InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Plans ❯ Are We There Yet? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: No, I don't own InuYasha. Last time I checked I'm not rich. I simply manipulate the characters to my liking. (evil laughing)

Chapter 4:

As Kanna make her way back to the castle she felt more wetness on her cheeks. It seemed that the weather was in a similar mood. She made her way to the basement and unlatched the door to where Naraku's "children" were born. The smell nearly knocked the small demon unconcious. It was the most disgusting scent she had ever come across. The floor boards were melting away in a few places and the ceiling was covered in a purple jelly-like substance. A low growl brought her attention to the back of the room where a shadowed figure sat hunched in a corner.

"Who are you?"

"I am Kanna. I am your sister."

"Who am I?"

"You are Daisuke." This poor creature sounded so lost and frightened.

'Did Naraku not even tell him his name?' The demon of the void thought.

"Who are my parents? Where am I? How did I get here?"

"Your father is Naraku. You are an incarnation of him. You are in his castle. How you got here even I do not know."

"Why are you here?"

"I am to take you to-"

"No, I mean why did Naraku create you? Why did he create me?"

Kanna couldn't believe the amount of pity she was feeling for this poor creature.

"We were both created from his flesh to do his bidding."

"Where are you going to take me?"

"I am to take you to someone Naraku wants killed."

"I am to kill someone? Why? Why must I kill someone I have never even met?"

"Because it is your purpose."

Kanna didn't want to believe her own reason, but that was the only one she could come up with.

"Come Brother."

---------------------------------oOo-------------------- ----------

"InuYasha-"

"Don't say it, Kagome."

"Are we there yet?"

"Ahhhh, shut up!!! Stop asking me! How the hell am I suppose to know when we'll get there when I don't even know where a hut-"

"Hey, umm, InuYasha..."

"Shut up wench! I'm trying to answer your stupid question!"

"But InuYasha-"

"Stop interrupting me! I'm trying to talk! You always expect me to know every-"

"Sit, boy."

CRASH

"-thing."

"Sorry InuYasha, but you wouldn't listen to me."

InuYasha shot up from the ground.

"No, you weren't listening to me! You never do! You think you're ALWAYS right!"

Kagome stopped listening before he started talking again and walked up to the hut.

"I AM always right! See this big thing made out of wood next to me? This is a hut and this is what I was trying to tell you this whole time!"

InuYasha just stood where he was grumbling about something while Kagome went over to her bag and picked it up just as lightning streaked across the sky followed by a loud rumble of thunder.

"EEP!"

"Come on wench!" InuYasha yelled over the noise as he picked Kagome up and ran in to the hut.

Once inside InuYasha put Kagome on her feet and shook himself spraying water all over Kagome.

"InuYasha!" Kagome laughed. She had to admit it was awfully funny when he shook like a dog.

"So how about some ramen?" InuYasha asked happily.

"Nope, sorry. You ate all of it."

"What? But you just got back from your time! Why didn't you buy some more?!"

"Because I didn't have time between my exam and make-up homework. You'll just have to go without for awhile. I think you'll live."

"Yeah, whatever. That means that now I have to outside a catch something."

"No, wait InuYasha." Kagome said looking through her bag.

"What?"

"I packed a couple of meals and...hey what's this? Oh look I have one cup of ramen left! You want it?"

"Keh, do you have to ask?"

"Hmm, good point. I'll make it for you. Can you go fill up these water bottles."

"Keh, whatever." He said grabbing the bottles and leaving the hut.

Kagome looked around the hut and found some dry wood. She started a small fire with her matches and a couple strips of bark. Then she took out a small pot and put the water that she had left in it to boil. She got out one of the lunch boxes she made and got out her chopstickes when a small knock was hear at the door and a figure entered the hut.

"You." Kagome whispered.


A/N: Mwhaha, I'm evil. Who do you think is at the door? Review and tell me who you think it is. Winner(s) get the next chapter dedicated to them. I know, some great prize!

some restrictions apply.