But they don't know that.”
 
“What?” Kagome shook her head, resting back against the chair, “I don't get it.”
 
“You know how England has the royal family? No one appointed them there, they just are it. That's how we are; except it got to be dangerous to be in the public about it. When my father passed the law that everyone needed to wear power limiters, he disappeared into the mortal society. Those who opposed him could have easily told the humans who he was, showed them what he looked like and had him destroyed that way. They still can; and god forbid one of the million militant human groups find out where the self appointed king of demons resides. It would be bloodshed.”
 
“So…no one knows who your father is?”
 
“That's not entirely accurate.” Scratching his head, InuYasha looked for the right words; “my father is the man behind the curtain. He pulls all the levers and gets everything taken care of. He passes the laws for the demon civilization and they get carried out by his men. He has no communication with the population at all. Those who were alive back before the bands became mandatory remember my father for who he was; a bloodthirsty tyrant. However, as democracy became the flavor of the century, he cooled off and became like them.”
 
“So you're….”
 
“A bastard son of the lord of the demons? Yeah, yeah I am.”
 
Kagome pursed her lips but decided to let the conversation end. Seeing the way that InuYasha was fidgeting in his seat, she could only guess that this was a tough topic for him.
 
“So Naraku has no clue that you're demon?”
 
“No, not one clue. So please….
 
Kagome waved her hand frantically, “Don't' worry, I would never. But…can't other demons…you know….smell you?”
 
“You saying I stink?” InuYasha smirked as he watched Kagome's face shift. Before she could start backpedaling, he interjected, “the ring masks the demon blood. So no blood equals no scent, no strength, no anything. If you get stabbed with your ring on and can't get it off, you bleed out like a human.”
 
“You die like a human?”
 
InuYasha nodded numbly. “Yeah. It's a curse, really. Demon strength and stamina,” he waggled his eyebrows at the girl next to him, enjoying the way she flushed quickly, “is all well and good, however there is never really a good time to let loose. I can't; the minute anyone figured out I am demon, I out my entire family. It's been my brother's nightmare that I'll fuck it all up.”
“What about Kagejiro? He's demon and he's your family.”

InuYasha frowned. “He hasn't been a part of my family for over two hundred years. Did you know I had another brother before you met him?”
 
Kagome frowned. “Okay, fair enough.”
 
Pulling up to Kagome's house, InuYasha reached out and grabbed Kagome's hand. “Hey, listen….” Feeling her tense at his touch, he quickly released her. “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to jump you like I did. I just….”
 
Kagome seemed to hesitate for the slightest of moments before smiling. “Don't worry, I didn't try to stop you.”

“Something tells me you couldn't have.”
 
Kagome smirked and shook her head. “I got to get inside. Hopefully my mom won't notice my ruined pants.”
 
InuYasha nodded slowly. “I'm not leaving, Kagome. I don't expect some invite or anything like that; but I'm not leaving you here tonight. If anything happened…”
 
Kagome leaned over the center consol and pecked InuYasha on the lips. “After all the nights bull shit, there is no way I'm leaving you out here. I might still be angry with you, Yash, but I think I can stand one night next to you.”
 
InuYasha eyed Kagome for a moment, swallowing thickly after a hot second passed. “All right,” he said slowly. Turning off the Hummer, he stepped out of the car. “I'll try not to give you cooties.”
 
Kagome smiled softly, her eyes meeting his as he joined her in front of her house. How had she been so misled? How could she have thought him the bad guy? As if all of the veils had been lifted, Kagome could see the truth in his eyes. And he had been straight honest with her in the car. Taking a deep breath, she dared herself to give it one more try.
 
*X*X*X*X*X*XX*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X*X**X
I am so sorry for how long I've been MIA. Life and the way of things have a tendency to turn fiction into reality. ::sigh:: Here is the latest update. I am so sorry fro being gone for so long!