InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Binding Of Lonely Hearts ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Binding Of Lonely Hearts
By: AngelAnita
Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha, or any of the characters from Inu Yasha. Although, having Sesshomaru for a little while wouldn't harm me.
XxXxXx
Quick Author's Note:
I AM VERY AWARE that the original plot and storyline of Inu Yasha has been greatly changed in this chapter, and in many chapters to come. I have made things this way purposely. If you don't like it, then don't read it.
 XxXxXx
 Chapter 5Review...
Kagome closed her eyes, finally accepting that she was going to die, and forced a gentle smile. Then, just as expected, her back collided with something hard, and she fell into an inky darkness
XxXxXx
Chapter 6

Inu Yasha looked down at the girl in his arms, and wondered why he had saved her. He had seen her falling, watching her body cringingly smash against the tree branches. For some reason, he didn't find it sickly amusing or even interesting; he had felt sadness and even winced as he heard her precious arm crack as it broke.

He
'd probably saved her life because she had freed him from the tree. If there were any other reasons as to why he'd saved her, it could have been because she didn't look like any of the humans he had seen in his lifetime, and he was curious. Inu Yasha kept telling himself the reason he saved her was to pay back to the favour, and not because of his curiosity.

`She's making me go soft. I should just leave her here and get away before she becomes conscious again.'
As he lay her down on the ground, he noticed the happy expression on her face. He wondered how she could smile at such a time as this, when she must have been in such unbearable pain.

`Perhaps she had accepted death.'
It was, to say the least, a depressing thought. Few creatures on the earth wanted to die, and for this bizarre onna to be so accepting of deathall he could say was that he needed to find out why. The curiosity would kill him if he couldn't find out.

Inu Yasha proceeded to pick her up off of the floor, and brought her to a nearby field. There were parts of the tree all over her body; leaves, wood chips, and wooden splinters pierced her skin almost everywhere possible. She was bleedin
g, and just the back of her legs were completely bruised up. He could only imagine what her back looked like after having such a vicious fall, for it was guaranteed to be a lot worse than her already sickening coloured legs.

The scent of blood was strong, and he flipped her on her stomach to find out its source. The reddish blood flowed from the back of her head like as if
she had been stabbed in the head.

In all honesty, he had no idea what to do. If he didn't stop the blood flow, she would die, without a doubt in his mind.

`I don'tsee why Iwant her to live so badly, but here goes'
For the first time, he took off his red firerat and lay her down on top of it. Then, he took the sleeve of the haori and gently applied pressure to her head.

`She's beautiful, for a human. I wonder what her name is…'

Inu Yasha stopped and nearly choked. Consciously, he got up and began to pace back and fourth, keeping close to her body as her head lay against the firerat.

`Do I really want to mess up my life againwith anotherhuman, just like Idid with Kikyoufifty years ago?'

Inu Yasha stopped cold and decided that he didn't want to go down that road again.
`As long as Istay guarded, and don'tsay anything stupid, she won't like me, and we won't have any problems.'

He paused his train of thought and blanched.

`Why am Ithinking like she will be staying with me after this? She's gone as soon as she can walk!'

The thought of her leaving his side was depressing. He liked her fiery spirit, and the way she used it against him. It was rare that a human would stand their guard against any demon, whether it be half or full. She had been fearless, and this was why she was different.

Inu Yasha sat down beside her once more and traced the plains of her face
, cautiously making sure not to scratch her with his talons. Her skin underneath all the cuts and gashes was probably silky soft, and he could bet her raven black hair was too when it wasn't in this state. He had remembered her determined set, cerulean blue eyes when she was telling him he could free himself from the tree.

She really was stunning.

Sn
apping out of his reverie, he could see she needed to be cleaned up. Deciding that he wouldn't be the right one to do it, he knew of a certain villager that might be able to aid her. Although he had never spoken more than a few words to her, he knew she was the village healer.

Inu Yasha
had seen her on several occasions outside her little hut picking herbs for healing properties and using them to cure severe poisons, flues, and other sicknesses.

Once, a long time ago, she offered to help him after a battle
with his half brother when he was bleeding severely. He shrugged off her help, telling her he didn't need it because he was a demon and would heal quickly. She insisted, and he had eventually given in. The tingling feeling from the herbs was what let him know that he was healing faster then before. Afterwards, he offered his thanks, bid her farewell, and left.

That was the first time they had met.

Thinking back, the name finally clicked. Kaede. She was a kind old woman, and he had
probably never met a human that had hated her.

This was the woman the mysterious girl needed.


Looking over at her, his eyes widened at the sight. Her body was glowing in pink rays, and her wounds were slowly, but steadily healing.

A.a miko?But how can this be?

Inu Yasha was afraid to approach her. Mikos were the purifiers of demons, and if she were to use that power against him, depending on her level of strength, she could very easily kill him.

The wound on her head isn'thealing as quickly as it needs to. I have to try…Iowe it to her.

Walking over to her unconscious form, he inhaled deeply to calm his raging soul. His head told him not to touch her, while his heart said she needed to be saved. Closing his eyes, he picked her up and breathed a sigh of relief when he didn't feel any pain.

Not wasting another second, Inu Yasha raced off to the village as quickly as he could. She needed his help, whether her stubborn self wanted it or not.
XxXxXx

At The Village


He had finally made it to Kaede's hut, and didn't bother knocking before entering. Kaede looked up from inside the little space to see Inu Yasha looming with something in his arms from the doorway. She couldn't tell what it was, but she could see the blood dropping from it. The only thing she knew was that it was a human, and needed help.

Come in, Inu Yasha. What have you bought myself? Does this wee girl need help?”

Upon closer inspection, it wasn't a little girl at all. In fact, she was maturing, and must have been in her late teens. A perfect age for marriage in her era, but that was besides the point.

Who is she, and how did she come into ye possession? Did ye cause her this harm?”

Inu Yasha quickly shook his head in defense, and explained to her what had happened. The elderly miko merely nodded her head at the grim
story, and motioned for him to put her down on the blanket which rested on the ground.

If ye could kindly leave, I'll take care of her now. She will be safe under my wing, I promise ye this.

Inu Yasha looked as though he
didn't trust her, but turned around and waited outside.

After what seemed like an eternity, Kaede poked her head out of the hut and began to tell him of her condition.

Her left arm has snapped, and all I could do was tie it with a piece of strong cloth, in hopes that it will re-mend itself over time. I have cleansed her body using my purity herbs to prevent infection, and then covered her body in a thick layering of salve to speed her healing. As you already know, her miko powers are automatically healing her in hopes to protect herself from more danger. The salve will only enhance her healing time.

The girl also has several bruises all over her body, and her back is a complete mess of blue and purple. When she eventually wakes up,
I'm sure she will have trouble breathing from all the pain. You must support her, and not let her fall unconscious again. She is very lucky to have sustained such minor injuries; this fall would have killed other humans easily.

Inu Yasha gulped, and managed a ghost of a smile.

I knew she was a fighter right from the start. All she needs is time. Time will heal all wounds

To be honest, he wished he could say the same about him and Kikyou's pervious “relationship”, because something told him no matter what, he would never forget the way she had hurt him.

Pushing the depressing thoughts aside, he went and lay down beside her on the ground. Sighing, he took her right hand in his and held it assuringly. Closing his tired eyes, he drifted off to sleep with only one thought on his mind: things would be all right.

XxXxXx

Thank you for reading and reviewing.