InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shrine Prostitute ❯ Prohibition ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Shrine Prostitute by FlameTwirler
 
~ ~ ~
 
A/N: For all those asking, this chapter gets a bit citrus-scented.
 
~ ~ ~
 
Chapter 23: Prohibition
----- a hindering, forbidding; to hold back
----- something that prohibits a certain act or procedure
 
~ ~ ~
 
It had been two long days since that miserable affair, neither of them in the best of moods since Kagome still refused to touch him in any way that might hinder his healing - which meant anything aside from changing his bandages. Inuyasha had even resorted to complaining when she'd tried to avoid the even sleeping in the bed with him. At first she'd been afraid he, or even she, would pounce, but his complaining had become so obnoxious that she'd caved. Ultimately it hadn't been that hard to convince her to share considering the bed was the only piece of furniture in the room and cement wasn't the most comfortable of resting places. Besides, when she'd first gotten him back he'd been barely moving, let alone following through on any of the actions he kept promising to try if she didn't cooperate.
 
Getting him through the corridors and into his own bed had been a feat in and of itself though. That day at Ryu's apartment she'd awoken with a jolt - and a rather stubborn crick in her neck from sleeping while kneeling next to the bed - pleased to find it around 2 pm. She'd gotten him to his room easily enough, even if it did take a while as Inuyasha was still woozy and barely hanging onto consciousness. Once she'd gotten him back in his own room he'd collapsed on his bed and fallen asleep before she'd even finished changing the soaked bandages, and as soon as she'd tossed them she had immediately succumbed to slumber herself. She'd only left his side one time and since she had come back with food he hadn't done more than what felt like his obligatory grousing.
 
Now she woke in Inuyasha's arms, luxuriating in the comfort of the bed and his embrace. She moved just a bit closer, though being careful not to actually press against his multiple wounds. She'd tried to compromise and at least keep herself to the far side of the bed - which was quite large enough to leave a decent amount of space between them - but even at that he kept waking up and complaining about the distance so she'd relented, probably all too easily. She'd probably have moved over unconsciously in her sleep anyhow but she didn't let him know that. Just indulging herself and relaxing next to him she snuggling in his warmth, but then when she moved close enough she could feel him pressed hard against her thigh she heaved a sigh of frustration. Trying to get up without waking him she clambered out of the bed and stepped lightly to her backpack where she pulled out some clothes to change into.
 
She was done in five minutes - not that there was much she could do to get ready in a room with no mirror, no sink, and no shower. So she wiped herself down a bit with one of the rags she dipped in the pitcher of water - which she'd had to refill multiple times in the last day and a half while changing Inuyasha's bandages.
 
Glancing at the clock she noted she still had fifteen minutes before the Shrine was technically closed for the day but determined to leave early anyhow. She didn't want Inuyasha to wake and see her before she left because then he'd question her and, with as stubborn as he was, she'd have a tough time actually leaving. Not that I really want to anyhow, she thought somewhat sulkily, but when she remembered why she was doing it her mood brightened. If her plan actually worked her absence would be completely worth it.
 
Hastily scribbling a note explaining that she was going out for the day and would be back the moment the Shrine re-opened for business that evening, she grabbed her purse and made her way out the door as stealthily as she could manage. Once the door was safely shut behind her she heaved a sigh of relief. She couldn't believe she'd actually gotten away with getting out of the room without his interference! His body must still be working hard at recuperating for him to be sleeping so deeply as to miss all the noise she had to have made, despite how hard she'd tried to keep quiet.
 
She made her way to the lobby and waited for the friend that was supposed to meet her and accompany her around town that day. Miroku had called her the previous night on Sango's cell phone, wondering how Inuyasha was faring and to see if she needed any more supplies brought over. She appreciated his concern but then her curiosity got close to overflowing with wondering how on earth he had finagled his way to get Sango's number. “Ah, ah,” he'd chided. “Men don't ask women their secrets and you shouldn't ask me mine. Let's just say I have a very talented tongue.”
 
Kagome had blushed to her hairline as she considered the implications of what he might have done with her friend, but he cut off her spluttering. “Yes, I have a way with words,” he'd continued, in a way that made it clear he was well aware of what she'd assumed. “Once she knew I was only concerned for you and didn't want to come to your door at, well, let's say an inopportune time or when it would be bad for me to be seen, she finally conceded. Besides, I'm charming enough she had no chance.”
 
She'd taken a moment to regain her bearings after he'd so obviously played with her and wished he was in the same room so she could smack him across the arm. “A little overconfident about your abilities, aren't you?”
 
He'd scoffed. “Of course not. But then again you haven't been on the receiving end of them yet, have you. Shall I give a demonstration as evidence of my prowess?”
 
She'd given up and chortled at the level of his self-enchantment, taking a quick glance at Inuyasha to make sure she hadn't woken him, and wondering briefly if Miroku really was that cocky and vain or if it were mostly for show and amusement. “And I assume you'll be so kind as to delete her number once I give the phone back to her?” Of course she'd already known the answer but was having fun giving him a hard time.
 
“Ah, but you see I have a land-line, not a cell phone, so all the numbers I know are stored in my memory. It would be impossible for me to forget it without taking a blunt object to my head and forgetting quite a few other things as well. Besides, what's to say she wouldn't like my checking up on her from time to time?
A snort had escaped her before she could stifle it. “I'm sorry, have you met Sango?”
 
He mumbled a comment she couldn't quite make out and then, before she'd been able to ask anything about it, smoothly moved the conversation on to the scene she'd made in the front foyer of the Shrine just a few hours prior.
 
She'd quickly explained to him what really had happened - as it seemed rumor had already changed a few things - and why she'd done it. He'd been silent a moment then had nearly cheered her ingenuity in getting things moving in what was normally such a painfully bureaucratic setup. When she'd further explained that the downside to her plan was that she'd have to be out of the Shrine during closed hours - though then by proxy she'd had to explain that normally she didn't leave - he'd immediately offered to accompany her. She'd thanked him and taken him up on the offer, especially since she'd mentioned she'd have to entertain herself all day to stay awake since she hadn't bothered to rent a room anywhere.
 
But circumstances being what they were they'd agreed to meet as soon as possible after the closing bell, despite the fact they'd both have little to no sleep and might be near to sleep walking by the end of the day. Although, after she thought about it, the idea of Miroku weaving among the crowded streets when he normally appeared so composed actually rather amused her.
 
So she'd only been waiting in the lobby a couple of minutes before Miroku showed through the doorway to the wing in which he was housed, walking amicably over toward her and slinging his arm around her shoulder. “Morning,” he said, cracking a yawn.
 
She turned a critical eye on him. “Have you slept yet?”
 
He shot her a wry grin. “Not really. But I'm always ready for the company of a beautiful woman.” As he spoke his hand slowly made its way down her back and with a huff she slapped it away. He laughed and held up his hands in a show of surrender. “Sorry, sorry, habit and all. Though if you ever change your mind…” He leaned over and winked at her and she couldn't decide whether to scold him or laugh at him, so she settled for just hiding her expression by turning and walking outside.
 
“You coming?” she called over her shoulder. She grinned as she felt him trot up next to her. “And I might advise you to keep your hands to yourself for the rest of the day if you want to keep them.”
 
“Okay, okay,” he chuckled. “I know when I'm beat. Besides, as I see it you're already taken?” He made it a question but the knowing look in his eyes had her blushing and averting her gaze. “Plus, any guy who can take a whipping like that - apparently on a regular basis - and keep on pushing is not someone I want to take on.” He said it jovially but she could detect the underlying sympathy in his tone and the hand he rested on her shoulder was nothing but friendly and supportive. When said hand didn't move anywhere she relaxed slightly and slumped a bit as her exhaustion from the past couple days finally overtook her. For the moment she was glad for the camaraderie and distraction he was providing.
 
“You know, if you ever need anyone to talk to…” he offered.
 
She turned to look at him, pulling away from his touch as she searched his face. “Thanks,” she said finally. “I'll keep that in mind.”
 
To her surprise, Miroku chuckled. “You don't trust me.”
 
She looked uncomfortable about being called on it but nodded. “It's not that I think you untrustworthy, I just don't know if you're trustworthy.”
 
He shrugged gallantly. Truth be told he was glad that, considering her situation, she was a bit more cautious and intelligent about who she spoke to - and about what. “Fair enough. After all we don't know each other very well yet. But you are welcome to bend my ear anytime you like. Actually, you could bend anything else you like as well.” He waggled his eyebrows and she rolled her eyes just before she grabbed at his arm to put him in a hold that had often cowed her brother when he acted unruly. However when she twisted his wrist a little too far the wrong way and he made a muffled yelp she couldn't help but break into laughter.
 
“You are absolutely incorrigible.”
 
He smiled before resuming his walk. “Got you smiling again, didn't it?”
 
She shot him a surprised glance, wondering if that really had been his intention. “Well then, you know this town much better than I do so how do you suggest we spend the day?” He opened his mouth to reply but she rushed on ahead before he could get a word out. “And I'm warning you, nothing perverted.”
 
Resting his hand over his heart he protested, “I would never!”
 
Kagome just shook her head. She'd have to keep on her toes with this one. “How about we grab some food first?” Even though it was morning she supposed technically it would be dinner - but she'd never gotten the hang of all the mixed around meal times so she tended to just avoid calling them by name. “Where you want to go?”
 
As he steered her toward a quaint little noodle stand, he remarked idly, “Speaking of getting to know each other, is your friend Sango planning on coming back anytime soon?”
 
~ ~ ~
 
Kagome returned that evening to a surly hanyou, who wouldn't even look at her as she walked back in the door. “Decided you'd show back up whenever ya felt like it, eh?”
 
She glanced around quickly, her confusion growing when she saw the new addition in the corner. She poked a thumb at it. “I thought that would explain why I had to leave.”
 
Inuyasha pushed himself up from the bed and glanced at her warily. “That's why you were gone?” he asked softly, before catching himself and pushing his voice to a much gruffer tone. “Well, what did you have to do with it anyway?”
 
When she didn't answer right away his irritation grew as did his suspicion.
 
“I know you had to have something to do with that,” he'd snapped, indicating the rustic but much welcomed shower hanging in the corner. She had turned to examine it, wondering what lengths the Shrine had actually gone to in order to appease its finicky, rather vocal client. There was a bare shower head hanging from the ceiling over the corner drain but she was actually pleasantly surprised to see two handles - both hot and cold water - and even a shower curtain on a rail that closed off the corner. Not only that but there was even a small recessed light installed in the ceiling. She assumed that, to the Shrine's way of thinking, any client needing to wash from activities with their `special' tetsudai wouldn't necessarily want to give him a show but would still need light enough to check for cleanliness when the shower curtain blocked most of the ambient lighting.
 
Turning she'd smiled at Inuyasha sweetly, feigning innocence. “Why ever would you think that?”
 
He didn't look impressed, going so far as to cross his arms over his rapidly healing chest, though the movement was hindered by the mass of bandages and she had to work not to crack a smile. “Whatd'ya have to do?”
 
She chuckled at that. So that's why he'd been so surly - well, more than normal - he was actually worried. “Nothing as bad as what you're thinking, I assure you.” Sighing, she strode toward the bed. “I don't know how you've got along this long without it anyhow, or how the Shrine could even think you didn't need it. I mean, it's pretty logical after all.”
 
She sat on the bed next to him and froze when he leaned over and sniffed her suspiciously. “You smell like another guy. You sure that,” he pointed to the corner of the room, “is really why you left?” He was obviously trying hard to control his anger and jealousy, which spoke of how much he really did appreciate the new addition.
 
She smiled gently as she placed her hand against his cheek, even as he scrunched his nose in distaste. “You know well enough that if I didn't enjoy your company there's nothing that forces me to come back. I see you because I like seeing you, and I think you know that by now.”
 
He shrugged and relaxed, letting her know her point had hit home. “I just didn't want to wander around town alone, especially when I worried I might fall asleep at any point and didn't want to wake up anywhere weird. Though he might have been a bit more friendly than I bargained for…” she added under her breath. When Inuyasha growled she just smacked him playfully on the arm. “No, you are not going to maim him. Besides, if he's interested in anyone it's probably my friend Sango.”
 
“Who?”
 
“My friend came here with me when I first arrived and ended up spending the night with him - though I don't think she actually `spent the night' with him so to speak. She's rather conservative herself. I really don't know if he is interested at all but he kept asking about her so I invited her to come back in a couple of days.”
 
“Why would you be asking her back unless you plan on seeing her? And why would you need to do that if you see her at home? You aren't planning on skipping out on me again, are you?” His voice was playful but she couldn't quite tell whether he was being serious or teasing.
 
“Well, you see, the reason she came in the first place is because she wanted to meet you. That is, if you're all right with it.” She started wringing her shirt, stretching the material with her fingers, and plunged ahead before he could form any sort of reply. “I mean, if you're not that's okay, I guess, I don't want to push you into doing anything you don't want to. It's just that I talk to her about you quite a bit and she wonders what you're really like and I thought it might be a good idea and that we could get out of the Shrine and have some fun, but if you don't want to then just say the word and I'll cancel.”
 
“She isn't…” He was about to say, `like your other friend in the hospital,' but stopped before he could make her even more nervous. As it was she was still destroying that damned shirt of hers, barely making eye contact with him, and when she would look at him it was only from the corner of her eye and up through her lashes. Besides, he knew she hadn't enjoyed that situation any more than he had and wouldn't want to repeat it, so this Sango must be a different kind of friend. He supposed he could trust Kagome in this, at least. Plus what was the worst that could happen? Nothing he hadn't already dealt with before, and if nothing else he could always just ditch the friend and lock himself in his room.
 
“It's fine I guess, whatever you want to do is okay - on one condition.” She looked at him warily and he pointed toward the corner of the room again. “You explain how a shower got in here and what you had to do with it.”
 
She waved a hand airily. “Well I assume you know how it got in here since you must have seen them install it and everything,” she teased.
 
“That's not what I meant, wench, and you know it!” with that he pounced, carrying her down to the bed with his weight. “Now you give me answers or I'll never let you up.”
 
Cocking an eyebrow, she smirked. “You do realize that's motivation to not say anything about the subject?”
 
He lowered his face to hers, a dangerous smile playing across his lips. “Then how about I tickle you into submission instead.”
 
“You wouldn't.”
 
“Oh, I would.”
 
As soon as his fingers touched her sides she caved. “All right, all right already, I'll talk!” she said giggling. “You, sir, drive a hard bargain. Now get up so I can have some air while talking.” She pushed at his shoulder.
 
“I think I'll stay here. I like it right where I am.”
 
She cast a critical eye over his still-bloody bandages but relented. After all, it wasn't like her own body was averse to the situation; on the contrary, it was all but singing. “Well after taking you over to Ryu's I realized how ridiculous it is that you don't have a shower of your own in here.”
 
“Not like that's ever bothered them before.”
 
She huffed. “Which makes no sense, as I spelled out to them plainly enough. You'd get cleaner, do it a lot quicker, and your clients would have the opportunity to get cleaned up as well before they leave.”
 
“Most of them don't care - they simply shower when they get back home or to whatever place they rented. The commute doesn't bother them much since most of them tend to take care to not get too sullied by the dirty hanyou anyhow.”
 
“I know,” she said softly, cupping his jaw. She paused a moment before jumping back into storytelling mode. “Still, most doesn't account for all, as I made quite clear. Besides, I'm a paying client and I want access to a shower, so who I decide to pay for shouldn't matter, just that they're getting my money and that I want to be clean.”
 
He narrowed his eyes and stared down at her. “You keep saying you made things clear to `them' - what exactly did you do?”
 
Mirth bubbling up, a smile broke out on her face. “I threw a fit in the lobby.”
 
“You did…” He fumbled for words. “A tantrum? You threw a tantrum?”
 
She nodded exuberantly. “A very loud, boisterous, obnoxious tantrum. Oh yes, and did I mention it was at the busiest hour of the night?” she added slyly.
 
He snickered, but winced as the motion jostled him. “Man, what I would have given to have seen that. So what happened?”
 
“Naturally Ryu looked at me like I'd sprouted a second head or something, as he'd had no idea what I was up to, but then a call came to his desk from the big wigs and he was smirking to high heaven when he told me they'd install a shower and give me the night free if only I'd shut up. Apparently they didn't want it common knowledge that you didn't have proper washing facilities - some kind of health code violation or something.”
 
She'd been more than embarrassed to be going on like that in front of so many strangers and avoided eye contact with Ryu since she hadn't warned him of her plan beforehand, but when he'd gotten a call from the higher-ups and had rushed over to quiet the `problem customer' he'd quietly shared in her triumph. “But since I didn't know when they were getting someone over here to install the thing I couldn't really hang around when I wasn't technically supposed to be in your room during non-business hours.”
 
He'd looked somewhat appeased but still a bit miffed which just made her smile so she ruffled his hair. “Aw, did someone miss me?”
 
Snorting he'd pushed her hand away. “Just wondering what could make you stop your constant mothering for a whole nine hours.”
 
Of course the fact that he'd kept track of how long she was gone was telling but neither decided to mention it aloud.
 
“So what, this your new endeavor? Making the world cleaner, one shower at a time?”
 
She sniffed at the teasing glint in his eyes before tapping her chin and appearing to think it over. “I think I could make that work as a tagline.”
 
He snorted, clearly appeased, and she beamed at him, holding onto him a moment before pushing on his shoulder and he allowed her to roll him over. Sitting up she studied him a moment before moving back slightly to gauge the state of his gauze wrappings. Despite the fact she'd nagged him into letting her change them the night before they were soaked in blood again, some of which she thought might be fresh given the color. She fussed with one of the bandages, pulling it back slightly to peek underneath. He was healing slower than normal, which meant he'd lost quite a lot of blood and had to have been exposed to damage for an abnormal amount of time.
 
Sighing heavily she prepared herself for the fight she saw coming. “You're going to have to let me change those again soon.”
 
His jaw went up in the air and his arms crossed over his chest but she just rolled her eyes. Really, what had she expected? Then, just when her back had turned, he made a grab for her, his intentions obvious. She giggled but still held him at bay. It wasn't that she wasn't as ready as he was to get down to business - it had been pure torture to be so close to him and not do anything - but there was still a goodly amount of pain showing in his eyes and when she accidentally put a hand where she shouldn't he gave a low grunt. She withdrew her hands immediately and stared at the wound she'd touched, hoping against hope she hadn't made it start bleeding again. When the dark red stain got just a bit brighter she winced guiltily.
 
“Well I'm dusty from walking around town all day so I want to go make good use of that shower but I'm just too exhausted. It'll have to wait `til later,” she said as she collapsed on the bed.
 
She thought she caught Inuyasha mumbling something about stinking like another man while in his bed but when she whipped her head back around Inuyasha hadn't moved and was glowering at the ceiling. She wasn't fooled, and was sure he'd purposely said it loud enough for her to hear, but decided to pretend she hadn't. Besides, he was injured; she could be gracious and allow him that barb.
 
Kagome just shook her head and collapsed back against the bed, asleep within moments. And though Inuyasha complained that he'd been resting all day and needed her to entertain him now, he followed her into slumber not much later.
 
~ ~ ~
 
Despite her lack of sleep the day before Kagome woke before Inuyasha, which she attributed to his still recuperating body since he usually had so much more energy than she did. She took one look over at the new shower fixture, gave a small excited squeak the thought of being able to get herself properly clean, and jumped out of bed.
 
Now standing under the shower spray, she luxuriating in the feeling of getting all the dust, grime, and sweat off after walking around the city streets all day. Grimacing in preparation for what she was about to do she turned the water all the way cold, barely muffling a squeal as shivers shot through her. Still, there was only so much she could do to cool down after sleeping next to Inuyasha all night while not being able to hold him. Luckily she only had to stay under the frigid downpour for about half a minute before she felt a bit calmer, though shaking and invigorated at being shot so fully awake.
 
Still, she smiled as she cranked the hot water up, very glad the Shrine had decided to include that feature as well, and congratulated herself on her decision to do her very public protest to get it installed. Of course the fact that she'd had to resort to that had bothered her but there was nothing she could do about it now - in the outside world she was still doing everything she could and though she was only advancing at a snail's pace at least she knew change was being started.
 
A muffled groan from Inuyasha had her ripping back the shower curtain in worry, wondering if he'd done something to tear open one of his wounds. What she wasn't expecting was to see him splayed naked across the bed, sheets tangled around his feet, as he stared at her with a dark intensity while slowly stroking his jutting erection. She hadn't thought about the fact that the light fixture in the shower would provide excellent backlighting but now it was all too blatant he'd been able to enjoy the view of her silhouette - and had obviously done so with relish.
 
She couldn't do anything but stare, transfixed, hand still clutching the shower curtain, as his fist moved up and down, the languid movement belying the smouldering heat in his eyes. Without making a conscious decision she stepped toward him, as if in a trance, only realizing what she was doing when he growled out a deep, husky, “No.”
 
Shaking her head to clear it, she dragged her gaze up from his groin and his still pumping hand to his face. She knew he wanted her - his desperation so obviously matched her own while they'd been sharing the same quarters yet unable to touch each other - yet he told her to stop.
 
“Back under the water,” he commanded, his voice resonating in a way she swore she could actually feel it. “I want to watch you.”
 
She took a short, hesitant step back, then another, until she was halfway in the spray but with her face peeking out so she could see him clearly. He readjusted himself so he could have a better view of her without craning his neck then returned to his activity with fervor. He groaned again with delight, obviously enjoying how caught up in his actions she was, his hand pumping more quickly as the other started slowly down his chest. He watched her eyes follow the slow path he trailed, smirked as she held her breath when he paused too long just before his groin, and then thwarted her wishes by moving down his thigh instead. When his fingers crept back up on the inside and tugged at his balls she inhaled sharply, though he didn't think she'd even noticed.
 
Kagome quivered with pent up energy. Part of her wanting so badly to dash up to him and put her hands all over him and she was having to use ever ounce of will-power to stay back as he asked, but another part of her was loving the show and didn't want to give it up for anything. Despite keeping his eyes trained on her his head still rocked with each upstroke, his hair a tangled mass that spread out from him at wild angles. His arms and legs clenched and flexed with each movement, the rippling of muscles an obscene testament to his physical capacity, so defined they seemed impossible for someone stuck inside constantly to obtain, making her ache to feel them tense and relax under her fingers. The thin sheen of sweat now covering his body simply made her ravenous and she wanted to either take her tongue to him or drag him into the shower with her and wash him clean very, very slowly.
 
He lifted one hand to his mouth, licked his thumb, and then rubbed it across his tip, the swirling motion very reminiscent of something he used on her. He fisted himself harder, pumping quicker, his hips coming up off the bed as he began thrusting into his hand.
 
The action nearly broke Kagome's willpower as she didn't even realize she'd stepped forward until her white-knuckled grip on the shower curtain pulled her up short. She turned to look at it in a daze, as if wondering what on earth her hand was doing holding the flimsy material, when Inuyasha chuckled. She blinked and gazed up at him confusedly
 
Raising his chin, he gestured at her head. “You might want to finish washing your hair,” he said, amusement thick in his tone. She swatted absently at her forehead, and as her fingers came away thick with suds, she realized with chagrin that she'd completely forgotten what she'd been about before finding him touching himself. With a sigh of regret for having to obstruct her view even a bit she plunged back under the water completely, reaching up to rinse her hair.
 
She didn't know how but she could feel his smug grin and knew, just knew that he was enjoying the way her position was displaying her chest. Well, she decided that since he was giving her the best show she'd ever seen the least she could do was try to give as good as she got. Already the image of him pleasuring himself on that bed was seared into her mind and she knew that all during the coming year that picture would come to her, would leave her wondering if he was doing that during their time apart while thinking about her.
 
So she took longer than necessary to clean off the soap, despite the fact that she was still dying to get back to watching him. She stroked her fingers through her hair, running her hands down her face and neck, reaching her arms up and arching her back until she was near on her tiptoes. When she ran her hands down her sides, though, she gasped in surprise when she felt his hands grasp her own. He was close enough that she could feel the heat emanating from his body despite the warm water running over her and she leaned toward him, holding her balance by bracing her weight where he still held her hands between them at shoulder height.
 
“Satisfied I'm healthy enough for `physical activities' now?” he asked sardonically.
 
She cast a critical eye at the few remaining bandages, especially the one covering the worst gash he'd had that had run from the back of his shoulder down along his side, exposing bone along the way. With water still dripping in her eyes she didn't have a good enough view to tell if there was fresh blood on his bandages but the determination in his eyes told her he was through waiting and, though she felt guilty about it, she knew her capacity for holding out was shot as well. Besides, she was a bit too distracted to look too closely at his wounds when he just stood there in all his glory: aroused, heated male soaking up her undivided attention.
 
Gazing down at his still rampant erection she grinned. “It seems someone didn't finish his job.”
 
He released one hand to run his fingers across her temple, behind her ear, and when he displayed them covered in shampoo he smirked smugly. “It seems someone else was too engrossed to finish her job either.”
 
She swatted him playfully with her free hand but when he pushed her under the water and turned her so he could work at rinsing her hair properly she leaned into him, relishing the first true skin to skin contact they'd had in a year. His fingers felt entirely too good on her scalp and she melted against him. “Why didn't you keep going? I was certainly enjoying the show well enough - the visual of you writhing on that bed will be seared into my brain forever.”
 
“First, guys don't writhe,” he growled. Sensing she was going to argue the point he grasped her around the waist, pulling her back tightly to him. “Secondly, there is no way that the first time in a year that I come, while you're in the same room, it'll be anywhere but deep inside you.”
 
As he said it his hand drifted lower, cupping her for just a moment before slipping one long finger inside of her and pulling it back out just as quickly again, all the while rubbing the length of himself against her firm cheeks. At her little gasp he leaned over her, his deep chuckle resounded next to her ear. “I'm thinking this shower could be even more fun than I'd originally thought.”
 
“I'm beginning to get that idea too,” she replied, then slipped from his hold to grab the shampoo she'd bought on her foray into the city that day. “Now turn around, it's my turn to get you clean.”
 
He waggled his eyebrows. “Will I enjoy it as much as getting me dirty?”
 
Laughing she spun him to face away from her. “I don't know but we'll certainly get to that part as well.”
 
She worked her way leisurely through his hair, spending time massaging his scalp much like he'd done to her. After she was done with that she used the shampoo as a body wash and worked her way thoroughly down his body, as much as for her own enjoyment in mapping each inch of him yet again as because he actually needed it. After all, it had been three days since his shower in Ryu's apartment and even then she probably hadn't done the best job of helping him get clean. Either that or he'd just been so caked in blood and muck that it would have required more than one shower regardless, a possibility she didn't like to think about. Even as she worked her way down him she noticed small flecks of red that she scrubbed at gently.
 
Reaching behind himself, Inuyasha grabbed her hand and squeezed, obviously guessing at the maudlin path her thoughts had taken. Pulling slowly he brought her front flush up against his back, grabbing her other hand and placing it on his stomach - something she always enjoyed. He brought her other hand up to his mouth and nibbled on the palm before working his way down her pinky and then slipping it into his mouth, his tongue doing things that made her instantly weak in the knees. By the time he'd worked his way through her fingers and was sucking on her thumb her balance was wobbly and she was panting against his back, mouth working against his shoulder.
 
She'd tried to hold out and give him a thorough massage and cleaning but her willpower had just reached its snapping point. Since he obviously had no problem with that though she felt no worry about spinning him to face her before pushing him against the wall, plastering herself against him as she nipped at his jaw. Judging from the way the muscles under her lips were pulling he had to be grinning - she could just picture the smug look of satisfaction in her mind - and her reaction was exactly what he'd probably worked to get and wanted to pull from her, but she couldn't much complain since it was exactly what she wanted as well.
 
Without preamble - she'd certainly waited long enough - she lifted one leg, which one of his hands automatically supported, grabbed his cock, and slid herself onto him. They both let out simultaneous sighs of intense satisfaction and relief, of the culmination of their year-long pent up frustrations. They remained just like that a moment, content to luxuriate in the sense of fulfillment and completion but it couldn't last, not when they were both trembling with held-off adrenaline and anticipation.
 
Kagome, balancing precariously on one foot, stood up on tip-toe to gain the height she needed to slowly, slowly slide back, pulling off half-way then pushing in an inch before backing off again, repeating the process until only the tip of him was still encompassed in her heat. Then she let her leg relax, letting her weight pull herself back down until he was seated fully inside her again. She repeated the slow agonizing process, her hands clenching the non-bandaged portions of his shoulders. After a few slow, slick strokes she pulled back and mixed it up by thrusting herself onto him with all the force she could muster in her position. She succeeded in wrenching a groan from him and suddenly felt like the most accomplished woman in the world.
 
Suddenly an idea came to her, something she'd heard her friends talking about some guys liking, and wondered if Inuyasha would as well. She clasped his ass firmly, taking the way he bucked against her as a good sign, then moved one hand down, tracing the line between the cheeks. Slowly she manoeuvred one finger in deeper, tracing around the puckered little hole.
 
Inuyasha sucked in his breath and tensed. “What are you doing?” he rasped.
 
“Just trying something new,” she said as she probed the entrance gently. “Do you like it?”
 
“No.” When she didn't stop quickly enough for him, he growled another, sharper, “No!”
 
Kagome drew back hurriedly, both in surprise and guilt, and tried to take a hasty step back. However, Inuyasha was still inside her and since his arms were still around her they stopped her backward momentum and instead she lost her footing on the soapy bit of wet concrete beneath them, instantly slipping. And of course, since they were still wrapped around each other, Inuyasha went tumbling down on top of her.
 
He'd tried to spin them to take the fall but, not only were his muscles still seized and weak from his injuries, but also his weight had been back against the wall and he'd had no force or momentum with which to try to twist them about. His arms wrapped around and covered her head to keep it from cracking against the cold cement but he still came down on her - and in her - hard.
 
He was instantly thrust so deep she winced, swearing she could probably taste him if she wished. He was crushed inside her and while the initial move had been painful it was now moving to just borderline painful, which she could manage considering the look of absolute ecstasy Inuyasha was wearing. She could imagine that, for as uncomfortable as it had been for her, it had probably felt equally wonderful to him, so she just took some deep breaths and willed her body to relax.
 
As both of them finally got adjusted from the shock of the fall, Inuyasha slowly opened his eyes and examined her. “You okay?” he asked as he pushed back the wet hair that was stuck to her face.
 
Kagome nodded. “Yeah. Thanks for saving my head.” She gave a rueful little smile.
 
Somehow he managed to look both sheepish and angry at himself. “Should've been able to do more.”
 
“No,” she disagreed, “not at all. It was my fault. So what was that all about anyhow?”
 
For his part, Inuyasha was cursing himself, stewing about how his stupid reaction most definitely ruined the mood, wondering if he should have just let her do what she wanted, or just grabbed her hand and kissed it to cover his removing it, or done something else, anything else.
 
“Let's just say I know quite well that I don't like that - at all,” he emphasized. She looked at him quizzically and he sighed. Knowing her stubborn streak, if she didn't understand the situation she'd likely try again sometime if he didn't head her off, and he certainly didn't want that. “You didn't really think all my clients were female, did you?” As her eyes grew wide he shook his head. “Figures.”
 
“But…but…”
 
He sighed again and decided to just explain so the topic would be done with and she wouldn't think up any absurd questions to ask later. Plus then they could hopefully get back to the activity at hand. “Not all the guys are gay or bisexual even. Those fuckers just think they're bigger and badder than whatever they get to penetrate; gives them some sort of ego boost to dominate anything and anyone else. The fact that I'm physically much stronger just adds to that whole thing. Ain't much different for women, either. They're just as happy to feel dominant because they're making someone else take it so there are always the ones who bring their toys for the same reason…”
 
At her horrified look he glared at her, irritated at having to explain this to her and spell out such humiliating facts. “So you could say I know the act rather well and know that I fucking hate it. Okay?”
 
“Okay,” she whispered. “I'm sorry, I had no idea.”
 
“Yeah, I caught onto that,” he replied dryly.
 
“You just always do such wonderful things to me that I wanted to try something you might like. I didn't realize I'd be doing just the opposite. I'm sorry,” she repeated.
 
He dropped his forehead to her shoulder and exhaled. “It's fine. You didn't know. As long as you don't do it again we're fine.”
 
She had to smile at that a little bit - that he was finally feeling comfortable enough to tell her, his `client', what to do. Wrapping her arms around him she pulled him closer, just holding him to her.
 
With that further insight into his other clients, though, it certainly shed a bit more light on the desperation he seemed to have to be with her. If that was what he faced fifty-two weeks out of the year - she wasn't quite sure she could term it rape since he willingly stayed when there was another alternative, but the fact that he obviously hated it was a big factor in her mind - then it was no wonder he was eager to do something to cover those memories. His body was still in bad enough shape that anything they did would cause him just as much pain as pleasure, but when she fully understood there was more to his motivation than just straightforward desire it made much more sense.
 
Stroking his hair a moment, weaving her fingers through the wet tangles that she hadn't managed to get out earlier, she willed him to calm a moment. Still, she knew she had to do something to salvage his mood and keep him from brooding further. “You know, for my part I'd have to say that getting penetrated isn't all that bad.” He looked down at her, startled, then slowly smiled as she continued. “In fact, I'd say that having you inside me is by far one of my favorite things in the world.” To emphasize her words she clenched around him and he jerked.
 
“It doesn't humiliate me to have you looming over me, to have your flesh stroking mine, to feel you across every inch of my body. I crave it every day that I'm not here, longing to have you filling me, dominating me or not, whichever way I can have it and however we feel like doing it.” She leaned up to whisper into his ear, also hoping to cover how red she was turning at how outrageously bawdy she was being. “I think the fact that you can make me think about it constantly actually proves just how much better you are at this than all of them combined.”
 
Pulling back to see her face, he snickered. “You're ridiculous.”
 
She grinned. “Most likely. I'm also dead serious.” Closing the distance between their faces she gazed at him hard in the eyes. “Now fuck me.”
 
He made a choked sound and thrust against her, taken aback by her unusual profanity. Then he slowly looked at her, eyes moving from her steady but blushing face, perusing at leisure until he was staring down at where they were joined. “That would be my pleasure,” he purred, his head dipping in mock courtesy.
 
Leaning on his elbows so he could watch her face he pulled out then thrust sharply back in, receiving a low hiss of pain from her for his efforts. He froze instantly. He sure stopped a lot more quickly than I did, Kagome thought wryly.
 
“What happened? What's wrong?” he demanded, hands running over her, looking for injuries. “I thought you said you were fine.” Suddenly his eyes grew large, panic setting in. “Shit, was it me falling inside you? I hurt you didn't I.” As quickly as he spoke he was pulling away from her but Kagome caught him around the back and kept him still.
 
“It's not that,” she clarified, glad that particular pain had finally ebbed. “I think I bruised my tailbone when we fell.”
 
Inuyasha huffed and didn't look any happier with that answer. Lifting her slightly his fingers prodded the surrounding area and when she winced so did he. “Looks like you're right. Damn.”
 
His self-deprecating look was enough to let her know he was blaming himself. “Hey, lighten up,” she chided. “As I already said, it was my fault we fell. Besides, it's not like it won't heal.” He glowered at her but didn't argue. “Anyhow, isn't there something else we're supposed to be doing right now?”
 
Shaking his head she knew he still felt guilty about it but apparently his body and libido were more in control at the moment, just as hers was, because after only a slight hesitation the panicked tension left his body and the hold he had on her turned more caressing. He made to flip them over so he'd be the one on the hard concrete but she placed a hand on his arm and forestalled him. He quirked a brow in question but she just told him, “I want you on top.” Not only did his worst injury wrap around his back, which she most definitely didn't want to put any pressure on, but after that further explanation into his circumstances she wanted him to feel as in control as he could.
 
“B-but your tailbone?”
 
She shot him a haughty look. “I'm sure you're smart and creative enough you can figure something out.”
 
He made a face at her but then his eyes went unfocused, as if thinking of a plan, then he stood on his knees so he was completely vertical, still holding her hips firmly against his. She was at an awkward angle, her head and shoulders the only things on the ground, her heels digging into his calves for additional support, but she couldn't be bothered to care about it since he was moving inside her again and it wasn't bothering her stupid, bruised butt. Letting her head loll back she moaned aloud, hands scrabbling for purchase on the slick floor, finally just gripping at his hands where they clutched her hips.
 
The sound of their wet skin slapping together reverberated through the room, echoing off the wet walls next to them, and Kagome urged him on faster. Having him inside her again, when neither of them was getting hurt in the process, thrilled her, and she wanted to grab onto him, pull him deeper into her. Every thrust filled her, stretched her in ways she'd missed terribly over the last year. Yet his momentum was so great and the floor was so slick that she was pushed backward with every thrust so that every few seconds Inuyasha had to inch forward on his knees to keep from losing his connection with her.
 
Finally he let loose a growl of frustration and she followed suit when he stopped altogether.
 
Inuyasha took a moment to study her over, wondering belatedly if the cement had been scratching at her back. “You all right?”
 
Grimacing she shook her head, wondering which kami they'd pissed off recently. “I'll be fine as soon as we can get on with this!”
 
He grunted in agreement and bent over her, unwilling to loosen his grip that held her to him. “Hold onto me then.”
 
She reached for his biceps, fingers slipping on his wet skin from the water still cascading onto his back, then finally managed to link her arms behind him. He lifted her, placing her under the shower head one more time just to watch the water sluice down her body as she gazed at him with the same gleam in her eyes, then stalked over to the bed.
 
“The shower?” Kagome worried.
 
“Feh, let it run. The damn bastards here owe me for never having installed one so leaving it a while won't kill em.”
 
“Yeah,” she breathed as he reclined her, sopping wet, against the bed. “As long as I can hear every sound you make over it.”
 
He snorted. “Feh. As if I'll let you be conscious enough of anything else other than what I'm doing to your body.”
 
She opened her mouth to retort but cut off in a windy gasp when he held her hips off the edge of the mattress, then slid out and thrust into her again before she had time to adjust to the change. In her position she really had no control over anything; she couldn't even sit up to reach him since there was nothing but air under her butt, so she beckoned him down so she could run her hands over his skin.
 
Leaning over he licked the valley between her breasts, working his way up her throat and underneath her chin. She dug her heels into the backs of his thighs, her fingers kneading the skin she found uncovered on his back, gripping tighter every time he nipped at her throat, causing her to jump lightly. Placing one last kiss on her chin he tilted her face down. “Look at me, Kagome. I want to see what I'm doing to you in your eyes.”
 
She obliged and as soon as their gazes locked the gap between their faces closed. After just a few seconds his breath was fanning across her lips, the musky smell of him invading her senses, and she realized with a jolt how close she was to kissing him, to breaking her deal, and hastily jerked her head to the side. Inuyasha hesitated a moment, then lowered his lips to her neck and began laving and sucking on it in such a way Kagome knew she'd be sporting a mark for days.
 
She was trembling now, feeling as if she'd fall to pieces if his weight wasn't there to anchor her, her chest heaving as she gasped for air. Inuyasha arched his back over her, bit at the flesh on the outside of her shoulder to anchor himself, tightened his grasp on her hips, and with one last jerk of his hips she was bucking beneath him, wild in her release. Her hands pulled at his hair, dug into his back, and just held him to her as she fell to pieces beneath him.
 
Inuyasha himself went on a while longer. He reveled in the feel of her quivering muscles clamping down around him, of being inside her while she basked in an afterglow he'd given her, of just getting to enjoy himself while having sex again. Finally he could hold out no longer and came hotly inside her, letting out a ragged groan of pure satisfaction, and felt his legs start to give beneath him as his face planted against her chest.
 
Kagome just languidly ran her hands through his hair while he manoeuvred them both so all parts were laying on the bed, then he allowed himself to collapse completely beside her, fully sated for the first time in the better part of a year. She got up to shut off the shower and when he grunted in disapproval she laughed merrily before quickly jumping back into bed with him. Then sticky, wet, and happy, they fell asleep as entangled in each other as they could make themselves.
 
~ ~ ~
 
Kagome woke with a start then smiled sleepily to herself. She moved to stretch but found her skin was tacky with dried sweat and water from the shower, and she grimaced as she pulled her arm away from Inuyasha's skin with a sticky suction. Carefully she extricated herself from the bed and his embrace, picking at where the gauze covering his wounds stuck to her. Surveying herself and the bed she realized his bandages had bled out - quite a bit, in fact.
 
Instantly worried that their activities the night before had had bad repercussions on his healing process she bent over him, examining and prodding at the dirty wrappings, but quickly realized, to her great relief, that nothing was bleeding now and it didn't look like anything had terribly recently either. She guessed the water must have softened all the dried blood that had already been absorbed by the gauze and then it simply smeared across their skin as they moved against each other. Doubtless their activities hadn't been good for his wounds but it appeared that at least they hadn't torn anything or exacerbated them excessively. Looking down at herself she saw she had streaks of blood across her belly and arms and, though it didn't gross her out like she would have expected, she knew she needed to get them both cleaned up and the bedding changed. Looked like that shower was going to be coming in very handy indeed.
 
Figuring she'd try to get as many of the wrappings off him as she could before she woke him up, considering how little he liked her hovering over him and nagging about his health, she picked at them only to realize they'd dried back onto his wounds. She sighed. Apparently she'd be pulling them off under the water despite her intentions.
 
At first she considered just waiting until he woke up himself but then decided she didn't want to wait that long. Besides, even if he was annoyed at her she was sure she could coax him into her way of thinking easily enough. Her fingers lingered on his cheek for just a moment more than necessary before she shook his shoulders, giving his arm a poke just for good measure. “Ne, Inuyasha.”
 
Murmuring in his sleep he swatted at her hand and turned his face away from her. Leaning closer to his ear she let her hand move down to caress his abdomen. “Inuyasha,” she sing-songed, her voice much lower and softer this time. Instantly his eyes cracked open and she chuckled, though when she straightened he grasped her hand and kept it firmly in place.
 
“Where do you think you're going after talking like that?” He tried for intensity but the look was ruined when he cracked a huge yawn.
 
She switched the grips on their hands and tugged at him to get him sitting. “I'm going to the shower and you're coming with me.”
 
He immediately became much more amenable to being moved. “Well why didn't you just say so?”
 
“Unfortunately not for that, at least not yet.” He cocked an eyebrow at her dismissal. “You might want to take a good look at us.”
 
He did just that, his eyes scanning her slowly, lingering on his favorite spots, and her body started to turn hot and she knew she had to be blushing despite herself. “And the problem is?”
 
“You really are a guy,” she said laughingly. “This,” she said, her fingers trailing across a streak of blood on her stomach, “is what I was referring to.”
 
“Oh.” His ears flattened and she would've sworn he turned pink as well.
 
“Hence the shower. Your bandages have dried onto your wounds now as well so we'll have to pull them off in there.”
 
He rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath. “Oh joy.”
 
“Don't worry,” she said, pulling him up to stand, “I'm sure I can make it worth your while. But first we're getting clean.” On that point she was adamant.
 
Without further ado she shoved him under the shower and turned the knob, telling him to stay put while she changed the soiled bedding. While Inuyasha didn't mind watching a naked Kagome prance around his room, he'd have much preferred that he be the focus of her attention while she did it. When she was finally satisfied with the state of the bed she wiped her brow and turned, momentarily startled to find Inuyasha staring at her.
 
Making her way to his side she pulled gently on the first bandage, glad when it gave easily. “Well, looks like the water has softened them enough they should come off. Let me know if any of them are still stuck and I hurt you when I pull on them, okay?”
 
He nodded, since it was the easiest thing to do, but knew he wouldn't actually do it.
 
Unfortunately a few of them did stick and Kagome had to coax them off with soap and warmer water, even when she left them until she had all the others done. When the last bit of gauze fell away she gave a hearty sigh of relief, then stooped to pick them all up so she could toss them. On her way back though the view of a completely nude Inuyasha under the spray, even riddled with half-healed wounds, stopped her completely in her tracks, and she suddenly understood his thing the previous night about her staying under the water. She grabbed her shampoo, still staring stupidly at him, and tripped on her own feet, her obvious distraction making Inuyasha feel much better about the whole situation.
 
After getting all the dried blood out of his hair she went to work on the wounds, making sure they were all clean especially since small fibers from the gauze had stuck in a few of them. For the most part he was looking very well except for that one long wound that snaked across his back and around his side. Though it was mending she thought she could still see small patches of white where his ribs were exposed and the visual made her shudder. Wrapping her arms around him in a sudden fit of anxiety she held him tight.
 
“What?”
 
“You scare me sometimes, you know?” she whispered into his chest.
 
He sighed, his arms wrapping around her. “You don't need to worry about me, okay?”
 
“Not worry?!” she snapped, her eyes fiery. “How could I not? You let yourself be horrifically beaten on a regular basis and I'm supposed to think all is fine? What do you take me for, some kind of idiot?”
 
“That's not what I meant,” he backtracked. “I meant-”
 
“What?” she cut him off. “That I shouldn't care about what happens to you? Well too late for that. Or what, that I shouldn't worry because you can take care of yourself?” He looked like he was about to affirm that before she pegged him with a glare. “But would you?”
 
“What's that supposed to mean?” he asked indignantly.
 
“I mean look at you!” She waved her hand across his side to showcase his newest collection of wounds. “Where do you draw the line between what's acceptable and what's not? What's to prevent someone from beating you and weakening you so far that you're unable to defend yourself if you need to? Or what if you're so used to the beatings that you don't know when it's going too far? Or, if it came down to it, would you truly defend yourself against a client? Would you be able to bring yourself to raise your hands against them, even in defense, or are you so hardwired at this point that you'd let yourself be killed one of these times by some sociopathic nymphomaniac?!”
 
“Kagome, I-” he started, shocked by her words.
 
“No, no explanations. I just want you to promise me that you'll never let it get that far. I want you to promise me that you'll never let things get that far because you can't leave me behind - I won't let you. You have to promise you'll protect yourself, that you'll value yourself above the value this stupid Shrine puts on you.”
 
When he didn't answer right away she shook his arms. “Promise me!”
 
Honestly he was surprised at how some of her accusations had hit home, wondered if it came down to it if he really would fight a client, knowing that while saving his life he'd also lose his livelihood and possibly be sentenced to death anyhow. Why go the long, laborious route when the end result might just be the same either way? Looking in her eyes, however, eyes that were clouded with fear and anger and panic, he realized he'd changed his mind on that subject long ago and that with her forcing his hand he really would have something to fight for.
 
“Okay,” he breathed, and felt her instantly relax in his arms.
 
“Say it,” she demanded.
 
“I promise.”
 
“Say it again.”
 
He pulled her in just a bit closer. “I promise.”
 
~ ~ ~
 
A/N: I'm really not happy at all with this chapter (although I must say Miroku is turning out to be a lot of fun to write) but I've given up. If I don't wash my hands of it and move on I'll never finish this danged story, haha.
 
Also, on that note, next chapter is almost ready to be posted. I just need to go through and do all the edits, then it'll be up. Huzzah.
 
And once again, as always, thanks to mine betas, readers, and reviewers. You guys are what keep this story going ^_^