InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Squirrels ❯ Squirrels ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Squirrels
Anubis_himura
An: Hey guys. . . this isn't posting the " " so if you aren't sure who's speaking when. sorry I can't help it's MM's fault. I realized it did that with Legands too. . . sorry. *Tear* I'll try to sort it all out. Much love A_H

I searched frantically. Almost there. Almost complete! I look down at my creation. It begins to twitch slightly. I wonder if this will work. Soon, humans will not fight anymore. No, we have a better weapon. If I can just find the right . . . ah ha! One more connection and. SUCCESS!

There was a loud crash, and a harsh surge of light. I shielded my face against the intrusion and waited for the reaction to die down. I smile when I realize that it is over. I look down at my master piece. There he sits. The new weapon of mass destruction. People will bow to me. To me and . . . Mr. Nutsy!!

~*~*~ Later that night §¤
A girl, no older than nineteen, was driving along a long and deserted road. It was nearing nine at night, but in the fall it was more like midnight. The girl turned on her high beams and watched the road cautiously. She hated driving at night. She tucked a strand of her raven hair behind her ear, and then proceeded to turn up the radio. She sang along to the song blaring from the old speakers, of her eighty-seven Ford escort. "Twenty, twenty, twenty four hours to go . . . I wanna be sedated. Nothing to do no where to go. I wanna be sedated." she continued singing until she noticed a chipmunk in the middle of the road. She let out a scream and slammed on her breaks. It was too late however, the chipmunk had been hit.

She pulled over to the side of the road and ran to the animal. Surprisingly when she got near it, it didn't seem injured. She gently picked it up and it wasn't even bleeding. She sighed with relief and brought the chipmunk over to the side of the road. It looked up to the girl, as though reprimanding her. She stared at it, confused for a moment. Then, out of nowhere came a dozen or more squirrels. The girl put down the chipmunk and looked at the squirrels. "Hey there little fellas." she said with a small smile.

The squirrels were not amused. They darted after her, she ran away as fast as she could (temporarily forgetting her car was mere centimeters away). She ran deep into the woods, the squirrels catching up with her quickly. Faster she ran, jumping over falling branches, and tree trunks. The squirrels ran into the trees, chasing her from above. There were gray squirrels, red squirrels, chipmunks, and flying squirrels all chasing her. What do they want? And more importantly, how did they organize themselves like this?

Seeing a light in the distance the girl ran for it. She noticed a mansion was attached to the light, or rather the light was attached to the mansion. She darted in through the ominously open doors and closed them behind her. She stood against the wooden doors, panting heavily, trying to calm herself.

"Good evening." came a mysterious voice. She looked around for the owner, but found no on there. "Come into the drawing room." the voice instructed.

Never having quite been in such a situation, she obliged. She walked to the left of a grand staircase to, what she assumed, was the drawing room. She opened the heavy oak door and walked inside. There was not much furniture in the dank room. A small desk, a tiny stool, and a high-backed chair were basically the only furniture. The girl took a seat opposite the elaborate high-backed chair and waited for . . . something.

"I see you have met them." the voice drawled.

"If by 'them' you mean the vicious squirrels." she stated harshly.

The voice cackled. "Vicious?" he asked mockingly, "No. Just intelligent. And strong."

"You did this?"

"I did. Lord Inuyasha Chives at your service." the man turned around in his chair.
He had strikingly white hair, a stern face and dark eyes. Not much else could be seen from the girls vantage point, he was after all, covered in shadow. "And . . . you are?" he asked, feigning interest.

"My name is Kagome Higarashi, and my Father is Lord of Lyon estates. So don't you pretend you are a lord Mister." again he cackled.

"You have moxie little lady."

"Where is the real Lord? Or better yet, where am I?" she asked looking sternly at him.

"You are at Golden estates."

"Ah ha! Lord Miguel runs Golden estates. You are not he. What have you done with Lord Miguel?" she stood up; forcing an answer from this maniac would not be simple.

"He is a little" he paused, adding a dramatic effect, "tied up." his lips curved into a smirk.

"You won't get away with this!" she thought about that for a second and sat down, "Wait. What are you doing anyway?"

"I plan to make it so that humans will never have to go to battle again." he stated simply.

"Well, that sounds oddly noble."

"Yes, I have created a microchip to put inside of our furry friends here." a chipmunk suddenly jumped on the desk. Kagome jumped back, startled slightly, as Lord Tobias began cackling again.

"That is ridiculous!" Kagome shouted.

"Oh it is? It scared you." he replied smugly. "The point is, they have super human strength, super human agility, super human everything! They are our superiors."

"You are crazy."

"Perhaps so. Perhaps. Let us test our theory. Follow me."

Kagome had no real choice but to follow. She was led through long and winding corridors to another exit, leading into the cold dark night. She looked around at the unfamiliar grounds. She was standing on a less than sturdy porch, looking out to a giant field, with random objects scattered through it, almost designed as an obstacle course.

"Go." he ordered. Kagome didn't move until a strong hand pushed her forward, off the porch. She walked into the middle of the 'obstacle course' and waited. "Ready?" Kagome nodded in confusion.

"Wait, ready for what!?" she called.

"GO! Go my creatures!"

Kagome looked around as the field was suddenly flooded with squirrels. She couldn't move, they were blocking her in. She saw a tetherball poll and climbed up it. Now it was a race to the death . . . against the squirrels.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


She jumped off the tetherball poll and dashed across a set of strategically placed tires. She then crawled through a tube and over a rope bridge. Slightly out of breath, she rope climbed over a brick wall. The course was leading her in circles and the maniacal squirrels were still hot on her trail. Silently praying her plan would work she leaped into the air, and came crashing down in a mud puddle. The splash was enough to stun a few squirrels and they stopped running after her. She had just enough time to make it up a set of monkey bars before another group came running at her.

Meanwhile Inuyasha . . . I mean Lord Inuyasha Chives, was standing on the porch, watching the display. The floodlight was centered directly on Kagome and him and Mr. Nutsy were having a grand ol' time watching.

Kagome hung upside down by her legs, staring down at the squirrels, though many had already begun climbing the poll. She struggled to come up with a plan. She felt a soft impact on her leg and looked up. A squirrel was standing on her knee, grinning? Kagome screamed and kicked her leg, which inadvertently caused her to fall from her 'safe' haven to the cold, wet ground. Kagome sat in a puddle, crying her defeat.

"I just want to go home! I never want to see a stupid Chipmunk, squirrel or any such thing ever again!" her tears were blending in with the rain pouring down on her face and she didn't bother to wipe them away.

The squirrels gather around Kagome, as though plotting her demise.

"Kill." Inuyasha demanded from the porch.

The squirrels crawled all over Kagome, encompassing her body entirely. Then they began to hug her, and comfort her.

"Kill! I said kill! Are you stupid I said kill!" Inuyasha screamed

The squirrels made sure Kagome knew they weren't going to hurt her, and then they glared back at their creator. Slowly they skittered away from Kagome, back toward Lord Inuyasha Chives. He backed toward the mansion, Mr. Nutsy the only one obeying, still rested on his shoulder.

"No . . . obey me! Only me! What is wrong with you? I created you!" he shouted.

"Looks like you gave them too much knowledge . . . Lord." Kagome smiled to him from her position on the ground. She stood up slowly, a petite flying squirrel perched on her shoulder.

"You can't do this!" He shouted, finally against the wall, unable to move further back.

"But they have." Kagome responded curtly.

"How did you turn them against me?" he questioned.

"I am not quite sure myself. If I ever figure it out, I'll let ya know." Kagome's eyes flashed a deep red as her mouth spread into a grin and fangs appeared. "Get him!" she shouted.

Lord Inuyasha Chives was attacked by his creations. Mr. Nutsy tried to fight them, but he was useless against them all. He watched as his master was torn to shreds. He looked back at Kagome, and to the menace on her shoulder.

"You wont get away with this!" Mr. Nutsy said before scampering into the forest.

"Of course I will." Kagome's grin spread even wider as she nuzzled against the squirrel on her shoulder. "And I shall name you . . . Fluffy!"