InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Potato Pie ❯ Next chapter ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Angel: Hey yall! I don't know if I'm going to have time to update this summer, so I wanted to get this chapter to you before I left. I have to say this chapter has been my favorite to write so far. I'm sooo proud of me. No normally this is when the Playa Hatin' Lawyer comes in and says something smart, but my higher ups have decided he wasn't doing a very good job so they're sending me a replacement.
Knock,knock,knock
That's him now. I wonder who they got (opens door) OH MY GOSH! You…you're ORLANDO BLOOM!
Orlando(with cute British accent): Yes I am and you must be Angel. I'm your replacement lawyer.
Angel: My higher ups are definitely getting Christmas presents this year. Marry me?
Orlando: Sure, after your disclaimer.
Angel: InuyashaisthesoulpropertyofoneRumikoTakashi.AllIownistheplotlineandtheideao fmakingKagomepartMexican. Let's go! Rushes out with Orlando in tow.
 
Chapter 13(I think)
 
Kagome walked out of the school building into the gleaming sunlight. Inuyasha said he'd be there at three…
Beep!Beep!
His silver car pulled up to the curb and he rolled the window down.
“Well, I was supposed to pick up my girlfriend, but you'll do,” Inuyasha said with a smirk.
“I don't know, my mother always told me not to take rides from strangers,” Kagome said with a thoughtful pout. “Well, you seem nice enough, so I guess it's ok.” Kagome giggled and got in the car. After she got in she leaned over and kissed Inuyasha. “How was your day?”
“It was alright,” Inuyasha said with a shrug as he drove off. “My dad called a meeting so I didn't do much today except talk about statistics and junk. What about you? Have fun with your principal friend?” Kagome's face darkened and she crossed her arms.
“Don't you bring that idiota up around me. He…nevermind, but he's no princiPAL of mine.”
“What did he do?” Inuyasha asked suspiciously. Kagome rubbed her arm and shivered.
“It was nothing, really, he just said some really rude things to me that I'd really rather forget.”
“You sure?”
“Yeah, cross my heart.”
“Alright then. Should we pick up your brother?”
“No, he went to a friend's house to study. I have to pick him up later.”
“Ok.” Inuyasha turned down Kagome's block and stopped in front of the house. “You're sure everything is ok?”
“Yes, but it's sweet of you to worry,” Kagome said. She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. “Now come on. I want to bake some brownies.”
“Brownies?” Inuyasha's eyes widened and he raced up to the door. “Come on,” he urged as he pulled his key out. Kagome shook her head and followed him into the house. Outside, a car sped up the street.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
“He has a key?!?” Kouga slammed random things around his apartment. He had followed Kagome home that afternoon. He had to see how serious she was about him. Kouga felt like his heart had been ripped out when he saw his Kagome kiss that…that halfling! In his minds eye, Kouga saw them in a passionate embrace, her fingers entwined in his silver hair, his hands rubbing her back…
NO!” Kouga shouted in frustration. He stormed through the small apartment into his bedroom. He picked up an alarm clock and threw it against the wall. Kouga collapsed onto his bed and ran his fingers through his hair.
`If you can't have her, why should anyone else?' Naraku's words rang in Kouga's head as clearly as if he'd been in the room.
He's right, Kouga thought, that mutt doesn't deserve her. Kouga walked over to his window and watched the sun set over the Tokyo skyline. But how to make her see that? How to make her understand her mistake?
`Send her to Heaven to keep her safe from the wrong men. When you die, you'll have an eternity to spend together.' Kouga furrowed his eyebrows and looked away from the window. Should I? Kouga asked himself. Once again the image of Kagome kissing the halfling invaded his mind and he punched the wall. Kouga grabbed his coat and rushed out of his apartment to his car. He can't have her, he thought desperately as he tore down the streets. I'll have Kagome one way or another.
Kouga slowed down as he reached Kagome's block. He parked two houses down on the opposite street so he could see into the window. In the living room, Inuyasha sat watching TV while Kagome worked on dinner in the kitchen. The sweet domesticness was lost on Kouga who only felt the bile rise in his throat. Kagome picked up the phone and nodded her head a couple of times. After she hung up, she went into the living room and leaned over the couch so her head was resting by his. She said something to him then he kissed her on the nose and got out of his seat. A minute later he walked out the door and drove off in his car. Kouga waited a couple of minutes then got out of his car and made his way to Kagome's door.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
Kagome started making dinner as he brownies cooled on the table. Inuyasha was in the living room watching a basketball game.
“Where are Sango and Miroku?” he asked.
“They're at Sango's parents' house for dinner,” Kagome answered. “Didn't Miroku tell you? They should be back by nine.”
“No he didn't.”
“Yeah so it's just you, me, and Souta for dinner tonight. We're having cat fish.”
“Sounds good.” Kagome smiled as she put a couple of pieces of fish in the frying pan. Just then the phone rang. “Digame,” she answered. “Hey baby boy. Alright, I'll see you later. Love you.” Kagome put the phone back on the cradle and walked into the living room. She leaned over the couch and put her head next to Inuyasha's.
“That was Souta,” she said. “He's ready to come home. Could you pick him up? The place is really close, you'll be back in ten minuets tops.” Inuyasha kissed the tip of Kagome's nose.
“For you, anything,”Inuyasha said. He got up grabbed his jacket and keys then left. Kagome went back into the kitchen to finish dinner. A couple of minutes later, there was a knock at the door. She pulled her fish out of the oil then went to answer.
“Forget your keys?” she asked thinking it was Inuyasha. She gasped when she got a good look at her visitor. “Kouga, what are you doing here?” Kouga said nothing as he reached out a gloved hand and grabbed her. He pulled her forward and kissed her roughly on the lips. Kagome struggled in his grasp and pulled away from his kiss.
“Are you drunk?” she asked. “Let me go!”
“Please just tell me you love me!” Kouga said desperately trying to hug her.
“You are out of your mind!” Kagome kicked Kouga in the shin then pulled away from him and ran to the kitchen. Kouga regained himself and scrambled after her. Kagome was about to call the police, but Kouga grabbed her wrist in one hand and pulled the phone out of the wall with the other. Kagome bit his hand and he howled in pain as he threw her to the floor. Kagome clamored to her feet grabbed her frying pan and threw it at Kouga. The pan missed, but Kouga was sprayed in the face with scalding hot oil. He screamed and clawed at his burns. Kagome ran into the living room, Kouga, still grasping at his face, was right behind her. He grabbed he around the waist and tackled her to the floor taking the table lamp with them. The light cast an eerie shadow of the scene on the wall, like a shadow puppet show.
Kouga grabbed some wire and wrapped it around Kagome's neck.
“You see what you do to me?” Kouga whispered harshly in her ear. “Do you see? You could have been mine, I wanted to marry you!” Kagome sputtered and tore at the wire around her throat. “Tell me you love me. Say it!”
“Errggha…NO!” Kagome managed to say. Kouga's grip on the wire tightened as he cried out in agony.
“Why?” he shouted, shaking Kagome. But she didn't answer. Her struggling was getting weaker as she slowly lost consciousness. Kagome stopped moving and her breath became raspier. Kouga released the wire and rolled the unconscious woman over. He wrapped his hands around her throat to finish by hand. Kouga leaned in to kiss Kagome good bye when the door crashed open.
“Get off of her!”
“Kagome!”
“What did you do to my sister!”
Kouga found himself ripped away from Kagome. His eyes widened as Kagome took a deep rasping breath. No! he thought. She can't live! She's supposed to wait for me! Kouga was spun around to face Inuyasha. His eyes had darkened to an almost reddish color, but Kouga just gave one last despairing glance at Kagome and growled at Inuyasha. He pushed the silver haired man away and fled for his car. By the time Inuyasha reached the side walk, Kouga was gone.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
Inuyasha ran into Sango and Miroku on his way back from picking Souta up. Both cars had stopped at the same red light two blocks from the house.
“Hey Souta, look it's the Honeymooners!” Inuyasha said, pointing at the couple.
“You're just jealous that you don't have a girl this beautiful to drive home with,” Miroku said putting an arm around Sango.
“The light's green,” Souta said. He rolled his eyes at the antics of the adults. Inuyasha pulled ahead of Miroku's black Infiniti and led the way home. He pulled to a stop outside of the house, Miroku and Sango right behind him. The first thing they noticed was the weird lighting in the living room and the shadows of two people against the wall. Inuyasha rushed up to the door and crashed through.
In the living room he saw the crazed Kouga with his hands around Kagome's throat. She wasn't moving. Sango, Souta, and Miroku stopped in their tracks when the saw what he was doing.
“Get off of her!” Inuyasha shouted.
“Kagome!”
“What are you doing to my sister?” Inuyasha pulled Kouga off of Kagome and made Kouga face him. Sango, Miroku, and Souta rushed to help Kagome. Kouga cast a despairing glance at Kagome, then pushed Inuyasha away before he took off out the door. Inuyasha chased after him, but by the time he reached the sidewalk, Kouga was gone.
“Dammit!” Inuyasha shouted before running back into the house. Miroku had moved Kagome to the couch and Souta was fluttering around asking if his sister was ok. Kagome wasn't moving. Sango ran down the stairs.
“I just called an ambulance,” she said. “they should be here in a few minuets.”
“Is she…”Inuyasha started.
“She's still alive,” Miroku said. “But her breathing is really shallow and I could just barely find a pulse.”
“She's going to be ok, isn't she?” Souta asked, tears filling his brown eyes. “She's got to be! I can't lose my sister,too!” Inuyasha hugged the boy and let him sob on his shoulder. No one made a sound as they waited for the ambulance to come.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
Sirens pierced the night air as it sped to the aid of yet another innocent victim. Across the street from Kagome's house, a black shrouded figure watched the drama unfold with a sadistic smirk on his face. Naraku chuckled with glee as he watched the ambulance pull up.
“Well done, Kouga,” he said. He faded into the shadows as the ambulance attendants unloaded the stretchers.
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
Angel: I think that was my best chapter so far.
Orlando: I don't agree, I think your entire story is wonderful.
A: Aw, baby thanks!
O: You're welcome, darling.
A: Well now we know how my husband feels, let's hear from the readers. Review and make my day.