InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Silver Inu-Youkai ❯ Apology Accepted ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silver Inu-Youkai

Chapter 7 - Apology Accepted

 

 

"Why do we have to get up so early tomorrow?" Youko complained.

 

"Stop complaining" Kagome said.

 

After Kurama and Kagome had joined the group, everyone was assigned a duty.

 

(Start of Description)

 

This festival was held once a year and it was put on by the royalties. No servants were to help in this except guiding the royalties to what ever they needed. In this festival, demons were to compete against each other in their own made games/adventures/obstacles.

 

6 groups were made at this point of time and every group was to come up with a challenge of their own.

 

The first group was made extra large and special. It was formed by Kagome, Kurama, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sesshoumaru and Sango.

 

The second group was Lord Inutaisho, Lady Makoto, Naraku and Kouga.

 

The third group was Lord Higurashi, Lady Kagura, Ayame and Souta.

 

The fourth group was Lord Rouy, Lord Onigumo, Shippou and Lady Mizuno.

 

The fifth group was Lady Naomi, Tsume, Akina, and Hiei.

 

Kouga is a lower lord and he rules the east southern lands. His mate is Ayame and their pups are Akina and Hiei.

 

Lord Rouy is of South Western land and his mate is Lady Naomi. Their pup is Tsume.

 

The sixth group was more of a family feud. The west northern family lord Ainal, Lady Arani, Rukata and Rirono were against everyone was a family. Since it was their 1st festival it was a point gainer for them.

 

Every demon/person would compete and would receive a mark according to their performance. Then those points/marks would be added up to their previous annual marks. Also the demon/person with he most points will be on the top of the scoring board and that gives them the power to decline 1 activity and still receive full points.

 

As of last year Lady Musuno and Lady Makoto were tied. Giving both of them the advantage of picking the groups.

 

(End~~~ I don't want to go into more details since this festival will not take place. The story would drastically change before it starts~~~ more like end of this chapter)

 

"Kagome-sama. May I talk to you for a second?" Sango said/asked.

 

Kagome looked at her and was surprised to see -the always determined and happy demon slayer- looking distressed.

 

"Hai" Kagome said.

 

Right now Kagome, Kurama and Sango sat in the guest bedroom of lord Youko. Sesshoumaru, Inuyasha and Miroku were there as well, but had left a while ago.

 

"Lord Youko, I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow morning than. Ja ne!" Kagome said as she followed Sango out the door.

 

Sango and Kagome went outside and jumped up on the roof using Kagome's balcony as the first step. Sango walked until she came over a steep part, which also had a balcony under it.

 

Kagome followed her and finally after a while of silence kagome asked "what do you wish to talk about?" she said looking at Sango who only stared straight ahead.

 

Unbeknownst to them, they sat right on top of Sesshoumaru's guest room.

 

"I'm sorry. I had no right to pry into your personal life; even if I do consider you my friend. I had become selfish and didn't care whether you had business to attend to or not. I wanted your company all to myself; I was trying to work on getting the all days back when we hung out together all the time."

 

"I do consider you as a friend of mine, before I found Lord Kurama I didn't know many things that should've been brought to my attention Sango-chan. I've changed and I'm afraid that this change will only bring more pain to the ones who I love if I were to never return from the battle." Kagome gave her explanation.

 

"But look at the positive side; you are letting them taste what it's like to know the real Kagome not an ice princess. And you will come out alive. I won't let you die and neither will Prince Sesshoumaru." Sango said and then looked at Kagome who had a light blush on her cheeks. It was barely visible due to the dark and Sango's human eyes didn't help much either.

 

"But I have no right to let them dream of something when it might not come true. And I would ask you to refrain from the name calling. Also I have not accepted prince Sesshoumaru's proposal yet and so he has no right to interfere in what is mine. That guy has too much nerve. I barely know him and he skips the courting and right to the proposal. But it's all ok since I won't be there to accept or decline."

 

"There you go again with the death thing." Sango said. She sighed before continuing "so what do you think of Prince Sesshoumaru?"

 

"Keh." And so that's how their night went, just talking about everything. Kagome could always open up to Sango and feel better later on. They have known each other since they were very young and as they grew up together they joined everything together. They were inseparable, but then they had duties as they grew up and that pulled them apart. Sango was made the head general of their army while Kagome had to patrol lands and take care of some business concerning their lands.

 

*** Morning ***

 

"Where's Kagome?" Inuyasha asked.

 

Everyone except Kagome, were heading towards the main hall for breakfast. Kagome didn't show up at their early morning meeting and now she wasn't with them to go eat breakfast.

 

Sango had looked pale all morning and she would fidget a lot. Also it didn't help how she kept looking outside the window and peaking glances at Sesshoumaru.

 

`Kagome forgive me.' "She took off last night towards the north border after sensing something wrongs in that direction. She hadn't taken her armor or her swords."

 

"Baka human." Sesshoumaru growled and ran towards her room, closely followed by the others.

 

As the stopped in front of Kagome's room, the demons could smell Shippou and Souta and thought they were sleeping due to their slow heart beats. They could also tell the Kagome and Kaede were in there, and the fact that Kagome was injured was given away by the smell of herbs and the faint smell of the blood.

 

Without even knocking, everyone sort of rushed into find Kagome holding a sheet to cover herself up while Kaede was tying a knot on her shoulder. She had just finished bandaging her up. Also near Kagome's feet her top hakama was fond with blood on it. You could see some herbs on the side table and a barrier around her bed. WindScar was growling and stood in front of Kagome, while she had a scowl on her perfect face.

 

"Get the fuck out." Kagome ordered through gritted teeth. Sesshoumaru looked unfazed but he did growl back and stayed where he was. The others exited as quickly as they had come in.

 

"I do not wish to repeat myself." Kagome said as her anger rose. WindScar jumped on the bed and left the two alone. Once inside the barrier you couldn't hear, smell, see, and so on. Basically your senses would shut down.

 

"What happened?" Sesshoumaru asked. He closed the door as Kaede left the room and moved towards her.

 

"None of your business." Kagome growled out as she slowly made her way towards the closet.

 

"It is my damn business." Sesshoumaru said as his voice rose to almost a yell. He motioned for her to sit on the couch and waited for her to talk.

 

She merely looked away from him.

 

He growled as she stood up. By now kagome had started feeling a little dizzy with all the moving around and the loss of blood. Plus the tight hold she had on the bed sheet that was wrapped around her was going to loosen up soon. Not wanting something like that to happen, she tried to make her way towards the closet again but was stopped by Sesshoumaru.

 

"Whether you accept or decline the proposal I am and always will be concerned about you. Also if you don't tell me what happened then I'll just have to look into your memories." Sesshoumaru said in a voice she had never heard coming from him. She could feel that he was concerned, heck his words were laced with it and knowing he wasn't leaving her until she spoke up she decided to tell him what happened. Also she wasn't strong enough right now to block him from entering her mind.

 

"I had gone to check out the northern border since I sensed some disturbance from that direction. I found about 50 wild demons making there way towards the castle. All I know is that someone is using this festival as an excuse to attack our lands." Kagome said.

 

"So you fought them and came here early morning?" Sesshoumaru asked with a hint of anger. `Does she not care about her safety? Fighting wild demons is not easy.'

 

Kagome growled - in a way she had said `obviously'.

 

Sesshoumaru put on his cold mask again and moved to touch her injured shoulder but she pulled back instantly with a growl.

 

"Stop. You will just reopen your wounds."

 

"No."

 

He looked at her for a while before he picked her up and placed her on the bed. Losing her concentration and with the loss of energy the barrier gave away.

 

"I will not let you die." He whispered in her ear. Kissing her forehead he left with out another glance.

 

*** Kagome's POV ***

 

`Would they just knock already so I can tell them to get lost.' Sigh `I've been doing that a lot lately.'

 

"Sss..." ugh that stung.

 

"Gomen child". Kaede-Baba said. I had asked her to bandage me early morning before I lost too much blood.

 

"It's alright Kaede-baba." I said.

 

"Child. Your companions are outside. Do ye wish for me to tell them what happened. You need to rest."

 

No Kaede." I was and moved the shield that was around my room.

 

The door opened and everybody came in, just barely giving me enough time to cover myself with a bed sheet that was neatly folded and was on the chair of my dresser.

 

"Get the fuck out." I practically yelled. They didn't even knock. What a bunch of perverted bastards. Kami I need to calm down.

 

Why the hell is he still here? That annoying twit; and he really need to stop starring at me.

 

"I do not wish to repeat myself." I had to restrain WindScar mentally, before he attacked.

 

What happened?" he asked.

 

"None of your business." Is he concerned about me?

 

Why am I telling him what happened. His eyes are so unusuall. I can get lost in them forever. `whack' Kagome back to earth. I usually don't give a damn but with him around it's like my brain is working overtime and I'm thinking all these stupid things.

 

He tried to touch me. Nobody touches me, is he stupid? As if I'm going to let him see my injuries.

 

Now what?. Get out of my room already. He just sat there staring at me and then I felt myself being carried in his arms, but before I could protest I found myself of my bed.

 

"I will not let you die." His voice is so smooth. Gods what am I thinking. He kissed me. I can still fell it. Why? I should've killed him for his behavior.

 

*** end POV ***

 

Sesshoumaru walked outside to see everyone anxious to know what had happened.

 

"She's fine and is currently resting." Sesshoumaru said.

 

All of them nodded.

 

"We will be late for breakfast, let's go." Sango said looking guilty as ever.

 

*** Later ***

 

*sniff sniff* two pups sat on their okasaan/ neechans bed crying to se their mother injured.

 

Kurama was going to Kagome's room to check up on her, when he found the pups like that.

 

"Shippou, Souta. What's wrong?" Kurama asked.

 

"Mama is injured." Shippou said.

 

Kagome was between the land of sleep and unconsciousness and that disabled her senses. Though she could feel the disturbance around her.

 

"Hey! She's fine." `Not working' "hmmm how about I show you guys some tricks and then you can surprise your okasaan and neechan." Kurama said.

 

"Really?"

 

"Will you?"

 

As soon as Kurama nodded, both boys had already gotten ready with their weapons and were dragging an amused Kurama towards the dojo.

 

*** later ***

 

Sango stood in front of Kagome's door with Hiraikotsu beside her. She was still beating her self up for being as stupid as to not tell anyone, when she heard a groan from inside the room and the unbelievable speed grabbed her boomerang and made her way in.

 

"Kagome. It's Sango. I'm here." Sango said as she helped Kagome sit up.

 

"Shippou and Souta are with Lord Youko. And you have out for nearly a day. And everyone will most likely get up in 4-5 hours, enough time for you to be fully healed. Lord Sesshoumaru kept coming in to check up on you and you can't eat until breakfast time and for the festival we haven't started on anything yet." Sango answered all of Kagome's unasked questions. While she did that, she had taken of the old bandages and cleaned her now skin healed wound.

 

Sango helped her into a silk night dress and once again answered her unasked questions. "I was outside the room, incase of an emergency and it was no problem and you're welcome. Now that I have answered everything, go back to sleep." outside the room, incase of an emergency and it was no problem and you'questions. in.ging an amused Kurama towards the d

 

Kagome gave a weak nod and thanked Sango `again' before she fell asleep again.

 

Sango smiled and took up her guard outside the door.

 

*** Morning ***

 

Sango woke p on a comfy bed and tucked in. She looked around and realized that she was in Kagome's room and on her bed. Looking towards the bathroom door she saw kagome drying her hair and wearing a black and white miko garb. She also had her swords and her armor on.

 

Sango got off the bed and opened her mouth to ask something when-

 

"I brought you in here and you're welcome. Also you might want to get ready because it's almost breakfast time." Kagome answered with a smirk.

 

Sango sighed. Thanking Kagome `again' she left and made her way towards her room.

 

*** Breakfast Table ***

 

Kagome ignored everyone who had entered her room yesterday without knocking. Sango was an exception and as for Kurama, he was forgiven for taking care of the pups.

 

Souta and Shippou had gone with Kaede-baba after their demonstrations. As for the adults they sat in the library discussing the festival.

 

"Kagome would you stop that?." Kurama asked/said.

 

Kagome growled and kept pacing back and forth.

 

"Well at least stop flinching at every sound." Inuyasha said.

 

"Shut up Mutt face. Something's not right..." Kagome mumbled.

 

They heard her and knew that she was right. Something just didn't feel right but they have been ignoring it for a while now. Though they couldn't ignore It any longer because of the blood chilling scream and the sound of a sword being unsheathed.

 

 

Hey guyz... sry for the late update... hope u like it and thnx a lot to all my reviewers... also I dunt have skewl this semester so I'll be updating few chapters... anywayz.. g2g.. and plz review.. bye...