InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ The Rave ( Chapter 44 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~
 
 
 
~<>~ Chapter 44 ~<>~ The Rave
 
 
 
Sango wrapped her arms around her thin frame and shivered in the nights wind. She grimaced and looked at the watch on her wrist and tapped her foot impatiently. It was eleven thirty and Miroku was a half hour late. She sighed loudly and leaned back, resting herself on her elbows on the porch steps of her small apartment building. Kohaku had gone out with his friends for the night and was spending the night at one of their houses, probably already piss drunk. She frowned and shook her head slowly. At times she felt like there was no salvation for her younger brother, no way for her to reach him and pull him from the slump he had dug himself. After he had been expelled from school, his life had declined into the filthiest of ditches. She had tried, for many months, to help him up…she implored Souta to talk to him, tried to talk to his friends and coworkers but no one was willing to help. They told her the boy was a lost cause…maybe they were right. `Damnit,' she thought to herself as she sat up straight, `he's my brother. He could slaughter a thousand people and I would still love him! I'll find him help…I will.' Her frown deepened as the need for one of Inuyasha's cancer sticks began to pull at her stomach. `What an addiction,' she thought with a roll of her eyes. Glancing at her watch one more time, she slowly stood. `I can't believe that letch would stand me up!'
 
Sango sighed and rolled her head backwards to look up at the sky. The stars were dimmed by the iridescent lights of Tokyo and looked like small stains on a midnight blue sheet. The air was crisp and snapped at her ears sending shivers down her body. Sango smiled despite the irrefutable coldness of the fall night. `Miroku…' Sango could feel a slight blush staining her pale cheeks as she thought of that one boy…the boy who could make her blood boil in ways she never thought possible. The boy that could take her breath away with a single glance. Her mind replayed the past weeks that they had together…the good and the bad. The wound in Miroku's arm healed fast after receiving the proper treatment and attention. They then spent the week together…alone…at her apartment. With help from the local police department, ironically, Miroku's apartment was being cleaned up and he was wiped of the blame completely of the dead officers in his living room. Sango had a suspicion that it was the cop that had arrested Naraku…Ryen…that had spearheaded the entire operation but after learning he was Inuyasha's uncle, she was sure of it. There would still be a few days if not a week or so before he could go back but that was okay…she was happy with him being with her. Today had been the first time he had gone back to his apartment by himself…and that was to get his `costume'. Truth be told, Sango was almost afraid to see what he was going to be wearing. The thought that he could be…less then decent…added a fury of butterflies to her stomach; she was not sure if that was a good thing or not. She wanted Miroku…she wanted him badly. They had come close a couple times to being…intimate …but had reframed from doing so. They actually, shockingly, hadn't gone that far with each other. The worst had been the day that Naraku attacked Kagome. Miroku had cornered her after they had walked the track together and took her outside to the baseball field bleachers. He sat her down with a very sullen look on his face and confessed his life story to her. He told her things that she didn't know about him…things that had honestly shocked her. The top being that he was a virgin. He talked big…especially around his friends…but he had never gone the mile. The fact that he was willing to tell her that made her smile. She wasn't sure what came over her at that point, whether it was that she was possessed or the solitude of their position wracked her brain, she had put herself in his lap, her legs wrapped around his thighs and had plastered herself to his mouth. They remained like that until the late bell broke up their scandalous behavior…ending with his hands up her shirt. They had all but run to class at that point, praying that no one noticed them fleeing from the field.
 
As the memory crossed her mind, a blur of motion demanded her attention to the corner of her yard. Leaning against the oak tree in front of the complex was Miroku, trying to catch his breath. He looked up and gave Sango an apologetic smile before doubling over, placing his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath. “So…sorry Sango….”
 
Sango narrowed her eyes and jumped off her steps and walked towards the tardy boy. Catching a glimpse of him in the streetlight, she couldn't help the small smile that tore at her angry frown. Miroku had on a traditional black monk robe with a royal purple sash that traveled from his left shoulder blade down to his right hip. He had a golden staff that looked older then the robes themselves and was wearing a rather old pair of sandals. Sango bit her top lip and shoved her hands into the front pocket on her sweatshirt. “Why are you wearing a dress?”
 
Miroku glanced up, obvious irritation dancing across his face. “A dress?” he looked down then scowled. Standing up straight, he shrugged his shoulders and shook his head slowly, “my dear lady Sango, this is not a dress…it is…”
 
Sango shoved the boy's shoulders playfully then smacked him on his back, “a monk's robe from the feudal era, yeah I know.” She rolled her eyes and linked her arm with his, “I think some Buddhist monk somewhere is rolling over in his grave for seeing you in those things…a lecher pretending to be a man of the cloth…that's wrong on so many levels.”
 
Miroku pouted and retorted, “or might I be a man of cloth taken for a lecher?” He stopped walking, taking in Sango's attire, “my beautiful butterfly, why are you not dressed for the occasion?”
 
Sango sighed loudly and glared at Miroku, “did you really expect me to get dressed up like…” she waved a hand over his clothing choice, “that?”
 
Miroku smiled and ran a hand down the side of her face, “I was hoping you would chose something more…” he looked over her sweatshirt and jeans and frowned, “…revealing…show a little skin or something.”
 
Sango bit her tongue and shifted her weight to lie on one hip, “what would you prefer? A black skin tight leather taijyas suit?”
 
Miroku's grin answered the question.
 
Sango rolled her eyes and began walking again. “Where are we going?”
 
Miroku frowned and pointed towards the woods across from the apartments. “It will be easiest to cut through there.”
 
Sango hesitated and sat back on her heels, “just where the hell are we going?”
 
Miroku sighed again and crossed his arms thoughtfully, “well, there is a party…”
 
Sango raised an eyebrow and put a hand out, pausing Miroku as he attempted to walk by, “in the woods? Nu uh…” she shook her head firmly.
 
Miroku laughed and placed his hand over Sango's and gave her a warm smile, “no, you goddess of the night…not in the woods. Would I be foolish enough to take my precious Sango to a party in the woods on Halloween night?”
 
Sango cocked an eyebrow and licked her lips slowly, “so…then…where is it?”
 
Miroku's grin widened, “at Ole man Kanjinbo's dump.”
 
Sango's mouth fell open as Miroku laced his hand in hers and began walking again. “Wait…hold up! You cannot possibly expect me to…us…to go into the dump, can you?”
 
Miroku blinked then smiled viciously, “don't worry…Kanjinbo has been missing for years now…no one knows where to. So it's fine…no one will bother all of us.”
 
Sango fell into step behind Miroku, keeping on her guard as they entered the dark forest, “something makes me doubt that…and I swear to god, if anything happens, I'll shove that pole…”
 
Miroku cleared his throat and tugged harder on her hand, “staff…anyway, blatant threats are not necessary, love. No harm will come to any of us tonight!”
 
Sango rolled her eyes, shaking her head slightly as they traveled along the dark path. “Something makes me doubt that, monk…. something bad…”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
A cup smashed down onto the hood of the old Buick that was followed by a rather loud belch and a round of applause. InuYasha staggered a foot then smiled evilly at Bankotsu as the boy finished off his twelfth cup of beer. InuYasha leaned against the car and blinked away the dazzling colors that danced in front of his eyes and waited for his friend to finish off the drinking contest. Bankotsu still could never beat Yash at chugging…it just didn't work.
 
Bankotsu threw his empty cup to the floor and stood up straight, cracking his neck then laughing loudly. “I guess you're still…better…then me, you little puke.”
 
InuYasha patted his friend on the back and stumbled forward. “I uhh…” he laughed as he braced himself against one of the junked cars and blinked a few times, “you bet your damn ass I can still drink you under the fucking…” he blinked and looked with a roll of his head behind Bankotsu at the Buick then back at the boy before him, “under that damned thing…” he waved an arm at the car then glanced about the landscape, his eye brows creasing in confusion. “Hey…where's…where is Kagome?” he spun around in a circle, looking behind him then around, “where'd she go?”
 
Bankotsu stared at the boy for a moment before laughing loudly, “you are so out of practice. Look at you…stumbling around like a fucking new blood to alcohol. Bet you haven't been decently drunk in what…a few weeks?”
 
InuYasha stared at Bankotsu for a long moment, as if memorizing his face then blinked rapidly. He swallowed hard and help up one finger to his friend, “I…am not…drunk.”
 
Bankotsu shook his head slowly and blinked away the haze in front of his eyes, “don't give me that, you're fucking shit faced already!” he looked to the ground that was scattered in empty plastic cups, “what…fourteen beers…and you're gone? You might be able to drink more then me but you can't hold it for shit!”
 
InuYasha tugged at his own black hair and glared at Bankotsu, “tell you what, fucker…when this isn't…” he tugged his hair harder and stared at the strands in his hand for a long moment, as if trying to determine its color, “…when it isn't…fuck, what color is this?”
 
Bankotsu laughed louder and slapped the boy's hand away, “fucking moron.”
 
InuYasha narrowed his eyes and pointed a shaking finger at Bankotsu before poking him in the chest repeatedly, “you get my point! When I'm not shit faced, I'll fuck you up!” he looked behind him again, into the pile of rubbish and stared for a moment, “just where the hell is that wench?”
 
Bankotsu shrugged and pointed to the dance floor, “some cock sucker asked her to dance a while back…after Hiten was dancing with her…and she's been gone since.”
 
Inuyasha's eyes darkened as he whirled about to the dance floor, panic slowly tugging at him. `Fuck! I can't see straight let alone fight…fuck, if its…' he felt a growl build in his throat as his eyes settled on his bitch…dancing to close…to that fucking wolf! He grabbed a bottle of beer from a cooler on the floor and smashed it against the car's hood with a loud grunt. Holding the bottle of the broken bottle, he wielded it like a weapon as he stalked off towards Kouga and Kagome. “I'll fucking castrate him here…”
 
Bankotsu watched with a small smile dancing across his face as InuYasha stormed off towards the oblivious party.
 
Hiten joined his side and stared at Bankotsu for a moment before carefully asking, “what did you do?”
 
Bankotsu felt the smile become malicious as he watched InuYasha tear Kagome out of the wolfs hands and brandish the weapon at him, “I do believe, good Hiten, that we have found our Cassio.”*
 
Hiten threw the boy a estranged look then slowly shook his head, “dude…you're so wasted! Fucking quoting Shakespeare and shit…you're worse then his dick headed brother!”
 
Bankotsu growled as much as one human could and grabbed the thunder demon by his neck, pressing his filed nails into the man's jugular. “Do you want to live to jerk off tomorrow?”
 
Hiten's eyes widened as he struggled against his friend, “fuck you, asshole.”
 
Bankotsu stared at him for a moment before dropping him to the floor. “Now be a good boy and disappear.” He took a few steps towards his friend to try to over hear the heated argument between the two teens, his eyes shining with a devious plan.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*<<<Meanwhile>>>>
 
Kagome wasn't quite sure what to say when InuYasha agreed to the drinking contest. She wanted to yell at him, sure…but she was more awestruck then anything else. `After all that…after everything we've been through, he still is willing to stand up and get drunk! I thought…' she let out a staggered sigh, wrapping her arms around her body as he sauntered off with Bankotsu towards the kegs. She let out a rather short puff of air and shook her head slowly, `that bastard just ditched me so he can go get drunk!' she wasn't very impressed when a hand wrapped around her bicep and pulled off towards the two. InuYasha must have realized she wasn't next to him and returned to make sure she had a front row seat to the see hanyou-turned-human get plastered. She pulled her arm from his and gave him a small pleading smile, “Yash…I…”
 
InuYasha had kissed her temple and gave her a wide grin, “don't worry, Princess, I'll drink him under the table with my hands behind my back.”
 
Kagome narrowed her eyes and huffed, “it doesn't matter…that doesn't matter. Don't you care…about anything else? Do you really need to get drunk? What is it to prove?”
 
InuYasha ran a claw through the hair that hung in her eyes and gave her a cocky smile, “that I'm still fucking better then him, even in my weakest form.”
 
Kagome realized at that point it had indeed become a pissing match…one that she would never be able to reason with him about. She rolled her eyes and turned her back to him. `I though he understood…'
 
A hand on her shoulder jolted her from her brooding as two overly bright red eyes lingered down at her, “hey sexy, want to dance?”
 
Kagome sighed loudly and glanced behind her to her boyfriend and his one lackey to the one in front of her. “Didn't InuYasha say that I was off limits?”
 
Hiten blinked then leaned down she he was staring nose to nose with her. With a cocky grin that could make Inuyasha's seem innocent, he retorted, “InuYasha also said that the Roman's made Ramen…come on now. You of all people,” he slowly began to circle her, his eyes dancing over her clothing and skin, “should know that InuYasha is a baka. He speaks out of his ass. Come on,” he grabbed her arm and pulled her off into the crowd slowly, never looking back over his shoulder, “I want to get to…know…you better. See if you're all right for my buddy.”
 
Kagome jerked her hand free and let the hellfire blaze in her eyes, “see if I'm all right for your buddy? Who the…” she laughed callously and gave him an ice cold glare, “go screw yourself!”
 
Hiten wrapped his muscular arm around Kagome's waist and crashed her against his body, “I'd rather fuck you.”
 
Kagome's jaw fell open as she began clawing at his arm while backpedaling. “Let go of me, you chauvinistic egotistical disgusting pig!”
 
Hiten lowered his face towards hers and gave her another blood curdling evil smile, “I'm just playing with you, darling, I would never touch what is Inuyasha's…”
 
Kagome stomped her foot and tried to pull away from the man who was now swaying back and forth, “I do not belong to him!”
 
Hiten glared at the girl for a moment before laughing loudly, “the hell you don't. Sweetie, a guy like InuYasha leaves no room for questions in that. He's claimed you…you just don't know it yet.”
 
Kagome's mouth fell open and she pushed against Hiten, trying to break herself free of his grasp, “let me go, you bastard!”
 
Hiten laughed until a hand clamped down on his shoulder. For a moment, he thought that it was InuYasha…and if that were so, he would be a dead man. Instead, he found himself staring into a pair of angry cobalt blue eyes that held a near murderous intent swirling about in them. Hiten pulled away, letting go of Kagome and backed up a step, “who the fuck are you?”
 
Kouga sneered at the demon, “get your filthy paws off Kagome, you piece of shit! How dare you touch my woman!” he growled as Hiten backed up a step.
 
Hiten stared from Kouga to Kagome then back again, absolute confusion whirling about him. “I…that is…wait…what?”
 
Kagome pushed away from Hiten with a grimace. `Out of the pot and into the fire, they always say.' she threw herself into Kouga's open arms, who seemed shocked to say the least, and glared at Hiten. “Kouga…make him go away.”
 
Kouga narrowed his eyes, though a sadistic smile danced across his face and lit up his eyes, “with pleasure, my Kagome.”
 
Hiten took a step back and held up two hands, “peace, man, peace. I was just talking to the wench.”
 
Kouga sneered at him, “and now you're done. Get gone.”
 
Hiten sighed and shook his head before turning and returning back to the boys drinking contest, that was coming to an abrupt end.
 
Kouga turned back to Kagome and gave her a small smile, “you okay? Did he hurt you?” he wrapped one arm around her before she could pull back and began swaying slowly with her to the heavy metal music.
 
 
Kagome tried to pull away but Kouga only tightened his grasp. She sighed once and looked up to Kouga's face. “I…that is…no, he didn't hurt me. Thank you Kouga. But…do you think you could let me go?”
 
If Kouga heard her, he didn't show it. Instead he lowered his lips to her head and kissed her forehead. “This is how it should be Kagome…you know? You in my arms…like this…”
 
Kagome fought down the urge to gag as she tried again to pull away, “Kouga…you know my heart belongs to InuYasha…I love him Kouga…”
 
Kouga stared down at Kagome with a small frown and brushed her hair out of her face. “Kagome…where is InuYasha now?” he glanced towards the baka who was making a fool out of himself by out drinking the man next to him, “he's getting piss drunk and being an ass! If he cared…if he loved you like you do him, then he would be at your side! No man should let his girl go it alone at a rave. He has to be an idiot. I mean…Kagome…there are a lot of guys here who would love the chance…”
 
Kagome held up a hand, swallowing hard she stuck out her chin, “look, I've heard it already, Kouga. I know there are a lot of `bad guys' here,” she threw a look towards her boyfriend who had stumbled away from the keg and seemed to be glowering at the two of them. It was then she was reminded how close she was to Kouga. Her eyes widened as she began to pull at Kouga's arms with renewed intent. “Kouga…let me go…now.”
 
Kouga hushed her and kissed her forehead again, “shush Kagome, it's okay…”
 
Kagome bit her lip as she watched InuYasha stalk towards them, holding a rather deadly looking weapon in his hand. “Kouga…no, it's really not okay, Inu…”
 
Kagome was jerked back by a rough hand on her shoulder and shoved behind a larger frame. She could just about feel the anger radiating off the drunken boy in front of her. She heard Kouga gasp then begin to laugh…loudly.
 
InuYasha held up the bottle towards Kouga's throat and growl, “I should slit your fucking throat, you mangy wolf! What the hell do you think you're doing…touching Kagome and shit!”
 
Kouga kept laughing, “look…at yourself…you fucking half breed! You're human! Great Halloween costume, dog shit, it's terrifying!”
 
InuYasha growled and lunged at Kouga with the bottle. In a drunken misguided step, he lost his balance and ended up with his face in the dirt. He grumbled and dropped the bottle while struggling to stand up straight.
 
Kouga moved with the speed of light and dropped his elbow into the small of Inuyasha's back. He folded like a sack of potatoes to the ground and Kouga put his foot on the human's back. “I should crush your spine, you fucking coward!”
 
Kagome's eyes widened and she lunged forward, pushing Kouga away from InuYasha. “InuYasha, Kouga, enough! I'm so sick of this!”
 
Kouga stumbled backwards and frowned as Kagome helped InuYasha to his knees. He felt a growl building in the back of his throat as he thrust his hand out towards InuYasha, as if displaying him to someone. “Look at him Kagome! He's weak…he's pathetic…and he's drunk! Instead of protecting his mate, the one thing that tainted Youkai blood in his body should know how to do, he passes you up for a cup of beer. You think you mean anything to him? You're just a hole in the wall!”
 
InuYasha struggled to his feet and growled at Kouga, “shut…your fucking trap…” he glanced at Kagome who had tears in her eyes and he frowned. “Kagome…”
 
Kouga stepped forward and punched him in the jaw with a clenched fist. “Don't say her name…you don't deserve her!”
 
Bankotsu was by Inuyasha's side in a second, his eyes narrowed to mere slits, “and you do, you filthy wolf? You're at the bottom of the Youkai chain you waste of space; your race should just die already and save us the trouble from hunting your kind!”
 
Kouga glared at the outspoken human and took a warning step closer, brandishing a shiny set of claws. “Keep talking big talk, human, and I'll rip your throat out!”
 
Bankotsu balled his fists and stepped back into a boxing stance, “come on, fucker, I'll take you out, right here, right now!”
 
Kagome pulled herself away from InuYasha and threw herself between the three boys. “enough!”
 
“I'll say!” two people stepped out of the crowd and joined Kagome in the barricade between the two. Kagome glanced to her right to find Sango, decked out in a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt, who seemed rather ready to fight. Glancing to her left, she found Miroku in…a dress? She cocked an eyebrow but kept her mouth shut. The ensuing fight was what had her attention. She took a step towards her drunken boyfriend and tenderly put a hand on his shoulder. “Yash…”
 
InuYasha growled at Kouga before glancing down at Kagome, anger sparkling in his glazed over eyes. “Don't, Kagome…this shit head has it coming. Didn't learn from the first ass whooping…I'll just have to really enforce this one. He'll get the picture…”
 
Miroku cleared his throat and glanced back to Kouga with a scowl. “Kouga…it's apparent that InuYasha isn't in the best mental state. Sango and I will take care of Kagome. Thank you for…”
 
The boy who neither of the two new comers knew opened his trap and yelled, “the fuck he is just gonna walk away; he fuckin insulted Kagome and InuYasha in one breath. Plus, he had his mitts on Inuyasha's property…”
 
Sango coughed as she whirled around, her brown eyes meeting aqua. “Inuyasha's what?” she took a step towards the human and poked him hard in the chest, “I know you're not referring to Kagome…I just know you're smarter then that!”
 
Bankotsu glared down at the outspoken girl and sneered, “you don't fuckin know me, bitch! And yes, I am referring to Kagome…she is Inuyasha's bitch…therefore…”
 
A hand slammed down on the boy's head…a hand attached to an angry hanyou. InuYasha fumed as he stared down at the crumpled form of his friend, “shut your hole, Bank! I'll handle this.” a grunt that could have passed for an `okay' was muttered from slumped figure. InuYasha stepped over his friend's body and into the moonlight. He frowned when he heard Sango and Miroku gasp but pushed it off with a roll of his eyes. Though he might have been drunk, he knew what he wanted to do…and that was to one; rip Kouga's jaw off and two; get laid. He grabbed Kouga's shirt and pulled the demon towards him. “Go. Fuck. Yourself.”
 
Kouga swiped at the boy's head, who ducked under the lethal claws and grunted as InuYasha punched him in the gut. Kouga pulled back and sniffed before letting his eyes darken. “You think you can take me Inukuro? Come at me again, and I'll tear you to shreds!”
 
“Keh, you asked for it.”
 
Miroku grabbed Inuyasha's shoulder and tried to restrain him. Being InuYasha was in his human form, it was a little easier. “InuYasha…this isn't the right place for this.”
 
InuYasha shoved off the boy's arm and lunged at Kouga. What he got in return was a foot to his jaw and narrowly avoided a series of swipes at his stomach by the claws. InuYasha fell to the ground but instantly began to pull himself up. “You're fucking dead, wolf shit.”
 
Kouga growled then paused before rolling his eyes as two joined voices called over the night air, “Kouga!” Kouga took the distraction to sucker punch InuYasha in his chest before turning around to glare at the two latecomers. “Oi, where the fuck have you two been?”
 
Ginta and Hakakhu stopped a few feet from the battle, letting their eyes wander over the group of fighting teens before settling on their leader and cousin. “Kouga…we've been looking every where for you! what are you doing?” the boy with the Mohawk asked.
 
Kouga rolled his eyes and glared back to the fight, “never mind that shit, I'm gonna fuck this guy up!”
 
Ginta bounced back and forth for a moment between feet and glanced around nervously, “Kouga…Aayme is looking for you!”
 
Kouga's head snapped back around towards the other wolf demon with a look of horror etched across his face. He all but screamed, “She's here?”
 
Hakakhu nodded and joined Kouga in scouting the area; “we ditched her back by the mosh pits. We should get the hell out of dodge if you don't want to see her…or hear her.”
 
InuYasha watched Kouga drop his guard and was about to punch the demon in the side of his head yet in a blur of pure light, lightning happened to strike the wolf demon, sending him hurling a few feet back into a pile of garbage. InuYasha and the others whirled around so fast that InuYasha had to stagger a few steps to regain his balance. “What the hell?”
 
Hiten stood further back, blowing on his fingers like a smoking gun with a sly smile dancing about his elegant features. He slid his hand into the pocket of his trench coat and laughed loudly and ever so evilly at the wolf demon that was trying to stand up. His eyes glistened in the moonlight with wicked intent. He walked up and put his weight on Bankotsu's shoulder. Regarding Kouga, he called out, “mmm…don't you love the smell of burnt wolf in the morning?” he licked his lips and flashed the wolf demon a devilish smile, “just like the way mom use to cooked em.”
 
Kouga staggered to his feet and pointed a finger at the thunder demon, “you're going down, dip shit!”
 
Bankotsu smiled just as wickedly and called out, “you're mouth is running Kouga but I ain't getting audio!”
 
Kouga tilted his head to the right and gave the group the middle finger before popping his neck back into place. He took a threatening step towards them. “Audio that, mother…”
 
 
Kouga!”
 
The nine teenagers turned to where the scream had been issued from, a few feet away in the mingling crowd. Kouga blanched and turned on his heels. Glancing over his shoulder, he called to the three boys, “this ain't over…not by a long shot!” he nodded at Ginta and Hakakhu before running off in what felt like a whirlwind of power. Ginta and Hakakhu tried to keep up, throwing random glances over their shoulders at the group. A moment later, a blur of red and green passed the six heading in the same direction.
 
For a lingering minute, no one spoke. The tension in the air rose with every passing second before Sango growled and thrust out her hand towards Hiten, her eyes never wandering from her staring war with Bankotsu. “I'm Sango and the man in a dress is Miroku. We're friends of Yash.”
 
Hiten graciously accepted Sango's introduction and brought his lips to the back of her hand. “Charmed, mi lady. I am Hiten, leader of the thunder demon tribe and friends with the fuck-nut down there.” He stretched his arm towards InuYasha and laughed, “and this shit head, which you are so adamantly staring at, is Bankotsu…warrior genius.
 
Sango snapped her head back to stare at the other human and finally gave way. She begrudgingly held out her hand and nodded once, “if you guys are friends of Yash…”
 
Bankotsu stared at her hand as if it held some contagious disease and then sneered, “If you finish that sentence with some sappy shit, I swear to god…”
 
Miroku laced his arm under Sango's and pulled her away from Bankotsu and took a step to stand in front of her, anger subduing the normal pleasant look on the monks face. “You'll what?”
 
InuYasha groaned and stepped between the three and held out his hands to make them back up. “That's enough…Kami, you guys are immature.”
 
Miroku studied his friends face for a moment before sighing heavily, “You're drunk.”
 
InuYasha turned and pointed a finger at Miroku and added slowly, “and you are wearing a dress.”
 
Miroku threw his hands up and yelled, “This is not a dress! Theses are…”
 
Sango put a hand over Miroku's mouth and tapped her foot impatiently. Kagome slid next to her friend and the two girls glared at the three boys. Sango's eyes met Inuyasha's and she all but growled, “you should go home...now.”
 
Bankotsu laughed loudly and shook his head slowly, “dude, why are all these bitches trying to tell you what the fuck to do?”
 
Kagome bit her lip and snapped her head to stare at her friend. Sango was a rather threatening individual in certain situations and had been known for her short temper…now…it scared Kagome to think of what Sango could be capable of in her current state of mind. Kagome gingerly put a hand on her best friends shoulder and gave her a small squeeze, “breath Sango…you're kind of turning red…”
 
Sango's eyes danced with furious flames as she stepped towards Bankotsu. “what did you just call me?”
 
 
Bankotsu smiled wickedly and took a step towards Sango, leaning down to stare down into the smaller girl's face. “I called you a bitch…which you are.” He looked her over slowly then gave her a wide smile.
 
Sango balled her hands into tight fists, grinding her teeth together so hard she was sure she would crack one. “How dare you…”
 
Bankotsu licked his lips slowly and whimsically added, “I just call them as I see them.”
 
Sango snorted and shook her head slowly, “so when you look in the mirror every morning when you drag yourself out of bed and say, `pathetic waste of life with a small cock?'”
 
Bankotsu raised an eyebrow and looked over Sango for a moment. He then gave her a rather coy grin, “sweetie, I'm well endowed, thanks…and I'll prove it to you if you just bend over like the whore you…”
 
The words never made it out of Bankotsu's mouth as a fist collided with his jaw. His head snapped to the right and for a moment, he didn't move. Finally he craned his neck back around to stare at Sango, and then spit out a wad of bloody phlegm. His eyes narrowed as he growled, “you're gonna fuckin pay for that…”
 
Sango raised her chin to the boy and stared him in the eyes, “bring it, bitch…”
 
InuYasha just about threw himself between the teens and held out his two hands. “enough…come on…if I can't kick Kouga's ass, you two can't kick each others. those are the rules, got it?”
 
Sango reached forward and shoved InuYasha to the side, her eyes glowing with murderous intent, “get out of the way, dog boy…he's going down…”
 
Miroku reached out and wrapped his hand around Sango's wrist and pulled her back a foot to cradle her into his chest. “Calm down, love…that waste of life isn't worth you getting all upset. We came here for a good time…remember?”
 
Sango stared at Miroku in near disbelief then stepped away from him, “you're just gonna…”
 
As Bankotsu took a step closer to Sango, Miroku turned around with nearly astonishing speed and punched the boy square in the nose, returning him to the ground in a crumpled form. Miroku venomously spat back, “stay down!” turning back to Sango, he gave her a wide grin and pulled her off towards the `dance floor'. Sango threw Kagome a bewildered glance before turning back around to the love of her life.
 
Kagome watched her two friends walk off before a pair of hands wrapped around her waist. She took a deep breath and turned to find herself in the arms of her lover. With a sigh, she tapped his nose, “we still need to talk.”
 
InuYasha put a finger to her lips and stared into her eyes, the alcohol-induced glaze that washed over his eyes before was dulling. “Kagome…baby…I'm not perfect. I'm nowhere near it. After all that shit we went through, cut me some slack. I haven't had time to relax these past few weeks…I just need it out of my system. Please, don't be angry with me…I just need to relax.” He removed his finger to replace the seal on her lips with his own. He let his tongue dart out of his lips and trace hers, basking in the wonderful taste of his love. His hands wrapped tighter around her waist, one resting on the small of her back and the other on her ass. After a moment, he let his lips trail her jawbone, down her neck, over her collarbone and across her shoulder blade.
 
Kagome sighed as he intoxicated her with his affection before realizing that was exactly why she was angry. She reached down and grabbed a handful of his black hair, regretting losing the warm touch, and pulled his face up to meet hers. “No.”
 
InuYasha frowned and pulled her backwards so that her back was resting against a pile of junk and was incapable of pulling away from him. He looked down into her eyes, mischief sparkling in his. “Kagome.”
 
Kagome felt a spark ignite in her loins as she swallowed hard, trying to ignore the feeling building inside of her. She was angry with him and damnit, she was not going to just give in to lust. She shook her head once and pushed his shoulders, “you're drunk…I will not.”
 
InuYasha grinned and nipped at her ear while wrapping his hands around her wrists and pinning them back above her head to the wall of junk. “You didn't object last time.”
 
Kagome's eyes darkened as she pushed again, this time with more intent. “Let me go. How can you hold last time against me? I…no…I will not…let me go!”
 
InuYasha laughed and gently licked the side of her cheek, more to toy with her then to turn her on. He looked down into her angry eyes and gave her a heart melting smile, “come on baby, lighten up.” he grabbed both of her wrists in one hand and let his free one drift down between the valley of her breasts and down her stomach to rest on her thigh.
 
Kagome sneered and pushed against him again, her eyes beginning to become frantic, “let me go InuYasha! Now!”
 
InuYasha frowned and pulled back, giving Kagome space. He rolled his eyes and turned around with a loud, “Keh.”
 
Kagome shook her head and let out a very loud exasperated sigh, “you know, you really are something else. Just what the hell has gotten into you tonight?”
 
InuYasha felt his right eye twitch as he turned to stare at Kagome. He let out a huff and shook his head slowly, staring at her in near shock, “wow…you know, Kagome, I bet you have wondered why we are here this entire night, haven't you? I bet you wondered why a guy like me would want to hang with a crew like this…with guys,” his hands flashed towards Bankotsu who was walking towards them, then towards Hiten who was making out with a girl a few feet away, “like them…why I would even have them in my company. You don't even see yourself on the same plane as these guys, do you princess?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth, “we're back to that again?”
 
InuYasha felt his eyes widen as he took a step back from Kagome, “the truth hurts, doesn't it? Guess what, this is who I am Kagome.” He wrapped his arm around Bankotsu's neck as the boy passed by, and pulled his face next to his so they were resting cheek to cheek, “see, Kagome, just like me.” he let go of his friend who instantly moved ten feet back and stared at InuYasha as if he were crazy. Yash only shook his head and ran a hand down his face, “all this time…we didn't have time to learn each others personalities, did we? No…we were to busy saving our asses then to look into something petty as someone's character.” He threw his hands back as if beckoning for a hug and gave Kagome one of the more creepier grins she ever saw on his face, “this is who I am Kagome…this is me. So tell me…who are you? Are you going to be the girl who stares at guys like me and finds herself above them? Do you think yourself better, princess?”
 
Kagome swallowed what felt like a lump in her throat as she slowly shook her head, “you're rambling, InuYasha. You're drunk and are really starting to piss me off. You know…just you drinking that much really endangered our relationship but if you keep it up with that fucking mouth of yours…I swear…” she blinked away the tears as she turned on her heels, “hopefully you'll be back to your real self in the morning…”
 
InuYasha grabbed Kagome's arm and yanked her around to face him. He squeezed her arm and nearly seethed back, “this is who I am, bitch. It's up to you to except me as it!”
 
Kagome's mouth dropped open as she winched at the pain building in her arm. As calmly as she could, she slowly said, “Let me go.”
 
InuYasha only tightened his grasp and stared down into her face before slamming his lips down on hers in a bruising kiss.
 
Kagome bit down on the inside of her lips to keep him out as she struggled to pull away from his embrace. `What the hell has gotten into him? Does he become an asshole as well as a human on these nights? Is he a violent drunk? God…where is my InuYasha? He would never…he could never…hurt me. Why…why is he doing this?' she felt tears begin to slide down her cheeks as she finally was able to rip herself away from his mouth.
 
Instantly InuYasha realized he had gone way to far…way to far out into deep water. He was drowning and there was no salvation for him at this point. Somewhere in the mists of his mind, he realized he was still holding onto Kagome's arm with bruising force and he let go with a grimace. He heard her hiss in pain and recoil before backing away a step. His eyes widened as he tried to blink away the remaining effects of the alcohol. Why did he push her? Why was he trying to make her see irrelevant points? `She loves you for who you are, baka! She doesn't care about all of this…who you are with her is who you are. Tonight you're trying to put up a façade for a boy you haven't been in nearly three months! A life style you haven't found yourself since she saved you…' he swallowed hard and in an act of sheer desperation, reached out and pulled Kagome into his chest. Resting his cheek on the top of her head, he whimpered, “I'm sorry…I'm so sorry…I don't know what I was thinking…”
 
 
Kagome pulled away and slapped InuYasha, open handed, across his face. “Bastard, don't touch me.”
 
InuYasha turned his head with the slap, knowing he deserved it. On a normal day, he would have yelled back…threatened her not to hit him…but today he let it go. He looked back at her, totally aghast at himself and gave her a small pout, “Kagome…”
 
Kagome shook her head slowly and turned on her heels. “I'm going home.”
 
InuYasha growled and began to reach out to her then stopped, realizing that she had all rights to. Besides, it was late. He moved into step with her and gave her a small frown, “at least let me walk you home?”
 
Kagome turned her head away from him and kept walking towards the forest. She wanted to hit him again…every time they got three steps ahead something always knocked them back. `Why would today be any different?' she thought with a dramatic sigh.
 
Two figures appeared as if out of nowhere behind the two and knocked them to the ground instantly. InuYasha was ready to rip someone's larynx out of his or her throat as his chest thundered to the floor with a sharp pain. He heard someone hiss, “Shut up…” and he could hear Kagome screaming into a hand. His instincts went into overdrive as his hand reached behind him and clamped down on a long braid. He went to pull it when three giant spotlights illuminated the area of the rave. A siren broke the eerie clam of the night then was followed by kids screaming and running in sheer panic. `Fuck…'
 
InuYasha used the light to look up to see Bankotsu's face buried in the dirt and under brush next to him. His attention snapped across the way to stare at Kagome, who was under the crushing weight of Hiten's body. He growled once and threw a nearby rock at the boy with a glower. `If he so much as breaths on her wrong…' he thrust his head back into the ground as people scurried by. He knew that they would be fine to move in ten minutes or so…cops never raided long at these things…especially Tokyo cops. They would be gone in minutes. They just had to wait…
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Sesshoumaru had never been so relieved in his life when Rin told him that she hated the thought of going out on Halloween night. He hated the holiday with every bone in his body. To him, it was a slap in the face condescending day to all demons around the world. He had hated it when he was younger and that never changed. Yet it never failed and someone always dragged him to a ridiculous party filled with idiotic skimpily clad assholes. This year though…it was just him and Rin.
 
 
Sesshoumaru looked down at the girl who had fallen asleep in his lap watching horror movies. Rin's head was cuddled into his chest with her arms hanging loosely around his waist. They had talked about having the night to themselves, but since everything had gone down…since Naraku had been put in jail…Sesshoumaru didn't want to push her. She was now dealing with the after math of what Naraku did to her and whether or not she wanted to admit it, he had destroyed a large part of her.
 
The last thing Sesshoumaru wanted to do was damage the frail mental state she was in now. They had briefly argued over where they would be lodging to watch the movie; he suggested more of an open area where things would not veer out of control to a point of no return while Rin wanted to lie in bed and watch it from his 32” television stuck in his cherry-oak armoire. After a slightly heated debate that ended with him luring her downstairs, they wound up in the basement. Not to say things almost didn't get out of control…but he had rectified that problem when it came up. Rin had insisted on dressing as a Catholic schoolgirl instead of her normal school uniform which was solid colors and less revealing…and that was it; as in…nothing else underneath. He figured that out with wide eyes and a hard gulp. He couldn't help his body's natural reaction to the news nor his mouth latching onto her neck. It took all of his will power to push off her advances of dominating the situation when he would not step up. She grew angry then upset at his refusal and that tore out his heart. When the first tear fell, he pulled her into his lap and comforted her…explaining to her that he wanted her to be ready for the commitment…and really had chose the worst words to put it in. Suddenly he became the bad guy who was trying to say she wasn't ready for a commitment that lead to a fresh batch of new tears. He shut her up with a rather demanding kiss on her lips. He told her he wanted to wait to make sure she was okay and finally she gave in with a number of grunts and growls. It scared Sesshoumaru…nearly. To hear his soon to be mate growling in such a demonic fashion…he wasn't sure if it was more awe, terror or lust that called to his demonic blood but he had never wanted anything more in his life then to take her and….
 
Sesshoumaru sighed and shook his head slowly, letting his fingers graze her silk-like raven hair. Staring down at her angelic face, he found himself in utter awe of her natural beauty. She didn't need anything to make herself beautiful…she was gorgeous. She was his. He traced her cheeks very carefully with the pads of two fingers and then leaned down to kiss her forehead. “Mine.”
 
Rin popped open one eye and yawned before snuggling closer into his chest and called up in a lazy voice, “not yours…you won't claim me.”
 
Sesshoumaru blinked and nuzzled her forehead with his cheek. “All in good time…”
 
Rin yawned again and muttered while slowly drifting back to sleep, “good time…was today…bad to wait…”
 
Sesshoumaru grinned and kissed her nose. “So you think…you'll understand one day, love.”
 
Rin growled with her eyes closed and retorted, “I don't want to understand…I want you to fuck my brains out.”
 
Sesshoumaru cocked an eyebrow and glared down at Rin in pure shock; those words in that order leaving his Rin's mouth? He was speechless for the near first time in his life. He stumbled over words to comment with in his mind before he heard her snoring. He smiled a grin that reached his ears. She was asleep. He laughed lowly and shook his head again, gathering her form into his arms. `Will she even realize she told me she wants me to….' his eyes darkened as his groin tightened at the divulged secret. He tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear and stared down into her face. `If she only knew how much I would love to oblige her in that whim….' He sighed loudly and frowned, `I will not push her. I want her to come to me when she's ready…when she isn't afraid of sex. Her only experience with it has been forceful. By Naraku for six months, pressure from Kouga when they were dating…she has never been intimate on her own accord.' Sesshoumaru wanted the moment to be special…he wanted to see pure love in her eyes. He was sure a part of him would absolutely die if when allowing her to give herself to him, he saw fear or god forbid dread in her eyes. On the opposite hand, he was sure a part of him was being irrational…but he was sure he wanted her to be ready. She wasn't ready and it was obvious to him in her actions. She was squirm under his lustful gaze at certain points unconsciously…she would tense when his hands wrapped around her waist. He wanted her to be comfortable…he wanted to make sure she knew he loved her with all his heart. Taking a deep breath, he smiled down at her sleeping form, `I'd wait an eternity for one chance to let her understand just how much I love her.'
 
Holding her like a rag doll in his arms, Sesshoumaru stood swiftly off the couch and shut off the lights to the basement before walking upstairs. He closed the basement door behind him with his foot and turned to walk up the main flights of stairs before pausing to look over his shoulder into the kitchen. He smirked and shook his head slowly and called out in grunted whisper, “give me a minute.”
 
A figure sitting in the dimly lit kitchen behind a newspaper nodded half consciously.
 
Sesshoumaru walked up to his room and set Rin on the bed under his down comforter. He brushed some of her hair from her face and kissed her forehead. “I'll be right back.” he stared at her for a moment, making sure she was asleep before getting up slowly, making sure not to make any noise, and walking back downstairs to speak with his uncle.
 
His uncle. A small sigh broke his slightly parted lips as he walked down the flight of stairs. His sudden appearance had been a less the pleasant thought for the Youkai. There was resentment, a raw feeling of abandonment and other unnamed emotions the flowed to his mind when thinking of his estranged uncle. He hated Ryen for leaving him and InuYasha with Launia. He hated Ryen for not being able to save his father. He hated Ryen for saving his life…he hated Ryen because he reminded him so much of his father. He had managed to push all of his feelings for his father aside at the time of his death. He had put on a stoic face at the moment he got the news and had maintained it until Rin's death. Very seldom did he slip to let someone in. Kerensa had been the first…Rin would be his last. Yet with Ryen's appearance…with the sudden reminder of his father and the brutal pain of losing him…a part of Sesshoumaru felt like it broke all over again. All he had heard when seeing Ryen's face was his cold hearted mother telling him that the Inu no Tashio he loved with all his heart, the father who he worshiped and wished to be like, would never come home again…that he didn't love Sesshoumaru enough to keep himself alive.
 
Sesshoumaru paused at the landing of the steps to collect himself. He closed his eyes and called into the dimly lit kitchen without turning to corner to see his face, “what do you want?”
 
Ryen laughed slowly and dropped the newspaper in his hands to the table. He sat back and put his feet up on the table with a slightly coy grin playing on his delicate features, “shouldn't you be asking how I got in here, boy?”
 
Sesshoumaru nearly rolled his eyes as he walked forward and rounded the corner to look into the kitchen from the foyer. “You really are like my baka half brother, aren't you?”
 
Ryen raised an eyebrow then stared at the ceiling as if it were the most interesting thing ever created. “Don't you mean he is more like me…being that I am older?”
 
Sesshoumaru walked into the kitchen and leaned against the ceramic island, eyeing over his uncle. With a scoff, he shook his head, “which is an enigma in itself.”
 
Ryen dropped his feet off the table and leaned forward, a scowl plastered to his face, “and what is that supposed to mean, Sesshoumaru?”
 
Sesshoumaru sneered and turned to the refrigerator. Retrieving a bottle of vodka from the unit, he popped off the top and took a swig of the frozen liquid. After a moment, he lowered the bottle from his lips and gave the man a lopsided smirk, “you are as foolish as he.”
 
Ryen tisked Sesshoumaru once, clicking his tongue against his teeth then was standing in front of the boy in a matter of seconds. Ryen reached out and snatched the bottle away from him with speed that left Sesshoumaru in shock. He looked from the bottle then to the boy before taking a sip himself and leaning backwards against the cabinets, a rather taunting tune in his voice, “and yet it is I who am old enough to drink this. Shame on you Sesshoumaru, possessing alcohol as a minor…and in front of a cop none the less.” He put on an over dramatic stern face and waggled the bottle in the boys face, “you should know better.” he then took another long chug from the bottle before dropping it to his side.
 
Sesshoumaru's eyes flared with anger as he stared at the man in front of him. A growl slowly resonated from the back of his throat as he took a step closer to Ryen, “you dare to taunt me?”
 
All joking subsided from Ryen's face as a rather stoic wash overtook him. Placing the bottle on the counter, Ryen turned to look dead on at Sesshoumaru, an unspoken challenge being presented to the older demon. “Are you sure you wish to threaten me?”
 
Sesshoumaru growled louder, his hand swinging about the kitchen, “this is my house, baka! Who do you think you are…coming in here and demanding change in my lifestyle? You are no one to me…dirt on the bottom of my shoe! The only thing we have in common is the blood in our veins. That matters not…I already have one pest with that problem.”
 
Ryen narrowed his eyes and retorted in a very controlled even tone, “we are more alike then you give credit to. The problem is that you are too stubborn to admit it. Knock yourself down a notch, Sesshoumaru, before I do it for you.”
 
Sesshoumaru clenched his jaw so hard he was sure his fangs would break. Taking a step closer to Ryen he growled back, “Get out of my house.”
 
Ryen shook his head once and muttered, “wrong answer.” In a blink of an eye, Ryen was standing behind Sesshoumaru. He grabbed him, one had on the base of the younger demon's pony tail, another arm wrapped under his left armpit and across the front of his neck, he kicked the back of Sesshoumaru's right knee and pushed his weight into his left shoulder. With very little resistance, Ryen smashed Sesshoumaru face first into the marble countertop so that his cheek was resting on the surface. Thought there was no damage done to either the counter or his nephew, Sesshoumaru was in a position of submission. Loud growls bellowed from the younger demon as Ryen pulled his ponytail back to stare down into his face. “First thing, first Sesshoumaru…I don't know you, you don't know me. I want to change that…I really do. You are my flesh in blood whether or not you will admit it…that blood that you speak of as if it is the plague has saved your life time and again. Be glad you have someone to share it with. Let me tell you, it is a lonely world out there by yourself…a damn fucking cold lonely world.” He put more pressure on Sesshoumaru's left shoulder blade, lowering the volume of the boy's growls. “Second, this is technically my house, son…it was my fathers and passed on to both me and your father. I moved out though never relinquished claim on it. Therefore, in the correct will and testament from your father, it is still in my claim since I am still alive. If I were dead, it would belong to your bitch of a mother, though she betrayed your father so it would then be yours. But its not, get it?”
 
Sesshoumaru reached around with his right hand and jammed his claws into Ryen's right shoulder blade. His eyes widened a degree when he heard the demon hiss yet not budge. His head being lifted then slammed down into the counter top rewarded his outburst. He could taste blood instantly in his mouth and sneered, “I will never yield.” He tried to kick out to Ryen but found himself hopelessly pinned to the counter.
 
Ryen clicked his teeth again and leaned down to breath into Sesshoumaru's ear, “I'm not asking you to.” he pushed on the demon one more time and called out, “you'd be a fool to think that your claws can hurt me. I have been through hell, boy. Hell that your teenage misdemeanors cannot even scratch the surface of. Save me the pain from kicking your ass and understand that for once. Let something through that thick skull of yours. I'm not here to fight…I'm here to help…to be a friend.”
 
Sesshoumaru resumed growling, feeling helpless…a feeling that he loathed. “You are no friend.”
 
Ryen sighed and relinquished his hold on the demon, backing up five feet. “Then let me be a father figure to you. Let me help you, Sesshoumaru…let me guide you on the places that you needed your father.”
 
Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes and held up a hand, his nails beginning to glow green, obvious anger breaking through his stoic face. His eyes glistened in the emotion and his body wavered in it. “I need not a father nor a friend. This Sesshoumaru needs no one.” He swung at Ryen, who simply took a step back. “Tell me why I should not disembowel you this instant!”
 
Ryen shook his head sadly and let his eyes look to the ceiling above them. Though it was not so much a glance to the ceiling as it was looking through it. “Why? Because I do not wish to have to explain to Rin why I was forced to kill her mate.” He held up two hands and gave the boy an even stare, “She needs you Sesshoumaru and whether or not you admit it, you need her as well.”
 
Sesshoumaru paused and slowly lowered his hand. The anger in his eyes did not dissipate. He wanted to strike this man…to break him from his untouchable existence. He wanted Ryen to feel the pain that he felt…the pain from his father's death…the pain of being left alone to guard over his brother. Sesshoumaru swallowed hard then sniffed the air. His head slowly turned towards the door as he lowered his hand to his side. The anger rekindled in such a fury that Ryen found himself at a loss…until he too sniffed the air. One word slipped from both men's mouths at the same time, “shit.”
 
 
A moment later, the front door to the house burst open as six figures all but hurled themselves through it. Two were laughing hysterically, two were concerned and the other two…the two more delicate of scents, were covered in the stench of fear. A loud slightly slurred voice bellowed out, “yo, asshole…you here?”
 
Sesshoumaru stepped through the doorway of the kitchen with a look of repugnance carefully engraved across his face. He all but growled, “you.”
 
Two very loud male screams were heard before one of those two voices…the deeper of the two…called out, “oh, fuck you, InuYasha! Do you want us to die young?”
 
Another higher pitched male voice called out over his, “Sesshiles…. how you been?”
 
It seemed that not even the Kami's themselves could have stopped Sesshoumaru as he stalked towards the boys, murder dancing in his eyes.
 
InuYasha jumped in front of his brother and held up two hands, “Sesshoumaru, relax…think of Rin and calm down!”
 
Sesshoumaru reached out and shoved his brother into the railing of the staircase, clearing a path for him to reach Bankotsu and Hiten. He sneered as he pulled back his fist to strike.
 
A voice called out from the kitchen doorway, “Sesshoumaru.”
 
Sesshoumaru glared out of the corner of his eyes at Ryen then back to the boys. He growled at them, “What in the name of everything holy are you two gutter rats doing in my city? And speak fast before I rip your tongues out!”
 
Bankotsu, who was currently holding his hands in front of his face, much to everyone else's amusement, lowered his defense by an inch and called out, “it ain't your city…” he grimaced and put his hands back up when Sesshoumaru snapped his attention back to the delinquent.
 
Sango crossed her arms and leaned in towards Kagome, her eyes locking with Ryen's. “Hey, Kagome…isn't that your moms friend?”
 
Kagome wrinkled her nose at Sango before groaning, “I'm so dead.”
 
Hiten backed up a step and stood behind Miroku and Sango, before calling out to Ryen, “hey…I know you!”
 
Ryen shook his head slowly, closing his eyes and sighing heavily, “yes…I have arrested you both on many different occasions back in Kyushu.”
 
Bankotsu glance behind Sesshoumaru then back to the demon in front of him. “Wow…you two look identical…that's really freaky, man.” He coughed once and looked at his feet before meeting Sesshoumaru's blazing gaze. “Do you mind backing up a few feet out of my personal bubble space? I'm getting kind of stifled. I told you once, Sesshoumaru…you're a nice guy but I'm not really your type…”
 
A hand reached out and wrapped itself around Bankotsu's neck and squeezed. A rough cough echoed from the boy's lips as a cold voice called out, “Again I ask, why are you in my city?”
 
Hiten glanced out from behind Sango, “because…we came to collect our buddy. We missed him.”
 
Sesshoumaru shot InuYasha a glance, of who was trying to be mighty invisible for the moment. His eyes narrowed and he dropped Hiten, “did you ask them here?”
 
InuYasha regarded Sesshoumaru with a roll of his eyes, “would I do that?”
 
Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow and retorted, “Would you?”
 
InuYasha wrapped an arm around Kagome's waist and dragged her into his chest with a slight thud. He glanced back at Sesshoumaru with a slightly glassy glare, “what do you think?”
 
Bankotsu threw up his hands in frustration and called out, “no, fucker…we're just here. We decided Kyushu just wasn't as fun without our crazy hanyou so we came here to get him.”
 
InuYasha didn't miss the slight gasp that came from Kagome's lips. He only held her tighter, “sorry dude, I ain't going back. I got to much for me here.”
 
Bankotsu threw him a `spare me' glare before looking back at Ryen, “why the hell do you look like this shit head?”
 
Ryen laughed callously as he stared at Sesshoumaru's back, as if reading his thoughts. “Are you sure it wise to insult the angered demon in front of you?”
 
Miroku coughed loudly and wrapped his arm through Sango's. “We should go…it's late and apparently this is a family dispute.”
 
Sango nodded and threw Kagome a small frown, “why don't we walk you home?”
 
Before Kagome could answer, a deeper male voice responded, “no…I am going to drive her home tonight.”
 
Sango shot Ryen a glance then gave Kagome what she hoped to be a reassuring look but was sure it came out more as a `good luck' stare. “Bye guys…see you all tomorrow.”
 
Bankotsu looked over his shoulder at the girl leaving and gave her a sneer, “not if I can help it.”
 
Sango flipped the guy off before walking from the house.
 
Kagome bit her lip and opened her mouth to speak, only to be interrupted by InuYasha.
 
“The hell you are taking her home. She is staying here with me tonight.”
 
Kagome widened her eyes and looked up at her now human lover. “I am?”
 
Ryen sighed deeply and rolled his eyes, “no, she is not. InuYasha, do you wish for me to call her mom to come pick her up? Cause I can…”
 
Kagome's eyes widened as she pulled herself from his grasp, “no…no, that is more then okay.”
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest, “I ain't letting her out of my sight so you can forget about being alone with her.”
 
Bankotsu laughed and took a step back from Sesshoumaru, “never know how those old fogies can be when around young hot girls.”
 
Ryen was by Sesshoumaru's side in a moment, glaring at the youth in front of him. “Keep that tongue behind those yellow teeth, boy, unless you want to lose it.”
 
Bankotsu leaned back on his heels and crossed his arms, “you can't threaten me…you're an officer of the law.”
 
Ryen exchanged glances with Sesshoumaru before reaching out and picking the boy up by his collar. Growling ferociously, he sneered, “I'm also off duty.” Ryen then turned and dropped the boy behind him. He reached over to the banister of the railing and pulled off his black leather bomber jacket and wrapped it around himself, pulling out a set of keys to his car. “Kagome…say goodbye to InuYasha.”
 
Kagome bit her bottom lip and threw InuYasha a startled glance. “I…”
 
InuYasha put a hand on her shoulder then stepped in front of her, snarling, “she ain't going nowhere with you old man!”
 
Ryen paused; his back going ridged and exhaled a deep breath. Turning rather quickly, he grabbed the hanyou by his neck and slammed him into the wall next to the front door, his right eye twitching, “what did I tell you about calling me that?”
 
InuYasha stared down at Ryen while thrashing about, “let me go!”
 
Ryen blinked then a small smile played on his lips, “I see…”
 
InuYasha narrowed his eyes then yelped as he was dropped to the floor. He frowned and glided back to Kagome and enveloped her in his arms, “you ain't taking her no where!”
 
Ryen whipped out a tiny black cell phone from his side pocket of the dark carpenter jeans he was wearing. “Do you want me to call her mother?”
 
Kagome placed a hand on Inuyasha's before pulling away. She turned and kissed the tip of his nose, “sorry baby…but I can't let mom find me dressed like this.”
 
InuYasha glowered from Kagome then back at Ryen who looked slightly amused. “What's so fuckin funny? You said `I see'…you see what, asshole?”
 
Ryen tilted his head and gently took Kagome's arm. Leading her out the door, he turned and called over his shoulder, “I see the obvious, baka…”
 
InuYasha rushed after them, running out his front door and nearly tripping down the front steps, “what, that I'm fucking human? I swear to god Ryen…if you so much as touch a hair on her head…I'll kill you! Just cause I'm fuckin human now…doesn't mean shit! I'll take you down! Then I'll use assholes sword to bring you back to life so I can kill you again!”
 
Ryen led Kagome to his black 1967 Shelby GT500 that had beautiful twin racing stripes down its body length and opened the side door for her. Only after she was inside, did he turn to face his nephew, a look of slight anger playing on his face. “I was referring to the fact that you are plastered and willingly put the welfare of your mate on the line so you could get your rocks off on one night of drinking. I would never dream of hurting Kagome, InuYasha. Much like how I look at you as my nephew, I view her as family as well. You on the other hand…you might want to take a look in the mirror before speaking about hurting this innocent girl.” He threw a glance to the enraged demon standing behind InuYasha, “Sesshoumaru, please handle him.”
 
Sesshoumaru growled back in a primal response.
 
Ryen winked once at InuYasha in jest as he climbed into the car and woke the monster of a cobra engine he had in the car. The panes of the house shook with the vibrations of the revving motor before Ryen took off like a bat out of hell.
 
InuYasha watched as the black car vanished into the pits of night then slowly turned to face his brother. A fist greeted him to his face and an ensuing darkness followed.
 
~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~
 
Well…sorry this took sooo long to get up and posted. Hard enough to find time to breathe let alone write. I am still working on this though, and have plenty of plot bunnies taking over my life. (Pages of them instead of notes, its fun, really.) I swear if it weren't 1am, I would do thanks and answer questions but its really late and I haven't been getting much rest at all. So I will say this, to all of my readers, thank you so much for sticking with me through this fic and I appreciate all the time you have taken to read my story! Hopefully it is still in everyone's favor and you will all come along with me for the rest of this ride! Ja ne!
 
*- Cassio- Bankotsu's reference is to Othello, by Shakespeare of the role of Iago who is Othello's ensign and close confident, who poison's Othello's mind throughout the story using jealousy as his bait to eventually lead Othello into a fit of rage, believing his completely faithful wife has been sleeping with Cassio, another close friend of Othello's. Othello then kills his wife in a act of blind rage. Take this as you will though the meaning is obvious.