InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Spoiled ❯ Spoiled ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Another new idea that was eating at me! The song is called “Spoiled” and is sung by Joss Stone with her beautiful voice. It takes place right after Inuyasha and the gang fought Suikotsu of the Shichinintai and saved Kikyou.
 
The story is told in both points of view (POV) of Kagome and Inuyasha.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own the Inuyasha characters or the song.
 
><><><><><
 
The camp fire blazed and illuminated the faces of the two young men who sat around it. Inuyasha and Miroku sat in complete silence while the girls and Shippou were in the hot springs not too far away. Inuyasha's face was set in a scowl as he tried to figure out his biggest problem. It wasn't Naraku, he was nothing compared to the problem that had been growing steadily in the last few weeks.
 
They were close to figuring out Naraku's secret and why he was able to hide in the shadow of Mount Hakurei. They had been seeing Kikyou a lot more because she too had come to the mountain. There in lay his problem. He didn't want to admit it but he was glad Suikotsu was such a good opponent. He didn't know who to save when Rinkotsu in gulfed Kagome and the others in flames, and Kikyou was about to be crushed by Ginkotsu. Who would he have run to?
 
In the beginning it was easy to choose Kikyou, but now it wasn't. He cared so much for Kagome, that at times it hurt. He couldn't remember ever feeling so attached to Kikyou, and that was saying a lot.
 
“Vexing is it not?” Miroku asked, his voice breaking through the silence that built a wall around them.
 
“What do you mean?” Inuyasha asked he continued to star at the fire.
 
“I mean your situation with Kagome and Kikyou. It must weight heavily on you.”
 
“Keh, it's none of your business,” he snapped at the monk, but Miroku was use to it and ignored his rudeness.
 
“It becomes my business when Sango is angry all the time because Kagome is sad all the time,” he said looking up at the stars. Inuyasha deflated a little.
 
“I don't know what to do,” he admitted.
 
“Your indecisiveness hurts Kagome, but Lady Kikyou doesn't seem to be bothered at all,” Miroku mused a loud.
 
“She probably knows she has nothing to worry about. If she wishes it, I will go to hell with her,” he said. His eyes never left the flame in front of him; he watched the dangerous light dance. His eyes caught the flames and the bright gold melted into liquid amber, becoming even more beautiful. But they held such sadness…
 
“Then you are going to leave Kagome? You've made your choice?” Miroku asked, finally looking at the hanyou.
 
“What choice do I have?”
 
“Well you could either die and be tormented in hell with a woman who seems to delight at that thought. Or, you could accept the new life that was given to you, and live it with your friends.”
 
“I can't abandon Kikyou, but I don't want to hurt Kagome,” He said softly.
 
“You hurt her now.”
 
“She shouldn't be here! I don't like hurting her but she stays and accepts the pain! I wish she would just go home and stay there so I wouldn't have to see her face anymore!” He yelled.
 
Kagome was coming from the hot spring to get her shampoo that she had forgotten and stopped short when she heard his confession. Tears stung her eyes and she stopped them quickly knowing he would pick up the scent.
 
“You don't want her by your side anymore?” Miroku asked calmly.
 
“I don't want her hurt anymore. Why does she stay? She knows how I feel about Kikyou and that I could never forget her.”
 
“Maybe she just wants too,” Miroku said.
 
“She could have her old life back. There's a boy in her time who likes her. She could be with him. She could be free from this, from me…”
 
Kagome POV:
 
Kagome had ducked down under the bushes and was listening intently to their conversation. She heard what he said about her old life and about Houjo. And some small part of her considered his words. Could she just return to her life as a normal teenager and date Houjo? Could she forget her friends and the obligation to fix the jewel? Could she sit in her room and study knowing he was over here fighting a battle without her? Or that he was probably being sucked into the pits of hell?
 
“I kinda thought that I'd be better off by myself
I've never been so wrong before
You made it impossible for me to ever
Love somebody else
And now I don't know what I left you for

See I thought that I could replace you
He can't love me the way you do
'Till now I never knew
Baby”
 
 
Could a smile from Houjo even measure up to a smile from him? Could she go home and listen to her friends twitter on about boys like they were the most important thing when she had seen so much more?
 
All the times they had made each other laugh and saved each other's lives. In the beginning he was all she had. When they were in danger together and they depended on each other; all that just for her to return and never come back? Then what was it worth?
 
[Chorus:]
”I'm spoiled
By your love boy
No matter how I try to change my mind
What's the point it's just a waste of time
I'm spoiled by your touch boy
The love you give is just too hard to fight
Don't want to live without you in my life
I'm spoiled”
 
 
Inuyasha POV:
 
He knew he wouldn't be able to forget her and then he would just be in the same situation all over again. To be with Kagome and think about Kikyou; to be with Kikyou and think about Kagome. How could he ever hope to be with her? She didn't feel that way about him, but he had never had such a loyal friend. She threw herself into danger to try and save him. He had followed Kikyou around constantly trying to protect her but she had never offered to protect him. Kagome was just a weak human, her miko powers were untrained, but still she tried to help him. How could he ever forget that?
 
“tried to tell myself that I'd be over you in a week or two
But baby that was 'bout a year ago
I've never seen the word love so personified as I do with you
And that is why I just can't let go, oh no”
 
 
Kagome POV:
 
He had given her adventure when she thought her life was dull. He had protected her from danger and shielded her from death. To leave him to his fate would make her nothing more than a traitor; even if that is what he wished.
 
 
Inuyasha POV:
 
She was his best friend. If Naraku had never happened would he have become human? Would he have stayed with Kikyou? Would she have laughed the way Kagome's does? Would she have argued with him the way Kagome does? Could he just send her back to the future after all she had given him?
 
“I'm spoiled
By your love boy
No matter how I try to change my mind
What's the point it's just a waste of time
I'm spoiled by your touch boy
The love you give is just too hard to fight
Don't want to live without you in my life
I'm spoiled…Spoil me”
 
 
Kagome POV:
 
The more she thought about it the more idiotic it sounded. She couldn't leave him. If that's what he wanted then he would just have to get used to disappointment because she was not leaving. He could scream, yell, and rage until the earth shook but she was not going back through that well to stay there. Her old life was just that; old. She liked her new life, no matter how much it came into contact with danger. She wouldn't be like Kikyou and betray him by leaving.
 
 
Inuyasha POV:
 
He couldn't imagine his life without her now. His soul was unsettled when ever she went home for too long so there was no way he would be able to deal with her being gone for good. Who would he argue with? No one yelled at him with the passion she did. He may be bound to Kikyou but he was also bound to Kagome, even without the rosary necklace.
 
“And I would only be fooling myself if I tried to
Believe there's room for someone else in my heart
There ain't no way I'm getting over you
I don't know what I've been trying to prove
I'm hopeless, helpless when it comes to you”
 
“I'm spoiled
By your love boy
No matter how I try to change my mind
What's the point it's just a waste of time
I'm spoiled by your touch boy
The love you give is just too hard to fight
Don't want to live without you in my life
I'm spoiled”
 
 
Kagome POV:
 
No, she would stay with him. After all she did love him…
 
Inuyasha POV:
 
No, he would let her stay with him. He had to keep her around, if only to figure out how he felt about her…
 
“I've been spoiled yeah yeah”
 
 
 
 
 
 
><><><><><
 
END!
 
A/N: I'll get back to my other story now!