InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Bet ❯ The Bet VI: Fire An' Ice ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

[Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or the rest of the chars, and I definitely don't own any of the songs that shows up here. They're also the property of respective creator… Just thought I'd state it… J ]

WARNING: Here comes another scene… If you're not into these kinds of stuff, I still don't understand why you bother reading this fic after the summary I put up… And if you are, then here's some more to chew on… *grins* I repeat: LEMONY SCENE IN THIS ONE!

Might as well set a little warning for the dark scenes later on in this chapter. Kag, a razor… And you can figure out the rest…

The Bet

*****

VI: Fire An' Ice

"And why should I? I don't like you, you don't like me, and still you're trying to get me into bed. How stupid do you think I am?" She stared at him, trying not to be intimidated by the gaze he directed at her. Instead, she shrugged, keeping her ground as he continued staring.

"Oh please…" Still not knowing what to say, she rose from the edge of the desk and moved over to the window, staring at herself in the reflection. This was getting out of hand again, and she didn't like it one bit. She heard the CD player change to another song, 'In the air tonite', and tried not to notice the way the title of that song seemed to fit in with what she was up to.

She could see him stare at her, head tilted slightly to the side, and she shivered. There was something about that gaze that made her knees want to give way, and she drew a deep breath. Whatever thoughts of giving up the bet was gone now, replaced by anger and pride. I'm not going to loose this!

Suddenly, he moved over to her, standing no more than a breath away behind her, meeting her eyes in the reflection of the window. This time, the gaze was unreadable, as dark as honey, and her dream came unbidden to mind then.

He reached out to sweep her hair off her shoulders, and she stiffened at the contact with his hand. Neither of them said anything as his hand found the taut muscles of the back of her neck, and he began kneading them. She sighed, a soft sound that seemed to echo in the room. His hand crept out on her bare shoulder, sweeping away the bands of her top down on her arms, and she blinked. What was he up to now? I'm the one who's supposed to be seducing him!

The feeling of his fingertips on her skin awoke the heat inside again, pooling out in her limbs and making her a little unsteady. He leaned forward, smelling her skin as his hands began creeping forward in a too slow manner for her to be happy with it. He tilted her head slightly to the side, and kissed her neck softly. She couldn't do anything else but stare at him, her eyes as wide as they could go. His hands found hers, and grabbing them as he used them to pull the top down to her waist the rest of the way. A sharp intake of breath was her reaction to that, and he almost smiled. She closed her eyes momentarily and he kissed her neck again. She moaned, a sound that had more effect on him than he cared to admit to anyone - least of all himself. Biting her lightly, he brought her hands up to her breasts, cupping them and touching the nipples lightly. Her head rolled backwards, landing on his chest and he could see her half open mouth fight for air. Guiding her fingers, he rolled the nipples gently between her thumbs and indexfingers, bringing another moan from her. The sound reverbrated through her, purring out through her back and connecting with him, sending shivers down his spine.

Entwining her fingers with his, he brought her hands lower, gliding slowly down her stomach to her pants, the fingertips not quite brushing her skin on the way. She opened her eyes again, the half open sapphire orbs meeting his in the window again, burning with the fever he had created by just touching her. But he wasn't finished yet, far from it…

He began opening the button to her pants, using her own hands in the process, guiding the fingers inside slowly. She drew another deep breath as she felt the way he - and she herself - touched the sensitive skin of her lower abdomen. He opened the front of the pants, slipping their fingers inside her panties for a moment. She didn't even bother to try breathing as the warmth spread through her limbs even more, setting the nerves on fire again. A slow smile spread on his face as he watched in the window again, their eyes locking. Then he grabbed her indexfinger steadily as he used his to rub her sensitive skin between her legs. The fabric of her panties were still between their fingers and her skin, and the feeling that washed through her then was almost enough to give her an orgasm. But as if he had expected that, he pulled them away, watching her bite her lip instead. Still having her turned to the window, he guided her hands to remove her pants and pushed them down her hips. She shivered as he glided down her almost naked back, his breath in short puffs so close to her skin. He let go of her hands and removed the hindering clothes on his own, taking off her socks in the process. The cold floor connecting with her feet made her shiver, and he kissed the small of her back before grabbing her right foot and place it on the windowsill in front of her. She blinked at that, but didn't move as his hand glided up on her calf, continuing up on her thigh. He was still crouching behind her, and suddenly she felt him kiss the inside of her other thigh, setting fire to her in the process. She sighed, leaning her head backwards and tried to keep herself steady on her feet - easier said than done as he rose again, slowly kissing her spine all the way back up to her neck. The way he had spellbound her was so soft, so untracable that she hadn't been able to see it coming until she had been tangled up in his web - and not wanting to get out again…

"Close your eyes…" The voice that whispered next to her ear was nothing more than a purr, designed to seduce. She stared straight ahead at first, not quite catching what he had said, and he leaned in closer, nibbling her ear lobe. She whimpered, the sensation of his lips on the sensitive skin was almost too much for her to bear. Her breaths were short and ragged, and she felt him smile behind her. He's definitely too confident for his own good… The thought held no real heat, all her senses had gone wild again. And she wasn't sure she cared at all.

"I said…" A short pause as he moved over to the other side of her head and removed the hair there to whisper in her other ear, "Close your eyes… Now." She obliged, shivering as she felt his hot breath down her neck again. He took her hands in his again, entwining their fingers as he slipped them inside her panties, softly touching her bud, bringing a startled moan from her. God… He kissed her neck again, working to produce a short circuit in her whole system as his fingers guided her own inside her panties. She could feel the moisture begin to gather there, and she leaned heavily on him, the only support she had. He caressed the slippery skin between her legs for a moment longer before slipping their fingers into her, letting her feel herself with him, slowly moving inside. He set the pace again, dipping in and out, keeping her other hand on her hip to keep her steady. She still had her eyes closed, letting the feeling of him wash over her.

He increased the speed a little, feeling her muscles contract around their fingers, the moisture washing over them as the orgasm wrecked her body and she fell against him with a loud gasp. Smiling slightly, he pulled their fingers out, still leaving her panties on.

"You liked that, didn't you…?" Leaning down to her ear, the voice was another soft purr that had its own way of seducing her and she nodded blindly.

"I want to hear you say it… Say it…" He watched her swallow, her throat working before a sound emerged.

"I…" Another swallow, "I liked it…" He smiled, watching how she blushed again. He bit her neck lightly again, bringing another of those moans from her that set his blood on fire.

"Good… Because I'm not finished yet…" Her eyes opened then, watching him in the reflection as he smiled a predatory smile, the one he usually saved for business meetings. It had the desired effect on her as she gasped, trying to free herself from his hands. He held on to them, still meeting her eyes in the window. Guiding her stiff arms upwards wasn't hard, especially not when he pressed himself to her, molding their bodies together and letting her feel what she did to him. He paused at her waist where her top still was, grabbing it and pulling it up with her hands. She had closed her eyes again, drawing short ragged breaths as he left her hands above her head, running his fingers down her arms. The soft skin on the inside of her arms were now officially on fire, the way he continued out to her breasts to cup them sent more sparks dancing on her skin. Rolling the nipples gently again, he pressed into her back, watching as she arched her back against him and steadied herself with her hands on the windowframes in front of her. 'Take a look at me now' was playing in the background, another fitting song to what they were doing, she absently noticed through the heat pooling inside her again. She was hardly aware of her surroundings at all, concentrating on the feelings her body went through instead.

His hands danced on her skin again, the light brushes almost making her whimper again, and she swallowed. She opened her eyes again, just to close them the moment after as his fingers glided down her stomach, drawing shivers on the way. He paused for a moment, and she opened her eyes again, meeting his now honeycoloured ones again. Still standing with her back against him, she didn't have any trouble visioning the way he would look out off those clothes, but something told her that he wouldn't be out off them so easily tonight.

Meeting her eyes for another moment, he let his hands glide upwards again, to cup her chin and turn her head slightly to him. He didn't kiss her, but instead met her eyes straight on. They were large, not quite comprehending what was happening with her. The pupils were enormous, almost drowning out the blue of her irises. A small smile played on his lips as he leaned forward again, licking her chin up to her lips. She drew another of those deep breaths that pressed her so nicely against him, and closed her eyes again. He let go of her head, watching as she turned it forward again, leaning it on the window in front of her.

He brushed away her hair from her back again as he began kneading it slightly in the same way as she had a couple of days ago. She moaned, the sound not what he had expected from her as he worked his way down using his hands and mouth to mold her the way he wanted. She was hardly breathing as she felt his hands cup her buttocks for a moment before following the edge of her panties up to her hips, drawing them down with his hands as he continued down her legs again. He had her stepping out of them, finally standing there naked.

"What…" The rest of the sentence was drowned in a gasp as she felt his fingers inside her again, probing gently. "God… Oh, God…" The breathless plea brought a smile to his lips again as he increased the pressure inside her again. He dipped another finger in, using his thumb to explore the sensitive skin around her entrance. Another moment, and her loud gasp and the way her muscles contracted around his fingers told him that she had had another orgasm. She was leaning her head more heavily on the window now, breathing slowly as if it was the only thing she could do. It probably is… He rose again, brushing his body against hers as he towered over her again.

The feelings inside her was so intense, screaming of dangers, that she couldn't concentrate on anything else. She rested her head on the cool glass, her eyes closed. She could feel him behind her, brushing against her naked back with his hair as he once again kissed her neck.

"Had enough yet?" The soft voice made her open her eyes, staring blindly straight ahead as she tried to form a coherent answer.

"I… I…" The only thing that came out was another breathless plea as she watched him smile again. God… God…

"Don't move… I'll be right back, but not if you move…" She nodded, not quite sure what she was doing, but her body was reacting on its own again.

"I… I won't…" She tried to swallow again, the lump in her throat hindering her.

"Promise…" He was by her ear again, the voice and the hot breath there sending shivers down her already overloaded spine and she nodded blindly again. "Say that you will stay right here, and not move an inch…"

"Yes…" Her breathless reply was not what he wanted to hear, and he grabbed her around the waist, pressing her into him again. She felt his own arousal, and the feeling of him sent a wave of longing through her. She wanted him inside her, wanted to feel all of him.

"Say it…" The low growl startled her momentarily as their eyes met in the window again.

"I won't move… I… I promise…" He smiled that slow smile again, the one that melt her and broke her into pieces for him to pick up and put together just the way he wanted her.

"Good…" With that, he left her there, standing with her forehead pressed to the cool glass of the window, gazing out without seeing anything. She met her own eyes in the reflection, trying to find reason in the blue depths and failing quite miserably. The door slammed shut behind him, and she heard him move down the hallway outside, the floor creaking as he stepped on the loose boards.

She took the respite from him to try to calm her own body down, but the only thing she succeeded in was to make it remember exactly what had happened, and she blushed. Kami, I was the one who was going to seduce him, not the other way around! Breathing slowly, she forced the blush away, still standing like he had left her. Her clothes were laying on the floor in a heap, her panties on top. And somewhere, the thought of her behaving like some heroine in a book swimmed to the surface - just to drown in her 'I don't care!' the moment after. She didn't, not at all. He could play his machogames for all he wanted, she was just too happy to oblige…

The door slammed shut behind her again, and she jumped. He smiled at her, seeing her standing there just like he had left her, not moving an inch.

He walked over to her slowly, studying her lithe form as it was reflected in the window in front of her. She was really beautiful right then, her hair disarrayed and slightly blushing as their eyes met again. And she was still going to get hell for trying this with him…

Moving up behind her again, he rubbed his chest against her back, bringing another gasp and her arched back against him, unable to stop herself. His hands moved down her stomach again, watching her eyes darkening with anticipation as he stopped just above her dark curls. Keeping back a chuckle, he moved away for a moment, grabbing whatever he had left on the desk. She watched his hand warily as he came back to her again, feeling him watch her in return. The chill of the ice against her skin made her jump again, the way he used it to draw goosebumps in its wake so sinister that she for a moment considered breaking loose. The thought was lost with all others as she felt in slide down her stomach in between her dark curls again along with his fingers. She whimpered again, the sound so loud and pathetic in the still air around them that he smiled in the same predatory way as earlier. The way he was gliding the icecube back and forth was enough to make her knees give way, and she slumped against him. He steadied her, watching her reflection in the window as she was breathing rapidly, blue eyes staring ahead without seeing anything at all. He choose that moment to push the icecube into her, her orgasm almost instantaneously. That made three in one night, and the smile on his lips weren't the nice kind as he held her there, molding her against him.

"God… Oh, God…" The only thing that came over her parted lips were the incoherent prayer, proving that she was quite defeated. He wasn't finished yet with her, whatever she thought.

"You liked that too, didn't you?" He kept his voice calm, not expecting her to answer him. She didn't either. She swallowed, another of those pathetic sounds emerging from her lips as her back was pressed against him again. "Didn't you?" The voice was lowered to another growl, and he watched as she struggled to say something.

"Yes… I did… Very…" A deep breath again, "Much…"

"I thought so…" Chuckling at the look she sent him, he leaned forward, breathing against her cheek for a moment before moving over to her ear, biting into her ear lobe again. She closed her eyes and tried to turn around, but he held her steady there. No, I'm not done yet…

"You…?" Her question was nothing more than a whisper, and he stopped what he was doing.

"It's just a bet…" The chill of his voice washed over her, and he watched her eyes becoming wide, instantaneously brimming with tears of anger and pain. When she fought to break loose this time, he let her go, watching her as she stood there, head held high. She didn't say anything at all, to his disappointment - he had almost looked forward to an argument with her - but instead leaned down and grabbed her clothes. He turned to his desk, not watching with his eyes but with the rest of him as she scrambled into her clothes. Not a sound was heard behind him. He counted the seconds before turning around again, the usual cool expression on his face. She kept the tears back as she flung her hair over her shoulder, and met his eyes. He reached for her then, grabbed her chin between his thumb and other fingers, using the other hand to hold hers away from him. They stared at each other for another moment before he leaned in, brushing his lips against her in a light kiss and watched the first tear fall. Not so tough as you look, then…

"Go to hell, Sesshoumaru, you fucking…" The rest of the sentence was drowned in her sob as she broke away, running out of the room. He stood there, watching as the door slammed shut, hearing her running down the hallway outside and suddenly felt… guilty? No, not that… Empty, is more like it. Why, he couldn't even begin to imagine. And now… One down, one more to go…

*****

Kagome grabbed her coat and shoes and hurried outside, tears falling down as rain on her face. It hurt, it hurt worse than breaking up with Inu had, all those years ago. God, what have I done to deserve this?

You only have yourself to blame - he knew about the bet, and you were still so stupid that you kept it on!

Go away! I don't want to listen to you now!

Don't you think it's time we have that little talk that you're just keeping on avoiding?

Now? No fucking way!

Your loss…

Yes, my loss… What have I done? How could I be so stupid? I actually thought… No, I was just stupid enough to do this, and now I'm paying the price… Why didn't he just kill me when he had the chance? It would have been more merciful…

Perhaps it was what he just did… It certainly feels like it…

Go away! I don't want to hear anything from you right now!

Reaching her car, she slammed the door shut behind her, not caring about the seatbelt as she drove off. She just wanted to get home, take another shower and cry her eyes out.

Slowing down the car a little, she dried the tears on her cheeks, not wanting to let her family see them as she came back to the house. She sat in the car for another minute to steady her nerves before going in, the sound of the TV greeting her. No tears now…

"Kagome? Is that you?" She froze as her mother's voice reached her, trying to decide whether to turn and run or stand there and answer. The decision was taken from her as her mother and Hojo emerged from the living room, the latter with a nervous smile on his face.

"Hi Kagome! I was just on my way over to Inu's. Your mom told me you were there…" It wasn't possible to say who was the most stunned person in that hallway as Kagome suddenly began sobbing violently - her mother, Hojo or herself.

"Just… Just leave me alone!" She screamed at them as they both tried to reach for her, stopping them both effectively in their tracks.

"Kagome? What's wrong, sweetheart?" Her mother tried again to reach her daughter who was now huddling in on herself like she was in pain. She had crawled into a little ball on the floor, leaning her head on the wall beside her and crying her eyes out.

"Don't you fucking touch me! Leave me alone!" She forced herself up, running to the bathroom and slamming the door behind her. They heard the shower beginning to run immediately, and the older woman and the younger man was still standing there, staring at each other without understanding anything at all.

Kagome leaned her head on the wall in the shower, letting the hot water run over her and wash away the feeling of his hands. She cried silently, clutching her stomach to try to ease the lump there, wanting it to disappear so that she could be back to herself again - the kind, smiling Kagome she had been just last week. Not the snapping bitch that had taken over her body ever since last Thursday. It was just four days, but it felt like an eternity.

"Happy now, Inu? You won… I'm not touching that bastard again, not even if he is dying…" Scratching the wall beside her with a shaking fingernail, she felt another wave of pain and tears wash over her, and before she knew what she had done, she had the razor in hand again, ready to slice at her wrist.

Don't do that! You know that it's not the way to get rid of the pain!

It is… It'll disappear for a while… For now… I've done it before, it feels so good afterwards…

I know very well what you have done and not done, and it have never felt good afterwards - because the guilt comes then… And you know THAT as well as I do…

I know… I just… I don't want to feel like this… I want it to go away… It hurts so much… So fucking much…

Dropping the razor again, she pulled up her knees, wrapping her arms around them and continued crying. An hour ago, she had been… happy? Perhaps… Or at least, feeling a hell of a lot better than now…How can it hurt so much? It was just a game… Just a fucking game…

She didn't move at all until all the hot water was used up. Then she just sat there, staring for another moment before turning off the shower and grabbing her towel. Staring at herself in the mirror, she watched the young woman with the large eyes full of pain stare back at her. Is that me? Or is it what I will become? Shuddering, she dried herself off, wrapping the towel around herself as she unlocked the door. There was no one in the hallway, and she sneaked off to her room. Dropping the towel on the floor, she reach for her nightgown, the one with the little pink teddy-bears on. She rummaged through her wardrobe for another pair of panties, not caring about the grandma-like ones that showed up. Any would do.

Finally dressed enough, she locked the door to her room, not wanting to have anyone barging in on her as she lay down on her bed, still sniffling.

The phone rung suddenly, and before she knew what she had done, she reached for it. More for an end of the noice than wanting to know who it was, and was more or less deafened by Inu's worried voice.

"Kag? What happened? Why did you leave?" The comfort he offered was too much, and the tears began falling again.

"I… Inu, just get over here, please?" She sobbed, hearing his sharp intake of breath.

"I'm going to kill the bastard!" The voice was so unlike him that she sobbed anew. It was so cold and distant that she for a moment thought it belonged to Sessh… No, I'm never going to say his name again! Ever!

"No, Inu… Please, just get over here… I need you…" She heard him draw a calming breath.

"I'm on my way… Just don't do anything stupid, will you?" She shook her head before remembering that he couldn't see her and answered.

"I won't… Just hurry, please…" The last word was barely audible, and she hung up, knowing that he was on his way over. He would take care of her, he always did. He might be gruff on the surface, but underneath it all he was the sweetest person she had ever known.

She lay there on her bed, waiting in the darkness until she heard his car on the driveway. Then she rose and unlocked her door to go down and meet him.

"Kagome!" Hojo was still there, staring at her in her nightgown, mouth hanging open, and she thought that she would snap again. He held the same suspicions apparently, as he kept his distance and tried to edge closer without letting her notice. Inu chose that moment to come barging in, staring wide-eyed at her. She flung herself at him, almost knocking him down as she began crying again, sobbing into his clothes. He gave Hojo a frown and more or less picked her up and carried her back to her room. He closed the door silently behind them with his foot before settling himself on the bed with her still in his arms.

"What did he do this time?" The voice was so cold that she flinched. He hugged her closer, feeling her shaking against him as she huddled in on herself, sniffling. He knew his brother, the bastard would destroy anyone who got in his way, not caring about what happened to them.

"He… He knew about the… the… bet… and… and… I went o-over… to his… office… and… and…" He could figure out the rest, but not why she was crying like this.

"What did he do?" He tried to soften his voice as he asked her again, apparently failing as she flinched again.

"He… He m-more or l-less… told me that it was a part of the bet… That… That I was doing it to… win… And I felt so… so… cheap… Like a… w-whore…" Which I am, I suppose…

"No… You're not a whore… I promise…" He kissed the top of her head, feeling her shaking again. He rocked her gently in his arms, back and forth to calm her down. She was sniffling slightly, but a little calmer again.

"I… I picked up the razor… in the shower…" Her words made him freeze, and he tilted her face upwards to him, the grip under her chin gentle but firm enough for her to know that he would get his will through if she tried balking.

"You didn't… Please say that you didn't do it…" He suddenly grabbed her wrists, looking for the marks.

"I… I didn't… I… I… couldn't… I wanted to, but… I couldn't…" He hugged her closer again, rocking her in the same slow way, feeling her relaxing in his arms. She closed her eyes, leaning her head on his shoulder, her own hands in her lap, not moving beyond an occassional twitch. Her feet rocked forward in the same pace as he held, and he pulled her up closer, trying to get her to warm them under her cover. His mind was working overtime. He knew that she had used to cut herself when she was in pain, but it had been a long time since last time she had done that. She had promised him not to do it again after he had found out, and she was going to keep that promise, at least. She sniffled again, the sound so pathetic and lonely that he felt the anger returning tenfold again. The fucking bastard! He was going to kill him when he could get his hands on him again for doing this to her! As if you didn't have anything to do with it in the first place, either… She'll probably blame you, and has every right to! Inu, you fucking idiot! It's all your fault!

Suddenly, the door opened and her mom and Hojo was standing there in the first row, Souta and her grandfather in the next, all of them silent. Neither of them spoke as he signaled for them to leave. They stared at him for another moment before obliging, her mom a little sterner than what was necessary at him before closing the door.

Her even breaths told him that she was asleep now, and he considered laying her down on the bed, but as he began to move, her eyes shot open, red and swollen.

"Stay with me… Please, Inu, I… I don't want to be alone right now… I'm… I'm afraid that I'll go back for the razor again…" The words brought another set of tears in her eyes, and he brushed them away even as they fell.

"I'll stay with you, I promise…" He let her down on the bed, watching how she slowly crawled under the covers again before lying down beside her with the soft cloth between them. He grabbed her blanket from the foot of the bed, and swept it over himself as she nuzzled closer to him, finally calm again. An occassional sob broke the heavy silence around them, and every time it did, he stroke her hair gently.

As she finally fell asleep, he lay there watching her. What have I done? Why did I have to say anything like that in the first place? I knew that she wouldn't back down, and still I did something like that…

"I'm so sorry, Kagome… I truly am… Please, don't hate me, I couldn't stand that… You mean so much to me…" He whispered the words, knowing that she couldn't hear them, but momentarily easing the heavy guilt inside. He leaned forward and placed a kiss on her cheek and was startled as she opened her eyes, still heavy with pain.

"I'm never going to hate you, Inu… No matter what you do…" Another tear fell from her eye, and he dried it off, stroking her cheek in the process. She edged closer to him again, almost with her head in his arms. It felt so good laying there, knowing that he would watch over her as she slept. She closed her eyes and sighed, trying to ease the pain inside, but failing rather miserably.

He watched her frown again, half asleep, and stroke her hair again, not stopping until her breaths were even and not broken by sobs anymore. Then he turned over on his back, watching the roof and nursing his fury until he could get his hands on the bastard that was his brother.

*****

Phew! Looooong chapter again, and really, really hard to write! Finding music to write too (the radio got the honor again… J ), and then trying to make things work out… I just hope that no one wants to kill Sess right now, because I have some plans for him yet… *evil chuckle*

Anyway, I just want to say THANK YOU for all the reviews and e-mails you sent me! They mean the world to me right now!!! *HUGE grin*

Probably a lot of grammar/spelling in this one (once again, it's about 9 a.m. as I'm writing the last… I'm like a shark - I don't sleep… Right now, anyway. Other periods, I'm like one of those whatever-they're-called that sleeps 20 hours a day… Just hope that I'm not going into one of those before I'm finished here… *smug grin*) but I'll fix it when I wake up again, ok?

The second part of this chapter is dedicated to all of those friends out there, the ones that helps you go on… Inu's and Kag's feelings and conversation are largely based on my own (no, I was NOT in the same situation), and I can tell you that without Him, you wouldn't be sitting here reading this today… He saved my life that night, and I'm not kidding…

And to Annie who sent me an e-mail… For some reason, your e-mailaddress didn't work, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your words!

Till next!
Jenny
(The Mighty MiniMorr)

2002-12-01 - just a minor change here and there… J