InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Amends ( Chapter 20 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the dragon ~<>~

 

~<>~Chapter 20 ~<>~ amends

 

InuYasha opened his eyes hazily to find a gun barrel pressed against the center of his forehead. He swallowed a dry lump, his body screaming in pain. He tried to talk…to call for help, but couldn't manage to cough out a syllable, let alone a plea. His eyes slowly traveled up the body in front of him and he mentally cursed. Diegosan stood staring down at the hanyou who was being held up by two henchmen. He groaned and stared at Diegosan, slightly swaying back and forth on his knees. He took in his surroundings slowly; a cold cement floor…a wide opening behind them. he knew they had to be in some mafia like warehouse. `…a body dump,' he thought coldly. He wanted to scream at the guy…he wanted to lash out and take down Diegosan, but he couldn't feel his legs. `fuckin tazers,' he thought bitterly as he stared into the double barreled hollow tubes.

Diegosan cocked the gun and glared down at the offensive hanyou in front of him. He gave the boy a small smile before putting his finger on the trigger. "you piece of shit…you thought you could touch my son and go unpunished? You thought you could come in here and finish him off?" he removed his finger from the trigger and flipped the fun in his hands, so he was holding it by the barrels. With a sneer, Diegosan lashed out, striking InuYasha in the right cheek with the handle, leaving a nasty gash in the hanyou's face.

InuYasha turned his head with the painful blow. he felt his jaw nearly crack under the intense explosion of pain. Grinding his teeth together, he turned his head back to glare at Diegosan. He knew that the man meant to kill him…he knew he was as good as dead. He fought to keep conscious, the injuries he received earlier were screaming in agony and begging him to close his eyes and surrender. `Kagome…god, Sesshoumaru, get them out of here, please.' He stared up at the demon above him, ready to look death in its eyes. `I will not look away…if he is going to kill me, let him. I won't back down…'

Diegosan grabbed the handle of the gun and aimed the barrels at the hanyou's head. "don't worry, you little shit, your brother won't be far behind you on this fait. He'll be dead by morning." He sneered as he saw the brooding hatred in the boy's eyes. "I'll make good use of those whores you hang around with, don't worry. Anyone you had interaction with, InuYasha, will die, you can count on it. Enjoy hell!" he put his finger on the trigger and InuYasha braced he.

The following events InuYasha could hardly understand from his state of being. A ball of red flames shot by his face hitting the man on his left side. Another similar ball of flames connected with Diegosan right, as he was about to pull the trigger. Instead, he dropped the gun, which went off, shooting the man on Inuyasha's right side in the kneecap. Diegosan dropped to the floor, his suit coat ablaze in angry flames, screaming bloody murder. He began tossing himself around the floor trying to put out the fire. He heard something that sounded like the metal click of a hollow chamber then heard a thunderous snap of metal skidding through the barrel of a gun. He felt the breeze of a bullet pass by his cheek and borrow itself into Diegosan who was a few feet from him. he heard the sickening snapping of bone and tearing of muscle as the bullet wound its way through the man's torso. Another fireball shot by Inuyasha's head and hit the man who had been shot in the knee who was trying to stand up, grasping for the fallen gun. InuYasha felt an arm shooting under his shoulders and pulling him to his feet. He felt another arm secure him on the other side and felt himself being dragged away. He could hear the screaming howls of the men behind him who were left in the angry fire that now consumed the warehouse. Sunlight hit his eyes as he heard muffled voices calling to each other…calling to him. his felt his eyes pull themselves closed as he slumped once again into the unconscious realm of darkness.

 

~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~~*

Miroku and Kagome were almost at Abyss when two fire trucks blew by their car. The two exchanged worried glances as he sped up to follow the trucks. Miroku slammed the car to a stop as the scene before them played out in front of their eyes. Abyss was engulfed in an arry of angry orange flames that shot up twenty stories high from the small building. Miroku threw the car into park and shoved open his door. The roar of the fire was horrendous and nearly deafened the two. "InuYasha!" Miroku tried to scream over the burning but his voice was lost within the fire's fury. He glared back at Kagome who seemed to be frozen to her seat. "stay here!" he ran from the car and towards the fire. He had to save his friend. He stopped thirty feet from the building, glaring about for a way in. flames shot from every corner of the building in every direction. `if he's in there…' Miroku stumbled backwards when a blue flame shot its way out the front door, consuming the canopy that lined the club. "InuYasha…"

Kagome's eyes were frozen on the scene before her. The club was ablaze and it was possible that InuYasha had been inside. She felt tears pull at the corners of her eyes as she stared on in disbelief. "Inu…Yasha?" she watched Miroku approach the club and wanted to scream to him…wanted to call him back. She gasped when he fell backwards as the flames shot out of the club door and sighed in relief when he started back to the car. `if he was in there…' a tear slid down her cheek as she gaped at the building. `no…please god no. he can't have been in there, he just couldn't have been!' she placed both of her hands on the dashboard, gripping it for dear life. `please, please don't let him have been in there. He can't die…he can't…'

Miroku slowly got into the car, his face a black slate. He stared at the building for a moment, before putting the car into gear and backing up. "we need to get away before the other buildings go up or they try to pin this on us."

Kagome gasped and turned to look at Miroku. His voice was so emotionless…so cold. She saw the pain etched across his face…she felt it in her heart. The two drove down the road in a thick deadly silence. Kagome tried to say something…she wanted to say something. All that she could muster was a loud sob that pulled at her heart. "no…" she felt the tears beginning to fall like rain down her cheeks and into her lap. She wanted to curl up and die. `I was so mad at him….i was so mad. But now…now I'll never get to…' she pounded her fist into the black leather dashboard and let out another sob.

Miroku stared at the girl next to him and closed his eyes for a second. He slammed on the break and threw his head against the head rest. "maybe…maybe he wasn't there…maybe he got out in time." he was trying to comfort the girl as well as himself but he knew different. He felt different. Something told him InuYasha had been there…that InuYasha was still there. Something screamed deep from within his soul that his best friend was dead.

Something hit the roof of Miroku's car and made both the inhabitants jump. Miroku was out of the car in a flash, staring at his roof. Kagome glanced over and her eyes widened. A brick laid on top of the car, leaving a dent in the beautiful finish of his car. Miroku turned ten shades of pissed off red as he stared at the offensive object. Kagome got out of her side, turning to stare at the object. "we're to far away for this to be debris…"

Miroku glared at the girl, anger consuming him. he shook his head slowly, his lips in a very thin line. He was so angry he didn't know what to say. He glared up into the sky and froze. "Kagome…"

Kagome stared at Miroku then turned and stared up. at the top of an older building someone was glaring down at the two…someone who she sort of recognized. "is that…Karron?"

Miroku jumped into the car in a second. "Kagome, get in now." Kagome followed, a little dazed, and Miroku put the car into drive, bringing it into an alley that was between the two buildings from which the brick had been thrown. Miroku parked the car and slid out from its leather seats. He walked around and helped Kagome out of the car and grabbed her hand. "son of a bitch….why didn't I think of this." Kagome raised an eyebrow as he tightened his hold on her hand, dragging her up to a metal gate. He pounded on the gate with his fist, his mind spinning through possible scenarios.

A gruff voice called from the other side, "what the fuck do you want?"

Miroku sighed and called back, "let me in Surron, I need to see Karron."

The metal gate made a grinding clicking sound and the gate swung open, letting the two outsiders in. walking down the narrow pathway, they came to an iron door. Miroku pushed against it will all of his weight and it shifted inwards. Kagome followed in awe. The door opened slowly into what once must have been a warehouse. Now it seemed to Kagome to be a fun house of mirth. Skate ramps were the first thing she saw, along with two giant half pikes that nearly reached the ceiling. Pool tables, ping-pong tables and foosball tables lined the dimly lit surroundings which kids were gathered around in excitement. A giant plasma television was at the far side with many different couches of various materials surrounding it. There had to be over a hundred kids loitering the area, some skating around the vicinity while others sat watching what looked like music videos. Kagome turned in wonder and nearly ran into a rather overly large boy. She pulled back and stared up and gasped.

Miroku turned to his left and found the door guard, an old acquaintance of Miroku's from his freshman year, Surron, staring at him his hands planted firmly on his hips. The boy was obese…standing almost seven feet tall, the boy had to weight almost three hundred plus pounds. He had shaggy black hair that hung greasily in his eyes, which were a brilliant shade of orange. Miroku, however, was not pleased to see the man. "Surron…where's Karron?"

Surron narrowed his eyes, avoiding the boys question. Sure, he knew Miroku from his visits to the safe house over the past two years. He really got to know Miroku, though, his repeated senior year when Miroku started at the school. Miroku was an outcast, much like Surron. They clicked and came up with a joint idea to open a place where everyone could hang out. Even when Miroku strayed away from the idea, it kept Surron's attention and he had done just that. He opened a place for runaways and troubled teens. It wasn't a safe house for words; it was more of a hideout. There were few rules, only focusing on no violence indoors and no lewd sexual acts. His gaze drifted from Miroku to Kagome as he slowly eyed the girl up and down, judging her. he gave the boy a sneer, "See you brought a friend with you…" he glared daggers at the girl, as if he had a personal vendetta against her. Though his words were directed at Miroku, he continued to leer at Kagome. "I don't think she exactly fits in with the crowd, Miroku."

Miroku sighed and stormed past the doorman. "I don't have time to explain myself Surron. I'm looking for my friend…he was at Abyss before it went up in flames. I need to know if he's…" Miroku sighed and shook his head slowly.

Surron gave Miroku a small knowing smile. "You talking about the silver haired fowl mouthed kid? He's upstairs with Karron…he's banged up pretty bad though."

Kagome's eyes shot straight to the giant in front of her. Hope tugged at the back of her mind, acknowledging the dim rationalization that there might be some left. "You mean he's alive?"

Surron glared down at Kagome, his black hair clouting his eyes. "Yeah, for now. Like I said, Diegosan really gave him the nasty one two if you know what I mean. Don't worry…. we took care of that fucker." He gave Kagome a sarcastic smile before letting his eyes drift back to Miroku.

Miroku paused in his step, turning to glare at the boy. His brows creased in worry. "You didn't…"

Surron flicked a smile at Miroku, "the bastard has had it coming for a long time. Only took one shot…" Surron pointed his index finger at Kagome and tapped his thumb against the skin, imitating a gun, "…bang…and down he went. Diegosan won't be blackmailing my old man, nor anyone anymore."

Kagome gasped and took an involuntary step back from the boy. Every gut feeling that screamed in her ears told her to run, to get away from these people. If he had killed Diegosan…did that mean Naraku was dead as well? If not…what kind of wrath and retribution would to demon carry towards the hanyou and his friends? What had she gotten herself into? "You…you…"

A very snide voice called from behind the three, "…Did what was necessary to save your hanyou."

The three turned around to find Karron leaning against the door. She had on a deep purple hoodie, the hood lying against her back, and a pair of tight fitting black pants. She swayed up to Miroku and brought a hand up to his face. Miroku swallowed hard as the panther diva ran her claws over his cheek lightly, leaving very faint scratches. Miroku tried hard not to winch…he and Karron had a small past together, nothing substantial…nothing that had hurt him to walk away from. They had a fling…it didn't work out…. she wanted more; he wanted less…they left it on good terms. Sure, they had stayed friends, but it was the kind of friendship where they did not touch each other or come within five feet of each other. It just wasn't safe. Besides, he had heard rumors that Karron had taken a strong liking to Souta…though he would die before he ever told Kagome that news. "Karron…did you…"

Karron shrugged and pulled away, giving a glowering stare at Kagome before turning back to Miroku. "Fuck if I know…all I know is that they were down when the fire appeared." Karron gave Miroku a small smirk. "I told you a long time ago that Naraku was going to fall. I just needed someone to take out one of the Onigumos…we took out the other."

Miroku gasped and held up a hand, palm out. "Are you telling me that you killed Diegosan? That he was in the fire?"

Surron gave Miroku an all-knowing smile. "We're not saying anything…just that he won't be bothering us anymore."

Miroku heard Kagome gasp and pressed on. "So…you shot him?"

Surron looked slightly startled then gave a heartfelt laugh. "No, I did not shoot him…"

Kagome shook her head, refusing to listen to these people talk about murder any longer. She didn't want any part in it…she just wanted her life back, her friends back. Unfortunately, that also meant that she wanted the jerk back. `He might be a baka but he's a good guy deep down…maybe that's why I'm…. no, Kagome, don't say it; don't bring back up that argument. He's a baka, a jerk and a pig!' she sighed and met Karron's stare. "Where's InuYasha?"

Karron very slowly turned to stare at the girl with a deep loathing looming about here eyes. She nearly growled at the girl but stopped herself. Instead, she snidely answered, "Don't get your panties in a bunch, sweetheart, your hanyou's fine. He's resting…"

Kagome narrowed her eyes and straightened her back, trying to match the defiant gaze of the girl in front of her. "I want to see him…"

Miroku placed a hand on Kagome's shoulder and gave it a small reassuring squeeze. Trying to settle down the cheerleader, he asked Karron blatantly, "Can we speak with him?"

Karron shifted her weight slowly from one foot to the other. "If he weren't one of us, he'd be dead for what he did to Kouga. Aayme wasn't very pleased when she had to get him out of the hospital. He's hurt pretty badly…not as bad as your half-breed but he's still hurt. And it was the half-breeds fault if my information is correct as to how Kouga was injured and for that matter how he ended up with Diegosan." She gave Miroku a small smirk, "but never the less, he's alive."

Miroku sighed and shook his head. "Kouga ran his mouth at the wrong time about the wrong thing…"he glanced at Kagome who had balled her hands into fists. He clicked his tongue against his teeth and looked back at the others. "It's a sore subject…I'm sorry if Aayme is pissed but Kouga had it coming. Let me get InuYasha and I'll be on my way…"

Karron stared hard at Kagome, her eyes nearly piercing Kagome's soul. "So tell me your part in this, Higurashi?" she wanted to hear it from the might Kagome…she wanted to hear Kagome confess that she was in love with the half breed…that she could stoop herself to loving something that was less perfect that she was.

Kagome put her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes. "I don't have to answer to you, Karron. I just want to see InuYasha…"

Karron stared at the girl in confusion that gave way to amusement. "You don't mean to tell me that his line actually worked on you." she laughed callously. "Holy shit, here I mocked him for trying that shit on someone by the likes of you. But it worked…" she narrowed her eyes and her tone gave way to a threat, "you got a really good guy there, Kagome. I hardly know him but know that he's a better person then you are…you should…"

Kagome scoffed at the girl and stared at her. "Better person? Karron, you hardly know InuYasha and you don't know me. You don't know anything about me! you know…"Kagome shook her head slowly, anger building up like flames in her brown eyes, "I'm really starting to get sick of people telling me who I am and what I am. You don't know anything…. Karron…anything about me."

Karron raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "I know more about you then you would ever believe. You live in your own world where everyone loves you. You hold yourself to higher morals then anyone else you know because in your heart you feel that your better then them! You feel you have to prove your better then them! Hell, you won't even let yourself fall into the same category as the other girls you hang out with. You want everyone to want you but no one can have you. You want to be unobtainable yet the apple of every guys eye. You walk through the hallways with that stupid grin on your face acting like you are god's gift to all of us. Your pretty, your get good grades and your captain of the cheerleaders!" she scoffed staring at Kagome. "You desire to be the best at everything and god forbid someone tries to beat you at your own game! You cry at stupid petty shit and turn your face away from serious accusations. You're a bitch…Kagome…that is what you are. I don't need to fuckin know you to know that!"

Kagome stared at the girl in front of her agape. Rage burned in her eyes but she was speechless.

"Can it, Karron. She's not a bitch, you don't even fuckin know her." Kagome turned to see Miroku glaring at the girl, anger radiating off of him. She gently reached out for the boy's arm. "Miroku…its okay…"

Karron narrowed her eyes and coughed out another cold laugh. "Three weeks ago Miroku, you agreed with me! What the fuck changed?"

Miroku sighed and shook his head slightly. "I stopped taking in the general consensus of the school and made my own opinion. You should do the same, Karron. You might see the truth then."

Karron gave him a look of disgust and crossed her arms over her chest. "I saw the truth the first day I started school here. It was like a giant neon glowing sign over her head that screamed, `bitch'. Not once in three years have you or your minions ever stooped to talking to me or any other hood for that matter. Just kept your prissy little noses in the air. I always wondered how fast you would drown if it rained." She snapped back as she closed her eyes and sighed, suddenly turning to glare out the window.

Kagome wanted to cry…she wanted to run from this fight but she wasn't going to. This bitch had some nerve to make such in depth assumptions. "And what about you Karron? Now that you have gone and figured me out, lets put you under the microscope! You hide yourself from the world, waiting for it to give you what you feel you're owed. You strive for nothing yet you yearn for everything. When you don't get it, it is someone else's fault. God forbid you ever do anything wrong…you say I never stooped to talk to you? Did you ever try to talk to me? Did you ever try to smile in my direction? That stupid little grin, Karron, is who I am. I like being me…I like my life, I like my friends, I'm happy. Maybe happy is a word you don't understand, but I am. I worked my way up to where I am now…I went through shit in high school, more so then I'm sure you can dream of. I was considered the slut of the school because of Kikyo…I had guys groping me cause they thought they could. Do you know what its like to nearly get pulled into a bathroom by a guy you never met, intent on one thing? I forced people to see who I really was…I forced them to distinguish me from Kikyo. I made a name for myself…I worked to be cheerleading captain, I worked to get honors, I worked Karron, nothing was handed to me. It's sad, though, that you think other wise. You should look for the facts before you just make assumptions."

Karron stared at the girl for a moment, taken back by her words. She crossed her arms and muttered, "whatever, bitch, just go see your fuckin hanyou."

Kagome shook her head again and turned to grab Miroku's arm. "come on…lets get InuYasha and get out."

Miroku was slightly in shock from Kagome's defense. He gave her an earnest smile and nodded following behind her. "Karron, if you would show us…"

Karron scoffed again and took the lead muttering up the stairwell.

Feeling like a salmon going up stream, the three pushed their way through the crowded steps. `This is worse then school, could these steps be any narrower?'' Kagome thought as she roughly bumped into a boy in a black sweatshirt. She nearly stopped mid step as she glared back over her shoulder at the boy who she hit. Her mouth dropped slightly as her brows creased. `Was that….' she shook her head, suddenly feeling rather feverish and sweaty. The simple thought of that being who she thought it was made her head spin. `No, there is no way. Souta would never be here…he would never be involved with such a people.' She took one more glance over her shoulder but found the figure of the boy gone in the crowd. She swallowed hard and made a mental note to talk to Souta later. She let out a deep sigh as she ran to catch up with the others.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sesshoumaru cocked open an eye to find Rin lying by his side, her arms draped over him. He smiled for the first time in a long time as he gently laid his lips on the top of her head. `How has she managed to enrapture me so? It was so easy claiming to follow her around to protect her…but who is going to protect her from me?' he grinned as he felt her move against him, shifting her weight. Her eyes fluttered open and he shut his, interested to see what she was going to do. She pulled her arm back and slightly gasped, which sent Sesshoumaru into a whirl of fear. `Is she ashamed to be here with me like this…is she regretful over this?' he held his breath and awaited her reaction.

Rin gently reached out and caressed his cheek with two fingers, delicately tracing his jawbone. "Sesshoumaru?" He wanted to answer, his body called for him to answer, but he was too befuddled by her actions to say anything. He wanted to get to know and understand this girls working. He wanted to know how she thought and what went through her beautiful mind. When he thought about it, he really didn't know much about Rin except for the burning fact that he wanted her…he wanted her badly. He felt her sit up and slightly stretch. He heard her gasp and call out to no one, "wow…eleven PM…I wonder if the others are here yet." He frowned as he felt the bed shift with her getting off of the mattress and heard her slowly moving around the room. He heard his closet open and creased his brow in confusion. `What is she looking for?' He heard her then mutter after a moment, "where do they keep the towels?"

Rin felt dirty…Since Naraku laid a hand on her in the library, she had such a tainted feeling of filth swirling about her body. She would have been home, had it been a normal encounter, and jumped into a streaming hot shower that would have scolded her skin and forced her to feel revived…cleansed her for the time being. But she needed to be by Sesshoumaru's side…she needed to be with him while he healed. She was pretty sure he was going to be okay. When she woken up he had been smiling…it was the first time she saw such a blissful look on the demons face and something tugged at her essence to want to see that everyday on his face. She sighed as she quietly walked out of the room and gently closed the door behind her. Rin walked into the bathroom and found the towels in the linen closet. Sighing, she closed the door and turned on the hot water. She let it warm up as she peeled off her jeans and tee shirt. `I hope Sesshoumaru isn't mad at me for what happened…we shouldn't have argued. I should have stayed by him. A guy who looks that good can't be wrong…not Sesshoumaru, he would never lead me astray. I hardly know the guy but I know that much. I know that he means the best. Kagome and the others…they say he's heartless; InuYasha continuously calls him a bastard. Like Yash has a place to talk?' she peeled off her black thong and her matching black bra and threw it into the pile of cloths that was accumulating on the floor. She stepped into the hot water and gasped slightly, and winched in pain. Eventually her body relaxed in the steaming stream of water and she rested her head against the marble tile. She groaned as she felt a very familiar sensation building inside of her. Lust. She wanted Sesshoumaru so bad she could taste it. She had felt that way from the first time she found herself lost in those golden orbs of his. So defiant, so strong…he was everything she wanted and everything she had always been berated. He was comforting for her to be around, a soothing influence on her stressful life. Even in the darkest of hours, she could ease her pain with the thought of his handsome face. She sighed as her loins burst into a heated desire. It was such a burning passion that it shook her to her core. She could have relieved herself of the lust…of the raw need. But it wouldn't have done any good…her hand was not what she wanted to feel…she wanted him. She needed Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru stood slowly from his bed, grimacing in pain. He glared down at his half naked body and frowned. His shirt had been removed and he was in the pair of blue jeans he had worn to school. Dried blood covered his chest and small, nearly invisible scratches laid long healed beneath the coating of crimson. `I must have been hurt bad to have bled like this.' He glared over his shoulder at the bed sheets and frowned. The white Egyptian cotton was now soaked with blood in various parts. Sighing, he made a mental note to change them later. Interested to know what happened to his brother, Sesshoumaru painfully made his way into the hallway. Of course the thought of following Rin played heavily in his mind but he suppressed that feeling. `She's healing…it's the last thing I need to do is to hurt her more then she has been.' That's when it hit him. A scent of desire…a primal need calling to him, seeping into his soul. It was a plea begging for him, wanting him. His head shot towards the bathroom door and his mouth went dry. `Rin?' he sniffed the air of the house, trying to overcome the scent that stiffened his groin… he tried to smell if his brother was indeed home or not. His eyes clouded over, engulfing him in the intoxicating scent that called to him, and gave up on his quest of knowledge. He needed to get to Rin…he needed to be with her…to be in her. He opened the door slowly, praying he was not mistaken. Steam bellowed out of the room and Sesshoumaru fought back the urge to cough. He pushed forward into the room and walked to the sink, which was a little south of the marble bathtub. Runner lights lined the ceiling and the entire bathroom was made of a light red/beige marble. It had an antique legacy about it…something that made Sesshoumaru marvel about. The bathtub was covered by three shower curtains; one on the inside of the tub which was a sheer plastic to keep the water inside, the second was a satin cloth that kept to the outside for looks and the third were beige drapes that hung majestically to the sides of the tub, never being moved. He leaned in to the sink and pulled out a washcloth from the small rack that was above the sink holding small towels. `No, I'm not mistaken…' he inhaled deeply as he turned on the warm water and grinned as he heard the girl from inside the shower call out in shock. `she is calling to me…her body is calling to me.'

Rin froze as she heard the door open. Her body was screaming at her at this point but she just stood staring blankly at the wall under the hot stream of water. But now…now he was in the room with her. She didn't know how she knew it was him but she knew. Something told her that the presence she felt was Sesshoumaru. `Does he know?' she thought with sudden shock. `Can he smell it through this shower?' she felt her cheeks turn bright red as she began to panic. That's when her water turned ice cold for just a moment. She let out a loud whimper as the water splashed on her body, rejuvenating her slightly. She growled slightly and clenched her fists. `That jerk…he knows I'm in here.' She narrowed her eyes as a grin slipped onto her lips. `What game is he playing?'

Sesshoumaru turned off his water and ran the cloth over his chest, wiping off the spilt blood. He got off most of the blood and threw the now crimson cloth back into the sink, glowering at it as if it had offended him. He grinned as he heard Rin gasp and chuckled as he heard what sounded like a low growl echo from the shower curtain.

A rather playfully annoyed voice called out to him, "Don't you knock?"

Sesshoumaru smiled slightly at the tone of her voice. He walked towards the tub and stood in front of it. He sniffed the air delicately, her scent driving him to the peak of his patience. "Don't you lock your doors?"

Rin popped her head around the glare at the demon with the best attempt of a stern reprimanding look. `Oh god, he needs to go before I do something we'll both regret!' she struggled with an answer for a moment. "You had to have known I was in here! Now go on and get out so I can finish up and get out of the shower."

Sesshoumaru stared at the girl for a moment, reading her expression. She was afraid…she was afraid of what was going to happen. At first he thought she feared him and hurt worse then the wounds that plagued his body. Slowly he realized that she was afraid of the two of them ending in this compromising position. He crossed his arms and tilted his head. "No."

Rin stared at the demon for a moment, watching the grin twist about his lips. `kami…he knows.' She nearly smacked herself mentally as she pulled back into the shower, pressing her forehead against the marble. `He can smell me…he can smell my…arousal.' She closed her eyes and sighed. `He knows and he isn't leaving.' a small grin pulled to Rin's lips as a plan slowly formed in her mind. `He knows that I want him and he's still here, which means….' She took a deep breath and let out decently loud sob. She had faked tears for a few years now, though it had once been one of her best talents. It worked well on her father when he was home and it was how she got a car worth more then half the homes in Tokyo. It was how she was going to get her mate.

Sesshoumaru grinned as the girl pulled herself back into the shower. `She is toying with me…she knows what demons are capable of. Why try to hide it?' he sighed and slowly dropped his arms to his sides. `She can't be ready for this…she was…' he cursed himself mentally and shook his head slowly. `I'm such a fool…Rin can't be ready for this and I'm exploiting her!' suddenly a very deep self loathing foamed in his mouth and coursed through his blood. `What the hell was I thinking? I've been around that baka brother of mine to long!' holding up both hands, he began to move away from the tub until her sob fell upon his ears. His eyes opened wide and he moved towards the tub with alarming speed. "Rin?" he stood next behind the curtain of the shower, trying to figure out why she was suddenly crying. `Kami, what have I done?' His voice softened in its tone as he called out again, "Rin?"

A hand shot out from the shower and wrapped around his wrist. He stared at it for a moment before being suddenly pulled into the shower. With a grunt, he stumbled forward, "huh? What the…" he staggered into the shower, managing to catch himself before he fell forward into the marble. He turned to find Rin, still holding his hand, completely naked staring up at him. He felt red twinge at his cheeks as he met her glare, his filled with confusion. `What…' he was dumbfounded as he stared at the beauty in front of him. He let out a very slow and controlled sigh, as his heart beat increased. He tired to focus on here eyes and not let his wander…he tried.

Rin let go of his hand slowly, and then wrapped both of her arms around his waist. "Sesshoumaru…." She laid her head on his chest, nuzzling herself into his naked skin.

Sesshoumaru gulped slightly as he stared down at her. He was still in his jeans, which were now soaking wet. He let out a very long breath and stared down at the girl. "Rin?" he licked his lips and gently placed a hand on her chin, tilting her head up to face him. He stood almost a foot taller then the girl as he gazed into her eyes. The two's gazes connected and it was electrifying. Sesshoumaru leaned down slowly, never wavering his stare from her eyes. He placed his lips upon hers and gently kissed her, savoring the taste with each movement. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her tightly against his chest, trying his best to keep his urges in check. He wanted to throw her up against the wall and claim her…he wanted to have her screaming his name in ecstasy. But first, he wanted to know what she wanted. He pulled away from the girl slowly, trying his best to read her facial expressions. "Rin…"

Rin opened her eyes as the demon pulled away from her. She let out a staggered breath and slowly licked her lips, reeling in the taste of him. She stared up at Sesshoumaru, passion burning in her eyes. "Please, Sesshoumaru…"

Sesshoumaru felt himself smile as he tightened his grasp on the girl's shoulders. He slid his hands down to the middle of her back, pulling him harder against him. She gasped as she realized how pressed up against him she was…as she felt him through his constricting jeans. He leaned down and kissed her again, this time more fiercely. Pouring himself into her lips, he crushed his lips upon her own. He traced her lips with his tongue, begging to access to her mouth…to her soul. She willingly obliged. Sesshoumaru tightened his grip as he let his tongue dance around the inside of her mouth, tasting all that she was. He groaned as she returned the gesture. Fighting an endless battle, Sesshoumaru grunted as she began pulling at the buttons of his jeans. Caught in the moment, he deepened the kiss as he shifted one hand from her back to directly under her butt. With the strength that he had replenished since his last battle, he lifted the girl from the floor and turned towards the wall. He pressed her back to the shower's marbled tile and held her there, savoring the moment.

Rin gasped as she felt him press her against the wall, which only increased her arousal. She let out a small triumphant giggle as she managed to undo the evil button that locked his jeans in place and slowly brought down the small metal zipper. She heard him let out a soft moan as her hand brushed up against him. She wrapped her arms under his and tightly locked them around his back. "Take me…please."

Sesshoumaru held Rin with the hand that he planted under her and quickly discarded his pants and boxers in one swift movement. He leaned in and kissed her harder, shuddering against her. She was so close…and so…naked. He ran his free hand through her hair and pulled her head against his as he kissed her. He let out a gasp as he felt Rin's hand slide from his back down his chest, tracing all of his defined muscles and abs. his eyes widened as she landed her hand on his shaft, gently beginning to stroke him. He kissed her again then gently lowered her to the ground. "Rin…" he hated himself…he didn't want to do this but…gently, he placed his hand over hers and removed her hand from him. She glared up at him, her eyes wide with dancing emotions. He reached over the girl's head and turned off the water. With a sigh, he dropped to his knees in front of her, taking both of her hands in one of his. His eyes met hers and demanded her attention. "Rin, I want to make sure your ready for this…I don't want you to feel…forced."

Rin gazed into the demons eyes. At first she though he had rejected her, and her heart nearly stopped at the thought. But as his calming words washed over her, she felt all of her fears fly out the window. Dropping to her knees in front of the demon, she threw her arms around him and crashed her head into his chest. "Sesshoumaru, I've never wanted anything more in my life then I do you right now. I can't explain it, Sessh…I've never felt this way before. Ever. Its like I feel when I'm with you that I'm a normal girl…that I can be happy and giddy because you'll always be there to protect me, to catch me if I fall…to kiss away my pain. Being in your arms…I'm…whole." Tears singed the girl's cheeks as she stared into his eyes. `Damnit, Rin, don't cry…not yet.' She offered a small smile, "it's been a long time since I've felt whole."

Sesshoumaru leaned forward and kissed away her tears, nuzzling his nose against her cheeks. He kissed her forehead and embraced the girl in his arms. "I know how you feel Rin…I've never felt this way about anyone either. To see you hurting Rin…it destroys me piece by piece. I'll fight for you until I die! Do you hear me?" he closed his eyes and let his lips find hers, sending the two into a passionate moment of bliss. Yet once again, Sesshoumaru broke the kiss, slowly standing and pulling the girl behind him.

Rin stared at the demon in a mix of frustration and confusion. "Sessh…what are you doing?"

Sesshoumaru grinned as he lifted the girl from the floor. She wrapped her legs around his back so that she was straddling his chest. She crashed her lips upon his as he stepped out of the tub. "Not…here…not like this…" Rin pulled back and smiled at the demon. Sesshoumaru kissed the brim of Rin's nose and soothingly called out, "you deserve a bed…I will not allow our first time to be in a bathroom."

Rin giggled as he carried her towards the door. She leaned down and gently kissed the nape of his neck. She heard him suck in a deep breath and grinned wickedly. She began attacking his neck with tiny hard kisses, leaving the demon in an elated state. Sesshoumaru reached for the doorknob before the sound interrupted their moment. The sound that ruined everything…the sound that Sesshoumaru would have destroyed the wooden monstrosity for carrying to their ears. Knocking. Someone was fuckin knocking on the bathroom door.

"Rin…Rin, are you in there?"

Rin glared at the door over her shoulder then down into Sesshoumaru's eyes. He seemed awfully angry. Rin giggled and kissed his cheek. "That would be Kagome." Rin's cheeks darkened as Sesshoumaru slowly slid her down his body so she could stand. She bit her lip as she glared about the bathroom. She met Sesshoumaru's gaze who seemed to be telling her to do something. He muttered, `make her go away!' "uhh…Kagome?"

Kagome knocked again, hearing her friends muffled voice. "Rin, are you okay? Rin, I need to talk to you!"

Rin sighed as she turned to find Sesshoumaru staring silent death threats at the door…or at her friend…she wasn't sure which one. Rin's eyes widened as she glared about the room. "She can't see you here! Not like this…this won't do at all!" Rin squeaked as she grabbed a towel and quickly dried off her body. She slid back into her clothes from earlier and stared around the room. "I'm fine, Kagome…" Rin nearly stumbled backwards into the sink as she tried to quickly pull a pant leg on. In an instant, she was in Sesshoumaru's arms, and he was staring down at her looking rather crestfallen. She stood onto her own feet and kissed him lightly on the lips before puling him towards the shower. "Stay here…I'm so sorry." She kissed him again, this time almost loosing herself in the kiss.

"Rin, who are you talking to?"

Rin's eyes widened as she pulled away from the kiss and shoved Sesshoumaru into the shower. She pulled her shirt over her head and gave him a fleeing smile. Sesshoumaru seemed livid about the idea of hiding. He grabbed her hand as she went to turn away. "I told you once, this Sesshoumaru does not hide."

Rin cocked an eyebrow and muttered, "and I told you not to talk in third person. Didn't we discuss that?" she saw his mouth drop a little in disappointment and she gave him a very seductive, promising smile. She mouthed out `later' and walked quickly to the door. She darted out the door and closed it behind her, smiling at her startled friend. "Kagome…" the smile instantly slid from her face as she read the expression on her friends face. A sense of dread suddenly overwhelmed the girl as she looked at her friend's melancholy expression. "What happened?"

Kagome sighed and shook her head slowly. "It's a long story…how's Sesshoumaru?"

Rin's cheeks lit up like a firecracker at the mention of the demon's name. "He's great, fine, awesome…why?" she nearly smacked herself mentally as the day's events rushed back to her with Kagome's thunderstruck stare. "I mean, he's doing a lot better…he's going to be great…fine…uhh…" Rin grasped her friend's arm and slowly started pulling her down the hallway. "So…what happened? How's InuYasha?"

Kagome pulled Rin to a stop, staring into her friend's glazed over expression. "InuYasha will be okay, Miroku's getting him to his room now actually. He's banged up but will be okay." Kagome tapped her foot in thought, "Rin…are you sure your all right?"

Rin gulped slightly and nodded slowly. "Peachy keen, Kagome. I'm worried though…" her eyes darted around the hallway as she lied to her friend…she hated lying…she wanted to tell Kagome what had happened…or what had almost happened. With a deep sigh, Rin smiled at Kagome. "I'm just worried about everything going on. Lets go to my room, we can talk."

Kagome gave Rin a small smile and nodded slowly. The two girls slowly made their way down the hallway towards Rin's room. "So really Rin, why did it sound like you were talking to someone…?"

Rin hid her face in her wet hair from her friend, praying she didn't notice the ten shades of red that now made up her face. "I was talking to myself…Kagome…I do that when I'm stressed. But hey, its better then talking in third person, right?" The two rounded the corner and entered Rin's door, closing it behind them.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru leaned against the cold tile for what felt like eternity. `I guess she's not coming back anytime soon,' he thought as he felt his body threaten to give out on him. He stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel. `I nearly forgot how weak I am right now.' He wrapped it around his waist and draped his pants over the shower curtain's rod to dry. He ran a hand over his face and slowly massaged the skin between his eyes. `This has been a long and confusing day. I need more sleep…much more sleep.' Walking into the hallway, he opened the door to his room before he heard a chuckle from behind him. Turning slowly, he found Miroku walking down the hallway, glaring intently on the demon. Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes and sighed. "What happened to my brother, letch?"

Miroku ran his eyes over Sesshoumaru's lack of clothing and grinned at the boy. "Is there a reason your running about the house naked, Sesshoumaru?" he gulped as the demon glared at him. He roughly cleared his throat and chewed on his bottom lip. "InuYasha is okay…he went after Naraku when he saw what he did to you…do you mind if we have this conversation when your not just wearing a towel? I'm not very comfortable…"

Sesshoumaru lifted an eyebrow as he glared deadpanned at the boy. With a very loud sigh, Sesshoumaru entered his room and slammed the door behind the boy, praying to hold onto whatever was left of his dignity.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*

Well, there we go, another chapter. R&R!! thanks