InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Sweet Potato Pie
 
What's up my peeps? Angel15025 here with a new story. Don't worry, I'm still working on my other story, but this one just came to me one day as I was sitting in class after my math final was over (thank goodness). I'm not sure how long it will be, it's going to follow Inuyasha and Kagome through a relationship that will hopefully end in marriage if all goes according plan.
        I own nothing except for the plot and the idea of making Kagome's last name Moralez (snarls at the Player Hatin' Lawyer), so nobody sue!

        Sweet Potato Pie
        Chapter 1

        Kagome Moralez had just walked out of the supermarket with her groceries in hand.
        `I don't know how I'm going to make three sweet potato pies by tomorrow,' she thought as she hurriedly made her way to her black and silver motorcycle. `I just had to promise the class pie.' She was so deep in thought, she didn't notice the man walking towards her until she bumped into him. Kagome fell and her bags went flying everywhere. Cans were damaged, eggs were cracked, and a bag of flour exploded covering both people in a thin layer.
        “Excuse me Miss,” the man said. “I guess I wasn't watching where I was going.” The stranger had long silver hair, golden eyes, and two dog ears perched on his head. He was wearing a business suit and carrying a brief case, well not anymore since it flew out of his hand and landed several feet away (amazingly still closed).
        “No, it was my fault. I should have been watching where I was going,” Kagome said, brushing flour and dirt off of her jeans and shirt. Kagome looked like the polar opposite of the man in front of her. She was wearing a pair of stone washed Levi's, a purple fitted thigh length tank top and a pair of purple Vans (I love Vans).
        “Was this stuff important?” the man asked.
        “Yeah, I promised my class I'd make them sweet potato pie,” Kagome answered.
        “Oh, you're a teacher?”
        “ Yes, I teach third grade.”
        “Wo w! You don't look like a teacher to me. I always pictured teachers like the ones I had, old, mean, and ugly.”
        “Wel l, my make up's covering my ugly teacher's wart. I guess I'd better go get some more ingredients.” Kagome picked up her purse and started back to the store.
        “Hey wait!” The man walked up behind her. “I insist you let me pay for your groceries.” Kagome smiled at him.
        “Thanks!R 21; she said. “Oh, my name is Kagome Moralez.”
        “ Inuyasha Tashio. Your last name, is it Spanish?”
        “ Yes, I'm part Mexican,” Kagome said.
        “Cool. Do you speak Spanish?”
        “ Si, yo habla espanol muy bien. (Translation: Yes, I speak Spanish very well.)”
        “Yo habla espanol tambien, pero yo habla muy pequito.(I speak Spanish too, but I speak very little.)”
        “ Not bad. You just need to work on your accent a little,” Kagome told him. “Oh! We passed the yams.” She laughed a little and doubled back for five cans. She looked at Inuyasha. “Methinks maybe we should have gotten a shopping cart.”
        “I'l l get it,” Inuyasha said. He came back carrying a basket.
        “Um, we need a shopping cart. I'm getting a lot of cans and it will get very heavy.”
        “Do n't worry I'll carry it,” Inuyasha said. “I'm half demon, so cans are pretty light.” (Can't you just hear his smugness?)
        “Well, if you're sure..”
        “I' m sure.”
        “Alr ight. So, what do you do?” Kagome asked.
        “Excuse me?”
        “Well you know I'm a third grade teacher, what do you do?”
        “Oh, I work for my father's company. I'm the head of communications at Tashio Inc.”
        “That sounds interesting. I don't think I could do anything that doesn't have to do with kids,” Kagome said.
        “Well kids are cool. I don't think I could work with them though. I don't have the patience for it.” Kagome laughed at him.
        “No, you defiantly need patience. If you yell at them, they know they've gotten under your skin, which is exactly what they want. You know, you look too young to be the head of communications at a big time cooperation. How old are you?”

        “ ;I'm 25. How about you? I didn't know they hired such young teachers.”
        “ ;Why do you think I teach elementary school instead of high school? They'd chew me up alive. I'm 24.” Kagome pulled a bag of flour off of the shelf, then that bag exploded on the pair (just playin'). Kagome put the bag into the basket. Inuyasha barely felt the added weight.
        “Thank you so much for paying for the groceries. I should have just promised the class pizza, it's so much easier to make,” Kagome said with a sigh.
        “You like to cook?” Inuyasha asked.
        “Yes, in fact if I wasn't teaching, I'd probably run my own restaurant.”
        R 20;So, why don't you just open one?”
        “HA! I love teaching, but it pays jack, besides I don't have the time.”
        “You don't? Why not?”
        “Oh you know, meetings, grading test, field trips, the works. Also if I did want to run a restaurant, I'd have to take night classes because I'd need administrative skills, business and accounting skills. Not to mention the upkeep, hiring people, ordering food, and...” Inuyasha covered Kagome's mouth with his hand.
        “Ok, I get it. No restaurant,” he said taking his hand from her mouth.
        “You're lucky I don't know you. The last time my little brother tried that, he pulled back a soggy hand,” Kagome said, dryly.
        “Eww! Yuck!”
        “Yep . Well I've got everything, we can check this stuff out now.” They walked to the check out. “Thanks again for paying for my groceries. This stuff shouldn't cost more than twenty dollars,” Kagome said.
        “It's no problem,” Inuyasha said modestly (yeah, right).
        “Hey, I've got an idea! How about you come to the school tomorrow and have a slice of the pie you helped buy? Ha ha, that rhymes!” Kagome giggled.
        “Sure, what times?”
        “Ab out twelve. We're going to watch `Secondhand Lions' so you can stick around for that. I mean if you're not busy heading communications or something.”
        ̶ 0;No, I'll be there. I want to see if this `pie I helped buy' is any good.”
        “Wel l, the kids think so. I guess I won't know until it passes your inspection.”
        R 20;I promise I'll go easy on you.”
        “Prom ise? Don't make me look bad in front of all those third graders.”
        “ I promise. So where is the school?”
        “W ell I teach at Third Street Elementary. On Third Street. I'm in room 218.”
        “Alri ght, I'll be there,” Inuyasha said as he wrote the information on his hand. All the items had been checked out and paid for by now and Kagome was grabbing her bags.
        “Here I'll get those,” Inuyasha said grabbing a couple of bags from her.
        “Thank you. Your such a gentleman (yes people she is still talking to Inuyasha).” Kagome smiled at Inuyasha. They walked over to where Kagome parked her motorcycle. Kagome put the bags she was carrying on the back on the bike strapping them on with bungee cords. Inuyasha stood there with a surprised look on his face.
        “What? Can't a girl ride a motorcycle?” Kagome asked.
        “No, it's just that I don't know too many teachers who ride them,” Inuyasha answered.
        “I do have a car actually. An ancient Mustang that looks like it underwent a drug inspection.”
        R 20;Ouch! I remember my first crappy car.”
        “What was it?”
        “It was a cherry red three year old Miada.”
        “Wa s the engine shot?”
        “No, it was old.”
        “I thought it was only three years old?”
        “Isn' t that old?”
        “Well considering my Mustang is twenty years old, no. I wish my car was three years old.” Kagome was getting exasperated. Inuyasha was obviously spoiled and Kagome wanted to get home to bake her pies (trust me, sweet potato pies take a long time to make).
        “Well thank you again Mr. Tashio,” she said as she put on her helmet. “It was nice to meet you.”
        “It wasn't a problem. And please, call me Inuyasha.”
        “ ;Alright, Inuyasha.” Kagome revved up her bike and started to back out of her parking spot. “Manana! (Tomorrow!)” Kagome took off on her bike and waved to Inuyasha as she rounded the corner.
        “Manana,& #8221; Inuyasha whispered to himself.

        And so ends my first chapter in this story. How do you like it? Press the review button let me know!

Why are you still reading this? REVIEW!!