InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle through Time ❯ Ch. 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 10
 
“What a tiresome couple of days,” sighed Tajira. She stood in front of her home, completely exhausted, her pink aura beginning to fade. “I need some rest,” she muttered. Yet, before she could enter her home, a deep purple light flashed in front of her.
 
“Takeshi?! It can't be,” she said in bewilderment as her eyes met the man standing before her. He was young and handsome, with jet black hair and dark eyes. His robes were deep green, and quite elegant. He smiled at her, taking her hands into his before she could back away. Strange, crackling energy began to surround them. After the smoke had cleared, the man released Tajira and finally spoke.
 
“It's been far too long Tajira,” he said slightly menacingly. “I see you're looking lovely as ever.”
 
Tajira stared back at him in confusion. His presence was frightening, causing her to lose her usual confident demeanor. She lifted a hand to her face, feeling skin that was smooth and youthful. “How is this possible? Am I no longer pure spirit?” she thought. Tajira's confusion quickly turned to rage.
 
“What did you do to me?” she blurted out angrily.
 
“I returned your physical youth of course. You should be thanking me. I made you beautiful again.” Indeed, she was quite beautiful. Her hair was no longer gray, but dark and silk-like. Her violet eyes glowed brightly. Even her clothing was rejuvenated. She now wore an elegant, pink silk kimono, with blue trimming.
 
“I have no desire to be young again,” she replied coldly. “Nor do I have any desire to see you. What trouble have you caused?”
 
“Now, now, Tajira. What makes you think I'm causing trouble?” he asked sarcastically.
 
“Well, for one thing you should probably be dead by now, or at least anciently old.”
 
“I owe my youth and longevity to the help of a certain demon. By fusing with this demon I was able to retain my young appearance. I was also given the ability to absorb other creatures, even humans, and thus take their abilities as well.”
 
Tajira stared at him with disgust. “He's the one,” she thought. “He must have absorbed humans and demons with the time travel ability.”
 
“Being who you are, I'm sure you know what I'm planning on doing.”
 
“Traveling through time so recklessly is more dangerous than you know. You've already damaged the system. If you don't stop you're going to destroy reality. Everything will cease to exist, even you.”
 
“So what?! What have I got to lose? My entire existence has been miserable. If I am not able to distort reality successfully, at least I will have shed my misery on everyone else. And if I should succeed, than I will have everything I have ever wanted, including you. It's a win win situation, don't you agree?” He moved closer to Tajira clasping her hand in his. She quickly rejected him.
 
“You're insane…and you smell like heaven knows what. You can't see past your eyes. You couldn't even talk to me until you had made me young again. You don't even know what you want.”
 
Takeshi lightly chuckled as he began to dissipate, his face still wearing a confident smirk. “I'll meet up with you later, my dear Tajira.”
 
After he had left, Tajira stood with her fists clenched. “I didn't realize it was him. This changes everything.” An image of Takeshi, wearing that same confident smirk, flashed before her mind's eye. “Damnit. I have no way of tracking him. He could be anywhere. What am I going to do?”
 
The sky was beginning to darken as Sesshomaru silently made his way along a small path. All that could be heard was the rhythmic sounds of footsteps and the gentle chirping of crickets. Jaken and Rin were following him as usual. The young Rin seemed to be the only one brave enough to break the silence.
 
“Lunch was so delicious!” said Rin as she skipped along. She was ecstatic to have finally found adequate food. Nothing in the world could remove the smile from her face. “Today was a perfect day, wasn't it Master Jaken?”
 
“Yes, just lovely,” replied Jaken in an irritated voice. “Don't you ever shut up, girl? You've been skipping about all day. Isn't it your bed time?”
 
Before Rin could answer, a sudden strange noise caught everyone's attention. Sesshomaru stopped to listen, causing Jaken to walk right into his leg. Powerful explosions could be heard amidst muffled voices. There were strange crackling noises as well - they almost sounded like lightning.
 
“Watch out behind you!”
 
“Cha!”
 
“Kagomeeee!”
 
“Hmm…” thought Sesshomaru with his usual unemotional expression. “It almost sounds like Inuyasha, yet I cannot sense that he is near.”
 
“What is that, Lord Sesshomaru?” asked Rin innocently.
 
“It sounded very strange. Some of the noises seemed like they were coming not too far from here,” added Jaken.
 
“It's nothing,” replied Sesshomaru as he promptly continued walking.
 
“Wait for me, Lord Sesshomaru!” called Rin.
 
“Wait mi lord!”